All Other console and handhelds

PC, Mac and Virtual Reality gaming:

:pc: PC
   Mac

iconcerv.png
  Virtual Reality Gaming

F.A.Q's
What is Amazon Warehouse Deals?
From Amazon: Get deep discounts on open-box, like-new, refurbished, or used products that are in good condition but do not meet Amazon.com's rigorous standards as "new".

Warehouse Deals is part of amazon that has open box, new but with damaged packaging product aka "dinger" and trade ins in generally like new condition. They are considered 3rd party by affiliation and as such the "Amazon Warehouse Deals" distinction but are still part of Amazon.

What is AmazonSmile?
From Amazon: AmazonSmile is a simple and automatic way for you to support your favorite charitable organization every time you shop, at no cost to you. When you shop at smile.amazon.com, you’ll find the exact same low prices, vast selection and convenient shopping experience as Amazon.com, with the added bonus that Amazon will donate a portion of the purchase price to your favorite charitable organization. You can choose from nearly one million organizations to support.

For more information follow the link below:

About AmazonSmile

Is the Amazon Warehouse Deals return policy the same as Amazon's return policy?
Yes! All purchases are eligible for Amazon customer service and 30 day return policy.

I'm using the games sort by console link, and the games will not sort by price properly. What is wrong?
You aren't doing anything wrong, the sort by price feature on Amazon is broken during restocks and or when pricing algorithm goes haywire. During those times, prices don't adjust and assimilate with the current inventory quickly enough to show the sorting as such

I'm waiting for a ps4, xb1, 360, ps3, 3ds, or PS Vita to pop up.. What time do they usually appear?
They can show up any time, the best way to find it is have the item tabbed on your browser, and download an auto refresh app and frequently check it, and or set alerts... Sometimes they will not pop up on amazon warehouse deals storefront, you will need to check the "used" section of the item

Why did all the prices of games randomly jump up?
Games on warehouse deals generally go on a cycle. They will get extremely low, great deals.. Then they will jump back up and restart the cycle of falling in price again.

I have a gaming credit and/or an Amazon gift card. Can both of these be applied to Warehouse Deals orders?
Gift cards can be applied to orders made on warehouse deals, however video game credit is only good for items shipped and sold by "amazon.com", warehouse deals does not count as this.

What was Penny Deals?
In early September of 2011, tons of newer release, more expensive games popped up for 1 penny each. Many CAG members placed orders, expecting them to get cancelled. Some were cancelled, however many CAGS got a large amount of games for a penny each. There has been no confirmation what exactly happened and why these games were sold for a penny.

What is this "glitch deals" that I keep hearing about in this thread?
On August 7th, 2014, AWD glitched out similar to how it did around penny deals, except lot of stuff went for cheap instead for a penny. The pricing algorithm went haywire and in the process lot of stuff went for cheap across the AWD spectrum from games to iphones to tablets and everything else in between. The "glitch deal" lasted for maybe a couple of hours and fellow CAGs that were around during that time made out like a bandit. Below is the timeline leading up to the night and the deals that went down on that night.

Last edited by a moderator:
my replacement paper shredder was also broken. 

But on a brighter note, my Ipad Pro replacement came in and looks mint, works perfect and is still under warranty. 

Gross on the controller. I wouldn't ever buy something that is used a lot like controllers, keyboards, mice, headsets, etc. Possibly handheld systems too, but I bought a used Vita that was near new that was great so YMMV.
I've bought a number of used controllers. Most I've gotten from awd have been near perfect and more often than not they've been great. A few times they've been a lil used but I just year it down and fully clean everything and then it's good as new

I broke my "don't buy used controllers" rule and bought an Xbox One controller for Windows for $33 after the 20% off discount. Should've stuck to my rule. Missing the cable - which isn't that big of a deal, although it shouldn't be "Like New" if the name of the item is literally "Controller + Cable", you'd think they'd at a minimum verify those two things. But there was also the telltale sign of considerable use of a controller: caked in dirt in all the seams and crevices. And to top it off, it wasn't even the right controller - it was the old version of the XBox One controller w/o the 3.5mm audio jack - model number and serial number on the controller didn't match numbers on the box. Back it goes
Don't buy used controllers.

Buy them on Black Friday brand new for $35-40 apiece.

No one remembers the great ps4 pro controller sale a while back where they had them new and the packaging was just dented?

No one remembers the great ps4 pro controller sale a while back where they had them new and the packaging was just dented?
I do, they had about 1000 or so lol. I got 3 myself. I read somewhere that a company ordered too many DualShock 4s and had no way to return them, so they just traded them in on amazon to recoup costs. So they all popped up on warehouse deals rated like new but were actually new and sealed

I do, they had about 1000 or so lol. I got 3 myself. I read somewhere that a company ordered too many DualShock 4s and had no way to return them, so they just traded them in on amazon to recoup costs. So they all popped up on warehouse deals rated like new but were actually new and sealed
yep, me too. They were also the updated ones also IIRC. Still have mine along side my Spiderman red one.

Amazon's condition listing still seems to be all over the place.  Ordered the Lego Ninjago Movie Videogame(PS4) for $6.03 and Shadow of the Tomb Raider(X1) for $15.22 from them. 

Ninjago was listed as acceptable, but came with everything and only had a slight cut to the plastic cover on the back of the case.  Shadow of the Tomb Raider was listed as Like New, which had everything but the disc was covered in fingerprints.  Which after cleaning off, installed perfectly fine.

I bought a 4k Apple TV with the 20% discount (for 107.xx) and while the box was opened, the actual TV appears to be brand new as it had the original plastic covering the inputs in the back. 

Got lucky, and a really good deal at that.

I bought a 4k Apple TV with the 20% discount (for 107.xx) and while the box was opened, the actual TV appears to be brand new as it had the original plastic covering the inputs in the back.

Got lucky, and a really good deal at that.
Have you done any gaming with it? I was interested in it for gaming, but I noticed that lots of iOS games aren't compatible with it.

Have you done any gaming with it? I was interested in it for gaming, but I noticed that lots of iOS games aren't compatible with it.
I do light gaming on my Apple TV 4K and it was great. Now that Apple Arcade is out, it’s phenomenal. Well worth the $5 a month. The games are surprisingly well made and a ton of them work with the DualShock 4.

They also release new games like once a week.

I never thought I’d be excited about Apple gaming, and all the sudden it came out of nowhere and it’s awesome. Being able to use the DualShock is huge, and playing some of the games on the go on iPhone is a bonus. The games are so much easier to just pick up and play. I know I sound like a commercial but I’m actually pumped on it haha.

I do light gaming on my Apple TV 4K and it was great. Now that Apple Arcade is out, it’s phenomenal. Well worth the $5 a month. The games are surprisingly well made and a ton of them work with the DualShock 4.

They also release new games like once a week.

I never thought I’d be excited about Apple gaming, and all the sudden it came out of nowhere and it’s awesome. Being able to use the DualShock is huge, and playing some of the games on the go on iPhone is a bonus. The games are so much easier to just pick up and play. I know I sound like a commercial but I’m actually pumped on it haha.
That's great. I was considering an Apple TV because of this deal, but I'm still trying to decide between throwing that money at a Switch or an Apple TV. I already have a Shield TV, and it appears that most of the games that are on Apple TV are already available on Shield TV. Other than Sonic Racing, what's worth it on Apple Arcade? I just noticed that most of the iOS games that I would like to play aren't available on Apple TV (Neon Chrome, Rogue Legacy, and Stardew Valley among others).

Ordered a Fallout 76 Power Armor Edition a few weeks ago for $37.20 in Used - Acceptable condition. No bag or figurines and the steelbook was in rough shape, but I just wanted the helmet (with silica gel) so I was happy.

I also ordered Rage 2 CE in Used - Acceptable condition for $51.19, so I could sell the game and keep the stupid Ruckus head. Package was delayed, then overnighted from Memphis to Phoenix via UPS and when I received it there was printer toner in the box instead (I thought maybe the labels got mixed up but nope, the FBA label said toner). They immediately shipped another copy from a Phoenix fulfillment center this time, and when I opened that one all that was in there was the Ruckus head and batteries, no game, poster, or steelbook. I started the return on the 8th and they received it on the 15th, but I'm still sitting at "We are expecting your return. We are processing your replacement order." status.

That's great. I was considering an Apple TV because of this deal, but I'm still trying to decide between throwing that money at a Switch or an Apple TV. I already have a Shield TV, and it appears that most of the games that are on Apple TV are already available on Shield TV. Other than Sonic Racing, what's worth it on Apple Arcade? I just noticed that most of the iOS games that I would like to play aren't available on Apple TV (Neon Chrome, Rogue Legacy, and Stardew Valley among others).
Almost every game I’ve downloaded so far have been awesome, aside from the generic big name games like Frogger and Pac-Man which were just decent.

Some of my favorites so far:

- What the Golf
- Oceanhorn 2
- Chu Chu Universe
- Skate City
- Sonic Racing
- Rayman Mini
- Cat Quest 2
- Lego Brawls
- Neo Cab
- Exit the Gungeon
- Card of Darkness
- Balistic Baseball
- Stela
- Inmost

Those are the few I’ve played so far and they’ve all been amazing. I feel like I’ve barely scratched the surface, and if they keep releasing them at the same rate that they have, I’ll never catch up.

It’s beyond worth the $5 IMO, and I was extremely skeptical at first.

Keep in mind too, just because some of these games might be on other platform, the Apple Arcade versions have ZERO in app purchases. They all include the full experience. No Apple Arcade game will ever have in app purchases of any kind.

So obviously I think it’s well worth it, but this is coming from someone that already has an Apple TV 4K and an iPhone, so it wasn’t any extra hardware cost to me. If you already have an iPhone I’d say 100% go for it, but if you JUST plan to play on Apple TV, that’s a toss up. You could always return it if you didn’t enjoy it enough, and the first month of Apple Arcade is free, so there’s also no cost to try it out.

Almost every game I’ve downloaded so far have been awesome, aside from the generic big name games like Frogger and Pac-Man which were just decent.

Some of my favorites so far:

- What the Golf
- Oceanhorn 2
- Chu Chu Universe
- Skate City
- Sonic Racing
- Rayman Mini
- Cat Quest 2
- Lego Brawls
- Neo Cab
- Exit the Gungeon
- Card of Darkness
- Balistic Baseball
- Stela
- Inmost

Those are the few I’ve played so far and they’ve all been amazing. I feel like I’ve barely scratched the surface, and if they keep releasing them at the same rate that they have, I’ll never catch up.

It’s beyond worth the $5 IMO, and I was extremely skeptical at first.

Keep in mind too, just because some of these games might be on other platform, the Apple Arcade versions have ZERO in app purchases. They all include the full experience. No Apple Arcade game will ever have in app purchases of any kind.

So obviously I think it’s well worth it, but this is coming from someone that already has an Apple TV 4K and an iPhone, so it wasn’t any extra hardware cost to me. If you already have an iPhone I’d say 100% go for it, but if you JUST plan to play on Apple TV, that’s a toss up. You could always return it if you didn’t enjoy it enough, and the first month of Apple Arcade is free, so there’s also no cost to try it out.
I appreciate your thorough response. I got up this morning with the intention of getting a new model Switch from Target, but I've decided to wait on that. Then, I counted all of my PS4 and Xbox One physical games again as a way of slapping myself back to reality. But the Apple TV is looking like a pretty decent value proposition from the way that you describe it. And outside of Apple Arcade, I'm sure that the games are cheaper than Switch in many cases, and access to the movie and TV deals on the Apple Store is probably fairly decent too. I'm going to give this some thought. Do you have the 32 gb model or the 64 gb model?

Ordered Lego the Hobbit for Wii U in Used- Acceptable and Left Alive for Ps4 in Used- Good last week for around $5 each, which both came today. 

Lego the Hobbit was complete, only thing I noticed was decent amount of dust on the disc.  Left Alive is the weird one though.  As it was listed as used, but was sealed brand new although the disc was loose in the case.

Makes me wonder if they're just listing the stuff in random conditions, as it seems like a gamble on what you'll get.

Just ordered an "acceptable" Sega Genesis Mini for $51.62 shipped with the 20% off included and the slowest shipping.  Since I'm planning to hack it, I'm not too worried about the condition of the box, but I'm keeping my fingers crossed.

Decided to wait on the Apple TV.  After a little research, I decided that there weren't enough dedicated apps for the thing that weren't on the Shield TV that I already own, Apple Arcade would be an ongoing expense that I wasn't able to commit to, and I have enough media to consume with my current subscriptions.  So I might get one someday.

I appreciate your thorough response. I got up this morning with the intention of getting a new model Switch from Target, but I've decided to wait on that. Then, I counted all of my PS4 and Xbox One physical games again as a way of slapping myself back to reality. But the Apple TV is looking like a pretty decent value proposition from the way that you describe it. And outside of Apple Arcade, I'm sure that the games are cheaper than Switch in many cases, and access to the movie and TV deals on the Apple Store is probably fairly decent too. I'm going to give this some thought. Do you have the 32 gb model or the 64 gb model?
I got the 64GB model, but I got a really good deal on it. I’m glad I did because at the time I had no real intention to DL a ton of games for it. You could get by with 32GB for sure, but you’d definitely have to be more selective about what you keep on it, like anything else.

I got the 64GB model, but I got a really good deal on it. I’m glad I did because at the time I had no real intention to DL a ton of games for it. You could get by with 32GB for sure, but you’d definitely have to be more selective about what you keep on it, like anything else.
Thanks for the reply. I didn't go with the 32 gb even when it was cheap because everyone on the Apple TV Reddit said it wouldn't be enough space for anyone who plays games. Perhaps I will consider the 64 gb when I finally do decide to pull the trigger.

Amazon sucks ass. Ordered a pair of Gunnar's the other day for $10 or so from AWD. I know it's always hit or miss but like they don't even try anymore. Got the glasses, shipped by themselves, in nothing but a bubble mailer. Obviously glasses were busted. They so dumb. Back in the heyday they'd have at least used a small box or something but this is just embarrassing

Remember a decade ago when WHD had items at substantial discounts, almost everything was almost in mint condition, and you could browse the prices from low to high?

Pepperidge Farm remembers.
Gahhh I do. I still remember the bi-yearly glitch sales from years ago during the DS2U days in which I'd splurge and spend like $60 and end up with hundreds of dollars of games and consoles in mint condition. Amazon giveth and Amazon taketh away

Gahhh I do. I still remember the bi-yearly glitch sales from years ago during the DS2U days in which I'd splurge and spend like $60 and end up with hundreds of dollars of games and consoles in mint condition. Amazon giveth and Amazon taketh away
Yeah. And back then they had low free shipping, with the occasional account credits if you did the no rush shipping. I miss it.

If there is a higher quantity of an item at a selected condition grade, is that a better indicator that the item is a "dinger" (i.e. if I add a "very good" item to my cart and it says 4 available for example)?

If there is a higher quantity of an item at a selected condition grade, is that a better indicator that the item is a "dinger" (i.e. if I add a "very good" item to my cart and it says 4 available for example)?
Depends.

For older items, I stay away from high quantities, since those are likely batches of trade ins that have been graded.

For newer items like the genesis mini, they almost all tend to be dingers anyway.

Then you have the outliers like the 200 or so copies of need for speed...Or the 1000+ DualShock 4s from a few years back that were all dingers.

I tend to go for small quantities for everything really. Back in the day it used to be much easier to find dingers because almost anything that had the description “packaging may be damaged” was one.

Well my genesis mini that I got for 53.xx is a dinger, everything inside is sealed just the corner of the box is dented.
My "acceptable" Genesis Mini showed up in the mail today. The flap that closed the box was torn and then re-taped. But everything inside was sealed and untouched. My only complaint is that they slapped the Amazon Warehouse sticker over the box art on the back that showed the original covers for all of the included games. The packaging looks very nice, so I might find a way to slowly remove the sticker.

The guys who worked on the hacks for the NES, Super NES, and PlayStation minis are getting closer to hacking the Genesis mini. It's coming any day now, and they've been providing weekly updates about their progress. But I'll be good with 42 games that are already loaded onto it for now. So it was a great purchase for $51.62.

And I wish GameStop would adopt a similar pricing strategy with its used items.

If you’re in the iOS ecosystem an ATV IS a no brainer. If you’re not just stick to your shield

Haven't bought anything from AWD in long time. Kinda want to play the new Soul Calibur 6 so decided to check AWD with some good findings that you guys are reporting. Went with an acceptable condition of Soul Calibur 6 deluxe. Outer paper sleeves is not so great, but steelbook is prestined and season pass still good.

I got my LDK vertical system from Amazon Warehouse yesterday.  If people are unfamiliar with the LDK, it's a Chinese-made system that runs on the Dingoo/Dingux OS that allows you to emulate other systems and play original homebrew games that were developed in Dingux.  It's the older model (the newer version is horizontal and has an analog nub for controls).

https://www.amazon.com/Basde-Handheld-Console-Memory-Children/dp/B07S48ZXWB/ref=sxbs_sxwds-stvp?keywords=ldk&pd_rd_i=B07S48ZXWB&pd_rd_r=0af03cff-ef72-4327-9657-a149e5ed83e1&pd_rd_w=OkOym&pd_rd_wg=CTBFn&pf_rd_p=a6d018ad-f20b-46c9-8920-433972c7d9b7&pf_rd_r=B2H8RZWTQMJKG7SCGWSP&qid=1573315338

Anyway, the "acceptable" one that I received had definitely been used, and there were a few light scratches and one prominent nick on the left side of the screen.  The manual was also missing.  But it was a lot cheaper than it might have been if I had ordered it new from China.  

The funny part is that it had already been updated with custom firmware, emulators up to the PS1 were already installed, and the previous owner had also installed about 60 different homebrew games on it, most of which were variants of games that already exist such as Boulder Dash, Cave Story, Doom, Mr. Driller, and Streets of Rage.  

So the point of this story is that I'm happy.  :bouncy:

Definitely still all over the place with condition listing.  Ordered Onimusha for PS4 for $12.32 and Crackdown 3 on Xbox One for $8.99, which both were listed as acceptable.   Onimusha came with it's case and was fine, so definitely in better condition than listed.   Crackdown 3 was exactly as listed though, disc only in one of those 2 disc slim cases.  

Which $8.99 isn't bad for Crackdown 3, although I was hoping that it might have a generic XB1 case at least.  Now wondering if I should just trade it into GS and make my money back & a little more(if the TIVs are right) or keep it for now.

The extra 20% off is applying to several select Amazon Warehouse items again. 

This morning, I ordered the last "acceptable" 64 gb Apple TV for $119.40 and the last "acceptable" Hori Commander Xbox One controller for $21.84.  With free shipping, I won't get them until after Thanksgiving, but it seemed to be an awesome deal, so I went for it.  The Apple TV should be a good buy because a lot of apps go on sale for 99 cents around the holidays, and the Hori Commander should be good for Street Fighter since I don't have the room for another arcade joystick.

In other news, I had a spirited back and forth chat with a customer service associate and his supervisor after I did not receive the $10 promotional credit that Amazon is supposedly giving back to its customers who reload their Amazon gift card balances with $100 during Black Friday week.  I went back and forth with the associate for 20 minutes before I asked for his supervisor who added the $10 credit after about 30 seconds.

That is why it pays to stick to your guns.   :twoguns:

Picked up an Old Model Switch for about $220 after taxes and 20% disocunt. Condition - Good, but the description isn't that bad. Won't really be playing it much in portable mode, so battery not really an issue. Still, a bit nervous about it being used.  Tempted to cancel is and wait for a better deal on a new model. 

Is Amazon fairly easy to work with if the condition isn't as good?  I've done a few returns / refunds, but it's been awhile and I don't think it's even close to the banned limit.  Just don't want this to be a headache.  I mainly want the Switch for Animal Crossing, so waiting isn't an issue.  But Nintendo stuff hardly gets discounted

The extra 20% off is applying to several select Amazon Warehouse items again.

This morning, I ordered the last "acceptable" 64 gb Apple TV for $119.40 and the last "acceptable" Hori Commander Xbox One controller for $21.84. With free shipping, I won't get them until after Thanksgiving, but it seemed to be an awesome deal, so I went for it. The Apple TV should be a good buy because a lot of apps go on sale for 99 cents around the holidays, and the Hori Commander should be good for Street Fighter since I don't have the room for another arcade joystick.

In other news, I had a spirited back and forth chat with a customer service associate and his supervisor after I did not receive the $10 promotional credit that Amazon is supposedly giving back to its customers who reload their Amazon gift card balances with $100 during Black Friday week. I went back and forth with the associate for 20 minutes before I asked for his supervisor who added the $10 credit after about 30 seconds.

That is why it pays to stick to your guns. :twoguns:
I also ordered "acceptable" 64 gb Apple TV for $119.40. Seems like a good price.

Is the 20% a code or automatic? Trying to find some stuff that applies.
Qualifying items will mention it below the price after the "Free shipping if you spend $25" note. Going through their listings, it mostly seems to be for systems, controllers and newer games that qualify.

Picked up an Old Model Switch for about $220 after taxes and 20% disocunt. Condition - Good, but the description isn't that bad. Won't really be playing it much in portable mode, so battery not really an issue. Still, a bit nervous about it being used. Tempted to cancel is and wait for a better deal on a new model.

Is Amazon fairly easy to work with if the condition isn't as good? I've done a few returns / refunds, but it's been awhile and I don't think it's even close to the banned limit. Just don't want this to be a headache. I mainly want the Switch for Animal Crossing, so waiting isn't an issue. But Nintendo stuff hardly gets discounted
I'll be honest. I have the new model Switch, and if you don't play in handheld mode very much, you probably won't notice the difference in the battery life between the old model and the new model. Might possibly have light scratches on the screen if it actually was used. Or you might get lucky and get one that was opened and repackaged. With Amazon Warehouse, it's a crapshoot every time. Still, I think that you got a good deal if you're not picky.

I also ordered "acceptable" 64 gb Apple TV for $119.40. Seems like a good price.
The 32 gb model was going for more than that before the 20% discount, and I had been watching the 64 gb Apple TVs for about a month or so to see if they would ever discount them. As others had told me, buying a 32 gb was going to be a bad idea for a gamer. Best of all, you can sync your PlayStation 4 or Xbox One controller to the Apple TV now after the last update. So I went for it like you did.

bread's done
Back