Amazon Warehouse Deals Thread X

I'm sorry :(

But, there's a lot out there for everyone if you decide to broaden your horizon.
Oh don't get me wrong, I love my 360/PS3 and have played tons of great games on them. I definitely plan to get an X1 and PS4 (for the right price of course) eventually, I just want to focus on a Wii U since a lot of my friends are Nintendo nerds and we're super stoked for Smash Bros. I'll prolly get an X1 for Halo and a PS4 whenever I see one cheap lol. Nintendo games always give me that 'fun' feeling too if I just want to mindlessly stomp some mushroom heads.

Jeez the ps4 is still sold out everywhere? I need one for Thief. Does awd list them every day or rare?
I would say it's been a couple times a week so far. Sometimes they just have one and occasionally they have a few. The other day they have some for like $270 that were available for a good bit.

I would say it's been a couple times a week so far. Sometimes they just have one and occasionally they have a few. The other day they have some for like $270 that were available for a good bit.
Wow i had to decide tonight it is time to get one lol

I will have to constantly check now when do they usually stock around now or in the day?

Last edited by a moderator:
ALBW LN $28.32

Damaged packaging on an LN so it's a dinger, may even wind up being one of those factory sealed ones.

Well if you get a DOA you're going to know it and will get a refund. There's also a Square Trade warranty you can buy for open box stuff if it helps you sleep better.
If it was cheaper a item i would buy it but tieing up 400+ on a dud is not fun even with easy returns. I read most issues are from amazon stock.

If it was cheaper a item i would buy it but tieing up 400+ on a dud is not fun even with easy returns. I read most issues are from amazon stock.
first off, fail rate was no where near 25%, that is just bs. 2nd thing, the launch was nearly 3 months ago, id say you are pretty safe that people that spent 400 on a system didnt wait until now to return them, those refurbished units probably where returned and sold within a few weeks of release.

first off, fail rate was no where near 25%, that is just bs. 2nd thing, the launch was nearly 3 months ago, id say you are pretty safe that people that spent 400 on a system didnt wait until now to return them, those refurbished units probably where returned and sold within a few weeks of release.
1st off said reviews on amazon was 25% was doa stop trolling.

p.s. how do i ignore people on here?

Edit: figured it out. I will wait for next hardware version.. I hate buying stuff that might break hours or months later but ty all but richard the angry caqger.

While you are right that fail rate isn't that high, the fail rate on Amazon's reviews is quite large(verified purchasers as well, unlike the trolls on the xbox one page). The thought is that amazon massively fucked up a few pallets of ps4s

Well you can't judge a system fail rate based on a vocal minority that take the time to complain that their $400 purchase didn't work. That Amazon had such a disparity in faulty units to other retailers says to me that those units were likely almost all from a similar range of serial numbers. It's rather common with electronics that if there's faulty assembly or a batch of bad parts that creates a statistical anomaly that they were all assembled at the same time from the same batch of bad parts of flawed process. Then it was just luck of the draw that batch ended up at Amazon who probably received as many PS4s as anyone.

There were reports that Microsoft paid people to write bad reviews too, add that to MS fan boys who left negative feedback and that makes up most of the complaints.

There were reports that Microsoft paid people to write bad reviews too, add that to MS fan boys who left negative feedback and that makes up most of the complaints.
Well Microsoft paid them to buy a PS4 on amazon then? Anyone can leave a review, but to get the verified purchase tag you have to actually buy the item you're reviewing from amazon

[quote name="NightCat" post="11529039" timestamp="1392455905"]1st off said reviews on amazon was 25% was doa stop trolling.

Edit: figured it out. I will wait for next hardware version.. I hate buying stuff that might break hours or months later but ty all but richard the angry caqger.[/quote]I bought a PS4 brand new from amazon and it was fine. I didn't leave a review. I'm sure there are tons of others like me. If it was a DOA I probably would have left a review. Skewed numbers man. Resold it anyway.

I bought a PS4 brand new from amazon and it was fine. I didn't leave a review. I'm sure there are tons of others like me. If it was a DOA I probably would have left a review. Skewed numbers man. Resold it anyway.
not saying there aren't people who don't leave reviews all the time but I highly doubt the fail rate due to amazons bungle would be any higher or lower.

also you kinda don't even prove a point as if there are so called tons of people like you then there could be 25% of those people who didn't check their systems that are broke as well.

I'm not saying that there's a 1 in 4 chance that you'll end up with a broken one now though or anything. just that it seems more than plausible at that time that it did happen for a brief period between, malfunctions, storage and shipping damage.

http://www.amazon.com/Mario-Olympic-Winter-Remote-nintendo-u/dp/B00FFHEZTA/ref=sr_1_27?m=A2L77EE7U53NWQ&s=merchant&ie=UTF8&qid=1392473057&sr=1-27 winter olympics remote 34.xx vg 1 left in stock. lol might as well just wait for it to go up 38 cents or something xD

not saying there aren't people who don't leave reviews all the time but I highly doubt the fail rate due to amazons bungle would be any higher or lower.

also you kinda don't even prove a point as if there are so called tons of people like you then there could be 25% of those people who didn't check their systems that are broke as well.

http://www.amazon.com/Mario-Olympic-Winter-Remote-nintendo-u/dp/B00FFHEZTA/ref=sr_1_27?m=A2L77EE7U53NWQ&s=merchant&ie=UTF8&qid=1392473057&sr=1-27 winter olympics remote 34.xx vg 1 left in stock. lol might as well just wait for it to go up 38 cents or something xD
I've purchased 6 PS4's from Amazon and they all worked fine. 2 Day One XB1's. One had the death drive, the other was fine.

I'm pretty sure Eld's right and that there was a production issue with some early units, which is why the Blue Light issue was prevalent (in terms if reviews and media, the actual fail rate appears to have been pretty low) around launch but doesn't come up now.

If you look at the reviews chronologically there aren't many recent reviews that complaint about DOA PS4's. The loud XB1 drive issue has also tapered off.

Well, even IGN had faulty units, in the PS4 case was the hdmi handshake, which is easily solved. In the other hand, the Xbox One they has was busted. It's hard to produce so much units in a short timeframe and expect all of them to not have problems.

the sweat'n is finally over

the PS4 i ordered on wednesday finally shipped, and i'm a prime member haha but i won't bitch cause i got a great trade in value for my old PS3 which paid for over half of the PS4 B^)

time to get killzone with my $25 credit

So you believe one in every 4 units sold on Amazon were DOA? Do you really believe that or are you just arguing for argument's sake? I don't know what point you thought I was trying to make, but what I was saying was I'm pretty sure there are plenty of people that have purchased and were HAPPY with their PS4's from amazon and didn't bother writing a review. If we all did, then that 25% you are throwing around would be lower. I mean think about when they have stock in, maybe 1000 at a time. 250 of them were bad? We'd be seeing a lot more neg reviews wouldn't we?

This place lately, right?  It's hardly scientific presenting Amazon feedback (or even refuting feedback) left on Xbox Ones or PS4s.  Official reports won't be accurate probably either, so... create a thread about it instead off of here if you would want to keep the uhhhhh debate going?  

I've purchased 6 PS4's from Amazon and they all worked fine. 2 Day One XB1's. One had the death drive, the other was fine.

I'm pretty sure Eld's right and that there was a production issue with some early units, which is why the Blue Light issue was prevalent (in terms if reviews and media, the actual fail rate appears to have been pretty low) around launch but doesn't come up now.

If you look at the reviews chronologically there aren't many recent reviews that complaint about DOA PS4's. The loud XB1 drive issue has also tapered off.
6 ps4s? seriously?

Amazon just sent me a code to buy a copy from them of a CoD: Ghosts for 39.99. It's $20 dollars in savings. Kind of weird, but hey. Anybody else get it for their purchase of an X1 or PS4?

That is the weird thing, I bought it from AWD. So I guess I was randomly sent the email? I have no interest in CoD, in any case.

I got a 3 emails from amazon all at once as well.  One was $20 off COD for X on and the same thing for the PS4 as well. I have never bought a copy of COD off amazon before.  I also got a email that Watchdogs Collector Edition is back in stock for the X one and PS4.

I've never played much COD but got the same email, but it's stupid as the current price of the Xbox One edition is not 59.99.  So, phantom savings, 7, not 20.

I got my VG PS4 today, and I'm pretty sure it wasn't opened by anyone other than Amazon (to make sure everything was included) because nearly every item in the box is still in that plasticky/cellophane wrapping, the Quick Guide and safety manual are still sealed, and the PSN codes work (well, the $10 one, at least :razz:).

Is it possible to get the warranty for this system since it looks brand-new, or does the fact that I technically bought it in "used" condition interfere with that?

Edit: figured it out. I will wait for next hardware version.. I hate buying stuff that might break hours or months later but ty all but richard the angry caqger.

I'm not saying that there's a 1 in 4 chance that you'll end up with a broken one now though or anything. just that it seems more than plausible at that time that it did happen for a brief period between, malfunctions, storage and shipping damage.

Bunch of lying Xbots on these forums. What's the matter? Upset that the Ouya is gonna beat the Xbone so you gotta make up lies about the best console ever to release to make yourselves feel better? Don't worry, it'll all be over soon. The Xbone is Microsoft's last console.

Got my 275 PS4 today....and its' a brick. Powers on for a split second and then dies. Joy.

On the plus side the 10 dollar voucher was unused, I guess. Now for the fun times.

Bunch of lying Xbots on these forums. What's the matter? Upset that the Ouya is gonna beat the Xbone so you gotta make up lies about the best console ever to release to make yourselves feel better? Don't worry, it'll all be over soon. The Xbone is Microsoft's last console.
Ouya already failed. It's dead.

I got my VG PS4 today, and I'm pretty sure it wasn't opened by anyone other than Amazon (to make sure everything was included) because nearly every item in the box is still in that plasticky/cellophane wrapping, the Quick Guide and safety manual are still sealed, and the PSN codes work (well, the $10 one, at least :razz:).

Is it possible to get the warranty for this system since it looks brand-new, or does the fact that I technically bought it in "used" condition interfere with that?
Sony seems to require the original receipt. I'm guessing the AWD "used - very good" receipt will fly. Not sure though.

Edit: If you wanted to buy a SquareTrade warranty, here's the AWD warranty: http://www.amazon.com/SquareTrade-One-Year-Open-Box-Electronics-Extended/dp/B002QCGLHQ/ref=cm_cr_pr_product_top

Sony seems to require the original receipt. I'm guessing the AWD "used - very good" receipt will fly. Not sure though.

Edit: If you wanted to buy a SquareTrade warranty, here's the AWD warranty: http://www.amazon.com/SquareTrade-One-Year-Open-Box-Electronics-Extended/dp/B002QCGLHQ/ref=cm_cr_pr_product_top
It'd be cheaper/the same price to get it straight through Square Trade and the warranty would be 3 years instead of 1.

Also, one of those :360: LN Madden 25s popped back up for $20.

I'll bite.

The first batch of X1's had some disc drive issues. It was literally right out of the gate - You turn on your X1 and it won't read any discs period.

Looking at the forums as of recent there were people with issues regarding Wireless Controllers cutting out and crashes to home. Wireless cutouts being the current biggest issue.

Outside of that issues seem to be lacking features

- There was no 5.1 Surrond Sound update or 3D Blu-Ray update for the X1 of yet, may come in March, may not.

- It's $100 more then the PS4 and doesn't have as good graphics as the PS4/processing power. No matter how much MS changes things via updates multiplatform titles will most likely look better on the PS4.

As far as sales go - It's doing better then the Wii U sales trending wise, but we don't know much behind it will be compared to the PS4. I seriously doubt the Ouya has sold near the 3.5 million that MS has supposedly sold.

I'm pretty happy with my X1. If you want the exclusive games the X1 will offer and aren't nit picky over multiplatform performance then I'd suggest picking up a X1. If you want the best multiplatform console performance (pending Nintendo's next system, but that can be years down the road) AND want Sony exclusives then the PS4 is the way to go. I'd imagine PS4 multi platform titles will look damn close to high end PC games probably for another year, after that the PC master race will reign supreme. As they always do.

bread's done
Back