Amazon VG Lightning Deals 06/24, starts @ 10:00 AM PDT

I think I will wait until it gets a lil cheaper, or when there's a B2G1 sale. I have other PSP games to collect.

[quote name='MidnightMarauder74']1PM The world of Lunar is slowly descending into chaos - Is this going to be the standard or premium edition?[/QUOTE]

Standard

[quote name='fwbweux']I bit. I haven't seen any of the Falcom LEs drop much below $30 (excluding today's inevitable lightning deal on Oath in Felghana), so now's as good a time as any to get it, I suppose.

It looks great, I just have no idea how XSEED is going to carry through on their promise to bring the two other games in the series when we likely wouldn't get the last one until 2013. I'm not the "omg my UMDs are going to spontaneously selfdestruct the second the Vita is on shelves!!!" type, but even some of the niche that XSEED caters to has to move on eventually.[/QUOTE]

Well Xseed already did the voice acting for all 3 games so I would think they would try to get them out.

[quote name='onyzukae']Lunar: Silver Star Harmony Limited Edition

I WANT THIS!!!![/QUOTE]

Sorry but it is going to be standard edition

[quote name='MidnightMarauder74']1PM The world of Lunar is slowly descending into chaos - Is this going to be the standard or premium edition?[/QUOTE]

may grab another copy if its 9.99 normal price is 19.99

[quote name='62t']Well Xseed already did the voice acting for all 3 games so I would think they would try to get them out.[/QUOTE]

Games have been canned farther along into localization so you never know. My money's still on them getting all three games released, though.

LoH:TiTs is worth $28.
I got it for $40 at GameStop and love this game. Its easily worth $28
80+ hours in and im like 3/4 the way through and still loving it.
Easily one of my Top 5 PSP games. Havent tried the OST but im gonna frame the poster.

I so hope they bring the other 2 to UMDs.

[quote name='jacknicklson']All PST

10AM The first of a new trilogy in the established The Legend of Heroes RPG series for PSP
1PM The world of Lunar is slowly descending into chaos
3PM A tale of Five Great Dragons on the PSP
5PM The standard version of our 10AM deal
6PM A Classic RPG gets a facelift for the PSP in a Premium Edition
7PM A Classic RPG gets a facelift for the PSP in a Standard Edition[/QUOTE]

so 3pm is ys 7 (normal price is 20 could be tempted regrab to keep sealed at 10 but wont be home

6 and 7 pm is ys The Oath In Felghana -again normal one is 20 could be a nice grab at 10

If it is Lunar PE, the new copy is semi rare i think.
Its goes for like $50 on Amazon new, got my copy for $30 GameStop new. But wouldn't mind selling my copy and buying it here if its the PE new one. The regualr is listed as $19 new so it might be like $15 or less

My predictions

10AM The first of a new trilogy in the established The Legend of Heroes RPG series for PSP
1PM The world of Lunar is slowly descending into chaos-Lunar Silver Star Harmony- ?
3PM A tale of Five Great Dragons on the PSP-Ys: Seven
5PM The standard version of our 10AM deal-LoH:TiTS regular
6PM A Classic RPG gets a facelift for the PSP in a Premium Edition-Ys Oath of Felgana Premium
7PM A Classic RPG gets a facelift for the PSP in a Standard Edition- Ys Oath of Felgana Regular

[quote name='jthieme']Was on the fence with the LE vs waiting for the standard edition later today but since my prime expired I went with the LE since it qualified for free shipping without having to add some filler I don't really need anyway.[/QUOTE]

Orrrr just make a new account with another email address and you've got free prime again.

So what are the guesses for the other games?

Picked up Trails in the Sky though. It's been on my wish list for a while.

The Limited content on Legend of Heroes doesn't interest me in the slightest, but the game does. If it's sub-$20 for standard it's going to be hard for me not to buy.

[quote name='DudeImGodly']Orrrr just make a new account with another email address and you've got free prime again.[/QUOTE]
how do you do this?
I had prime from a friends email but now i dont have a edu account to get free prime.

[quote name='adriley313']how do you do this?
I had prime from a friends email but now i dont have a edu account to get free prime.[/QUOTE]

Step 1: Make a new e-mail address. ( I Prefer G-Mail)
https://www.google.com/accounts/New...78aacddfd7d27d48b3aa7074264b02de39acbd&type=2

Step 2: Make new Amazon account with new G-Mail Address
https://www.amazon.com/ap/signin?_e...//specs.openid.net/auth/2.0/identifier_select

Step 3: Put anything that's eligible for prime in Your Cart (AWD Link)
http://www.amazon.com/s/qid=1308944...94448011,p_36:-2499&bbn=1294448011&sort=price

Step 4: Proceed to Checkout
Put all your normal info in until you get to the Payment & Shipping Screen.
You will be offered free 1 month trial of prime.
Accept the trial.

Step 5: Repeat Every 30 Days.

[quote name='Vinny']I would bite on Trails but I get the feeling that all PSP games will be cleared out by the end of the year as the Vita (*shudder*) won't support UMDs. Plus, most of XSeed's CEs are mass produced... hopefully this one hits $20 like Lunar SSH did.[/QUOTE]

+1

Trails in the Sky was just recently released. I have such a huge backlog that I'm just going to wait for the price to drop lower than $27.99 for premium edition.

yes i agree
was hoping for the PE to replace my gamestop new copy with a brand new copy
oh well, i just hope that oath of felgana PE is cheap like $20 cheap

[quote name='adriley313']yes i agree
was hoping for the PE to replace my gamestop new copy with a brand new copy
oh well, i just hope that oath of felgana PE is cheap like $20 cheap[/QUOTE]

Should be, since it's $29.99 right now. Watch, $5 off.

For anybody following the Ys series: Has there been any announcements to release Ys IV or V in English? From what I can tell, those are the only 2 that haven't been localized and if I'm going to start this series I wouldn't want to skip 2 games in the middle.

[quote name='DudeImGodly']Step 1: Make a new e-mail address. ( I Prefer G-Mail)
https://www.google.com/accounts/New...78aacddfd7d27d48b3aa7074264b02de39acbd&type=2

Step 2: Make new Amazon account with new G-Mail Address
https://www.amazon.com/ap/signin?_e...//specs.openid.net/auth/2.0/identifier_select

Step 3: Put anything that's eligible for prime in Your Cart (AWD Link)
http://www.amazon.com/s/qid=1308944...94448011,p_36:-2499&bbn=1294448011&sort=price

Step 4: Proceed to Checkout
Put all your normal info in until you get to the Payment & Shipping Screen.
You will be offered free 1 month trial of prime.
Accept the trial.

Step 5: Repeat Every 30 Days.[/QUOTE]

I wonder if this would eventually get you banned from Amazon. I remember reading here a user or two got banned from Amazon for something. Seems like this would be a good way to.

Just a disclaimer.

[quote name='HaLLuZiNaTiOnZ']Should be, since it's $29.99 right now. Watch, $5 off.

For anybody following the Ys series: Has there been any announcements to release Ys IV or V in English? From what I can tell, those are the only 2 that haven't been localized and if I'm going to start this series I wouldn't want to skip 2 games in the middle.[/QUOTE]

You left out Ys Origins which is PC only and getting a fan translation patch. Ys IV got fan translation. I think V is the only one that doesnt have a complete translation

[quote name='62t']You left out Ys Origins which is PC only and getting a fan translation patch. Ys IV got fan translation. I think V is the only one that doesnt have a complete translation[/QUOTE]

Ah, didn't see it at first on the Wikipedia article about Ys, but there it is. Good to hear about Ys IV.

Thanks for the information.

[quote name='schulerbob']I just picked up Ys 7 for ten bucks at best buy or I'd get that too[/QUOTE]

Was it YMMV clearance or is that a storewide price?

http://www.amazon.com/gp/feature.ht...pf_rd_t=101&pf_rd_p=1277833802&pf_rd_i=468642

10:00 AM PDT: The Legend of Heroes: Trails in the Sky Limited Edition for $27.99
01:00 PM PDT: Lunar Silver Star Harmony for $14.99
03:00 PM PDT: A tale of Five Great Dragons on the PSP
05:00 PM PDT: The standard version of our 10AM deal
06:00 PM PDT: A Classic RPG gets a facelift for the PSP in a Premium Edition
07:00 PM PDT: A Classic RPG gets a facelift for the PSP in a Standard Edition

Joystiq posted the deal earlier, but I couldn't find a thread on CAG.

Edit:
-_- Thanks for merging the threads. I wonder why this thread didn't come up when I searched for "lightning deals."

Last edited by a moderator:
The multiple account thing is definitely not condoned by amazon, especially if it is meant to take advantage of something free they are offering. I also remember hearing of people with their accounts being banned after doing that.

[quote name='scottman']The multiple account thing is definitely not condoned by amazon, especially if it is meant to take advantage of something free they are offering. I also remember hearing of people with their accounts being banned after doing that.[/QUOTE]

But which account would they ban? Couldn't you just create a new account? Or do they actually ban your name/ credit card from being used on the site? That seems highly unlikely...

I am guessing Ys Seven will be $15, not $10. Will bite at $10 but not $15.

Anybody else know the details about it being $10 at bestbuy?

[quote name='scottman']I am guessing Ys Seven will be $15, not $10. Will bite at $10 but not $15.

Anybody else know the details about it being $10 at bestbuy?[/QUOTE]

The standard version of Ys Seven was reported as being on clearance for $11.99 at BB.

Okay thanks, I think I'll bite at $15 then, considering tax and rarity at BB. Didn't really have this game on my radar, but the secret of mana comment and the screenshots clinched it. And the customer service at xseed was awesome when I had a problem with a little kings story disc, so I'll bite.

Should be free standard shipping by itself on this item too.

[quote name='jacknicklson']Enough with the scamming amazon stuff guys
We all know it's wrong, whether you do it or not should remain your business[/QUOTE]

It's not a scam?
It's a loophole.
There isn't anywhere in the amazon ToS that says you cannot make multiple prime accounts.

[quote name='scottman']Was it YMMV clearance or is that a storewide price?[/QUOTE]

i got it for $12 regualr price. It was in the psp section with no clearance sticker.
It even had a seperater will the game title and price on it. Though i already had the PE, but coundnt say no to the cheapness

[quote name='DudeImGodly']It's not a scam?
It's a loophole.
There isn't anywhere in the amazon ToS that says you cannot make multiple prime accounts.[/QUOTE]

Amazon can ban whoever it wishes and it doesn't have to be in their TOS. The ban would likely to be based on cc name, and/or shipping address.

I'm not saying they will, they might ignore it or simply give you a slap on the wrist and tell you not to do it anymore. However, it's obviously exploiting something that isn't intended, so do it at your own risk.

Just a heads up to those who bought any of the PSP games on sale today. I bought Trails in the Sky PE and noticed in my invoice sent to my email that the price charged to me was still $37.99 (even though throughout the checkout process, I was getting the lightning deal price). I sent an email to Amazon and the CSR apologized for the error and changed my order to reflect the discounted price of $27.99.

[quote name='DudeImGodly']It's not a scam?
It's a loophole.
There isn't anywhere in the amazon ToS that says you cannot make multiple prime accounts.[/QUOTE]

I don't know if that's true, but I doubt they will accept that excuse if they ban you.

bread's done
Back