Amazon/TRU "Game Blowout" & $10 Sale Restock - online only?

Run4Fun

CAGiversary!
Feedback
2 (100%)
In an email sent by ToysRUs.com and Amazon.com, I was directed to their daily deals page. Apparently, they are trying to get rid of some PS2, Nintendo (GBA, Gamecube, and even an SNES title), and XBOX stuff. There are actually a few decent titles for under $10.

Nintendo - PS2 - Xbox

EDIT by CheapyD...there are also some games not listed (leftovers from the December Sale) that are back in stock for $10.
Here are some recommended $10 games from the new sale mixed in with those that are back in stock from the original sale.

:ps2:PS2
Arc the Lad
Capcom Fighting Evolution [OOS]
Cold Fear
Dragonball Z Sagas
Freedom Fighters
Ghost in the shell: Stand Alone Complex
Jet Li: Rise to Honor
Max Payne 2
Metal Gear Solid 3 w/bonus DVD
Midway Arcade Treasures 2
Neo Contra
Pride FC
Rumble Roses
RYGAR:The Legendary Adventure
SOCOM w/headset $20
The Getaway
THUG 2
Viewtiful Joe 2
World Championship Poker [OOS]

:xbox:Xbox
007: Everything or Nothing
Cold Fear
Dead Man's Hand
Dead to Rights 2
Def Jam Fight for NY
Dragonball Z Sagas
Mafia
MTV Music Generator 3
Oddworld
Stolen
Tiger Woods PGA Tour 2005
Toca Race Driver 2
Trivial Pursuit
Tron 2.0

:gc:GameCube
Pokemon Channel

:ds:DS
Feel the Magic

:gba: GBA
Ace Combat Advance
Cartoon Network Bundle-includes Block Party (GBA), Cartoon Network Platinum Edition (GBAV), and GBA SP Headphones
LOTR: Return of the King
Rave Master Special Attack Force
Shaman King Legacy of Spirits: Soaring Hawk
Shaman King: Master of Spirits
Yu-Yu Hakusho: Tournament Tactics

I have played the 1st and 3rd game in that collection. Fighting Force is a fun beat em up but can be repetitive. Soul Reaver is good if you like adventure games.

[quote name='3QGojo']Legacy of Kain / Fighting Force Collectors' Edition

Anyone know if that's any good?[/QUOTE]

Well, I know people who enjoyed Soul Reaver but, if you beat it, it's going to be a kick in the junk. Either you'll reach the end and curse it out (and then buy Soul Reaver 2) or you will reach the end and give it the finger. It all depends.

Legacy of Kain was a great overhead 2D game back in the day but I don't know how it would stand up to the test of time nowadays. It's still a decent little game considering it would be a couple of bucks and all.

And Fighting Force was a mediocre 3D brawler but, hey, it at least had some effort thrown into it. It's not a terrible game but I don't think it ever reaches beyond "middle of the road".

Overall, for $10 you can't necessarily go wrong for three titles and all, but for $10 you could theoretically pick up a single, better game. Unfortunately, I can't really recommend any of the games on the lists for $10 that would be that much better than this PS1 triple-pack.

[quote name='PenguinMaster']None of the deals seem all that great.[/QUOTE]

Agreed, but it's a good thing. After TRU, CC, BB's 10 off coupon and GameCrazy my wallet can't handle another one.

Nor can my shelf holding my lewts :D

[quote name='PenguinMaster']None of the deals seem all that great.[/QUOTE]

Ugh...talk about a "hepl, we can't sell these games to the bumpkins, rednecks OR in the ghetto TRU's...let's try selling them online" sale. :lol:

Soul Reaver is amazing imho. Kinda reminded me a little of Zelda, or a 3D metroid w/ vampires when I first played it (IE: explore a large world, get new powers, use said powers to access new areas_

LoK is good, and was especially so at the time it came out, but not outstanding.

Fighting Force is a mindless brawler, but consider it a free gift for buying the 2 better games :)

I'm thinking of going for either Neo Contra or Cold Fear. Anyone have thoughts on either of these gameS? Isn't Cold Fear the one that was supposed to be "RE4 on a boat" or something?

[quote name='PRMega']I'm thinking of going for either Neo Contra or Cold Fear. Anyone have thoughts on either of these gameS? Isn't Cold Fear the one that was supposed to be "RE4 on a boat" or something?[/QUOTE]

That was Cold Winter. Which is no RE4, but still fairly decent.

Cold Fear is an FPS.

[quote name='WebScud']That was Cold Winter. Which is no RE4, but still fairly decent.

Cold Fear is an FPS.[/QUOTE]

You're backwards... Cold Fear is horror survival, Cold Winter is the FPS.

[quote name='WebScud']That was Cold Winter. Which is no RE4, but still fairly decent.

Cold Fear is an FPS.[/QUOTE]

Actually, Cold Fear *is* RE on a boat... I am sitting on a copy from the TRU clearance.

[quote name='Roufuss']You're backwards... Cold Fear is horror survival, Cold Winter is the FPS.[/QUOTE]

Whoops. My bad. O:)

I used to love Fighting Force. It's the last good 2 player beat-em-up that came out IMO. I still pick it up every now and then and play it.

Cold Fear was "supposed" to be like RE4 on a boat, but it's more like Mediocre on a boat. I could get past the crap controls if they at least gave you a fucking map.

Anybody know if Arc the Lad: Twilight of Spirits is worth 10 bucks? Was interested in picking that up, although I'd probably have to return one of my previous pickups like Virtua Quest or Crimson Sea 2 for it, since my wallet can't handle too much more...even it is "only" 10 bucks...

[quote name='munkyballz']Anybody know if Arc the Lad: Twilight of Spirits is worth 10 bucks? Was interested in picking that up, although I'd probably have to return one of my previous pickups like Virtua Quest or Crimson Sea 2 for it, since my wallet can't handle too much more...even it is "only" 10 bucks...[/QUOTE]

i haven't played any of those yet, but i think it would be safe to assume that Arc is better than Virtua

that said, Arc can be found for $10 easier than Virtua can

[quote name='fifthcore']Does anyone know what is on the bonus DVD that comes with Metal Gear Solid 3?[/QUOTE]

I think its basically a kind o fmovie made up of all the fmv stuff in the actual game so you can watch it from beginning to end as if it were a movie. i bought it online but havent bothered to check it out yet but i recall reading about it over at ign.com.

and yeah legacy of kain was a great series especially the soul reaver stuff until they kept trying to make more and more of them and spread the story out. now as it is i think they stopped the franchise alltogether and left the story unfinished after LOK Defiance. I wished theyd sell shadowman that was a hell of a game especially on the dreamcast some of the best game music ever.

GET RYGAR!! Arc The Lad is pretty good if you like the turn based rpg's. It's one of the better one's on PS2 but you can probably find it cheaper new on ebay or something.

I got "Ghost in the Shell" from this sale... Anyone else notice that the cover on the game you get is different from the one on the site? What's up with that?

[quote name='Scahom1']There was 2 different covers released. I noticed this when I worked at EB.[/QUOTE]

Is that supposed to add value to the game...?

[quote name='nickelpin']Is that supposed to add value to the game...?[/QUOTE]

The two covers are both included, the case insert for GITS is reversible.

Edit: Whoops, somebody else posted faster. :)

I have to agree with the other posters - for $10, don't miss out on Rygar. Amazing game. You might be able to find it cheaper used at a GS or EB though.

[quote name='fifthcore']Does anyone know what is on the bonus DVD that comes with Metal Gear Solid 3?[/QUOTE]

[quote name='Lokiz']I think its basically a kind o fmovie made up of all the fmv stuff in the actual game so you can watch it from beginning to end as if it were a movie. i bought it online but havent bothered to check it out yet but i recall reading about it over at ign.com.[/QUOTE]

Actually, it's just a DVD version of the trailer released at E3 2004. It's pretty worthless, no bonus materials or anything. It was a preorder giveaway back when the game came out. The movie version of all the cutscenes that Lokiz mentions is going to be available with Metal Gear Solid 3: Subsistence, which comes out this spring.

[quote name='munkyballz']Anybody know if Arc the Lad: Twilight of Spirits is worth 10 bucks? Was interested in picking that up, although I'd probably have to return one of my previous pickups like Virtua Quest or Crimson Sea 2 for it, since my wallet can't handle too much more...even it is "only" 10 bucks...[/QUOTE]

This RPG was pretty good in my opinion. I bought it for about $15.00 used awhile ago and beat it. Storyline is very good, and the characters have personality and depth. It's one of my favorites along with Star Ocean TTET, Tales of Symphonia and the Final Fantasies. Very much worth $10 in my opinion. I easily would have paid $30 for it looking back now.

Legacy of Kain had some very good qualities. I thought as a platformer the controls were a little qwerky and there wasn't much direction on where you needed to go or what you needed to do. I think for $10 though, you couldn't really go wrong with it considering it costs $6.00+ to just rent a game nowadays.

[quote name='WebScud']SOCOM: US Navy Seals with USB Headset
$19.99
http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detail/-/B0000690Z9/qid=/br=1-12/ref=br_lf_t_rz_12//103-3775934-1963030?v=glance&n=13791591&s=toys&m=A3UN6WX5RRO2AG

That's not a bad deal. ...Anyone know if the mic has a mute button? The first wave of stand alone PS2 headsets did not. I'm hoping this one does.[/QUOTE]

I don't think so... Socom's mic does not have a MUTE button, at least mine didn''t when I got it at CC last summer... the mic is a little on the cheap side but it works.

It doesn't have a mute button because Sony wants to rip you off by making you buy their more expensive model.

[quote name='sabin23']I don't think so... Socom's mic does not have a MUTE button, at least mine didn''t when I got it at CC last summer... the mic is a little on the cheap side but it works.

It doesn't have a mute button because Sony wants to rip you off by making you buy their more expensive model.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the info.

The first version of "Sony more expensive version" didn't have a mute button. That's why I asked. I was pretty sure that they were the same with the exception of the SOCOM logo.

In fact, some places still carry the un-mutable version, for the same price as the newly released version. I bought one (without knowing) this past summer to beta test Ratchet: Deadlocked. Wal-Mart took it back without problem. Just saying though. Watch out.

These caught my eye: any of these worth getting?

Neo Contra
Rumble Roses
Viewtiful Joe 2
Dead to Right 2
Dragonball Z Saga

[quote name='peteyrose']These caught my eye: any of these worth getting?

Neo Contra
Rumble Roses
Viewtiful Joe 2
Dead to Right 2
Dragonball Z Saga
Midway Arcade Treasures 2[/QUOTE]

Neo Contra is so so

Rumble Roses is basically DOA but WWF style
VJ2 haven't played it yet :|
DTR2 dunno, have DTR1 and its so so
DBZ Saga..don't like DBZ

MAT2 pretty good if your into there stuff from the 90's

I started a separate thread, it might get merged with this one or deleted, but I saw a bunch of Dreamcast games from TRU on Amazon.

[quote name='Cookie Monster']Actually, it's just a DVD version of the trailer released at E3 2004. It's pretty worthless, no bonus materials or anything. It was a preorder giveaway back when the game came out. The movie version of all the cutscenes that Lokiz mentions is going to be available with Metal Gear Solid 3: Subsistence, which comes out this spring.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for finally clearing that up for me, Cookie.

Oh, and thanks for making the OP look professional CheapyD.

bread's done
Back