Amazon UK. Planet Earth Blu Ray 27.74 shipped

Warning: I heard this BD does not work on US PS3s, so order with caution. Don't know if they've fixed that issue or not.

[quote name='KingGondo']Warning: I heard this BD does not work on US PS3s, so order with caution. Don't know if they've fixed that issue or not.[/QUOTE]
The UK version of Planet Earth works just fine on the PS3. It's Life that doesn't work. And FYI this is the best version available.

I hope it works.... I bought this last week for my Wife's B-day and it arrived today.

Raven, are you saying that LIFE doesn't work at all or just the UK version? I have LIFE coming for her as well.

The UK version of Life is encoded at 1080i/50Hz which is not playable on a handful of U.S. BD players.

Panasonic DMP-BD30 with firmware 1.6 or later
Panasonic DMP-BD35
Sony BDP-S350
Sony BDP-S550
Sony Playstation 3

There was suppose to be an update to the PS3 to fix this but I don't know if they've done it yet.

[quote name='basis']sorry to OT: Raven, so in your opinion the best version of Life on BR is the US version?
http://www.amazon.com/Life-narrated...ef=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=dvd&qid=1275095518&sr=8-1

wished there was a site to track Amazon UK prices.[/QUOTE]
There are 3 different versions of Life on Blu-ray. The U.K. version is 1080i and not playable on some U.S. BD players. The U.S. Discovery version is 1080i and is narrated by Oprah. The version you linked to is the U.S. BBC version narrated by Attenborough and is the only one in 1080p, so yes that would be the best one.

I actually did search for one, the only threads that came up were from atleast 6 months ago and a price of around $40.00....sorry to steal your thunder.

[quote name='SLeeK719']I actually did search for one, the only threads that came up were from atleast 6 months ago and a price of around $40.00....sorry to steal your thunder.[/QUOTE]
No thunder stolen, I couldn't care less who starts the thread. It's just nicer to have all replies for a deal in one thread. For example, in the other thread it was already discussed that this set plays fine in US ps3s.

bread's done
Back