Amazon Warehouse Deals Thread X

Even if warranty repairs go smoothly, Sony may not honor the extended warranty in the future without a valid receipt. There's no telling if Sony will become more strict later on.
Thanks for the second opinion.

I decided to give the warranty CS another call and again another rep confirmed that I should be okay with the warranty. :wall: This time I pressed the issue (tried to have them put a note on my account that I would be covered despite the "Not For Sale" description on my receipt) and ultimately he had to speak with his supervisor about the situation...

After the supervisor researched the situation he concluded that I should have never been given the extended warranty in the first place and that I wouldn't be guaranteed in the future (since the reviews are handled by a third party and they require a valid "New" receipt).

They process my cancelling for the extended warranty, and earlier today I traded in the used PS4 for a new one at Gamestop using the bonus promotion.

TLDR; I wouldn't mess around with the extended warranties on these NFS or used consoles as you aren't guaranteed that they will not deny your claim in the future because of the "used" description on the receipt.

Last edited by a moderator:
thanks! i'll bring mine in tomorrow. it's 100% functional but the whole no receipt with warranty freaks me out a little. i figure why not while i'm ahead and get a new system instead of chancing it with this one.

Yay! I'm excited then. I bought these turtle beach speakers before and I didn't particularly think it was worth the cost, but I ordered the OFFICIAL PS3 headset, and it has like 4.5/5 stars and 1,143 reviews, so I figure they must be better. They're coming on Saturday (assuming they don't get delayed), so I'm really excited for them.

Speaking of delays, I was supposed to get a package yesterday and it got delayed due to "inclement weather conditions". There was a bad winter storm yesterday so that, I understand. But today was PERFECTLY FINE and it said "out for delivery as of 5:32 AM this morning". Nothing until 7:30, gets delayed AGAIN for the same reason. I have two packages coming from UPS tomorrow so I think they're just being lazy and plan on delivering all 3 together. Kind of makes me mad though. Especially now that they're bumping prime up to $100. I know they're not going to change ANYTHING about the way things get shipped. It's not exactly amazon's fault, but still... UPS seems to hate me, and I've gotten prestige more than a few times. Sometimes prestige is great, and other times they conveniently "lose the package" and then amazon wants me to wait like 7 days for it to come.
Yeah, it's a good headset and a good deal at $60.

Agreed. I ordered presents for my niece out in California and despite coming from a warehouse that's only two hours away UPS only picked them up a couple hours ago. It was guaranteed delivery for tomorrow but the tracking has them for Friday now. They leave in the morning for Arizona for a week to attend her graduation for getting her masters.

Your luck never seizes to amaze me. First the BF4 and now this. Awesome score, congrats!
Indeed.

got $100 in Amazon credit as a bday gift from my fiance's parents! Guess I'm back in the hunt for some cheap AWD games now :D
Time to bump you off and console your grieving fiance.

Yeah, it's a good headset and a good deal at $60.

Agreed. I ordered presents for my niece out in California and despite coming from a warehouse that's only two hours away UPS only picked them up a couple hours ago. It was guaranteed delivery for tomorrow but the tracking has them for Friday now. They leave in the morning for Arizona for a week to attend her graduation for getting her masters.

Indeed.

Time to bump you off and console your grieving fiance.
That's what I hate about UPS. They always stick to their "delivery estimate/date". It doesn't matter if they have the stuff DAYS early and could ship it out the next day. They'll ONLY ship it the last day, and a lot of times, they make up some BS excuse for being late. Even though prestige is hit or miss, they'll usually deliver a day or two earlier than the estimated date.

That's what I hate about UPS. They always stick to their "delivery estimate/date". It doesn't matter if they have the stuff DAYS early and could ship it out the next day. They'll ONLY ship it the last day, and a lot of times, they make up some BS excuse for being late. Even though prestige is hit or miss, they'll usually deliver a day or two earlier than the estimated date.
UPS handed my Xbox One order and they delivered a day early. Nice surprise after getting home from work.

UPS handed my Xbox One order and they delivered a day early. Nice surprise after getting home from work.
Lucky! I must just be cursed with lazy employees. The worst part is, I always see UPS trucks when I'm out on the road around noon - 1 PM, but somehow they don't get to me until 4:30-6.

Edit: By the way (this isn't directed just to you, but to everyone in general), is there a story as to why a lot sellers won't ship to Florida? I see that a lot on amazon... in the description they'll be like "won't ship to Florida, don't ask".

Well it was originally scheduled on UPS for today as well but then it changed at some point since I checked it.

Lucky! I must just be cursed with lazy employees. The worst part is, I always see UPS trucks when I'm out on the road around noon - 1 PM, but somehow they don't get to me until 4:30-6.

Edit: By the way (this isn't directed just to you, but to everyone in general), is there a story as to why a lot sellers won't ship to Florida? I see that a lot on amazon... in the description they'll be like "won't ship to Florida, don't ask".
Yes, because there's services in Florida that then ship the package to the DR and Puerto Rico and other places in the Caribbean and then it's really hard on you as a seller when they decide to scam you.

Also they don't get to you sooner because residential deliveries are their lowest priority. They have to make sure that businesses get their stuff by a certain time or it's their asses. So it's not unusual to see the truck with your package go past your street several times before it actually comes.

Well it was originally scheduled on UPS for today as well but then it changed at some point since I checked it.

Yes, because there's services in Florida that then ship the package to the DR and Puerto Rico and other places in the Caribbean and then it's really hard on you as a seller when they decide to scam you.

Also they don't get to you sooner because residential deliveries are their lowest priority. They have to make sure that businesses get their stuff by a certain time or it's their asses. So it's not unusual to see the truck with your package go past your street several times before it actually comes.
They did the same thing to me, but they did it twice. Hope everything goes well with yours and that it gets to her in a timely manner.

And I see. That makes a lot more sense now. I would definitely be scared of the same thing too, as a seller. I don't really bother selling anything any more because I've already had bad experiences with e-bay people. This girl wanted to buy something from me and then never pays, and then I contact her SEVERAL times nicely, and she only responds back finally when I open a claim against her. And e-bay favors the buyers! BS, if you ask me. I heard that it's impossible to leave a buyer negative feedback.

It is impossible to leave a buyer a negative now, thanks to so many sellers abusing it by giving a buyer a negative as soon as the buyer left them a negative even if it was deserved. Now sellers who have buyers that really deserve a negative can't get them anymore.

In Puerto Rico these outside us services don't exist because here in PR is a part of the US.
We have USPS same flat rate shipping, if it fits it ships ;)

Now UPS & FedEx consider it outside conus shipping so it's very expensive compared to conus shipping w the private companies.

THink shipping to PR like you are shipping to either Alaska or Hawaii. Amazon uses he same service for all three called parcelpool for smaller packages. What they do is take the package all the way to PR and then the local post office delivers the package. Basically the same as the ups+usps service just another company.

To deliver to DR or any other non-usa place in the world what they do is have a bunch of private PO boxes (usually in Miami due to airport hubs). These PO boxes get the package and then they resend it to the person in the other side of the world using private freight that is supposed I make you get your packages a little bit cheaper than directly and more secure. I remember a friend order a book from amazon that he needed and he was living at dr and I think one if those companies charged him like $40 shipping. Craziness

Had the PS4 in my cart just now. I just couldn't pull the trigger. Maybe once the new NHL comes out in September.
I've been the same way

Right now there's nothing that catches my eye to make me run out and buy

I don't think I'll be buying one til the new FF comes out

So I got a not for sale "mint condition" ps4 from Amazon for around $270. It ended up being a dud. Amazon offers a refund for the unit but I would rather replace it. Does anyone know if Sony would repair the unit? I talked to a representative and they gave me a service number after asking for the serial and model number. Never mentioned anything about a receipt. Do they do repairs without receipts or items bought from Amazon warehouse? Anyone been through the same dilemma?

I one-clicked a $277 VG PS4. Dont really need it since my other one is coming tomorrow so will be cancelling it shortly
Any heads up on when you will be cancelling????

Does anyone have the link for the awd Xbox ones? I have been looking for a model around 300.

In Puerto Rico these outside us services don't exist because here in PR is a part of the US.
We have USPS same flat rate shipping, if it fits it ships ;)
Well the research I had done when I got one of those weird PO Boxes on eBay said it belonged to a company that sent stuff to the DR and PR but that might have been slightly inaccurate.

Well the research I had done when I got one of those weird PO Boxes on eBay said it belonged to a company that sent stuff to the DR and PR but that might have been slightly inaccurate.
That is a possibility. I guess they could send stuff to PR, but I guess if the place you are buying from doesn't ship outside CONUS. Happens a lot in ebay auctions that they don't ship to alaska, hawaii or pr, prob due to them using UPS (which costs more than for CONUS since they have to fly it to you) instead of USPS or just not knowing .

EDIT: I bet that company sends stuff via USPS to PR and from PR it has a small boat and that takes things to DR which is really close which makes their cost really cheap and why they might also ship to PR.

Has anyone else noticed AWD shipping items WAYYYYY slower then usual?! Seems like it takes forever to get stuff now.....even with prime....

Anyone see stick of truth pop up?
fry.PNG

I agree about Prime being slower, I ordered a game Monday night. It just changed to preparing for shipment a few hours ago with an estimated delivery date of this upcoming Monday when normally I would have already gotten it today.

Did anyone's items from the restock this morning change status yet? Mine still says not shipped but has an eta of Saturday

bread's done
Back