Amazon "Tron Legacy" Movie Ticket Offer with select DVD/Bluray purchase

nightmare452

CAGiversary!
Feedback
63 (100%)
Just saw this at Amazon and posted to see if anyone was interested.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/feature.ht...d_t=201&pf_rd_p=1283438402&pf_rd_i=B002ZG99R2

Buy any of these 11 DVDs between December 7, 2010 and January 2, 2011 and receive a promotional code which you can redeem for a certificate valid for one admission to see the movie Tron Legacy between December 17, 2010 and January 31, 2011 at participating theaters.
Step 1: Complete your purchase of any of the 11 DVDs from below between December 7, 2010 and January 2, 2011. Certificate good for one admission (up to $12.00).
Step 2: Once shipment of the DVD occurs you will receive an e-mail within 48 hours containing your promotional code, click the link contained in the email to go to the website http://www.disneymoviecash.com/tron/ and redeem your promotional code.
Step 3: On the http://www.disneymoviecash.com/tron/ website, follow the instructions to enter your promotional code and other required information and print your certificate.

Movies:
Armageddon [Blu-ray] $13.49
Chronicles of Narnia: Lion Witch & Wardrobe [Blu-ray] $17.99
Chronicles of Narnia: Prince Caspian [Blu-ray] $22.99
National Treasure [Blu-ray] $13.49
National Treasure 2: Book of Secrets [Blu-ray] $13.49
Surrogates [Blu-ray] $17.99
Old Dogs [Blu-ray] $15.99

National Treasure 2 - Book of Secrets [DVD] $14.99

Race to Witch Mountain [DVD] $13.99
Surrogates [DVD] $13.99
Old Dogs [DVD] $13.99

well if i hadn't already pre-bought tickets to an imax showing i'd jump in on this. National Treasure is my favorite movie from that list (tho Surrogates is tempting too).

[quote name='StarKnightX']Armageddon or Surrogates? Armageddon is cheaper but lacks some of the content from the Criterion version (eligibly).[/QUOTE]

Armageddon, much more rewatchability

awesome these codes essentially work like giftcards for $12 bucks at AMC theaters. So I'm gonna go see Tron early saturday in Imax 3d for nothing out of pocket.

Not a great selection of movies but I've been wanting Amaragedon for a bit.

[quote name='porieux']I was interested until I saw the list of movies. Ugh.[/QUOTE]

same, I plan on seeing Tron Legacy in theaters, but honestly with this selection of movies I rather just save the couple dollars and buy the tickets at the theater.

I had been wanting both National Treasures so if I get 2 $12.00 tickets that would be well worth it, especially since the price of a movie here is only 7.00.
We will see what happens.

[quote name='RedvsBlue']Armageddon, much more rewatchability[/QUOTE]

Works for me.

[quote name='zenintrude']The real toss up is between Armageddon and National Treasure... decisions.[/QUOTE]

National Treasure would've been my first pick but I already had both of them.

Was meaning to see National Treasure 2, so getting the Blu and a ticket to see Tron for slightly over the price of the movie ticket works perfectly. Thanks OP.

not sure but this looks like a coupon. Dont forget most theaters says no coupons or passes for the first few weeks so if you want to see this opening night this might not be for you

[quote name='bzchanboy']awesome these codes essentially work like giftcards for $12 bucks at AMC theaters. So I'm gonna go see Tron early saturday in Imax 3d for nothing out of pocket. [/QUOTE]

Lucky! The theater I am watching Tron at (in IMAX 3D) is 18 bucks a ticket D:

I wonder if ordering two of the eligible movies in the same transaction, let alone off one account, will still only result in one coupon code issued.

I guess, to be safe, it would be best to order off of separate accounts just in case?

[quote name='jpmoney']Lucky! The theater I am watching Tron at (in IMAX 3D) is 18 bucks a ticket D:[/QUOTE]

Thats how much it is at regular times. But AMC has an awesome deal before 12noon on friday sat sunday you can see a movie for 6 bucks.

I hate theater prices they are so over bloated. they honestly just need to go back to a 6-8 screen format. Mega theaters have driven up the price so high its not funny.

Thanks again op.

Also tip: You'll only get one code even if you purchase more than one movie. So use separate accounts if you want multiple tickets.

[quote name='bzchanboy']Thats how much it is at regular times. But AMC has an awesome deal before 12noon on friday sat sunday you can see a movie for 6 bucks.
[/QUOTE]
Actually, AMC has that $6 deal everyday now, not just for Friday-Sunday. Being able to stack this with their free popcorn on Wed. deal plus using my free large drink coupon (which I can print out infinitely with new exp. dates for some reason) makes for one hell of a bargain for me.

Also, just an FYI, Tron: Legacy is one of the movies listed for their "See 5 Movies, Get $10 AMC Promo Card" promotion. Link

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='jpmoney']Lucky! The theater I am watching Tron at (in IMAX 3D) is 18 bucks a ticket D:[/QUOTE]

mine is $17 :\

but the $12 movie cash should ease that a little bit, and I have some amazon credit which makes it even sweeter

Ordered Armageddon and National Treasure on two separate orders... IMAX costs $15 here, so it'll only end up costing me $6 more... seems reasonable.

[quote name='floormat']not sure but this looks like a coupon. Dont forget most theaters says no coupons or passes for the first few weeks so if you want to see this opening night this might not be for you[/QUOTE]

http://emoviecash.com/dis_locator/

This website will show you what theaters near you accept it emovie cash.

[quote name='floormat']not sure but this looks like a coupon. Dont forget most theaters says no coupons or passes for the first few weeks so if you want to see this opening night this might not be for you[/QUOTE]

They never say "no coupons" but they do often say "no passes"... passes are the free movie tickets that you get from using your AMC or Regal card so many times and earning a free pass.

This coupon works just like cash, and I have seen many a movie on opening night with them.

[quote name='zenintrude']They never say "no coupons" but they do often say "no passes"... passes are the free movie tickets that you get from using your AMC or Regal card so many times and earning a free pass.

This coupon works just like cash, and I have seen many a movie on opening night with them.[/QUOTE]

for what its worth that is reguarly part of the recording locally... (no coupons or passes)

looks like the junk theaters locally accept this the good one odes not though. Alas. Thanks for posting though =)

if i am going to prebuy 3d tickets for my local ultrascreen tomorrow (they are $20). This promotion would work for $12 of it?

[quote name='hmbtnguy']Thanks! Is it possible to do two separate orders and receive 2 codes? Or is it only 1 per amazon account.[/QUOTE]

I fucked up... I thought I would be able to get 2, so I got both Armageddon and National Treasure.

Then I read this:

"Only purchases of select DVD movies from Amazon.com qualify. Limited to one offer/one promotional code per customer."

Fuuuuuck.

[edit] I JUST RECEIVED A SECOND PROMOTIONAL CODE, SO ORDER AS MANY AS YOU NEEEEEEED!!!!! :) :) :)

Has anyone used these yet? Wanted to know if you could use them for an IMAX 3D show and then just pay the difference.

I used my ticket yesterday, and the manager even decided to forfeit the remaining $2 I owned him and just game me a ticket overall. I would recommend checking with a movie theater beforehand so they don't give you any problems.

Can someone answer my question - Do they send the code to you before the item ship or only on the day it ship?

[quote name='oribel']Can someone answer my question - Do they send the code to you before the item ship or only on the day it ship?[/QUOTE]

Sorry, they send you the code AFTER the item ships. I got the "movie code" email like 10 minutes after my "it shipped" email.

bread's done
Back