Amazon Warehouse Deals Thread X

Who started this.  I need to know who started this.  So, how about that global warming... for all the 'bright' people in here, it's kind of sad that they can't figure out that this is a gaming forum.

As if Console wars weren't enough, it's career wars now.
nah this is the sequel to shipping nightmares and eldritch flipping wars. still waiting on the upcoming cult of croft but I think that was prematurely cancelled ;_;

http://www.amazon.com/Nintendo-Wii-Console-8GB-Basic-U/dp/B0050SVHZO/ref=sr_1_118?m=A2L77EE7U53NWQ&s=merchant&ie=UTF8&qid=1395078507&sr=1-118 8gb wiiu 203.xx g packaging may be damaged. dinger?

Oh and anyone see good prices on spyro and klonoa games? I'd love to pick those up loved the hell out of klonoa <3

Last edited by a moderator:
Off-topic: All the bitter lawyers on this thread should really stop telling that guy to get out before he even takes his LSAT. Just because it didn't work out for you doesn't mean that it won't work out for this guy. Let him take the LSAT and see how he does. If his score is T14 material, then he's set. The legal market has recovered substantially since 2008/2009 and a lot of the difficulties you guys are referring to with respect to employment just isn't the case anymore.

Anyway, if the guy taking the LSAT wants any advice, PM me as I am happy to help. I went to one of HYS and am now a 4th year associate at a Vault 50 firm. AMA.
lmao... nice assumptions there. It's not bitterness or the fact it didn't work out for us. Universities are a business and they will feed you whatever bullshit they need to feed you to get you to sign up. We're just trying to give this kid both sides of the coin so he can make whatever decision he wants to make with a full understanding that it isn't all six figure salaries. I don't know what market you're referring to, but it hasn't recovered to what it once was and we're still as a country graduating more lawyers per year than there are available jobs.

And just look at the example below to see why it isn't all peaches and cream even if you get the "good" job.

Three years of law school= $150,000 opportunity cost (income) lost, so there's that.

You finish top of your class and get a $150,000 starting salary job. You're in the 35% federal tax bracket or so. After tax you're banking $97,500/yr. Student loans? You got them and you're stuck for life. $2000/mth payments for the next 8 years.

97,500-24,000= $73,500. Now you'll be working between 80-100 hours a week but let's just take the low estimate and use 80. That's 4160 in a year.

73,500/4160= $17.66 an hour. Ouch.

Life as a CPA.

Pass 4 exams. Took me about a year.

Learn the tax code in and out. And I mean master that shit.

Charge $2000 to do a tax return. Takes about 30 minutes to an hour. Let's say 2 hours.

$1000/hr. Much better

I know this is an extremely black and white way of looking at things but a $150k salary is not always as sweet as a $70k salary with much less hours and other revenue streams

Three years of law school= $150,000 opportunity cost (income) lost, so there's that.

You finish top of your class and get a $150,000 starting salary job. You're in the 35% federal tax bracket or so. After tax you're banking $97,500/yr. Student loans? You got them and you're stuck for life. $2000/mth payments for the next 8 years.

97,500-24,000= $73,500. Now you'll be working between 80-100 hours a week but let's just take the low estimate and use 80. That's 4160 in a year.

73,500/4160= $17.66 an hour. Ouch.

Life as a CPA.

Pass 4 exams. Took me about a year.

Learn the tax code in and out. And I mean master that shit.

Charge $2000 to do a tax return. Takes about 30 minutes to an hour. Let's say 2 hours.

$1000/hr. Much better

I know this is an extremely black and white way of looking at things but a $150k salary is not always as sweet as a $70k salary with much less hours and other revenue streams
lol @ charging $2000 per tax return. If you're on a $70K salary at $1000/hr then you only work 70 hours a year? I would admit that is the life if that were true.

Also if you work at top big law firm (only corporate clients). You're raking in $300-400K/yr but hours are about 100+ so you are right about that. However, if you become a partner at an accounting firm (and correct me if I'm wrong), you only make like $200-$300k for junior partners @ the big 4 but the hours are nice.

Meanwhile if you're a partner at a big law firm, the average per partner is $2-3 million a year.

This info is from personal recruiting so it could definitely be wrong.

How often do they put up the ps4s? Just realized they were doing this and I'm very interested in saving some money on one

fuck I'm blocking every single one of you fuck ing self righteous bastards get the fuck off the chatterbox

How often do they put up the ps4s? Just realized they were doing this and I'm very interested in saving some money on one
The pattern has been erratic, so just have an AWD and/or used PS4 tab open, turn on 1-Click, refresh the page regularly, and pray you can catch one before it's sniped.

I'm looking to pick up a PS3 for cheap now that Dark Souls 2 is out. Is there a link for me to follow/refresh? About how much should I expect to be paying, realistically?

Thanks for the help. ;)
You can use this link to see what is avaliable.

http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=sr_nr_n_1?me=A2L77EE7U53NWQ&rh=n%3A468642%2Cn%3A!11846801%2Cn%3A14210751%2Cn%3A14210711&bbn=14210751&ie=UTF8&qid=1395079699&rnid=14210751

The Last of Us bundle has gotten pretty low before. You could always try cowboom too.

The pattern has been erratic, so just have an AWD and/or used PS4 tab open, turn on 1-Click, refresh the page regularly, and pray you can catch one before it's sniped.
Ok thanks. Would you say roughly once a month or once a week type thing though?

lol @ charging $2000 per tax return. If you're on a $70K salary at $1000/hr then you only work 70 hours a year? I would admit that is the life if that were true.

Also if you work at top big law firm (only corporate clients). You're raking in $300-400K/yr but hours are about 100+ so you are right about that. However, if you become a partner at an accounting firm (and correct me if I'm wrong), you only make like $200-$300k for junior partners @ the big 4 but the hours are nice.

Meanwhile if you're a partner at a big law firm, the average per partner is $2-3 million a year.

This info is from personal recruiting so it could definitely be wrong.
The rate for corporations is between $1500-$2000 and goes up from there. I've seen $15,000 for one tax return.

I'm talking medium to large corporations that require extensive knowledge of the tax code.

Keep your W2s and 1099s to yourself lol. Those kinds of tax returns are a breeze for me and I do it for free for a ton of people.

The rate for corporations is between $1500-$2000 and goes up from there. I've seen $15,000 for one tax return.

I'm talking medium to large corporations that require extensive knowledge of the tax code.

Keep your W2s and 1099s to yourself lol. Those kinds of tax returns are a breeze for me and I do it for free for a ton of people.
I was attempting to point at the ridiculous amount that you're stating that you're getting paid. You aren't comparing apples to apples. You're stating $1000/hr but that's what you CHARGE clients compared to a lawyer's INCOME @ $17.66/hr after taxes (doesn't even take into consideration bonus). Do you see the flaw in your argument? Comparing what you charge clients to what a lawyer makes per hour. Now if you had compared what you make per hour @ $70K after taxes then you're comparing apples to apples and should the per hour be greater than that of a lawyer's then you have an argument. But to that I say, add in the year-end (and signing bonus for first year) as well as the upside of becoming a partner.

Also I realize it was for a corporate client... it was quite obvious but maybe next time I should lay out all of my assumptions before continuing with my argument?

Partnerships are great... if you can make it.  You sacrifice a ton to make it and you're not guaranteed to make it.  You can be in a big firm for years and toil away and not be on the partner track. So there's a time risk involved.  The political landscape of the firm will make or break you.  If you can make partner, you're set though.

I was attempting to point at the ridiculous amount that you're stating that you're getting paid. You aren't comparing apples to apples. You're stating $1000/hr but that's what you CHARGE clients compared to a lawyer's INCOME @ $17.66/hr after taxes (doesn't even take into consideration bonus). Do you see the flaw in your argument? Comparing what you charge clients to what a lawyer makes per hour. Now if you had compared what you make per hour @ $70K after taxes then you're comparing apples to apples and should the per hour be greater than that of a lawyer's then you have an argument. But to that I say, add in the year-end (and signing bonus for first year) as well as the upside of becoming a partner.

Also I realize it was for a corporate client... it was quite obvious but maybe next time I should lay out all of my assumptions before continuing with my argument?
I was comparing a corporate lawyer to a CPA that makes $70k at his day job and has a handful of clients on the side. The whole point of my argument was the per hour rate you'll be making and that $150k or even $200k is not very good when you're working 4000+ hours a year. And of course I did not take into account taxes for the CPA either but do the numbers and you'll see for yourself which is the better option.

Will lawyers make more money than CPAs? Absolutely but that's because they are putting in more hours. Simple. I'm a proponent of comparing per hour wages and not just the salary alone.

Go into private and now you're making $75k instead of $150k, you're still saddled with the student loans, and the hours are still pretty bad (60/week, no OT).

I was comparing a corporate lawyer to a CPA that makes $70k at his day job and has a handful of clients on the side. The whole point of my argument was the per hour rate you'll be making and that $150k or even $200k is not very good when you're working 4000+ hours a year. And of course I did not take into account taxes for the CPA either but do the numbers and you'll see for yourself which is the better option.

Will lawyers make more money than CPAs? Absolutely but that's because they are putting in more hours. Simple. I'm a proponent of comparing per hour wages and not just the salary alone.

Go into private and now you're making $75k instead of $150k, you're still saddled with the student loans, and the hours are still pretty bad (60/week, no OT).
I understand what you're getting at (that the work life balance is much better for CPAs) but I was pointing out the flaw of comparing what you charge clients per hour vs the income on a per hour basis for lawyers (i.e. comparing $1000/hr vs $17.66/hr).

We have to be a partner now in order to buy from the Amazon Warehouse?!?! That's BS!
It's a pretty exclusive club. The AWD partnership. Senior partners are Eld & DS2U. The rest of the contributors are partners. The one sorry associate: me.

Steps to make partner or executive position fast and quick cutting out the grunt work and hours:
1. Find high end firm where president or vp of firm has single daughter
2. Make daughter fall in love with you
3. Get daughter pregnant and marry her
4. Daughter goes to dad "daddy can you please give him a job where you work" dad agrees and you got your job
5. Now pregnant daughter " daddy stop making him work so much so he can be with me and your grand kid at home more" still large sum of money and less hours
Problem solved!

NOW BACK TO AWD WAREHOUSE WHERE THE RESTOCK FOR THE DAY?!

I understand what you're getting at (that the work life balance is much better for CPAs) but I was pointing out the flaw of comparing what you charge clients per hour vs the income on a per hour basis for lawyers (i.e. comparing $1000/hr vs $17.66/hr).
Fine, then calculate the income per hour for the CPA.

$1500 for 2 hours of work. $750 less 35% for taxes. It's still $487/hour.

At the end of the day, we're all overworked and underpaid. That's the truth. And that's the last I'll say on this topic.

Fine, then calculate the income per hour for the CPA.

$1500 for 2 hours of work. $750 less 35% for taxes. It's still $487/hour.

At the end of the day, we're all overworked and underpaid. That's the truth. And that's the last I'll say on this topic.
Yea, not worth arguing this anymore. Time to look for some AWD deals

I know if I had a career plan in mind, I would definitely let some people I don't know on the Internet change my mind. Take it somewhere else guys, we are trying to make AWD partners here... Geez.

On topic: Anyone seen copies of Wii Fit U on here as of late?

On topic: I drive an expensive car and have a small peen

Off topic: 3ds zelda OoT ever pop up on AWD?

Didn't we already have a lot of bannings stemming from off topic discussion?

Take that shit to the off topic forum and stick to deals here.

I been looking on craigslist and am seeing awesome tube TV's and VCR's for 20 and 30 bucks.. people practically giving them away. Score!

I'm also seeing tranny personals <__<
I'm not going to ask how you found that while looking for TVs and games...but it does remind me of a story.

When my friend was in the Navy, he was stationed in Germany and went to a strip club. The sign out front advertised a TV star. He was excited because he would see some famous lady from television/movies dancing for him. So he is all into it and he sees the TV girl come out. About 30 seconds later she whipped it out, he said he was so freaked out he had to leave. The guys at the base told him what TV meant after that, and it ain't television.

Anyways:

http://www.amazon.com/MOGA-Ace-Power-Electronic-Games-Game/dp/B00H01EXM8/ref=sr_1_46?m=A2L77EE7U53NWQ&s=merchant&ie=UTF8&qid=1395084930&sr=1-46

Is $53 too much for this? It's a controller thing for your phone.

Jesus H. Christ. I just wanted to know if anyone has seen Dark Souls 2 pop up yet. 

Can anyone answer that for me? I don't need a lawyer, just someone to post about video games.

Jesus H. Christ. I just wanted to know if anyone has seen Dark Souls 2 pop up yet.

Can anyone answer that for me? I don't need a lawyer, just someone to post about video games.
I think one CE popped up a few nights ago and was promptly snagged, but I haven't seen a regular one surface yet.

I'm looking to pick up a PS3 for cheap now that Dark Souls 2 is out. Is there a link for me to follow/refresh? About how much should I expect to be paying, realistically?

Thanks for the help. ;)

They are so overpriced anywhere I looked right now it's not even funny. So I went on Craigslist that's your best bet IMO. 150 I got a 250GB in great condition COD ghosts and a few other games. I'm selling the games. Not bad I felt.

I'm kind of regretting buying a Wii U. I'm getting three games with it, and there's only like 2-3 other games I want for it completely. And another one that's probably coming out in like two years or something. Does anyone know of any cool new Wii U titles coming out in the near future?

I'm kind of regretting buying a Wii U. I'm getting three games with it, and there's only like 2-3 other games I want for it completely. And another one that's probably coming out in like two years or something. Does anyone know of any cool new Wii U titles coming out in the near future?
The only thing soon is Mario Kart in May. Idk anything past that.

Not really, sadly. I had a chance to pick one up pretty cheap, but passed after looking at what's coming and what isn't within the next year.

bread's done
Back