Amazon Trade Ins

Chimeratwin

CAGiversary!
Feedback
7 (100%)
Hey guys, I have a question about Amazon Trade-Ins. 

I plan on trading in some DS games I bought from gamestop when they were like $1-$2. Amazon is surprisingly offering almost $10 per game, but they are loose (I was surprised amazons trade in values aren't too bad.) 

For cartridge based games, can you trade them in loose ala Gamestop style? Or do they have to be complete? I know for Discs they have to have the case. Not sure if anyone here has had experience with them. What do you guys think? 

They have varying levels of prices depending on the completeness/conditions of the game.

The price that you're seeing for the trade-in on the product page is going to be the best conditioned price, so don't get fooled by that.

Once you actually go through with the trade in process, there will be different levels of condition, and that's where they'll get you for the trade in value.  Sometimes, those trade-in values are even for new condition items, so wouldn't apply to your games.

Just try to start the trade in process, as you're not locked into anything just trying to figure out the prices.  You'll see that they'll ask you if it's complete, etc. and then it'll also go into more details the next page.

Last edited by a moderator:
They've must've changed the protocol for games, since I've only been trading in DVD and Blus in the past year or two.

I guess for games they just don't really care all that much.

Guess you're good to go then. :D

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah, they appear to have moved to a three-question trade-in now: is the disc/cart included, does it play, and are there any scratches.

Welp, Works for me. The only disc based games I'm sending in are complete, and the others are cartridge based so I guess I'm good! Thanks guys, Much prefer this than giving gamestop any business. 

Yeah, they appear to have moved to a three-question trade-in now: is the disc/cart included, does it play, and are there any scratches.
If you choose no to the first question, does it reply with "your trade value is $0, because you don't have the game"?

If you choose no to the first question, does it reply with "your trade value is $0, because you don't have the game"?
Close.

Thank you for your interest
Unfortunately, we are unable to accept this item.

The same message comes up if no is answered to "Does the game play perfectly?" or Many to "Are there any scratches?"

bread's done
Back