All Other console and handhelds

PC, Mac and Virtual Reality gaming:

:pc: PC
   Mac

iconcerv.png
  Virtual Reality Gaming

F.A.Q's
What is Amazon Warehouse Deals?
From Amazon: Get deep discounts on open-box, like-new, refurbished, or used products that are in good condition but do not meet Amazon.com's rigorous standards as "new".

Warehouse Deals is part of amazon that has open box, new but with damaged packaging product aka "dinger" and trade ins in generally like new condition. They are considered 3rd party by affiliation and as such the "Amazon Warehouse Deals" distinction but are still part of Amazon.

What is AmazonSmile?
From Amazon: AmazonSmile is a simple and automatic way for you to support your favorite charitable organization every time you shop, at no cost to you. When you shop at smile.amazon.com, you’ll find the exact same low prices, vast selection and convenient shopping experience as Amazon.com, with the added bonus that Amazon will donate a portion of the purchase price to your favorite charitable organization. You can choose from nearly one million organizations to support.

For more information follow the link below:

About AmazonSmile

Is the Amazon Warehouse Deals return policy the same as Amazon's return policy?
Yes! All purchases are eligible for Amazon customer service and 30 day return policy.

I'm using the games sort by console link, and the games will not sort by price properly. What is wrong?
You aren't doing anything wrong, the sort by price feature on Amazon is broken during restocks and or when pricing algorithm goes haywire. During those times, prices don't adjust and assimilate with the current inventory quickly enough to show the sorting as such

I'm waiting for a ps4, xb1, 360, ps3, 3ds, or PS Vita to pop up.. What time do they usually appear?
They can show up any time, the best way to find it is have the item tabbed on your browser, and download an auto refresh app and frequently check it, and or set alerts... Sometimes they will not pop up on amazon warehouse deals storefront, you will need to check the "used" section of the item

Why did all the prices of games randomly jump up?
Games on warehouse deals generally go on a cycle. They will get extremely low, great deals.. Then they will jump back up and restart the cycle of falling in price again.

I have a gaming credit and/or an Amazon gift card. Can both of these be applied to Warehouse Deals orders?
Gift cards can be applied to orders made on warehouse deals, however video game credit is only good for items shipped and sold by "amazon.com", warehouse deals does not count as this.

What was Penny Deals?
In early September of 2011, tons of newer release, more expensive games popped up for 1 penny each. Many CAG members placed orders, expecting them to get cancelled. Some were cancelled, however many CAGS got a large amount of games for a penny each. There has been no confirmation what exactly happened and why these games were sold for a penny.

What is this "glitch deals" that I keep hearing about in this thread?
On August 7th, 2014, AWD glitched out similar to how it did around penny deals, except lot of stuff went for cheap instead for a penny. The pricing algorithm went haywire and in the process lot of stuff went for cheap across the AWD spectrum from games to iphones to tablets and everything else in between. The "glitch deal" lasted for maybe a couple of hours and fellow CAGs that were around during that time made out like a bandit. Below is the timeline leading up to the night and the deals that went down on that night.

Last edited by a moderator:
Tbh if you're just trying to play those rarer games and aren't collecting, there are really cheap repros on AliExpress of any game you'd want

Just wanted to post a quick update on the Chrono Trigger cartridge i did get. I can confirm it is a legit copy, also has the 1993 Nintendo stamp on the board. 

Still surprised they had it priced so low.

What are the chances my "Acceptable" PS4 game doesn't come with the original case? I can deal with no manual, shrink wrap, scuffs on case, etc...but really just care about the game running and the game having the original case.

The PSVR deal was good, but i already had one so I passed. I'm trying to find something worth buying.

The $210 Good to Very Good before tax switches may be a good deal for future Gamestop trade-ins. PS5 $300 trade in value??? Probably not if there's a new revision of Switch on the way.

Edit: Like New Xbox one Sports White controller for $33.82 before tax is nice.

I bit on the PSVR bundle. I already have one but it's a gen 1, going to sell it and the camera off to pay towards the 2nd gen, the HDR passthrough and single cable is much more convenient.

Amazon just delivered mine today, and when I went to open it up there was no disc inside. Does this happen often?
I've bought a lot of AWD items over the past 2 years. It's happened before, from missing discs to return fraud on amiibos (I received the correct amiibo box with an infinity character inside). I've always been able to return it. I use chat to make the return and let them know it's not a good item to cover my ass in case they hassle me.

I've bought a lot of AWD items over the past 2 years. It's happened before, from missing discs to return fraud on amiibos (I received the correct amiibo box with an infinity character inside). I've always been able to return it. I use chat to make the return and let them know it's not a good item to cover my ass in case they hassle me.
I just got off the chat with them. Amazon had arranged for a pickup (3-5 business days), and some one must be present at home for the pickup. I've never purchased anything from Amazon Warehouse before. Seems like too much of a headache just to save a few bucks. Thanks for the reply!

I just got off the chat with them. Amazon had arranged for a pickup (3-5 business days), and some one must be present at home for the pickup. I've never purchased anything from Amazon Warehouse before. Seems like too much of a headache just to save a few bucks. Thanks for the reply!
that's lame. I'm usually able to drop off returns at UPS stores for free when it's their mistake.

Anyone know how to get the extra 20% off to kick in on an Amazon Warehouse purchase for Earth Week? Is there a code or something?
As far as I can tell, it's not the entire Amazon Warehouse collection that qualifies for the 20% off for Earth Week, it's only select items. gospelman posted a link to most of them here: https://www.amazon.com/gp/browse.html?ref_=s9_acss_bw_cg_earth19_3a1_cta_w&node=17726621011&pf_rd_m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&pf_rd_s=merchandised-search-4&pf_rd_r=9MD1PJAK9BWF6QEJVJEV&pf_rd_t=101&pf_rd_p=f8c5ee37-f414-4659-834c-1115091443c1&pf_rd_i=10158976011&pldnSite=1

Don't know if this link points to a different collections of items, but this is what I found:

https://www.amazon.com/b/ref=s9_acss_bw_cg_earth19_3a1_cta_w?node=17726621011&pf_rd_m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&pf_rd_s=merchandised-search-4&pf_rd_r=S7KGWKYAQ0CYJJ50T87Z&pf_rd_t=101&pf_rd_p=f8c5ee37-f414-4659-834c-1115091443c1&pf_rd_i=10158976011

i dont know if they gave you a choice, but if you do the return yourself you can choose to just drop it off and return it free of charge. i just returned an item today and i didnt even have to print the label, amazon gave me a qr code for ups to scan and they printed it off right there.

i dont know if they gave you a choice, but if you do the return yourself you can choose to just drop it off and return it free of charge. i just returned an item today and i didnt even have to print the label, amazon gave me a qr code for ups to scan and they printed it off right there.
Yeah any time I've done a non-pickup return they just email me a QR code, UPS scans it prints the label and sends it off for me and the refund shows up once it gets back to the warehouse and processed in

My "like new" soul Calibur vi deluxe arrived without the game disc or season pass dlc code and the metal case was broken. Definitely returning. Was trying to gamble to get the season pass for cheap, but looks unreliable now.

I bit on the PSVR bundle. I already have one but it's a gen 1, going to sell it and the camera off to pay towards the 2nd gen, the HDR passthrough and single cable is much more convenient.
I did the same. Came brand new. Just missing the outer packaging wrapper for $144.

No games for me, but got a mini PC that was described as "like new, package damaged". It was brand new with the plastic seal around it torn slightly, so basically got it for 50% off plus used some Amazon Points for grand total of $86.

Mine arrived with a smushed corner, but was sealed. Otherwise looks great.
This seems to be how the bulk of them arrived at retail, it was pretty hard to find one in a good shape or that didn’t have a spider-wrap constricting the hell out of it.

Grats to those who got basically new PSVR.

My PSVR Astrobot/Moss bundle came. Item was definitely previously used ... thankfully gently although the box is pretty jacked up.

Moss key had already been redeemed, but I was able to get Amazon CSR to send a physical Moss disk (I had to order, then she fully refunded the order).

My Darksiders III: Apocalypse Edition just arrived and it's a dinger. Looks like it was never opened, and the content were packaged well enough that the dings didn't do any damage to the contents. Very happy with this one. :)

My Darksiders III: Apocalypse Edition just arrived and it's a dinger. Looks like it was never opened, and the content were packaged well enough that the dings didn't do any damage to the contents. Very happy with this one. :)
Damn I didn't even think about this one! How much was it altogether?

Ordered a "Like New" White Xbox Elite controller. Received a funky used grey/green controller in an Elite box (including the clamshell case with no accessories) with bonus additional funk all over the clamshell. Was really hoping for a dinger...

Ordered a "Like New" White Xbox Elite controller. Received a funky used grey/green controller in an Elite box (including the clamshell case with no accessories) with bonus additional funk all over the clamshell. Was really hoping for a dinger...
That’s what I was afraid of. Ordered one for $85 after the promo and the box was opened and had a ton of stickers on it, figured it was going to be terrible, or some generic controller inside, ended up looking like it was never touched. Came complete with all the extra parts and controller case. Tested all the buttons and everything is perfect.

I’ve had some terrible luck with AWD, but this last week I scored an $85 Roomba that was brand new, never opened, $14 Shadow of the Tomb raidersteelbook Edition that was new and sealed, and the opened $85 elite controller that was opened but apparently brand new.

The GPD XD that I ordered from Amazon Warehouse showed up today.  It was described as being sold in "like new" condition, and the system itself appeared to be just that.  The reason that I know is that it wasn't charged when I took it out of the box.  It looks great including the screen and the charger, so I'm excited.  It apparently has to charge for 5 hours before I can use it, so I might report back if there's anything wrong with it.  

As usual, the box looks like it was chewed by a rabid dog, but when you shop Amazon Warehouse, aesthetics are the first thing to go out the window.  

It didn't qualify for the Earth Week sale, but since it's not something that I'll find in a retail store, there was only one, and it will play GameCube games on the go (don't ask how), I figured what the hell.

AWD does it again, I purchased a “Yellow Submarine” vinyl for $8.50 and they sent me some random vinyl. Was about to return it until I decided to look it up and apparently it’s a numbered special edition and going for $65-$90 on eBay.

This one time their incompetence worked out in my favor.

As a follow-up to my previous post, the GPD XD kicks ass.  I'm still not sure that it's legal that it already had Happy Chick, PPSSPP, and Retroarch pre-loaded on its factory firmware, but that's another discussion for another day.  However, I've been unable to get it to connect to my home wi-fi, yet I doubt that it's a factory defect.  Probably a good thing since it is a Chinese-made device, and I am scared to use my Google Play account on it without going over to a custom firmware first.  But I am happy with my purchase so far.  I just had to tell someone.  :D/

As a follow-up to my previous post, the GPD XD kicks ass. I'm still not sure that it's legal that it already had Happy Chick, PPSSPP, and Retroarch pre-loaded on its factory firmware, but that's another discussion for another day. However, I've been unable to get it to connect to my home wi-fi, yet I doubt that it's a factory defect. Probably a good thing since it is a Chinese-made device, and I am scared to use my Google Play account on it without going over to a custom firmware first. But I am happy with my purchase so far. I just had to tell someone. :D/
I’ve never even heard of that thing but it looks sick, and it sounds like you got an ideal one already loaded. How much did you snag that for? I’m going to have to keep an eye out.

I’ve never even heard of that thing but it looks sick, and it sounds like you got an ideal one already loaded. How much did you snag that for? I’m going to have to keep an eye out.
Mine was a GPD XD Plus 2018 hardware version, and it was $189.66 before tax. If I could have gone for the 2019 hardware version, I would have, but you rarely see anything by GPD used on Amazon Warehouse, so I snapped up the 2018 as soon as it fell below $200.

AWD does it again, I purchased a “Yellow Submarine” vinyl for $8.50 and they sent me some random vinyl. Was about to return it until I decided to look it up and apparently it’s a numbered special edition and going for $65-$90 on eBay.

This one time their incompetence worked out in my favor.
Nice score! What was the one they sent?

Vinyl toys (Funko etc) are one of the biggest crapshoots on AWD - I used to constantly find pure gold for dirt cheap, but that was years ago and doesn't happen nearly as much anymore. And even if you do find something good, buying them from AWD means you'll be returning it most of the time for not being the correct item.

If it's a variant of some sort (or convention/store exclusive), I'd say 9 times out of 10 it's going to be the regular one instead of the cool one that's listed. If there are no variants or older/newer versions for the figure, you have a decent shot at getting the right one. Regardless, the box is going to almost always be trashed, although sometimes the ones listed in worse condition are actually the better ones. And if it's an awesome deal, I can live with a demolished box that's held together with tape (received more then 1 of those).

I"m not sure if the AWD employees who price and list are truly clueless and all the mislabeling is an accident, or if they're lazy and just price it according to the first thing they find that has a similar name, or if it's all done on purpose to try and get the most money without caring about how accurate it is. I think it is probably a mix of all of that mixed with a good serving of return fraud from buyers keeping the figure and putting something else in the box to return. But it's still worth it sometimes!

As a follow-up to my previous post, the GPD XD kicks ass. I'm still not sure that it's legal that it already had Happy Chick, PPSSPP, and Retroarch pre-loaded on its factory firmware, but that's another discussion for another day. However, I've been unable to get it to connect to my home wi-fi, yet I doubt that it's a factory defect. Probably a good thing since it is a Chinese-made device, and I am scared to use my Google Play account on it without going over to a custom firmware first. But I am happy with my purchase so far. I just had to tell someone. :D/
There's nothing wrong at all with the software, it's the ROMs that get into gray territory, and given that most of the stuff is older anyway nobody really cares anymore and most gamers want them out there if nothing else to preserve them. There's not telling how many old movies that are incredibly hard to find now because of rights and whatnot. Way I see it if these companies won't make it available for you to pay money on then there's not much other choice if you want to play older games. Especially rare ones.

I'm waiting for a part to arrive to complete an Amazon trade-in, but its shipment is late.  Anyone know how long I have to actually ship my trade-in before they'll cancel it or refuse to accept it?  I already printed the label before it disappears.

bread's done
Back