Amazon Video Game Trade-In of the Day?

I saw this on SD. My opinion is that this should be in the Amazon trade thread, and does not warrant its own thread. They (SD) are advocating buying 3 at GS during this weekend's B2G1 sale, and trading them for $113.25 + $75 console coupon. Not a bad idea a) if you can find 3, and b) if you want to convert a lot of GS credit to Amazon, but I've seen better flips (Lego Indiana Jones (PSP) still gets $14.50).

ummm
if you had prime why couldnt you do

sell 2 copies for 75.50 you would then get another 75 so total 150.50

BUY 2 copies via amazon with prime next day shipping 93.98 + 4 for next day

98 bucks for 150 credit....

so basic it be 50 off any game system

[quote name='guessed']I saw this on SD. My opinion is that this should be in the Amazon trade thread, and does not warrant its own thread. They (SD) are advocating buying 3 at GS during this weekend's B2G1 sale, and trading them for $113.25 + $75 console coupon. Not a bad idea a) if you can find 3, and b) if you want to convert a lot of GS credit to Amazon, but I've seen better flips (Lego Indiana Jones (PSP) still gets $14.50).[/QUOTE]
Do they all have to be at the one store?

[quote name='slidecage']ummm
if you had prime why couldnt you do

sell 2 copies for 75.50 you would then get another 75 so total 150.50

BUY 2 copies via amazon with prime next day shipping 93.98 + 4 for next day

98 bucks for 150 credit....

so basic it be 50 off any game system[/QUOTE]

Hmm. You bring up an interesting option that I had not considered at first. Not the buying at Amazon thing, but the option to trade in 2, I had not considered. One could get 2 in the GS sale, plus another $54.99 game that they actually want, trade the 2 Metallica in and still qualify for the $75 coupon. $150.50 in credit/coupon + newer used game for 98.98 + tax. That is tempting.

[quote name='cochesecochese']Do they all have to be at the one store?[/QUOTE]

No, you can buy at one, then return/rebuy along with another copy or 2 at another GS, until you find the three games that you want for your B2G1. Be nice about it (i.e. don't go in there making demands and treating the employees like crap), and do it today, since it is the last day of the B2G1.

[quote name='guessed']
No, you can buy at one, then return/rebuy along with another copy or 2 at another GS, until you find the three games that you want for your B2G1. Be nice about it (i.e. don't go in there making demands and treating the employees like crap), and do it today, since it is the last day of the B2G1.[/QUOTE]

Word. Thanks for the info.

Nearest GS had 2 Metallica and a Prototype, all PS3, so I'm set. Thanks for the idea. Turned $108 GS credit (tax) into $150 Amazon credit (including console coupon), plus got Prototype free (already have Infamous).

[quote name='Scorch']Oh I will definitely be keeping my eye on this.[/QUOTE]

looks interesting.
random.gif

bread's done
Back