Amazon Videogames goldbox event 8-28 6am pst

Status
Not open for further replies.

JN25WIL

CAGiversary!
So here are the clues enjoy. Looks like a few decent things in here this time. http://www.amazon.com/gp/goldbox/ref=cs_top_nav_gb27

Gold Box Deal of the Day - GTA IV Complete + Max Payne 3 digital download bundle $24.99

6am - 4gig vita card $9.99

7am - Resistance Burning Skies $19.99

8am - G155 Gaming and Entertainment Mobile system $199.99

10am - Ghost Recon Pro Gamepad $19.99

12pm - Arkham City GOTY Edition PS3/360 $29.99

2pm - Little Big Planet 2 SE Move Bundle $49.99

4pm - Game of Thrones Art book bundle edition $29.99 PS3/360

6pm Sndicate PS3/360/PC $14.99

8pm - Nba 2k12 PS3/360

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='fishwaterjohn']....Be on the lookout for a $49.99 :ps3: Move Starter Bundle, too......[/QUOTE]

That's a pretty damn good price on a Move Bundle. Not a fan of LBP2 but was all over the Tiger Woods 2012: The Masters Bundle last year, same day/week, same exact price....If you're in the market, snatch it up...

That's a decent deal on the move bundle. Cam, Navigation Controller, Move controller and LBP 2 SE for $50 is a pretty sweet bargin. Onsale, the 2 controllers would run you $50 and if you don't have a cam yet makes it sweeter, or trade/sell it if you do, game as well.

Hopefully Syndicate turns out to be a decent deal and Game of thrones for those interested. Arkham City was a good deal for the game & all the dlc, I know people want it for $20 or less but both Rock steady games have been worth Full Price imo. May see it cheaper around BF, if not I'm guessing early Feb-April 2013.

I had a feeling they might come strong with a few today. Had a very good feeling about the price on the :ps3: Move Bundle. Was a 'fan boy" for Batman GOTY. Look for a couple of pretty good deals to close this one out, this might an exact replica of 08/2011.

I got the move bundle. Sweet deal since I don't have the cam. You can also trade Little big planet 2 back into Amazon for 17.30, so about 32ish dollars plus tax if you go that route.

[quote name='Fatalis Fafnir']I got the move bundle. Sweet deal since I don't have the cam. You can also trade Little big planet 2 back into Amazon for 17.30, so about 32ish dollars plus tax if you go that route.[/QUOTE]

How long does it usually take to get your money after sending in your game to amazon and do they give you cash or AMZN credit?

[quote name='Fatalis Fafnir']I got the move bundle. Sweet deal since I don't have the cam. You can also trade Little big planet 2 back into Amazon for 17.30, so about 32ish dollars plus tax if you go that route.[/QUOTE]

Just FYI, Amazon officially doesn't accept full package trade-ins with "Not For Resale" UPCs, which is what you'll get with this bundle. That didn't stop them from accepting my :ps3: GT5 "Not For Resale" full package game a while ago, though. Worth the risk IMO.

[quote name='JayRooster']How long does it usually take to get your money after sending in your game to amazon and do they give you cash or AMZN credit?[/QUOTE]

No clue, never done it before. I almost traded in Kingdoms of Amalur a while back, got the pre paid print out, but I played the game and liked it and never sent it in. It seemed painless though.

As for Amazon not accepting the trade it, you never know till you try. :)

[quote name='JN25WIL']And Gone.........15mins, people were all over that!![/QUOTE]

That's how it was last year; that PM, if I recall, is when they had the Tomb Raider Trilogy :ps3: and Grand Theft: Complete :ps3: @ $19.99 and I swear to God, I have never seen a Lightning Deal sell out so quick, both of them were gone in 45 seconds.

I wouldn't look for Syndicate to go any lower than $19.99, Game of Thrones w/ the Artbook should be around $39.99. NBA 2K2 could easily go for $19.99. That (along with what I think is a damn stellar Goldbox Deal) makes for much better than we've been getting; some pretty good deals to be had, I think? Or I hope....

[quote name='FlyingMonkey9']Will bite for nba2k12 for 9.99- anything more is too much with 13 around the corner which will have 1992 dream team[/QUOTE]

Seriously, I don't even think I'll spend more than $5 bucks on 12

[quote name='JayRooster']Seriously, I don't even think I'll spend more than $5 bucks on 12[/QUOTE]

Then again, im not spending more than 30 on nba2k13. Just not big enough a fan of the MBA. Loved how recent versions had classic players though. Sold 2k11 about 6 months ago

[quote name='FlyingMonkey9']Then again, im not spending more than 30 on nba2k13. Just not big enough a fan of the MBA. Loved how recent versions had classic players though. Sold 2k11 about 6 months ago[/QUOTE]

Haha I know, thank goodness for the $20 best buy promo

[quote name='JayRooster']How long does it usually take to get your money after sending in your game to amazon and do they give you cash or AMZN credit?[/QUOTE]

They email you when they receive your games (usually 3-4 days) and you'll get the credits in 2 days or less.
I don't think you get cash, just credit.

[quote name='fishwaterjohn']That's how it was last year; that PM, if I recall, is when they had the Tomb Raider Trilogy :ps3: and Grand Theft: Complete :ps3: @ $19.99 and I swear to God, I have never seen a Lightning Deal sell out so quick, both of them were gone in 45 seconds.

I wouldn't look for Syndicate to go any lower than $19.99, Game of Thrones w/ the Artbook should be around $39.99. NBA 2K2 could easily go for $19.99. That (along with what I think is a damn stellar Goldbox Deal) makes for much better than we've been getting; some pretty good deals to be had, I think? Or I hope....[/QUOTE]

Syndicate is already at $19.37 though....I would guess it would drop to $15.

*sigh* I woulda preferred the regular edition of GoT for $15 or $20. Guess I'll wait to see what happens w/ Syndicate.

Does GOT come individually sealed? I would bite on this if I thought I had a good chance to resell the game for close to $30 but if it is sealed with the book or has a Not for Resale printed on the back then i'll pass

I think I just bought the PS3 Move bundle (after it was way sold out) by clicking the Wait List Button. I have the order confirmation email for it. I guess they might cancel it, but I thought I'd mention this for future reference.

[quote name='GBAstar']Does GOT come individually sealed? I would bite on this if I thought I had a good chance to resell the game for close to $30 but if it is sealed with the book or has a Not for Resale printed on the back then i'll pass[/QUOTE]

That is what it looks like from what I see in the descriptions.

[quote name='GBAstar']Does GOT come individually sealed? I would bite on this if I thought I had a good chance to resell the game for close to $30 but if it is sealed with the book or has a Not for Resale printed on the back then i'll pass[/QUOTE]

Hey Man, I got the X360 Version a while back (I think on a Lightning Deal for around $40) and "Yes" it was sealed, although the plastic for which the book and game were wrapped in was (honestly) like tight bound Saran-Wrap (very delicate).

[quote name='abhinav']Man I've been eyeing up that art book for a while... someone convince me not to buy this.[/QUOTE]

I bought the game itself when it was a deal of the day at Best Buy for $19.99. I have yet to find any sort of online guide and there's nothing over at Gamefaqs written for this title.

If you want any kind of help on this game you'll have to pick up the official strategy guide. If you're trying to 100%/platinum the game add on $14.99 to purchase it from Amazon.

[quote name='abhinav']Man I've been eyeing up that art book for a while... someone convince me not to buy this.[/QUOTE]

Everything I've seen of the game look god awful. If you just want the artbook, I'd hit up eBay if I were you. I've seen some go for relatively cheap there.

I was just looking at eBay and thought I had a 'hit', however, (the Top Rated Seller and all); listed for $29.95 (Free Shipping), then I scrolled down a bit further and saw "DOES NOT COME WITH GAME". That was the lowest price tonight (I think on Thursday and through the weekend, however...or whenever Prime Eligible Customers get theirs', you will see them drop a little)...

But I do agree that everything I've seen re: the game is awful.

Screw it.. I got GoT with the Art Book. I've really been wanting the book for a long time. Cheapest I've seen it on Warehouse deals has been $35ish, and even then I was tempted. I'm a big fan of the show, so I'm sure I'll get some enjoyment out of the game as well.. I hope lol.

[quote name='barrit']Screw it.. I got GoT with the Art Book. I've really been wanting the book for a long time. Cheapest I've seen it on Warehouse deals has been $35ish, and even then I was tempted. I'm a big fan of the show, so I'm sure I'll get some enjoyment out of the game as well.. I hope lol.[/QUOTE]

I'm in the same boat. The book should be above average quality, but the game seems so....slow? Even when compared to Dragon Age Origins, GoT is even slower. Ah well, I bought it anyways. I love the show too much and I hear the story is well written.

[quote name='GaMeR_2007']Shipping kills it for Syndicate.[/QUOTE]

Yep, could have been an ok deal for $15, not for $20.

My prime just ran out, not planning to sign up as I've bought less stuff from amazon lately.

wait can you only buy one copy per deal? I wanna play coop with my friend for syndicate but if not then i won't buy just one

[quote name='Kidd Mischief']Super Saver Shipping is an option.[/QUOTE]
I thought it should be because I remembered from BF, but it wasn't an option for me for some reason. So I'm chatting with a rep now.

[quote name='TheHelix']I already have Syndicate but I think it should've been $10. Gotta stay competitive Amazon![/QUOTE]

I jumped on Syndicate when there was the $10 deal w/ free shipping from the MS Store :)

[quote name='V4oLDbOY']Yep, could have been an ok deal for $15, not for $20.

My prime just ran out, not planning to sign up as I've bought less stuff from amazon lately.[/QUOTE]
Exactly.

And I'm not spending all that on prime when I don't even order from amazon enough for it to be worth it.

[quote name='Esphyrian']Syndicate is tempting at $15, but I'm gonna hold off. I really should dip into my huge backlog.[/QUOTE]

I was thinking the same thing.

[quote name='TaylorM06']I jumped on Syndicate when there was the $10 deal w/ free shipping from the MS Store :)[/QUOTE]

I would've done that but I'm mainly a PS3 gamer but thanks anyways. I settled for a $10 copy from Gamefly.

I'm wondering what nba 2k12 is gonna be.

By the way, depending on which version of syndicate you get, isn't syndicate free shipping? Amazon used to base the free shipping on the regular price, not the lightning deal price. >$25.

[quote name='confoosious']I'm wondering what nba 2k12 is gonna be.

By the way, depending on which version of syndicate you get, isn't syndicate free shipping? Amazon used to base the free shipping on the regular price, not the lightning deal price. >$25.[/QUOTE]

Just tried it out, and nope. Tells me to add another $10.01 for free shipping. I think I'll just rent this at BBuster at some point, unless I can find it for $10. Not like I could get to it any time soon anyway.

Seems like there's low interest in this. Only 18% claimed. I think the Resistance deal was better even.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back