All Other console and handhelds

PC, Mac and Virtual Reality gaming:

:pc: PC
   Mac

iconcerv.png
  Virtual Reality Gaming

F.A.Q's
What is Amazon Warehouse Deals?
From Amazon: Get deep discounts on open-box, like-new, refurbished, or used products that are in good condition but do not meet Amazon.com's rigorous standards as "new".

Warehouse Deals is part of amazon that has open box, new but with damaged packaging product aka "dinger" and trade ins in generally like new condition. They are considered 3rd party by affiliation and as such the "Amazon Warehouse Deals" distinction but are still part of Amazon.

What is AmazonSmile?
From Amazon: AmazonSmile is a simple and automatic way for you to support your favorite charitable organization every time you shop, at no cost to you. When you shop at smile.amazon.com, you’ll find the exact same low prices, vast selection and convenient shopping experience as Amazon.com, with the added bonus that Amazon will donate a portion of the purchase price to your favorite charitable organization. You can choose from nearly one million organizations to support.

For more information follow the link below:

About AmazonSmile

Is the Amazon Warehouse Deals return policy the same as Amazon's return policy?
Yes! All purchases are eligible for Amazon customer service and 30 day return policy.

I'm using the games sort by console link, and the games will not sort by price properly. What is wrong?
You aren't doing anything wrong, the sort by price feature on Amazon is broken during restocks and or when pricing algorithm goes haywire. During those times, prices don't adjust and assimilate with the current inventory quickly enough to show the sorting as such

I'm waiting for a ps4, xb1, 360, ps3, 3ds, or PS Vita to pop up.. What time do they usually appear?
They can show up any time, the best way to find it is have the item tabbed on your browser, and download an auto refresh app and frequently check it, and or set alerts... Sometimes they will not pop up on amazon warehouse deals storefront, you will need to check the "used" section of the item

Why did all the prices of games randomly jump up?
Games on warehouse deals generally go on a cycle. They will get extremely low, great deals.. Then they will jump back up and restart the cycle of falling in price again.

I have a gaming credit and/or an Amazon gift card. Can both of these be applied to Warehouse Deals orders?
Gift cards can be applied to orders made on warehouse deals, however video game credit is only good for items shipped and sold by "amazon.com", warehouse deals does not count as this.

What was Penny Deals?
In early September of 2011, tons of newer release, more expensive games popped up for 1 penny each. Many CAG members placed orders, expecting them to get cancelled. Some were cancelled, however many CAGS got a large amount of games for a penny each. There has been no confirmation what exactly happened and why these games were sold for a penny.

What is this "glitch deals" that I keep hearing about in this thread?
On August 7th, 2014, AWD glitched out similar to how it did around penny deals, except lot of stuff went for cheap instead for a penny. The pricing algorithm went haywire and in the process lot of stuff went for cheap across the AWD spectrum from games to iphones to tablets and everything else in between. The "glitch deal" lasted for maybe a couple of hours and fellow CAGs that were around during that time made out like a bandit. Below is the timeline leading up to the night and the deals that went down on that night.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm waiting for a part to arrive to complete an Amazon trade-in, but its shipment is late. Anyone know how long I have to actually ship my trade-in before they'll cancel it or refuse to accept it? I already printed the label before it disappears.
You have actually quite a while. I've never had a problem sending in something 1 week late. In a few cases I've gotten things through 2+ weeks out but I imagine that's YMMV.

We used to have an Amz Trade-in thread around here, I imagine it's buried since people rarely contribute to it these days.

You have actually quite a while. I've never had a problem sending in something 1 week late. In a few cases I've gotten things through 2+ weeks out but I imagine that's YMMV.

We used to have an Amz Trade-in thread around here, I imagine it's buried since people rarely contribute to it these days.
I used to send things in a lot, but the amount of things they stopped taking, and the values both tanked simultaneously.

Finally got to check my orders that came while I was out of town. 'Good' condition Croft Edition Tomb Raider was brand new, unopened. Not bad for $18. The same condition AC Odyssey Gold Edition was a busted steelbook of AC Origins with no game inside. Can't win em all I guess. 🤷‍♂️

How does that shit even get sold? I once tried to trade in a collector's edition for some 3DS game and they sent it back to me because I didn't have the slipcase for the soundtrack CD. 

How does that shit even get sold?
There are at least 3 sources for AWD items:

1. customer returns of new amazon items and previous AWD listings
2. damaged new items
3. items processed through trade-in

An item with no game disc is pretty clearly a return that was inspected/processed poorly.

My AWD purchases from the recent sale were also about 50/50. My $155 PSVR bundle (headset only in beat up white box) and $18 Street Fighter V CE (standard edition only) had to go back.

I've never bought anything from Amazon Warehouse before until two weeks ago when I purchased Shadow of the Tomb Raider steel book from them with the 20% off.  Although the steel book case and artwork were all in perfect condition, there were no game disc inside.  Amazon wanted to send UPS by my house to pick up the package, but told me someone had to be at home for the next 3 business days for the pickup.  It was way too much trouble just to save a few dollars.  It seems like these kinds of things happen 50% of the time according to CAG members, so I'm not sure if buying games from them is worth all the trouble.

How does that shit even get sold? I once tried to trade in a collector's edition for some 3DS game and they sent it back to me because I didn't have the slipcase for the soundtrack CD.
Most trade-in inspectors don’t give a shit and some do. Unfortunately for us buyers, most don’t care at all, and just want high numbers, so they don’t inspect anything. Also lack of knowledge, most of these guys don’t really know what any of the trade ins actually are. If you’ve never played a video game in your life, and someone trade in shadow of the tomb raider, but someone sends another tomb raider, they’re unlikely to catch it.

I've never bought anything from Amazon Warehouse before until two weeks ago when I purchased Shadow of the Tomb Raider steel book from them with the 20% off. Although the steel book case and artwork were all in perfect condition, there were no game disc inside. Amazon wanted to send UPS by my house to pick up the package, but told me someone had to be at home for the next 3 business days for the pickup. It was way too much trouble just to save a few dollars. It seems like these kinds of things happen 50% of the time according to CAG members, so I'm not sure if buying games from them is worth all the trouble.
You definitely don’t need to wait home for 3 days, just initiate a return and drop it off at USPS or UPS. They give you a ton of return options. Amazon is the best at this, so if it’s difficult for you to return an item, its definitely on your end not theirs.

How are they with game consoles?   I'm seeing a few PS3s, as I need a new one since the HDMI port in my old one is busted(using component cables right now).   Curious as I have some credit to burn through and see a few listed ranging from good to acceptable, but no mention of anything missing.

How are they with game consoles? I'm seeing a few PS3s, as I need a new one since the HDMI port in my old one is busted(using component cables right now). Curious as I have some credit to burn through and see a few listed ranging from good to acceptable, but no mention of anything missing.
I got a PS4 through warehouse. Took 3 tries to get one that worked though.

Still don't regret it as it was dirt cheap for a PS4 at the time.

How are they with game consoles? I'm seeing a few PS3s, as I need a new one since the HDMI port in my old one is busted(using component cables right now). Curious as I have some credit to burn through and see a few listed ranging from good to acceptable, but no mention of anything missing.
Not to be a buzz kill, but look around locally

I found a slim PS3 for $15

I ordered a PS1 a few months ago that was supposed to include 2 Dual Shock controllers that was listed as Very Good. They sent me a Playstation Classic.

I once ordered a Disney Infinity figure from AWD for $3 and received a DS Lite. This is a true story from probably a year ago. I'm convinced they do not even look at their products. Sometimes works out, most times does not.

Ordered a 500GB superslim, got a sixaxis controller instead of DS3 and a missing hard drive. Don't know how that passed through their warehouse. But looks like I'll just grab one from GS instead, as those have warranties at least and not dealing with getting another potentially not as described system.

Not to be a buzz kill, but look around locally

I found a slim PS3 for $15
Not in my area. I've looked and the ones I've seen locally are wanting the same price GS charges or more for their dirty systems.

I once ordered a Disney Infinity figure from AWD for $3 and received a DS Lite. This is a true story from probably a year ago. I'm convinced they do not even look at their products. Sometimes works out, most times does not.
Holy shit, I'm going to start ordering cheap random junk that pops up (.80 or less) and hope I strike gold!!!

I ordered a Xbox One S with Battlefield 5 combo. It was listed as the item would have some cosmetic damage. With Prime shipping and tex it cost $197.xx shipped to me. When I received it the box was perfect, nothing had ever been taken out of the plastic but the game, codes, etc were already missing from it. I contacted customer service and they refunded me the cost of the game which was the deluxe edition for $45.xx so in the end I got a brand new Xbox One S for $150 shipped with tax. 

Truth be told I assumed that his might happen and I really wanted to play Forza Horizon 4 not Battlefield 5 but the cheaper deal was on Battlefield bundle. The money back for the missing game I recycled into getting the ultimate edition upgrade for Forza due to getting Game Pass for 6 months for $20 from a member on CAG. Great all around deal for one of the best racing games around. Also, I know that I can always sell the Xbox One for $150+ so the only potential loss is in the cost of the game.

Ordered a 500GB superslim, got a sixaxis controller instead of DS3 and a missing hard drive. Don't know how that passed through their warehouse. But looks like I'll just grab one from GS instead, as those have warranties at least and not dealing with getting another potentially not as described system.

Not in my area. I've looked and the ones I've seen locally are wanting the same price GS charges or more for their dirty systems.
Hi. Why not get a ps3 slim? I have a extra ps3 slim in great condition. Its the 320gb model. Pm me if u want me to take pictures.

I ordered a Xbox One S with Battlefield 5 combo. It was listed as the item would have some cosmetic damage. With Prime shipping and tex it cost $197.xx shipped to me. When I received it the box was perfect, nothing had ever been taken out of the plastic but the game, codes, etc were already missing from it. I contacted customer service and they refunded me the cost of the game which was the deluxe edition for $45.xx so in the end I got a brand new Xbox One S for $150 shipped with tax.

Truth be told I assumed that his might happen and I really wanted to play Forza Horizon 4 not Battlefield 5 but the cheaper deal was on Battlefield bundle. The money back for the missing game I recycled into getting the ultimate edition upgrade for Forza due to getting Game Pass for 6 months for $20 from a member on CAG. Great all around deal for one of the best racing games around. Also, I know that I can always sell the Xbox One for $150+ so the only potential loss is in the cost of the game.
Thats pretty good. Since they about to release the xbox one all digital with no blu ray drive, u think the demand be higher later for the disc base ones?

I got a gears of war 2tb red limited edition and wondering what it be going for later.

There's currently a number of :ps4: and :xb1: Div 2 gold steelbook ed.'s available with the 20% off around $25ish.  Thought about gambling for dinger / working code but nah, happy with the pc version

There's currently a number of :ps4: and :xb1: Div 2 gold steelbook ed.'s available with the 20% off around $25ish. Thought about gambling for dinger / working code but nah, happy with the pc version
I got a working code in the $30 AC Odyssey Gold that I got last 20% off. It can happen.

Of course the Like New DMC5 CE arrived with no game, shouldve expected with AWD crappy inspection. After seeing how shoddy this CE is, this is going back for good, I won't bother with a replacement

Sent from my SM-N950U1 using Tapatalk

Got my Persona Endless Night Collection “Like New” and it was still sealed. Although I hear some plastic pieces rattling around but since I got it for cheap I might just deal with it.

It's a hit or miss pass amazon warehouse was the wrong beats heaphones and wouldn't work either.
So they didn't even check it.
But I got a brandnew ring door bell for 50 bucks.
That was the best thing for the deals.

Got my Persona Endless Night Collection “Like New” and it was still sealed. Although I hear some plastic pieces rattling around but since I got it for cheap I might just deal with it.
Nice. I also got one in today ("good") and the dlc code is still live.

Also if you trade in the discs separately, they currently trade in for a decent chunk more than the collection right now.

It's a hit or miss pass amazon warehouse was the wrong beats heaphones and wouldn't work either.
So they didn't even check it.
But I got a brandnew ring door bell for 50 bucks.
That was the best thing for the deals.
Wow, definitely hit or miss. Just got my DMC 5 CE (PS4) in today for about $58 before tax. It was marked this condition:

Condition: Used - Good - Small mark on disk. Moderate cosmetic damage on item case.

The deluxe edition of the game was in the shipping box separate and is still in the shrinkwrap. The CE box was taped shut, this thing looks brand spankin new. Everything is still in plastic casing and looks like it has never been touched. I can't find any marks or cosmetic damage anywhere.

I don't even know if you can still get the deluxe edition of this game new, but I am very happy with this purchase. So excited to try this game!

Wow, definitely hit or miss. Just got my DMC 5 CE (PS4) in today for about $58 before tax. It was marked this condition:

Condition: Used - Good - Small mark on disk. Moderate cosmetic damage on item case.

The deluxe edition of the game was in the shipping box separate and is still in the shrinkwrap. The CE box was taped shut, this thing looks brand spankin new. Everything is still in plastic casing and looks like it has never been touched. I can't find any marks or cosmetic damage anywhere.

I don't even know if you can still get the deluxe edition of this game new, but I am very happy with this purchase. So excited to try this game!
Wtf mine didn't even shipped in a box, they just slapped shipping label on the CE box and shipped it out, even the game was missing.

Sent from my SM-N950U1 using Tapatalk

I recently took a chance on a “small mark on disc” SotN vinyl and it came sealed as well. When buying music, the only thing that ever gives me pause is whether I care about AutoRip or not. It would be nice if Amazon could work out a deal to include that with Warehouse Deals as well.

Is "acceptable" better than "good" when it comes to condition? Or is it all completely random?
Good is supposed to be better than acceptable. It can be fairly random. I have purchased items in "very good condition" that have been basically new, and have bought numerous items "like new" that looked like they came out of a war zone. I have learned to avoid anything in good or acceptable condition, but sometimes the description is accurate. Years ago I bought a lot because the descriptions were accurate. Over recent years I got tired of constantly having to repackage and return the crap they kept sending me.

I've bought acceptable that came like new. Sometimes like new will be missing something but the acceptable will have it. Very lucky of the draw

I agree it really varies. The last item I bought was listed as:

"Good - Small cosmetic imperfection on top, front or sides of item. Item will come in original packaging. Packaging will be damaged. "

It was brand new and never used with no damage, the outer box had been resealed.

I've bought acceptable that came like new. Sometimes like new will be something but the acceptable will have it. Very lucky of the draw
yep it is a complete crapshoot 9 times out of 10. The dinger descrips are usually right on the money though.

I hope Dying Light 2 is not getting cancelled it should be better than the first I spent hours on hours playing the first game like crazy

I ordered a few items with the 20% off for the first time in a while and the experience was not like back in the good ol days. The paper shredder I got was broken and didn’t turn on, and the iPad I ordered never even arrived it was marked as “damaged in transit”

I broke my "don't buy used controllers" rule and bought an Xbox One controller for Windows for $33 after the 20% off discount. Should've stuck to my rule. Missing the cable - which isn't that big of a deal, although it shouldn't be "Like New" if the name of the item is literally "Controller + Cable", you'd think they'd at a minimum verify those two things. But there was also the telltale sign of considerable use of a controller: caked in dirt in all the seams and crevices. And to top it off, it wasn't even the right controller - it was the old version of the XBox One controller w/o the 3.5mm audio jack - model number and serial number on the controller didn't match numbers on the box. Back it goes

Gross on the controller. I wouldn't ever buy something that is used a lot like controllers, keyboards, mice, headsets, etc. Possibly handheld systems too, but I bought a used Vita that was near new that was great so YMMV.

bread's done
Back