Amazon Warehouse Deals Thread X

How does a mint-y fresh PS4 sound? More like the Not For Sale kind though.

www.amazon.com/gp/aw/ol/B00CMQTVQO?eid=Y12M4529338M2976780&me=A2L77EE7U53NWQ&mp=MerchantsAt&o=Used&op=1

How does a mint-y fresh PS4 sound? More like the Not For Sale kind though.

www.amazon.com/gp/aw/ol/B00CMQTVQO?eid=Y12M4529338M2976780&me=A2L77EE7U53NWQ&mp=MerchantsAt&o=Used&op=1
In theory they all sound fine until you have one in reality. Pursue one at your own risk. If you have followed this thread then you should know realistically what to expect.

That is why I brought up the whole thing about "if you plan on trading it". It involves you buying another console (WiiU, xb1, or ps4) to get a boost of 50%. The base of ps4 is $265. The headset included has some value (I think $2.25) so it is a break even towards even a new ps4. The only catch is that they have to have a unit in stock or they have to order from store to ship to home for the 50% to apply if doing it towards another ps4. Check out GS thread for more details.
I wanted to thank you once again for your help. I wrote Amazon an email about my issues and they offered me a 30% refund making the PS4 about 230 after tax. I am so happy right now and I am grateful that you advised me to contact them.

So now it's cool to complain because your like new item wasn't new? If it was something you could fix with a wipe down why complain damn the generation of entitlement is here.

I'm not a flipper so I definitely plan on keeping it, do you have any idea on what I could expect from Amazon or would it not be worth the hassle?
You take that PS4 to Gamestop and trade it in toward a new PS4. They give you $397.50 right now for it (after a 50% bonus) if you trade a PS4 system toward a next gen system.

If you can get them to take the little headset/mic thing they give you another $2.50 for that as well.

If you are unhappy with it though Amazon will probably give you a partial refund of 20% or so. So you could complain to Amazon and still keep it and trade it into Gamestop if you wanted. People here will cry about that and tell you how evil it is and entitled you are like the post above, but personally I hold them to a standard (such as like new should mean like new).

Last edited by a moderator:
So now it's cool to complain because your like new item wasn't new? If it was something you could fix with a wipe down why complain damn the generation of entitlement is here.
It was a lot more than just a wipe down, if you'd bother to take the time to understand the situation you'd know that. It was closer to Acceptable or Very Good condition and I wasn't being entitled, I came on to ask a question and warn people of what they might be able to expect. I contacted amazon with the information I had and they offered me a refund so they must have deemed it worthy. I think you should be less concerned with how entitled you believe people are and work on your manners instead.

Statements like this keep popping up in this thread. I guess I don't understand how his conversation with his customer service rep about his deal and the agreement they made afterward effects you and your dealings with amazon. Or is it just a case of "he got a good deal, I'm mad cause mine wasn't as good".

It was a lot more than just a wipe down, if you'd bother to take the time to understand the situation you'd know that. It was closer to Acceptable or Very Good condition and I wasn't being entitled, I came on to ask a question and warn people of what they might be able to expect. I contacted amazon with the information I had and they offered me a refund so they must have deemed it worthy. I think you should be less concerned with how entitled you believe people are and work on your manners instead.
Go back to lurking

You take that PS4 to Gamestop and trade it in toward a new PS4. They give you $397.50 right now for it (after a 50% bonus) if you trade a PS4 system toward a next gen system.

If you can get them to take the little headset/mic thing they give you another $2.50 for that as well.

If you are unhappy with it though Amazon will probably give you a partial refund of 20% or so. So you could complain to Amazon and still keep it and trade it into Gamestop if you wanted. People here will cry about that and tell you how evil it is and entitled you are like the post above, but personally I hold them to a standard (such as like new should mean like new).
I appreciate the thorough answer, I will likely keep the system as I would have to pay 40 dollars in tax at Gamestop and will put that money towards buying an extended warranty to be safe.

no he complained to AWD that he paid for a like new used PS4 and got a Good possibly acceptable one and they refunded the difference. The only problem with this thread is the trolls talking trash about letting a business know they are slipping as of late.

Possibly his first PS4 and would have preferred a Like New PS4 to come then a partial refund. Most of the people in this thread or lurk this thread in the shadows have purchased more then 3-4 go complain to them about entitlement.

I appreciate the thorough answer, I will likely keep the system as I would have to pay 40 dollars in tax at Gamestop and will put that money towards buying an extended warranty to be safe.
If you purchase an extended warranty through Sony, there's no guarantee that Sony will honor it in the future with a receipt from AWD.

no he complained to AWD that he paid for a like new used PS4 and got a Good possibly acceptable one and they refunded the difference. The only problem with this thread is the trolls talking trash about letting a business know they are slipping as of late.

Possibly his first PS4 and would have preferred a Like New PS4 to come then a partial refund. Most of the people in this thread or lurk this thread in the shadows have purchased more then 3-4 go complain to them about entitlement.
That is exactly right, I tend to keep my systems forever (unless they need to be sent in for repair) and wanted something that could last longterm. I am still hopeful this will last and certainly didn't expect a refund as I got a reasonable deal, but I am very grateful to Deal Seeker for encouraging me and Amazon for being so generous (I expected either nothing or 20 dollars at most).

If you purchase an extended warranty through Sony, there's no guarantee that Sony will honor it in the future with a receipt from AWD.
Thanks for letting me know, I'm glad I talked to you before buying it. do you know if Squaretrade would honor it or is there a better option?

I keep refreshing hoping for the flood of dinger goodness, but all I see is Splinter Cell Blacklist mocking me in the same spot it was 14 seconds ago. Damn you Sam Fisher, damn you.

No point in getting the Squaretrade warranty since Sony appears to be honoring warranty claims on used PS4s at the moment. The only SQ warranty I could find for used ps4s is this: http://www.amazon.com/SquareTrade-One-Year-Open-Box-Electronics-Extended/dp/B002QCGLHQ
yea they are but more then likely they will only cover any breakdowns until November of this year then after that point probably no more without a receipt from a valid retailer. I think that why he said a extended warranty specifically meaning multiple years warranty he is wanting

SquareTrade won't cover used products, and Sony farms warranty reviews out to a third party. They may or may not honor an extended warranty supported by an AWD receipt. You're much better off trading up to a new one at GS and getting the extended warranty if you really want one. If you got your AWD unit for < $300 you'll still be under MSRP when it's all said and done.

Don't have remorse, the system is awesome and there's a dozen really good games for it and some pretty decent ones. The eShop has some nice stuff on it too. There's more coming even if the summer's probably going to be a bit dry. You got it for an excellent price and it will be worth it in the long run.
You're right. It was a pretty good deal. I'm sure I'll be really happy once I get it. I'm definitely looking forward to playing Earthbound for the first time. :D

Update on my order: The only two negative reviews the seller had were that he took a long time to ship the item, but I'm pleased to report that's not the case with my order. I ordered it on Saturday night or Sunday, and he shipped it immediately Monday morning. Plus, I ordered standard shipping, and he shipped it with UPS 2-day shipping. Says I'm getting it on Wednesday (if there isn't a delay with UPS). Now to keep my fingers crossed that it's in the condition described and actually comes everything/the extra things he mentioned!

You're right. It was a pretty good deal. I'm sure I'll be really happy once I get it. I'm definitely looking forward to playing Earthbound for the first time. :D
I have had a Wii U for a week and have been playing Earthbound, NSMBU and Skylanders Swap force (my daughter love Skylanders). So far I love the system. Off TV play is a great option with the gamepad, and for a game like Skylanders the gamepad makes a lot of the information about your Skylanders and goals much more readily available. The Virtual Console could be so much more though, and it is really disappointing that Nintendo does not support it better.

Has anyone had an AWD order ship with an actual real amazon order? My PS4 AWD Thief just shipped with my FFX Remaster preorder.... Same tracking.

Everyone enjoy your upcoming restock.  Off to try and get Frozen from Walmart and not get killed by all the drunks and ice.

Edit- My Xbone is shipping now so expect lots of Titanfall bundles to pop up while I'm driving.

I got my AWD PS4 today. The box was a little beat up. Other than some scuffs on the glossy finish. Everything else seems fine. All the promo codes were also still valid. I was considering flipping it but with the condition it's in I'd rather just hold on to the system. 

How was the massive restock while I was gone? My Walmart trip was quite good. Got an Elsa and an Anna Frozen bundle and found an Arkham Origins CE for 360 that was marked $60 but rang up $50. I'm happy.

Eld what do you do exactly to fund these hundreds of AWD orders?
Magic. I'm a wizard.

bread's done
Back