Amazon Warehouse Deals Thread X

Is this just a little tease or will it be like Monday when I leave and it goes to cuckoo bananas town?

Last edited by a moderator:
Ugh, May 27th release date.

3 days before Mario Kart 8. 

Well at least it's a Ubisoft game so by the time I end up picking it up it'll be around $30.  :whistle2:

Probably explains the Wii U version delay, I don't blame them though. 

Wow that sucks. I'm assuming you aren't sending back to Sony now right?
I just got off the phone with amazon and they couldn't do anything other than offer me to return the item since they don't have anymore in stock. Pretty mad about the bad description they gave. Would it be better to contact Sony then and see if they can swap it?

I just got off the phone with amazon and they couldn't do anything other than offer me to return the item since they don't have anymore in stock. Pretty mad about the bad description they gave. Would it be better to contact Sony then and see if they can swap it?
Not to rip you a new one... but you bought a USED console. Like new does not mean new. I'm assuming the ps3 works? :-({|=

Not to rip you a new one... but you bought a USED console. Like new does not mean new. I'm assuming the ps3 works? :-({|=
Understandable. But when the description is "like new" and I receive something that has been used and scratched up (no plastic wrapping over console or controller), that does not merit by any means a "like new" item, good maybe, but not like new. I was worried because when this PS3 bundle came up there were 2, one for acceptable at $130 or like new at $169 and it appears that I somehow ended up with the "acceptable" console at the like new price.

I cracked and picked up Lightening. It says in stock after March 12th. Weird.
Probably going to get cancelled then. That's exactly what happened with my wii u. It gave me the option to order it with prime shipping, yet it said it wouldn't ship out until a week later. That made me very suspicious. Sure enough, 4 days later, they send me an e-mail saying they cancelled my order and recommended I buy it from another shipper.

The ps4 I bought has a really weird problem and I can't find any forums online of anyone who has the same problem except this one guy. http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/PlayStation-4-Support/PS4-HDMI-sometimes-doesn-t-show-on-boot-and-always-cuts-out-when/td-p/42589975

I haven't had the issues with the bluray movies this guy is talking about though. But I only watched one bluray and it worked fine.

Sometimes it boots up on the first try. Sometimes it takes a few tries to get it to boot up with a working video output to my TV. I don't think I have good enough luck (or bad enough morals) to trade it in to GS. I doubt a GS employee will get it to boot on the first try anyway. When it does boot up, everything works perfectly. I installed Killzone Shadowfall and played it a while. The console never shuts itself off or loses video once I get it booted properly. I'm really perplexed.

What do you guys think I should do? Return it to Amazon or send it to Sony for repairs? I'm leaning towards just beating the Killzone campaign this weekend and then sending the console back to amazon for my $254. At least that way I get something out of it. There aren't any PS4 games I'm absolutely dying to play (until Uncharted or the new Arkham game). I'm thinking I might wait a year or two and buy the inevitable Uncharted bundle I assume has to happen. If I send it away for repairs, I'm just wondering if I'm going to be facing a decade of nonstop problems with this console because the non-booting problem is so effing weird.

I checked the HDMI port and there isn't any little metal sticking up blocking the video output. I took out the HDD and made sure it was properly inserted. It does boot up about 50% of the time and runs perfectly and quietly once booted.

So should I send it to Amazon or send it to Sony? Or do you guys know of any one who has had this same problem? I'm guessing if I can only find one person on the Playstation forums with it, it must be weird. It also makes me wonder if the world is small enough that he sent his console back to Amazon and I bought it.

Edit: Forgot to mention I tried different HDMI cables, different HDMI ports on the TV, and different TVs and the problem persists with everything. I think the problem is with the HDMI output on the PS4 console.

Understandable. But when the description is "like new" and I receive something that has been used and scratched up (no plastic wrapping over console or controller), that does not merit by any means a "like new" item, good maybe, but not like new. I was worried because when this PS3 bundle came up there were 2, one for acceptable at $130 or like new at $169 and it appears that I somehow ended up with the "acceptable" console at the like new price.
They wouldn't accept it as a trade in at like new, like new is literal. As tempted as I am to get a PS4 on AWD, I know that there's a good chance it won't meet my standards.

Should have just told them your USB cable was missing and gotten the standard $62 USB cable credit.

Sony wouldn't replace a bad HDD if someone else swapped it. You would have to take that up with AWD as its a separate entity from AMZ

Has anyone who bought a PS3/PS4 from AWD actually gotten one in decent working condition? Seems like there are a lot of horror stories in this thread. 

Has anyone who bought a PS3/PS4 from AWD actually gotten one in decent working condition? Seems like there are a lot of horror stories in this thread.
Lots of folks got brand new PS4s for $230-250, it's the ones who ordered the NFS ones that are the last 50 pages of problems.

Lots of folks got brand new PS4s for $230-250, it's the ones who ordered the NFS ones that are the last 50 pages of problems.
So my backordered one is from the used PS4 page on amazon.com. I am assuming mine (if I ever get it) won't be a NFS one? I ask because I am not sure where a NFS one can be found on amazon.com versus a non-NFS one.

So my backordered one is from the used PS4 page on amazon.com. I am assuming mine (if I ever get it) won't be a NFS one? I ask because I am not sure where a NFS one can be found on amazon.com versus a non-NFS one.
If you don't know then don't worry about it. You bought one off AWD which should be a dinger, a trade or a perfectly fine return.

yeah the broken ps4s are ones they werent suppose to get.
I be fair, it seems like most of the people with problems are having no problems sending them straight back to Sony for repairs/replacement so they are still getting PS4s for $250ish but waiting a big longer.

Yes, I got a "Good" condition Uncharted bundle super-slim from warehouse deals, and the thing was mint. Works absolutely perfectly and even came with a controller and the game.

Mine works fine, but the DS4 was greasy and disgusting (no Clorox wipes at the Warehouse, I guess?) and the box was completely mangled. Looked like a dog chewed on it. It should have been repacked and sold as acceptable, not Very Good.

The ps4 I bought has a really weird problem and I can't find any forums online of anyone who has the same problem except this one guy. http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/PlayStation-4-Support/PS4-HDMI-sometimes-doesn-t-show-on-boot-and-always-cuts-out-when/td-p/42589975

I haven't had the issues with the bluray movies this guy is talking about though. But I only watched one bluray and it worked fine.

Sometimes it boots up on the first try. Sometimes it takes a few tries to get it to boot up with a working video output to my TV. I don't think I have good enough luck (or bad enough morals) to trade it in to GS. I doubt a GS employee will get it to boot on the first try anyway. When it does boot up, everything works perfectly. I installed Killzone Shadowfall and played it a while. The console never shuts itself off or loses video once I get it booted properly. I'm really perplexed.

What do you guys think I should do? Return it to Amazon or send it to Sony for repairs? I'm leaning towards just beating the Killzone campaign this weekend and then sending the console back to amazon for my $254. At least that way I get something out of it. There aren't any PS4 games I'm absolutely dying to play (until Uncharted or the new Arkham game). I'm thinking I might wait a year or two and buy the inevitable Uncharted bundle I assume has to happen. If I send it away for repairs, I'm just wondering if I'm going to be facing a decade of nonstop problems with this console because the non-booting problem is so effing weird.

I checked the HDMI port and there isn't any little metal sticking up blocking the video output. I took out the HDD and made sure it was properly inserted. It does boot up about 50% of the time and runs perfectly and quietly once booted.

So should I send it to Amazon or send it to Sony? Or do you guys know of any one who has had this same problem? I'm guessing if I can only find one person on the Playstation forums with it, it must be weird. It also makes me wonder if the world is small enough that he sent his console back to Amazon and I bought it.

Edit: Forgot to mention I tried different HDMI cables, different HDMI ports on the TV, and different TVs and the problem persists with everything. I think the problem is with the HDMI output on the PS4 console.
i would return it to sony, im pretty sure some of the hdmi ports were faulty

I don't see why anyone is so desperate for a PS4 at this stage, there are still no games to die for out, and were in month 4.
They're still pretty hard to find and a >25% discount on a console that is, as you put it, 4 months old is pretty sweet. Not to mention, we've got Ground Zeroes and Infamous coming this month.

It's new, shiny, and is still hard to find for most people. Pick your poison.
My poison is/was I know it's not going to drop to $237 anytime in the next 2 years so if I was planning to upgrade might as well strike while its cheap even if it is only used once in a while until a bigger library of games is built

My poison is/was I know it's not going to drop to $237 anytime in the next 2 years so if I was planning to upgrade might as well strike while its cheap even if it is only used once in a while until a bigger library of games is built
I just want that new console feeling again. The child gamer in me still gets goosebumps at the thought of that. Sure library stinks right now for both X1 and PS4 but hey, new and shiny! :D/

Sounds very similar to the issue my replacement at launch had except mine would never turn on if in standby or completely off for more then a few hours, I would have to turn it on two or three times. If I turned it off or put it in standby for like an hour it would startup no problem. I got it replaced by Amazon so I wasn't able to solve it but did have a similar issue.

I don't see why anyone is so desperate for a PS4 at this stage, there are still no games to die for out, and were in month 4.
$100+ below MSRP for a slightly used system (hopefully) sounds good to me. Since the system is $400 MSRP vs the X1's $500 MSRP and more powerful to boot? It's a win-win for the price. Though I've said the same thing: No games, plus It's bad since I already own a Wii U/X1 already.

Well, after reading a few comments regarding people's PS4's, I was definitely a bit nervous about mine (which finally came today after weather issues).

Needless to say, I believe it might be brand new. Everything is included (original box, all cables, manuals, etc. All still sealed as well. Codes worked). System works perfectly. Happy and surprised.  

EDIT - If anyone wants that 30 day Music Unlimited Pass for free, then PM me. 

Just reporting in.  I got my NFS PS4 today, BLOD.  Wouldn't boot into Safe mode either.  Didn't come with any codes.  Called Sony for them to service it.  I did get the feeling that someone shady was going on with the Amazon return though.  The serial on the box and the serial on the PS4 are different.  My guess is someone bought a PS4 from Amazon, and returned a BLOD in it's stead for full pop or something.

bread's done
Back