Amazon Warehouse Deals Thread X

I am assuming this isn't a dinger for the Gold Wireless Headset @ $64.

Fully playable game is included; downloadable content (DLC) or codes for online play may require additional purchase. Minor cosmetic damage on the front of the item. Item will come repackaged.

Last edited by a moderator:
I am assuming this isn't a dinger for the Gold Wireless Headset.

Fully playable game is included; downloadable content (DLC) or codes for online play may require additional purchase. Minor cosmetic damage on the front of the item. Item will come repackaged.
Why not? Sounds quite possible.

i just realized i havent ordered an item that wasnt returned from awd since NOVEMBER this drought needs to end

I appreciate the advice, but that is the educational goal I've been in pursuit off since childhood. Clichéd as hell, but it plays to my strengths and me as a person.
I've never seen anyone list unemployment and debt default as a "strength." :)

If you want to be altruistic and don't mind being saddled with debt for your entire life, then go ahead, but you can probably do more good with less debt pursuing other careers. The best case scenario is a sweet salary and working an insane amount of hours each week until you make partner and then wonder where your life went.

If you want to be altruistic and don't mind being saddled with debt for your entire life, then go ahead, but you can probably do more good with less debt pursuing other careers. The best case scenario is a sweet salary and working an insane amount of hours each week until you make partner and then wonder where your life went.
Maybe he wants to be one of those evil rich lawyers? Harvey Birdman is great and all but I would be Harvey Specter.

Maybe he wants to be one of those evil rich lawyers? Harvey Birdman is great and all but I would be Harvey Specter.
Now don't get me wrong, The Specter is a boss, but damn does he have to work hard. I wanted to be a lawyer when I was young (who didn't) but I wanted to be one of those rich lawyers who had it easy.

Hahahaha. I have no soul, that is why I want to practice Law. But, it also helps that I have an athletic scholarship and get paid accordingly to my times in meets. So I've been able to save money, have a part time job and not getting into a life shattering debt when I go to law school. But then again, I have no life at all. 

Hahahaha. I have no soul, that is why I want to practice Law. But, it also helps that I have an athletic scholarship and get paid accordingly to my times in meets. So I've been able to save money, have a part time job and not getting into a life shattering debt when I go to law school. But then again, I have no life at all.
Amateur sports at its finest. You seem to be adept at rule bending so I think you'll be fine. :^o

Not to pile on, but at least make sure you know exactly what you are getting into. Everyone knows the stereotype of the rich lawyer, so you probably don't need a lot of info on the "pros". So focus on the cons: read law school scamblogs, check out "Above the Law", look at employment opportunities in places you would actually want to live, think about whether you have the personality for the type of law you would most likely be able to practice (i.e., do you have the personality/drive to be a Biglaw associate or the self discipline/selling skills to be a solo?). Finally be realistic about your options - if you get a lot of money for a T14, a full scholarship to a T25 or there's a compelling reason to go to another Tier 1 school (full ride, best in state you want to practice in and low cost of living), then consider it.

Not to pile on, but at least make sure you know exactly what you are getting into. Everyone knows the stereotype of the rich lawyer, so you probably don't need a lot of info on the "pros". So focus on the cons: read law school scamblogs, check out "Above the Law", look at employment opportunities in places you would actually want to live, think about whether you have the personality for the type of law you would most likely be able to practice (i.e., do you have the personality/drive to be a Biglaw associate or the self discipline/selling skills to be a solo?). Finally be realistic about your options - if you get a lot of money for a T14, a full scholarship to a T25 or there's a compelling reason to go to another Tier 1 school (full ride, best in state you want to practice in and low cost of living), then consider it.
This is all very sound advice.

Also, unless you plan to graduate at the top of your class (or close to it) or plan to be local, I wouldn't waste my money or time in any 2nd and 3rd Tier schools. Most of them charge a ton of money and don't give you much prestige. Also, if you are hard headed and stubborn and insist on making this mistake - focus on things that will matter - meaning take classes about the practice of law. Sign up for mock trial, clinics. Join some of those stupid journals and get something published. Brown nose like you have a fetish. Suck up and make connections. Don't take any summer off, etc.

It really is a shitty job market out there. Schools inflate their job numbers by counting everything as an employed graduate (even shit like fast food, temp jobs, etc).

If it taking forever you could also try this method : https://support.xbox.com/en-US/xbox-one/system/game-installation-process-stops

When I got my Xbox one in December and it kept taking forever or getting stuck at a percentage it what Microsoft support had me to saying it a common problem something about Xbox live and the install process interfering or I don't even remember exactly what they said it been awhile
This. Minus the power cycle part. Whenever it takes forever to install just disconnect the wireless/wired and install, then re-connect and install online update. No need to turn off the X1 after installation.

Wow... will do playa.. that's crazy... Yeah I also need a tube TV for my vintage Saturn, 32X, 3DO, SNES, NES, PS1, PS2, and N64 games...
I have one of the first flat screen TV's, runs at 480i or 480p, and it's small (22inch) and works great for nes/snes/even atari!, I think it looks better than the tube tv's, to each their own, but I'll agree they do not look good on a regular flat screen these days.

I have one of the first flat screen TV's, runs at 480i or 480p, and it's small (22inch) and works great for nes/snes/even atari!, I think it looks better than the tube tv's, to each their own, but I'll agree they do not look good on a regular flat screen these days.
Scanlines and other inate attributes of tube TV's played a big part in the look and feel of classic games. No flat screen can reproduce them well, regardless of age. Check out http://www.tested.com/tech/gaming/456719-best-crt-retro-games/ for a pretty good article about retro gaming displays.

Scanlines and other inate attributes of tube TV's played a big part in the look and feel of classic games. No flat screen can reproduce them well, regardless of age. Check out http://www.tested.com/tech/gaming/456719-best-crt-retro-games/ for a pretty good article about retro gaming displays.
nice article, never knew it went this in depth, thanks for the link. Going to hook up my crt from the basement and compare this week, I'm super curious now.

I been looking on craigslist and am seeing awesome tube TV's and VCR's for 20 and 30 bucks.. people practically giving them away. Score!

I'm also seeing tranny personals

Seems to be the last week for the 50% bonus trade-in at Gamestop. Hope I can snag a PS4 this week finally!

I'm sure the employees really don't care, but has anyone had any funny looks trading in used PS4s to immediately buy a new PS4 for what sounds like almost a straight trade in across the board, if I'm reading other experiences right.

Seems to be the last week for the 50% bonus trade-in at Gamestop. Hope I can snag a PS4 this week finally!

I'm sure the employees really don't care, but has anyone had any funny looks trading in used PS4s to immediately buy a new PS4 for what sounds like almost a straight trade in across the board, if I'm reading other experiences right.
just say you don't want yours anymore but wanted to give your friend one and felt weird about giving an open item as a gift.

just say you don't want yours anymore but wanted to give your friend one and felt weird about giving an open item as a gift.
That'd work. One more question, the coupon says 50% bonus towards a PS4; does it actually have to be in stock at time of trade-in and purhcase, or will they let you pay at the time and hold it for you once one comes in stock? Sorry, I really haven't bought much from Gamestop, so I really don't know the policies.

Off-topic: All the bitter lawyers on this thread should really stop telling that guy to get out before he even takes his LSAT. Just because it didn't work out for you doesn't mean that it won't work out for this guy. Let him take the LSAT and see how he does. If his score is T14 material, then he's set. The legal market has recovered substantially since 2008/2009 and a lot of the difficulties you guys are referring to with respect to employment just isn't the case anymore. 

Anyway, if the guy taking the LSAT wants any advice, PM me as I am happy to help. I went to one of HYS and am now a 4th year associate at a Vault 50 firm. AMA. 

Say that you bought it used and would feel more comfortable with a new PS4 plus the Sony warranty that only comes with new systems.

That'd work. One more question, the coupon says 50% bonus towards a PS4; does it actually have to be in stock at time of trade-in and purhcase, or will they let you pay at the time and hold it for you once one comes in stock? Sorry, I really haven't bought much from Gamestop, so I really don't know the policies.
I think it has to be in stock, but you can always buy a new Wii U then return it later for a PS4 once your store gets more.

I'm looking to pick up a PS3 for cheap now that Dark Souls 2 is out. Is there a link for me to follow/refresh? About how much should I expect to be paying, realistically?

Thanks for the help. ;)

I'm looking to pick up a PS3 for cheap now that Dark Souls 2 is out. Is there a link for me to follow/refresh? About how much should I expect to be paying, realistically?

Thanks for the help. ;)
South Park has consistently been going for about $42 which is the lowest I would expect for DS2. If it's the Black Armors that pop up those could be over MSRP though.

IIRC, promos and coupons can't be applied to items ordered that way.
Promos definitely can (I was able to get the 50% bump towards the Titanfall bundle this way) but coupons are YMMV. Fine-print says in-store and in-stock items only but you may be able to get a manager to push it through.

ha it'd be nice if we could get walmart drunk prices. and if they did get mostly cancelled the gift cards would be decent compensation at least though I'm still sad about the toy kitchen sets, bikes, wood peg trains and toy blocks I bought for my nieces. I really had my heart set on those for them at the very least. I wanted to play with the train and blocks :p The controllers and tvs I didn't think I would get though the pokemon being available for pick up but the order system being down was a real tease.

Thanks for the help. ;)
awd wise they've been popping up anywhere from 114-200 for various models and bundles. Preferably if you know how to install a hard drive and plan on using alot of space just buy the cheapest one and get a larger hard drive. If not just get a slim bundle and avoid the anorexic ones since they are fugly.

I'm happy with the 160gb slim I bought at gamestop back in october personally

Three years of law school= $150,000 opportunity cost (income) lost, so there's that.

You finish top of your class and get a $150,000 starting salary job.  You're in the 35% federal tax bracket or so.  After tax you're banking $97,500/yr.   Student loans?  You got them and you're stuck for life.  $2000/mth payments for the next 8 years.

97,500-24,000= $73,500.  Now you'll be working between 80-100 hours a week but let's just take the low estimate and use 80.  That's 4160 in a year.

73,500/4160= $17.66 an hour.  Ouch.

Life as a CPA.

Pass 4 exams.  Took me about a year.

Learn the tax code in and out.  And I mean master that shit.

Charge $2000 to do a tax return.  Takes about 30 minutes to an hour.  Let's say 2 hours.

$1000/hr.  Much better

I know this is an extremely black and white way of looking at things but a $150k salary is not always as sweet as a $70k salary with much less hours and other revenue streams

Three years of law school= $150,000 opportunity cost (income) lost, so there's that.

You finish top of your class and get a $150,000 starting salary job. You're in the 35% federal tax bracket or so. After tax you're banking $97,500/yr. Student loans? You got them and you're stuck for life. $2000/mth payments for the next 8 years.

97,500-24,000= $73,500. Now you'll be working between 80-100 hours a week but let's just take the low estimate and use 80. That's 4160 in a year.

73,500/4160= $17.66 an hour. Ouch.

Life as a CPA.

Pass 4 exams. Took me about a year.
Learn the tax code in and out. And I mean master that shit.
Charge $2000 to do a tax return. Takes about 30 minutes to an hour. Let's say 2 hours.
$1000/hr. Much better

I know this is an extremely black and white way of looking at things but a $150k salary is not always as sweet as a $70k salary with much less hours and other revenue streams
Or heck, just complain to amazon about a 62 cent cable and get $62 back in 15 minutes. 0 work and 0 hours of schooling, just free money and games.

You finish top of your class and get a $150,000 starting salary job. You're in the 35% federal tax bracket or so. After tax you're banking $97,500/yr. Student loans? You got them and you're stuck for life. $2000/mth payments for the next 8 years.

97,500-24,000= $73,500. Now you'll be working between 80-100 hours a week but let's just take the low estimate and use 80. That's 4160 in a year.

Life as a CPA.

Charge $2000 to do a tax return. Takes about 30 minutes to an hour. Let's say 2 hours.

$1000/hr. Much better

Which is why I'd rather learn the tax code myself and spend hours doing my own taxes and save a bunch of cash than pay some d___ to charge me out the ass for an hour of work.

Life as a CPA.

$1000/hr. Much better

Is this a competition? Can I put my hat on the ring, I bet my career path involved way more debt and way more costs lol . The UPS guy that brings my AWD packages will have earned more money than me until I'm like 48 years old which were I might peak $ wise lol. You study to do things you love not to earn money. If you have enough to live a nice life and do what you love is what matters to me.

Anyways, I have been watching a particular CE to drop in price for the last week or so and NADA. They did bring out 4 more so that might bring the price down I hope??

bread's done
Back