Amazon Warehouse Deals Thread X

Last edited by a moderator:
My NFS VG PS4 will be here Monday. If it works perfectly, I'll be very happy. If there is a problem then I will just have Sony fix it since it should be under Warranty still.

I think the warehouse is playing games with me. There's a killzone shadow fall listed for $23.xx, but when I click into the listing, it shows that it's $29.xx...

[quote name="iiSaviour" post="11583554" timestamp="1394033332"]My NFS VG PS4 will be here Monday. If it works perfectly, I'll be very happy. If there is a problem then I will just have Sony fix it since it should be under Warranty still.[/quote]

Everytime I read "NFS", I think it's "Need for Speed" and keep wondering if there's a special ps4 bundle that I didn't know about.

Thanks. I guess I will have to start checking three every now & then.

Wow, & no wonder the games never come crushed. Yuma is right next to me lol.
check namco bandais store as well. they've sales numerous times over the past couple months. cheapest I saw on awd was like last week for 27-28 for an acceptable. Hasting shipping sucks when bought from their online store so I wouldn't rec them. They have great shipping on ebay and amazon but when it comes to their own website its craptastic. While I'm happy I got a new vesperia from them for 10$ the case was smashed and I'm lucky nothing happened to the disc because they use those terrible mailers yet charged like 4 or 5 bucks to ship it :/ For that price my game should of arrived on a fucking cloud.

They lowered the shipping back down to 2 something now.

Everytime I read "NFS", I think it's "Need for Speed" and keep wondering if there's a special ps4 bundle that I didn't know about.
Haha. So have I! And I ordered one of the damn Not For Sale consoles. I was starting to think I missed out on some super Need For Speed deal or something.

THanks for clearing that up for me.

My AWD VG PS4 just arrived (ordered before the NFS bonanza). Packaging looks like a dog went at it, DS4 is greasy, and the $10/PS+ codes are used. Guess a dinger was too much to hope for.

I'm guessing its working since the DS4 has been used so obviously, but I won't know til I get home tonight. Wish a GS nearby had stock. I'd flip it back for a new one with the 50% promo.

:whistle2:(

My friend's NFS PS4 just arrived. It powers on for 5 seconds; fan kicks in, beeps, light blue appears on PS4, then powers off. Any ideas?
Most likely just needs the elbow dropped on it. Try getting on a chair and then applying a stiff flying elbow drop to the heart of the console. This has usually worked for me in the past.

my LN Do Not Purchase PS4 came in... box seal was broken but everything was there and no finger prints (still had the plastic on the controller!)  the $10 credit code worked and it powered up (no internet here but was able to update firmware on COD Ghosts disc) looks like a winner.

I called sony and told them I wanted to buy the extra warranty but did not have my receipt. they got the serial # and confirmed that I was the only one that registered the system and sold me a 2 year warranty for $50. He said also that no receipt would be needed and i got his name and confirmation email.

so... for a savings of 120 i got a pretty much new PS4 and 2 extra year warranty (i'm covered till 2017!)

Thank you CAG. seriously, thank you.

My NFS Xbox One just arrived. Looks like a return. The accessories were all still sealed, the kinect was never taken out of the plastic wrap, but the console itself didn't have the foam wrap around it. Hooked it all up and it's updating as we speak.

Ok so all of these DOA PS4's validate the theory that the backdoor link is for the pool of PS4 returns versus the normal AWD PS4's which have a high success rate. I can only recall one incident when a cag complained about missing the controller from a normal AWD purchase.

The majority of Prime buyers will be getting theirs today so this observation may be more skewed by the negative experiences thus far but it seems likely that a lot of the "Not for sale" purchases are destined for returns to AWD. It seems odd that Amazon would still have these on hand when you'd think they would have just shipped them over to Sony. I don't think the warranty claim is going to work. Somebody mentioned that you'll need to provide the proof of original purchase alongside the DOA PS4. This sucks because I try to avoid returning anything to Amazon.

I'm hoping for the best since I was lucky enough to place a single order without having to deal with any cancellation. It actually shipped yesterday and is scheduled to arrive next Monday but I've now lowered my expectations to receiving a BLOD.

Ok so all of these DOA PS4's validate the theory that the backdoor link is for the pool of PS4 returns versus the normal AWD PS4's which have a high success rate. I can only recall one incident when a cag complained about missing the controller from a normal AWD purchase.

The majority of Prime buyers will be getting theirs today so this observation may be more skewed by the negative experiences thus far but it seems likely that a lot of the "Not for sale" purchases are destined for returns to AWD. It seems odd that Amazon would still have these on hand when you'd think they would have just shipped them over to Sony. I don't think the warranty claim is going to work. Somebody mentioned that you'll need to provide the proof of original purchase alongside the DOA PS4. This sucks because I try to avoid returning anything to Amazon.

I'm hoping for the best since I was lucky enough to place a single order without having to deal with any cancellation that actually shipped yesterday and is scheduled to arrive next Monday but I've now lowered my expectations to receiving a BLOD.
Not a single soul here has been shot down for lack of a receipt. Chances are probably 99.9 that they will repair it for free on their dime.

I see NFS and I'm like Need For Speed PS4s?  When did that bundle happen?  Then I remembered the Not For Sale PS4 orders.  I'll just be over here playing with my joystick. :joystick:

Call sony and they will fix it. Still coming out way ahead.
They won't fix it! He's on with support now....they need proof of the "original purchaser" and that it was bought new!! :(

"Sony Computer Entertainment America LLC ("SCEA") warrants to the original purchaser that the PS4™ hardware, which includes components contained in the retail box with this hardware (“Product”) will be free from material defects in material and workmanship for a period of one year from the original date of purchase (the "Warranty Period")."

Not a single soul here has been shot down for lack of a receipt. Chances are probably 99.9 that they will repair it for free on their dime.
Sony's official policy is to require a receipt for proof of a new purchase. Somebody said you also send it in separately which may be when they send it out in their coffin.

Your point may be a YMMV thing.

My NFS PS4 LN came and it's BLOD sucks. Controller and the charging cables as still wrapped so obviously it's a return. You would think amazon would've checked these and returned them to sony.

I also was able to pick up a VG Not-For-Sale PS4. It just arrived today; plastic wrap on the controller and all accessories were still wrap and the system looks brand new. The promo $10 code was also unused. So far, it hasn't turn off by itself so I am going through the process of . The downside is that I do not have a Blu-Ray disc or a PS4 game lying around to test out if it can run discs. I'm updating it and will be testing out some digital download games I picked up.

My NFS PS4 LN came and it's BLOD sucks. Controller and the charging cables as still wrapped so obviously it's a return. You would think amazon would've checked these and returned them to sony.
LOL sorry but no, adherent risks for purchasing a system that was not for sale. Maybe they just never got to that step, who knows. You would have every right to complain if it was legitimately listed on AWD though. I'm sure they'll help you in the return process though. Good luck

[quote name="aznguyen316" post="11583956" timestamp="1394042588"]LOL sorry but no, adherent risks for purchasing a system that should not be for sale.[/quote]
no risk I can always return it for free to amazon

They finally cancelled a couple of the cheap games I got during the last big re-stock. Still happy with the ones I got but disappointed that I won't be getting all of them, especially when I saw at least one of these relisted at a higher price after my purchase :(

Here's one. I just got my PS4 in. It boots up fine, but it started in safe mode. I'm thinking uh oh. I put a bluray movie in and it just keeps trying to load it. It won't let me close the bluray application. If I do the system updates, could this bluray drive actually work? Or is this just a broken bluray drive. Any advice would help.

Here's one. I just got my PS4 in. It boots up fine, but it started in safe mode. I'm thinking uh oh. I put a bluray movie in and it just keeps trying to load it. It won't let me close the bluray application. If I do the system updates, could this bluray drive actually work? Or is this just a broken bluray drive. Any advice would help.
You need to update the system first, so it can read bluray movies.

Don't worry my original AWD PS4 started up in safe mode and it worked just fine after updating.
Sweet. The update worked and now it's playing blurays fine. The only thing on this ps4 is a "User 1" profile and I can see that Call of Duty Ghosts was the only thing played. Maybe I got lucky and the previous owner is someone like me who thinks Ghosts is the worst COD game since COD 3. So maybe thats why they returned the console? A guy can dream.

The previous owner is different than me in one regard. I think he liked eating fried chicken while gaming because the controller and the console are extremely greasy. Shit, I should have washed my hands before I starting typing this post on my keyboard! Now I need to wipe off this thing too.

I think I need to go trade this in to GS regardless. You guys on this thread have scared the shit out of me. The ps4 stock locator on GS.com doesn't show any consoles in stock. I might go trade it in for a Titanfall bundle and just try to enjoy my multiplatform games in 720p and/or 30 FPS with an Xbox One. :whistle2:k

I think you guys might be missing the point. If your ps4 is getting the BLOD, it's most likely never been registered before - how could it have been? That's the case with mine as they looked it up and it wasn't registered which makes me the original purchaser. I even mentioned on the call that my ps4 may have been "open box". I'm not too worried about it, I'm sending it in for repair.

Sweet. The update worked and now it's playing blurays fine. The only thing on this ps4 is a "User 1" profile and I can see that Call of Duty Ghosts was the only thing played. Maybe I got lucky and the previous owner is someone like me who thinks Ghosts is the worst COD game since COD 3. So maybe thats why they returned the console? A guy can dream.
Call Sony, try to see if you can buy the extended warranty. Buying the Titanfall bundle after trading in your PS4 is a $103.xx + tax money out of pocket. Not a good investment, in my opinion.

Got my NFS PS4 today and it's a little bit of a disaster.  And by that I mean there's quite a few little pieces of itself shaking around inside the console (or someone put a bunch of little pieces of plastic in there for fun).  It's also surprisingly dirty and all the codes were used.  Back to Amazon it goes (I imagine Sony isn't interested in physical breakage and no way I'm going to trade it in to gamestop)!

I called sony and they are sending me a coffin to send back to them for repair free or charge. They guy didn't ask for a receipt but had to check the serial number. He said the process takes about 7-10 days. And if GameStop has them in stock I might just swap in with them.

bread's done
Back