amazon trade problem - any similar experiences?

unnamed

CAG Veteran
Feedback
1 (100%)
Hi - recently sent Enslaved 360 to Amazon following their terms to the letter:

1. original box, instructions, comic, etc.
2. postmarked (most likely) one business day after trade request
3. condition: game was 3-days old

I just rec'd an email saying it was the incorrect item and they're returning it. As far as I know, there's only one 360 version of the game and either it's an admin-type error or they reached their inventory / prices dropped and they don't want to honor it (pure speculation - item was worth $35 TIV when I sent it, ).

I'm particularly irritated because I'll have wasted my time w/ the process and lost trade-in value since I won't even get the game back for another week. Plus, if they think it's the 'wrong item' are they sending me back a different game?

Anybody with a similar experience? Did you get it resolved?

Was it the K-Mart version with a comic inside? That one had a different sku than the regular copies of Enslaved..

I once traded in GTAIV: Episodes from Liberty City and they returned back to me because I kept the poster. They said an item was missing, pissed me off but I traded the game back in with the poster and they accepted it the 2nd time.

[quote name='Scorch']Was it the K-Mart version with a comic inside? That one had a different sku than the regular copies of Enslaved..[/QUOTE]

YES! Bah, unbelievable that they'd reject it because of that. Thanks for the help! Good to know though, don't think I'll bother w/ them anymore.

Yeah, this is an issue on their end due to multi-SKU games with bonuses. Why they don't override it (because it's pretty obvious what they're holding in their hands) is beyond me. Sadly, there's not much you can do but eat the loss. Amazon doesn't control anything that happens at NorAM, so complaining to them might not get you far. I've dealt with hundreds of dollars in trades and never run into the problem yet, but I typically only resell what Amazon sends me so that would probably explain it.

Just have to be careful about what you send in, because anything with the artwork augmented on the cover will probably have a different SKU.

Wow that sucks I traded in a Canadian version of Enslaved (I think its Canadian, got it from goozex and has french and english on cover and manual)..and they took it without problems.

Sadly there is no resolving this one, Amazon CS cant really help you since this is a third party that does the trade in. I've had a problem once and even after a lengthy E-mail exchange they basically keep repeating they cant do crap about it.

Useless service. I just got my Castlevania: Lords of Shadow (360) returned due to "wrong UPC." I bought the game new from Best Buy not long ago. Called customer service and basically got told to deal with it and they have no clue why it was rejected. The worst part is that the whole process will take a about 15-20days (by the time I get the disc back) during which time I've lost street value.

Unless you're buying from Amazon and trading it back to them, avoid this garbage. Just sell your games on Craigslist or Gamestop with promotions.

FYI guys... I just prepared 2 K-Mart copies of Enslaved to send to Amazon last night(they didn't have comics or anything), and right before I put them in the envelope I noticed there were stickers over the game's UPC with a *different* UPC. I peeled the stickers off and checked the UPC that was actually printed on the game, and it checked out on Goozex.(the sticker UPC did not).

The games were also wrapped in different plastic than games usually are - it was a soft shrinkwrap type plastic instead of the thicker, folded type that most games have. Is it possible that K-Mart unwraps their games and applies in-house UPC's before selling them? ..or maybe this was just a fluke with Enslaved

[quote name='Robert R1']Useless service. I just got my Castlevania: Lords of Shadow (360) returned due to "wrong UPC." I bought the game new from Best Buy not long ago. Called customer service and basically got told to deal with it and they have no clue why it was rejected. The worst part is that the whole process will take a about 15-20days (by the time I get the disc back) during which time I've lost street value.

Unless you're buying from Amazon and trading it back to them, avoid this garbage. Just sell your games on Craigslist or Gamestop with promotions.[/QUOTE]

One bad experience doesn't make a service "garbage". Many many many of us have used Amazon's trade service many times with no problems. Amazon credit is far more valuable than Gamestop credit and they pay more to begin with.

Sorry you had a tough time though..

bread's done
Back