Amazon Warehouse Deals Thread X

Oh so you're one of those people in the south who can't drive in a dusting of snow that I keep seeing on TV. ;)
No, we are one of those people that are ill prepared to handle a dusting regardless of how much time we are given and shutdown everything. I thought I give it a shot despite my knowing it would be unwise and I was correct. I was trying to help a fellow associate who has been stuck at work for over 12 hours but sadly that went no where. Problem isn't the snow, the problem is the 0.5 inches of ice on the roads.

Hey Brash, this is the other link like the one with the ps4 that you already have and will show any and all consoles on AWD side:

xb1 Console.
<3

I prefer this link because it doesn't have a large photo of an expensive gaming console on it. That way it isn't as obvious to my girlfriend that I'm planning on blowing more money than I should on something I don't really need.

No, we are one of those people that are ill prepared to handle a dusting regardless of how much time we are given and shutdown everything. I thought I give it a shot despite my knowing it would be unwise and I was correct. I was trying to help a fellow associate who has been stuck at work for over 12 hours but sadly that went no where. Problem isn't the snow, the problem is the 0.5 inches of ice on the roads.
Are you in NC? Walking home from class today there were people spinning their tires and sliding into telephone poles! Bad day for NC'ers (not to mention the game being cancelled :cry: )

Are you in NC? Walking home from class today there were people spinning their tires and sliding into telephone poles! Bad day for NC'ers (not to mention the game being cancelled :cry: )
Yes I am, Raleigh to be exact. I don't live too far from NC State campus and it was ugly site for anyone commuting or trying to commute including myself. Luckily no major accidents or wrecks besides sliding off the roads and such.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes I am, Raleigh to be exact. I don't live too far from NC State campus and it was ugly site for anyone commuting or trying to commute including myself. Luckily no major accidents or wrecks besides sliding off the roads and such.
Ah cool! I go to Chapel Hill- I hope it doesn't do too much tomorrow my 2K14 was out for delivery this morning but didn't get here before the snow started

Why is F1 2013, so expensive?

Was it understocked or something?
The F1 games the last few years have stayed pretty high in general. The sport isn't real popular in NA so I imagine it doesn't sell great here and most of their sales are in EU. Neither GS or BBY even list it on their websites it looks like and Amazon only has third parties selling it and it's over MSRP. So I would have to conclude that we did indeed get an incredibly small run here.

The F1 games the last few years have stayed pretty high in general. The sport isn't real popular in NA so I imagine it doesn't sell great here and most of their sales are in EU. Neither GS or BBY even list it on their websites it looks like and Amazon only has third parties selling it and it's over MSRP. So I would have to conclude that we did indeed get an incredibly small run here.
I got F1 2012 for about $10 last month. You have to look carefully to get a decent deal out of the game.

I got F1 2012 for about $10 last month. You have to look carefully to get a decent deal out of the game.
Yeah, it's gone down now but it wouldn't budge under $30 until very recently. I kept wanting to pick it up but it just never went low enough. 2013 though seems like it might be a whole different ball game. Not many current gen games that GS doesn't even have used listings for.

Just snagged a "Very Good" PS4 for 277.19... I was in such a rush I didn't even read the full description. Didn't see anything that sounded bad in the visible part of the description, though... fingers crossed!

Bought for 277. I cancelled my old 296 order so one should be popping up any moment now. That one was estimated for the 20th, so figure might as well save the 20 bucks.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/offer-listing/B00BGA9WK2/ref=sr_1_1_olp?ie=UTF8&qid=1392278643&sr=8-1&keywords=ps4&condition=used

Very Good PS4 - $277

"Fully playable game is included; downloadable content (DLC) or codes for online play may require additional purchase. Item has been tested to be fully functional. Item is in original packaging, but packaging has damage. All accessories are present and undamaged."
So that description means it's not a dinger most likely?

Well if they're a return because of damage in transit that's the very definition of a dinger.
And if they're returns because people claimed the systems didn't work, hence the testing...? That's the only part of the description that bugs me--if it was just damaged packaging, that's all that would be mentioned.

So that description means it's not a dinger most likely?

That's how I interpreted it. They're most likely returns.

Why would they test a dinger? :???:
I bit and took one from my own link. I was thinking about holding out but this is a good enough value (wanted my PS4 to be sub $297 to $300). I can get my money back anyway.

I usually hone in on the keywords: "damaged packaging". As Vigilante said, if it's tested though, it's a trade in or return. But I think sometimes the descriptions are generic enough that they can just be dingers anyways ::shrug::

And if they're returns because people claimed the systems didn't work, hence the testing...?
It's a $400 item, if I'm Amazon and I can't sell it new I'm sure as hell opening it up and testing it. It could go either way but I personally am leaning towards at least some of them being dingers.

I really regret buying a PS4 at launch....I was just about to buy a very good one but had to stop myself since I have maybe played 2 hours on the PS4 i bought at launch....Xbox one as well....I think these systems would have been a lot more exciting if I had to stalk one on AWD=/

I bit and took one from my own link. I was thinking about holding out but this is a good enough value (wanted my PS4 to be sub $297 to $300). I can get my money back anyway.

I usually hone in on the keywords: "damaged packaging". As Vigilante said, if it's tested though, it's a trade in or return. But I think sometimes the descriptions are generic enough that they can just be dingers anyways ::shrug::
It's a $400 item, if I'm Amazon and I can't sell it new I'm sure as hell opening it up and testing it. It could go either way but I personally am leaning towards at least some of them being dingers.
What the heck, I bit on one, too. Here's hoping it's a dinger... :pray:

And poof they are gone.

I agree r00kie.  Both systems have underwhelming gaming libraries in my opinion.  For AWD prices they are good deals and worth buying though.

I really regret buying a PS4 at launch....I was just about to buy a very good one but had to stop myself since I have maybe played 2 hours on the PS4 i bought at launch....Xbox one as well....I think these systems would have been a lot more exciting if I had to stalk one on AWD=/
I don't regret it from the standpoint of I'm happy to have gotten it while I had the credit on hand. On the other hand I could have saved $100 and wouldn't have been grinding out 600-800 Injustice matches.

That being said I bought 12 dozen of the PS4s! :whee:

The descriptions can get pretty generic too. I noticed it said "fully playable game is included" which we know obviously is not included since it isn't part of a bundle anyway.
Yeah, but I'm pretty sure that part is on anything--including consoles--that isn't in Acceptable condition.

I suppose it's possible that they've had so many PS4 returns that it was just easier to put the same description for the lot of them, so hopefully a dinger or two or three were lumped in with them.

bread's done
Back