Amazon Warehouse Deals Thread X

Call Sony, try to see if you can buy the extended warranty. Buying the Titanfall bundle after trading in your PS4 is a $103.xx + tax money out of pocket. Not a good investment, in my opinion.
I agree. That is a good point about the extended warranty. I see someone here here mentioned it's only $50.

I have GS credit though, so at least I don't need to spend $103 out of pocket. I'd pay at least $48 for Titanfall at BB (and get a $10 certificate), so I guess like $38+tax. This sort of only makes the "upgrade" about sixty something bucks (depending on how you look at it). I don't know what to do. I plan on owning both consoles some day. I have just been trying to figure out which console I want to own exclusively for the next few years until I buy the other console.

Last edited by a moderator:
I think you guys might be missing the point. If your ps4 is getting the BLOD, it's most likely never been registered before - how could it have been? That's the case with mine as they looked it up and it wasn't registered which makes me the original purchaser. I even mentioned on the call that my ps4 may have been "open box". I'm not too worried about it, I'm sending it in for repair.
The AWD purchase receipt would indicate your purchase was used though. The question is when do they request the proof of purchase? If it's before getting a coffin, then I guess you are in the clear when you get to that point. Somebody said you send it alongside your DOA ps4 in your coffin.

That's if you mail the receipt. I'm debating if I should or not. Either way, it's not registered and the console is still under warranty. I was also offered the extended warranty which I also asked did I need to buy it now or could I do it after repair. The guy said I could wait to buy it. So, I'm assuming it's good. It hasn't been 12 months which is original mfg warranty so I'll just take my chances

Call Sony, try to see if you can buy the extended warranty. Buying the Titanfall bundle after trading in your PS4 is a $103.xx + tax money out of pocket. Not a good investment, in my opinion.
It is if you wanted an Xbone since you still paid sub $300 for the NFS console.

That's if you mail the receipt. I'm debating if I should or not. Either way, it's not registered and the console is still under warranty. I was also offered the extended warranty which I also asked did I need to buy it now or could I do it after repair. The guy said I could wait to buy it. So, I'm assuming it's good. It hasn't been 12 months which is original mfg warranty so I'll just take my chances
Depends if the instructions require you to mail it before it's to be repaired?

Update on my Xbox One. It finished updating and it was definitely a return. It had the previous owners info and gamer tag still on it. I did a factory reset .I tried a blu-ray and it played fine. I put in a game and it won't read

Is the BLoD a malfunction that can occur at any moment like the YloD/RRoD or just a launch malfunction?
It can but is more likely on boot up.

The blue light simply means it isn't parsing data through the HDMI. This can be caused by a HDD failure or loose connection, PSU issues headed to internal components, bad HDMI port or other internal issues.

If it boots to safe mode then you may be able to fix it yourself.

To enter safe mode, hold power button on console for 7 seconds until you hear a second beep (if you hold it for 14 seconds it is not the second beep you are looking for as it just shuts the system off). Once you hear the second beep it will ask you to plug in controller in USB port. From there you can reload system software

Here's the official link from Sony to fix it yourself

community.us.playstation.com/t5/PlayStation-4-Support/INFO-Blinking-Blue-Light-PS4-Issues/td-p/42154071

Someone should have listed BROKE ASS PS4 instead of NOT FOR SALE.
I'll take a broke PS4 that Sony fixes on their dime for $254.xx like I did. I mean for saving $143 I have to wait 7-10 days to play it, I'm happy

And to john below me, CS for Sony is open til 10pm PST (I think its PST or GMT). Still open later than you need

damn UPS sucks here - they show up around 7PM usually...so its just a waiting game.

I need to go ahead and call Sony to get both of the consoles sent in :)

It is if you wanted an Xbone since you still paid sub $300 for the NFS console.
I see your point. But it depends if that is the console of your choice/plan on owning the two. I bought a PS4 at launch, and I have gotten what I paid for it in the time I have invested in it. I recently got a cheap AWD Xbox One, and sadly, beside playing a DR3 demo, I haven't used it as much, although that will change when Titanfall hits. I advise anyone to carefully look at the exclusives and evaluate their taste, so they can pick their console of choice accordingly. This factors in game types, game resolutions, multiplayer platform of choice, etc. Or get both.

I see your point. But it depends if that is the console of your choice/plan on owning the two. I bought a PS4 at launch, and I have gotten what I paid for it in the time I have invested in it. I recently got a cheap AWD Xbox One, and sadly, beside playing a DR3 demo, I haven't used it as much, although that will change when Titanfall hits. I advise anyone to carefully look at the exclusives and evaluate their taste, so they can pick their console of choice accordingly. This factors in game types, game resolutions, multiplayer platform of choice, etc. Or get both.
Time to start up the ps4 vs xbox one wars again!

Yeah I basically orgasmed by the soundtrack alone when I played it.
Completely agree. I still listen to some of those songs occasionally (Godsibb, Hepatica, Promised Pain, Fatal Fight, etc.). The boss fights in this game are probably some of my favorite of all time - particularly that final battle with Margulis.

Well, I guess it's my time to boast.  I got 2 PS3s from the NFS deal.  I put in two orders just in case and they both went through.  One was a "Mint" condition (Never seen that one on AWD) and it is mint.  All the tape is still on the plastic over the console, controllers, and manuals.  

The other was a "Like New" and it is acting like it is the first time it has been turned on.  Going through all the initial setup features, etc.  I have to go back to work, so I'll test it out with a game or Blu Ray later, but it's looking good so far.

Thanks again CAG (I don't remember the initial poster)

The Wii U is better than both X1 and PS4. Went. NUCLEAR.
And it has more confirmed 1080p games for 2014 than ps4 or xbox one. :D/

How about this... I trade in my working ps4 at Gamestop for a Wii U. I go to a different gamestop and return the Wii U, and then buy $400 worth of Amazon giftcards and buy a new PS4 on Amazon while they're in stock. Am I crazy for going through all of this? It seems like my ps4 works find, but it's greasy (I cleaned it though), it's a little scratched, and it's a little smelly. I'd kind of like to have the piece of mind of having a new console, but I don't want to get banned from trading at GS. I'm wondering if buying $400 worth of Amazon giftcards would set off any red flags.

Lol I actually bought $350 worth of amazon credit from GameStop. Took like 1 minute real time for the cards to activate xD. I don't think you'll be banned for a one time occasion.

Lol I actually bought $350 worth of amazon credit from GameStop. Took like 1 minute real time for the cards to activate xD. I don't think you'll be banned for a one time occasion.
That's pretty cool. How many cards did it take? I've never bought an Amazon giftcard at GS. Does it just print the codes on a GS receipt?

Sorry in advance for the off topic talk, but CAGs are an amazing wealth of information.

8 $50 cards. If you intend on $400 that is. And the codes are printed on the actual cards. The kind you have to scratch off with coins.

I funded most of my PC through Amazon gift cards from GameStop. If they give you even a peculiar glance, just say you decided on PC gaming instead of a next-gen console. Then you might be able to slip through without being pestered for any pre-orders too. Win-win!

8 $50 cards. If you intend on $400 that is. And the codes are printed on the actual cards. The kind you have to scratch off with coins.
Thanks. I appreciate the help.

I funded most of my PC through Amazon gift cards from GameStop. If they give you even a peculiar glance, just say you decided on PC gaming instead of a next-gen console. Then you might be able to slip through without being pestered for any pre-orders too. Win-win!
Thank you. Very good advice.

Sorry again to everyone for instigating all of the off topic talk. I'll try to post something AWD related:

The $1.86 Assassins Creed Brotherhood game I bought on AWD March 3rd still says "Not Yet Shipped" even though I ordered with Prime. It says "Delivery estimate We need a little more time to provide you with a good estimate. We'll notify you via e-mail as soon as we have an estimated delivery date."

This order is going to get cancelled isn't it?

My VG PS4 has shipped. Though it is weird, my estimated delivery jumped from Monday to tomorrow. Cannot complain.

I just got my NFSps4 and it looks new but the controller is missing....... Chatting with amazon now..

No, that isn't me.
surprised-gopher-o.gif

Update to the NFS PS4, so I got the unit with the missing controller.

I just finish chatting with amazon and at first the rep said I can only help me set up a free return. So I was very polite and ask if I can either get $60 credit to purchase a new one of if amazon can send me a controller one. Since I purchase a VG one and it said everything is included.

After a long wait she sent me a new one and I see it in my order now.. Thank you amazon.com

Also for now I plug in my ps4 and it boots up but I can go any further since I dont have a controller..

Wtf with shady amazon customers keeping the dualshock 4s to use on their old ps3s. Sorry to hear about this. Hopefully amazon gives you $60 credit .

What's going on here? Is it lost or something? My order of a Skylanders triple pack shipped from Plainfield, IN on March 2nd. Delivery estimate was March 4th, well the 4th past and no package. On AMZ, it still hasn't updated from being shipped and still has a deliver estimate for the 4th even though its the 5th. When I manually type in the tracking at UPS, all I get is this shipment was just created crap. I'm going to contact AMZ after UPS comes today with my other stuff just in case it shows up. It just seems really weird.

What's going on here? Is it lost or something? My order of a Skylanders triple pack shipped from Plainfield, IN on March 2nd. Delivery estimate was March 4th, well the 4th past and no package. On AMZ, it still hasn't updated from being shipped and still has a deliver estimate for the 4th even though its the 5th. When I manually type in the tracking at UPS, all I get is this shipment was just created crap. I'm going to contact AMZ after UPS comes today with my other stuff just in case it shows up. It just seems really weird.
Unless you're ordering directly from Amazon, I've found they rarely (if ever) update the shipping statuses correctly. Also, one day off isn't something to get upset about unless it was a guaranteed date...especially just after a huge winter storm rolled through.

Sounds like it never left the warehouse since that means UPS never scanned it if it's from a Prime seller.

Unless you're ordering directly from Amazon, I've found they rarely (if ever) update the shipping statuses correctly. Also, one day off isn't something to get upset about unless it was a guaranteed date...especially just after a huge winter storm rolled through.
It was a guaranteed delivery date
Sounds like it never left the warehouse since that means UPS never scanned it if it's from a Prime seller.
Never had this happen before. It is a AWD purchase btw. If it is due to a storm like the above then I understand. Just pisses me off when I make plans to be home so I can receive it and it doesn't show.

It was a guaranteed delivery dateNever had this happen before. It is a AWD purchase btw. If it is due to a storm like the above then I understand. Just pisses me off when I make plans to be home so I can receive it and it doesn't show.
Still weird that the tracking never updated at all. Had that with USPS and FedEx before but never experienced it with UPS.

Got my PS4 [VG] this afternoon.

Ran the system update and so far (knock on wood) the system works without any issues.  Tried a Bluray and it plays great.  System is surprisingly quiet. Connected it to the internet and it's downloading some PS+ games as I type this.

Only thing missing was the usb-micro usb cord, but I'll take that over a missing controller. 

One odd note: the controller came out smelling of cigarette residue  :D/ but the system itself was factory wrapped and looks/smells new and the pamphlets were all sealed.  Maybe the previous "owner" swapped the controller with a used one and snagged the usb cable in the process. 

Now I have to wait for some PS4 games to come in the mail so I can fully test the system.

Thanks again to QSilverTwo for posting the original link.  

bread's done
Back