Amazon Warehouse Deals Thread X

No, I was being serious. It's what we've been speculating all along.

You forgot the part of the equation that involves the expensive limited edition/collectible item that they won't be able to replace.
I don't understand their shipping criteria

You should see how they shipped my babies diapers. I thought that I had ordered furniture when I saw it! Diaper box was all beat up from being thrown in a box that was like 10x its size with no padding or anything. Luckily I ordered no games that shipment because they threw everything in that box

I don't understand their shipping criteria

You should see how they shipped my babies diapers. I thought that I had ordered furniture when I saw it! Diaper box was all beat up from being thrown in a box that was like 10x its size with no padding or anything. Luckily I ordered no games that shipment because they threw everything in that box
That's what happened with my second Stick of Truth CE. Put it in the same size box that they used dozens of those air pillows with the first time, this time they used three...

That's what happened with my second Stick of Truth CE. Put it in the same size box that they used dozens of those air pillows with the first time, this time they used three...
That sucks

You should complain and ask for a $20 credit for each air pillow that was missing ;)

On a better note, they did okay with my kinect tv mount I ordered

Also, where is the restock at? I have credit that must be used before my hubby gets ideas

well, you can always order it from gamestop, if you want it that badly
I don't have GS credit and I haven't had any better luck with them and CEs.

No, I didn't: 1 (lazy Amazon employee) + 1 (item sold on Amazon.com) = bubble mailer

;)
The worst part is that it's not even the people packing it's fault if I had to wager. They have to follow whatever the guidelines are and meet their quotas so it's not their job to think about it and know every item. Probably would wind up in trouble if they properly packed all these CEs.

Last edited by a moderator:

The worst part is that it's not even the people packing it's fault if I had to wager. They have to follow whatever the guidelines are and meet their quotas so it's not their job to think about it and know every item. Probably would wind up in trouble if they properly packed all these CEs.
don't gamestop.com accept paypal?

i heard about those stories last year, of amazon employees have to meet certain quota in a day, or they will be let go. They do not even get enough time for lunch breaks.

don't gamestop.com accept paypal?
So does BBY and if I was going to spend real money on it I would have done so there.

i heard about those stories last year, of amazon employees have to meet certain quota in a day, or they will be let go. They do not even get enough time for lunch breaks.
That's most warehouse jobs though and pretty much all of the ones for shipping stuff. At least the working conditions with Amazon's warehouses (or the ones I've seen pictures of at least) seem to be higher than average.

So does BBY and if I was going to spend real money on it I would have done so there.

That's most warehouse jobs though and pretty much all of the ones for shipping stuff. At least the working conditions with Amazon's warehouses (or the ones I've seen pictures of at least) seem to be higher than average.

have you attempt to trade into bby instore recently? because that is the only way to see if you are unban

ha yeah getting items via prime and they ship it via something incredibly stupid like fedex/ups/whatever smart post is just lulz. same day to 2 day delivery to the post office then a week plus to get to me or send me a message saying they are incompetent and I need to go pick it up there/I notice its still not here and go do it myself.

Their shipping methods are always hilarious as hell too.  Anyone notice that despite not ordering stuff via prime that they have it with primes tape on the boxes? Just one of many odd things I've noticed lately.

Oh I never mentioned how my plates came.  The initial box was about a bit taller than the ones a mini fridge/freezer come in. then inside said box was another box 1/3rd that size. then inside that box was another box just a tiny bit smaller. And finally inside that box was surprise surprise not another box but 4 boxes where 9 plates were all packed in with ripped card board and built in holders for them. 

I have no idea what went through their minds to pack it that way.  I appreciate the effort though but I have to wonder how the fridge size box wasn't broken or anything with a 23lb small box just sliding around inside it.

ha yeah getting items via prime and they ship it via something incredibly stupid like fedex/ups/whatever smart post is just lulz. same day to 2 day delivery to the post office then a week plus to get to me or send me a message saying they are incompetent and I need to go pick it up there/I notice its still not here and go do it myself.
Post office gets stuff to me just fine, UPS and FedEx intentionally sit on those packages for days and will often even say they've handed it over to USPS without having actually done so.

So I have a friend who happens to work high up Amazon's food chain that I reached out to about my order on a NFS Xbox One that went from Shipping to cancelled. I asked him what the deal is with them and he immediately asked if I had been on slickdeals (didn't realize that had latched on that one) to which I replied "No" (played dumb). He said that the consoles being ordered are a mix of defective and saved for exchanges on launch consoles that they have returned and tested (Although some may still not work YMMV human error). He also mentioned that there is a shitstorm currently from the some getting out because they are supposed to immediately cancel, but due to the fact that so many orders were being placed on them some were able to pass to shipment. His suggestion to me is that I was lucky mine did not ship and they are tracking emails and serials of the consoles that are shipped out. Take that for what it's worth, but this dude and I go back a LONG time and I don't think he would steer me wrong on this. It was enough to convince me that I will avoid those listings from here on out, I don't want to get some flag raised on my Amazon Email.
Emails, probably, but good luck with tracking serials on opened hardware. The serial on my box was taped over by some AWD stickers, and then the console itself had a different number entirely.

Emails, probably, but good luck with tracking serials on opened hardware. The serial on my box was taped over by some AWD stickers, and then the console itself had a different number entirely.
I would think it's most likely so that people who get them aren't returning the dead consoles as new ones, assuming they actually check the SN when they get it back.

Can someone send me a pm to explain the deal with these NFS consoles?? I don't need one cuz I already have both, but I'm just curious and I missed out on all the earlier posts.

Post office gets stuff to me just fine, UPS and FedEx intentionally sit on those packages for days and will often even say they've handed it over to USPS without having actually done so.
that could be a possibility as well. and I usually have good service with my post office too short of those imaginary notices left. I've noticed one common problem was that they don't give my post office the paper work numbers or anything either at times causing more headaches. Or the label gets damaged so they can't scan it.

Shit, I just realized that my PS4 coming tomorrow is probably gonna require a signature at delivery and I work till 5.... fuck
Do they normally require one? If you don't mind it being left out just put a note on your door. Or have whoever keep it at their warehouse and pick it up anytime tomorrow.

Do they normally require one? If you don't mind it being left out just put a note on your door. Or have whoever keep it at their warehouse and pick it up anytime tomorrow.
I don't think I've had anything from Amazon require a signature in a long time. Trying to remember if my PS4 at launch even did.

Edit- Nope but this was funny from the tracking:

"Left At: Met Customer Man"

Anyone know the cheapest you've seen a copy of NBA 2k14 for the PS4? Anything under $30? Got one for $34 but wondering if I should cancel and wait for a cheaper one? 

Anyone know the cheapest you've seen a copy of NBA 2k14 for the PS4? Anything under $30? Got one for $34 but wondering if I should cancel and wait for a cheaper one?
No, $30 is the cheapest I can recall and lately it's been going up and been in the $38-43 range.

Shit, I just realized that my PS4 coming tomorrow is probably gonna require a signature at delivery and I work till 5.... fuck
This is from the shipping email I got when I bought a laptop from Amazon:

Depending on the ship speed you chose, it may take 24 hours for tracking information to be available in your account. Please note that a signature may be required for the delivery of any package where the value of the contents is greater than $1300. If no one will be available to sign for this package, you may wish to make alternate delivery arrangements with the carrier.

So you should be fine. I got 2 PS4 before in one shipment and I didn't need to sign anything.

UPS always asks for a signature from me. I get packages from them on a weekly basis.

It might just be my driver doing his job properly though, as the replacement drivers when he's off never ask for a signature and just hand me the item or leave it at the door.

UPS always asks for a signature from me. I get packages from them on a weekly basis.

It might just be my driver doing his job properly though, as the replacement drivers when he's off never ask for a signature and just hand me the item or leave it at the door.
It's up to the sender to request it because it costs them money to do so. UPS brings me stuff 3-4 days a week and the only time I have to sign is for stuff from Gamestop.

I always need to signature all my packages, but someone usually stay in home. Last month, I needed to reschedule 2 orders because nobody stayed in home. 

It's up to the sender to request it because it costs them money to do so. UPS brings me stuff 3-4 days a week and the only time I have to sign is for stuff from Gamestop.
Everything I get is from Amazon. At least 95% of it, anyway. Like I said, the only time I don't have to sign is if there is a different driver that day.

yeah, UPS always asks for a signature but they dont deliver till after 6 which is fine.  Just hoping if USPS delivers it tomorrow (dont know how its coming yet) they will leave it out. 

Good news is gamestop still doesn't have these. Dat TIV.
Yep except I want to trade one in from AWD to GS. I'm probably going to have to trade a PS4 in for a Wii U and just return the Wii U to get the credit and save it/turn it back into Amazon credit.

Guys How is the used PS3 games buying from Amazon Warehouse deals. are they  in good condition ??

Has anyone had good experiences with ordering artbooks shipped and sold by Amazon? I'm afraid to order any video game artbooks now after receiving 3 damaged copies of the same hardcover artbook. The book was loose inside a box that had no padding and just enough space for it to play bumper cars inside so the corners would always be smashed in. What was more frustrating is they kept shipping each replacement the same exact way. It's such a waste of time and resources to ship items in a way that basically guarantees damage.

I remember when they used to shrink wrap books to a piece of cardboard that fit perfectly inside the box and the box was bigger than than the books so the corners couldn't get smashed in. I never had a damaged book when they packed that way.

I got a like new game from AWD where the disc and manual were like new but the case had a good amount of wear.

It's really YMMV, I only buy from AWD when it's cheap enough and I'll just resell it when I'm done if I don't like the condition.

Opposite for me, only very recently has stuff coming through the USPS been on time...and then even again just this last week had an item supposed to be here Saturday and was a day late.

FedEx is iffy, I've seen them sit on stuff time and time again, other times I'll get it early.

UPS is the most consistent for me and will often get it a day early.

bread's done
Back