All Other console and handhelds

PC, Mac and Virtual Reality gaming:

:pc: PC
   Mac

iconcerv.png
  Virtual Reality Gaming

F.A.Q's
What is Amazon Warehouse Deals?
From Amazon: Get deep discounts on open-box, like-new, refurbished, or used products that are in good condition but do not meet Amazon.com's rigorous standards as "new".

Warehouse Deals is part of amazon that has open box, new but with damaged packaging product aka "dinger" and trade ins in generally like new condition. They are considered 3rd party by affiliation and as such the "Amazon Warehouse Deals" distinction but are still part of Amazon.

What is AmazonSmile?
From Amazon: AmazonSmile is a simple and automatic way for you to support your favorite charitable organization every time you shop, at no cost to you. When you shop at smile.amazon.com, you’ll find the exact same low prices, vast selection and convenient shopping experience as Amazon.com, with the added bonus that Amazon will donate a portion of the purchase price to your favorite charitable organization. You can choose from nearly one million organizations to support.

For more information follow the link below:

About AmazonSmile

Is the Amazon Warehouse Deals return policy the same as Amazon's return policy?
Yes! All purchases are eligible for Amazon customer service and 30 day return policy.

I'm using the games sort by console link, and the games will not sort by price properly. What is wrong?
You aren't doing anything wrong, the sort by price feature on Amazon is broken during restocks and or when pricing algorithm goes haywire. During those times, prices don't adjust and assimilate with the current inventory quickly enough to show the sorting as such

I'm waiting for a ps4, xb1, 360, ps3, 3ds, or PS Vita to pop up.. What time do they usually appear?
They can show up any time, the best way to find it is have the item tabbed on your browser, and download an auto refresh app and frequently check it, and or set alerts... Sometimes they will not pop up on amazon warehouse deals storefront, you will need to check the "used" section of the item

Why did all the prices of games randomly jump up?
Games on warehouse deals generally go on a cycle. They will get extremely low, great deals.. Then they will jump back up and restart the cycle of falling in price again.

I have a gaming credit and/or an Amazon gift card. Can both of these be applied to Warehouse Deals orders?
Gift cards can be applied to orders made on warehouse deals, however video game credit is only good for items shipped and sold by "amazon.com", warehouse deals does not count as this.

What was Penny Deals?
In early September of 2011, tons of newer release, more expensive games popped up for 1 penny each. Many CAG members placed orders, expecting them to get cancelled. Some were cancelled, however many CAGS got a large amount of games for a penny each. There has been no confirmation what exactly happened and why these games were sold for a penny.

What is this "glitch deals" that I keep hearing about in this thread?
On August 7th, 2014, AWD glitched out similar to how it did around penny deals, except lot of stuff went for cheap instead for a penny. The pricing algorithm went haywire and in the process lot of stuff went for cheap across the AWD spectrum from games to iphones to tablets and everything else in between. The "glitch deal" lasted for maybe a couple of hours and fellow CAGs that were around during that time made out like a bandit. Below is the timeline leading up to the night and the deals that went down on that night.

Last edited by a moderator:
Just bought Cyberpunk 2077 X1 twice during the recent 20% off sale. First copy arrived with the center spindle of disk 1 melted. The 2nd copy arrived with only disk 2 included. Surprisingly, they both did arrive with all bonus goodies intact. I guess I am not destined to have this game...at least from AWD. Hoping Amazon doesn't give me any grief about returning them both.

How often are dingers now?  I was looking into getting a stationary bike and the description for VG is Item will come in original packaging. Packaging will be damaged.

Dingers wise I got in on the ps5 controller dinger set when those were on sale.  As usual it's a complete crap shoot especially with a vague description like that. Best indication of a dinger in my experience is when it says small mark x/x small mark on this or that and details of the length. 

I don't see a Prime Day general thread but this kinda works? How are the deals on micro SD cards? I haven't been actively following micro SD card prices, and I know it's common for them to raise prices right before they go on "sale".

https://www.amazon.com/deal/3800cf3f?

Specifically how's the 512 GB sandisk for $56?
https://www.amazon.com/SanDisk-256GB-MicroSDXC-Memory-Adapter/dp/B08GXXKY6P

Running out of space on the Switch, should I just try to hold out until Black Friday?
512gb for $56 is an awesome deal. I'm pretty sure that's the lowest I've seen it. I have a 400 gb that's full so it's tempting, but kinda holding out for a 1tb card for under a $100. But my digital collection is embarrassingly large

512gb for $56 is an awesome deal. I'm pretty sure that's the lowest I've seen it. I have a 400 gb that's full so it's tempting, but kinda holding out for a 1tb card for under a $100. But my digital collection is embarrassingly large
How many games do you have on the 400 gb card by chance? I've still mainly been getting physical carts, but been thinking of slowly going digital. Not sure if I should just get a 256 or 400 for now since I kinda want a 1tb card to hit sub $100 too.

How many games do you have on the 400 gb card by chance? I've still mainly been getting physical carts, but been thinking of slowly going digital. Not sure if I should just get a 256 or 400 for now since I kinda want a 1tb card to hit sub $100 too.
Oh I have a bunch. I recently deleted some stuff I hadn't played in a while. It fills up quickly if you buy Nintendo games digitally, like Zelda BotW is like 15gb, but if it is mainly for digital only games/indies, then 400gb is probably enough.

25% off select warehouse items for prime day.
I -almost- purchased the Hori Mario Kart Wheel and the 8bitdo arcade stick yesterday -- with the discount, they'd have been $60 each. However, I just couldn't get myself to do it...

For $40, I'd have grabbed them... and while $60 is a good discount, I don't think I use either one enough to justify it.

I did grab one of the 8bitdo Sega-style 6 button bluetooth controllers for $20, though.

I bought a 1TB surveillance hard drive for $30 and a wifi flushmount light fixture for $25. There are a LOT of likely dingers all over the place. Steelseries Arctis 9X headset, retail $199, is cosmetic damage for $108 after promo. For something I literally can't see while using it's pretty tempting.

I did grab one of the 8bitdo Sega-style 6 button bluetooth controllers for $20, though.
Ooooo, that's a good get. I have one of those pads, and it's one of my favorite ways to play older games on my switch. The slightly mushier round D-Pad has that great classic Sega feel. That combined with the 6-button layout makes it a fantastic fighting-game pad.

I passed on the aracde stick as well. Partially because I have the original 8-bitdo arcade stick. I will likely eventually get the new, upgraded arcade stick, the 2.4 Ghz support for it is very tempting. But I'll likely wait until after the Analogue Duo comes out.

The gaming deals for Prime day have been hit and miss, and mainly miss. Not very steep discounts, and what has been there has been sparse. Some of the smaller publishers seem to be getting into it at least. I picked up a copy of CrossCode from Inin, and they have another game going up for sale later today. I had to settle for the PS4 version of CrossCode, as the Switch version had already sold out.

Gah, you're right about that.  Does seem early since it was tied to prime day.  There's also been a couple past 20% promos that were reactivated for a short period, so it may return.

My "very good" warehouse Mario Kart deluxe wheel came in, and scratches & scuffs are all over it. I question their grading process sometimes

Bought two 980 Pro 2TB ssd's this week.  One Acceptable ($212), one Good ($218).  Found it strange that a newer, in-demand item got the 25% markdown, but not complaining.  Hoping for the best since they will make one glorious 4tb raid0 array.

Between missing out on the LE restock on Iffy and Gamestop still hasn't fulfilled my $30 copy, I ended up getting a Very Good copy of Death End Re;Quest 2 for $34.49 after discount.

Everything in good shape except for a light crease on a small part of cover art.

Sent from my SM-N970U1 using Tapatalk

Getting Returnal for for $35, GodFall Ultimate edition for $22, and Sakuna Special edition (PS4) for $36 was pretty awesome, all codes worked too.   I hope it, comes back because I really want to get a few more things that I was hesitant about.

Also wish I saw death end re;quest 2.

I always refrained form buying used/returned hard drives as my precious oclus pron needs to be safe... Maybe someday once they replace all the workers with robots they will add pictures of the individual lot so you can see exact condition  :oldman:

I've mostly ordered amiibos from warehouse, so typically they include the (opened) original packaging which seems kind of unnecessary. 

I always refrained form buying used/returned hard drives
This was especially true during the period of magnetic drives. But with a ssd, as soon as I get an AWD shipment I can put the drive into a test bench system and run CrystalDiskInfo. I'll know right away how many times the drive has been powered on, total hours of use, and any way the drive might be less than 100% healthy.

This was especially true during the period of magnetic drives. But with a ssd, as soon as I get an AWD shipment I can put the drive into a test bench system and run CrystalDiskInfo. I'll know right away how many times the drive has been powered on, total hours of use, and any way the drive might be less than 100% healthy.
Wow that's super cool. Does that work with a PC internal SSD/HDD as well?

Awesome! A computer I got from the 25% off is coming this weekend so I will use that to test. I appreciate it
cpu-z would be another free utility to grab. pulls cpu / motherboard / ram info. Also has a tab that lets you stress / load all cpu threads.
If I bought a prebuilt off awd I would be pretty wary that someone previously swapped out an component then returned.

cpu-z would be another free utility to grab. pulls cpu / motherboard / ram info. Also has a tab that lets you stress / load all cpu threads.
If I bought a prebuilt off awd I would be pretty wary that someone previously swapped out an component then returned.
That's definitely my fear. I actually grabbed two fully expecting to need to return one of them. The deal was too good to pass up and have needed a new work computer for awhile now. Hopefully it's not a total disaster. One of the descriptions sounded like a dinger, but I feel like the descriptions have been way off lately.

saw some series S consoles pop up for under MSRP, first time i have seen that. $245 for acceptable, $270 for G, $282 for VG

Good advice!

Received my prime day warehouse order for the gold edition of Watchdogs Legion, steelbook has two large, very noticeable dents in the front, other than that the code is valid and disc looks okay.  Contemplating whether I should keep though since it's pretty banged up.

Also got a 8bitdo pro+ controller with some slight marks here and there, plus I'm almost sure it's been used a good bit too.  

At least you got a steelbook. My order came today, standard edition, no steelbook or anything. Oh well, at least the return process is easy.

Received my prime day warehouse order for the gold edition of Watchdogs Legion, steelbook has two large, very noticeable dents in the front, other than that the code is valid and disc looks okay. Contemplating whether I should keep though since it's pretty banged up.

Also got a 8bitdo pro+ controller with some slight marks here and there, plus I'm almost sure it's been used a good bit too.

Do PS Vita’s ever show up anymore? I’ve checked around the used market and most are either $250, or in pretty terrible shape. I wonder if GameStop ever gets them either…

Wow it’s been a while then. I guess I’ll just have to spend a decent bit for one in good condition on eBay.
I would ask in the vita thread the best route to take. But from what I remember it's to import a new one from amazon jpn sellers last I recall it being brought up. I regret not getting a second vita before the prices skyrocketed for a backup. But at least I have my vita tv for worst case scenario.

Mercari and ebay wise if you do decide to go those routes then wait for a promo coupon would be my suggestion.

I would ask in the vita thread the best route to take. But from what I remember it's to import a new one from amazon jpn sellers last I recall it being brought up. I regret not getting a second vita before the prices skyrocketed for a backup. But at least I have my vita tv for worst case scenario.

Mercari and ebay wise if you do decide to go those routes then wait for a promo coupon would be my suggestion.
That’s a good point, those seem a LOT cheaper and in way better condition, and if hacking there’s no difference as far as I can see, thanks!

Ended up buying and returning a US Vita 1001 for $165 that showed up cracked, and I kept hitting O instead of X because I guess on handhelds I’m used to the Switch now for menus. So I ended ordering a Japanese Vita 1000 and a 2000 off eBay for $120 each that are mint, the photos make them look brand new. In case anyone else was considering one, definitely check there, they’re WAY cheaper and cleaner.

Yeah, it was from AWD and it was $5 higher.

I didn't know Razer products break easily.....I ordered a Razer Ultimate that just arrived. I shoulda did a little more research but hopefully I'll be ok.

Yeah the two razer products I've owned (mice) were 0/2 in terms of durability.  I don't think it's any coincidence that awd is bloated with returned razer items.  That said, I've never tried their controllers and the wolverine you linked looks really nice for ~$35 shipped.

After 9 months have having the Amazon Warehouse Wii console tab open I have finally got a Wii console back! (I sold my original wii and 3DS to amazon and had trade-in remorse sometime last year...)

H6ykXGQ.png

bread's done
Back