Amazon Wharehouse deals $2.18 anime (new, not used)

scarface333

CAGiversary!
Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Meraxis']Hey I don't know if anyone has posted this yet or if I just got lucky but I ordered the regular vol 4 of Lucky Star and I just got it and it was actually the limited edition. Again not sure if this was just me being lucky or if they messed up on the listing.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='Refluxx']Anyone else happen to order the regular edition and get the limited? If so I'm all over it! :D[/QUOTE]

Woah, question seconded!

Found Gurren Lagann Vol 3 at my used game/movie store today for ~$9! I picked it up even though its sub only because its apparently like $60-$70 used. I guess I'll probably end up getting the Vol.2 w/sub only so I will have the entire series, even though I really want the matching set with english dub. I suppose I could always pick up the anime legends set to throw in there, but thats just not the same. :cry:

[quote name='Refluxx']Found Gurren Lagann Vol 3 at my used game/movie store today for ~$9! I picked it up even though its sub only because its apparently like $60-$70 used. I guess I'll probably end up getting the Vol.2 w/sub only so I will have the entire series, even though I really want the matching set with english dub. I suppose I could always pick up the anime legends set to throw in there, but thats just not the same. :cry:[/QUOTE]

Bit late for you, but for anyone else wanting to take a chance on Deepdiscount, they have volume 3 for under $30. Bit of a gamble, considering some have had issues with them before though.

[quote name='kitsunisan']Bit late for you, but for anyone else wanting to take a chance on Deepdiscount, they have volume 3 for under $30. Bit of a gamble, considering some have had issues with them before though.[/QUOTE]

Are those the seperate dvds with english dubs?

EDIT:
Says that they are all unavailable on Deepdiscount. :(

Woah, question seconded!

I ordered 1-5 hoping that vol 4 was also the Limited Edition but sadly they sent me just the DVD. Guess they felt generous to ppl that ordered it before me which was Dec 18, so YMMV.

[quote name='KGear49']I ordered 1-5 hoping that vol 4 was also the Limited Edition but sadly they sent me just the DVD. Guess they felt generous to ppl that ordered it before me which was Dec 18, so YMMV.[/QUOTE]

That is disappointing....still thinking about ordering them though. Can't decide!!!

[quote name='kitsunisan']Bit late for you, but for anyone else wanting to take a chance on Deepdiscount, they have volume 3 for under $30. Bit of a gamble, considering some have had issues with them before though.[/QUOTE]

If it says 5-10 days rather than in-stock, you aren't getting it from DeepDiscount.

Anyways, got my final stuff today, stuck in my leasing office for a few days. Ghost Slayer's package is pretty amazing, unfortunately the consensus seems to be that it sucks. Will watch to see if it justifies ordering volumes 2 & 3 though.

As it stands, got near Complete Code Geass, Near complete Eureka 7, and near complete Gundam 00. Not bad for the prices I ended up paying.

[quote name='ArthurDayne']If it says 5-10 days rather than in-stock, you aren't getting it from DeepDiscount.

Anyways, got my final stuff today, stuck in my leasing office for a few days. Ghost Slayer's package is pretty amazing, unfortunately the consensus seems to be that it sucks. Will watch to see if it justifies ordering volumes 2 & 3 though.

As it stands, got near Complete Code Geass, Near complete Eureka 7, and near complete Gundam 00. Not bad for the prices I ended up paying.[/QUOTE]

Found code geass season 1 and r2 for $50 shipped on ebay, so now I can keep the ones I bought sealed, also beware I think code geass season 1 has a volume 5 and 6 not mentioned like anywhere, so its 3 missing volumes not just r2 part 1

[quote name='Hemi']Found code geass season 1 and r2 for $50 shipped on ebay, so now I can keep the ones I bought sealed, also beware I think code geass season 1 has a volume 5 and 6 not mentioned like anywhere, so its 3 missing volumes not just r2 part 1[/QUOTE]

yeah, I ordered part 3 which has 5 and 6 from another site. Not sure if it is a two disc case or just both cases in a slipcover.

Got my boxed sets from Whorehouse today. The Ghost Slayers Ayashi box is pretty damn awesome for $2!

[quote name='Meraxis']Hey I don't know if anyone has posted this yet or if I just got lucky but I ordered the regular vol 4 of Lucky Star and I just got it and it was actually the limited edition. Again not sure if this was just me being lucky or if they messed up on the listing.[/QUOTE]

You got lucky.

I ordered Lucky Star vol. 4 and definitely just got the regular version.

No $2-ish DVDs that caught my interest but I noticed that the Blu-Ray seasons of Yuyu Hakusho are $20 each (DVDs are $13). So tempted to go on a nostalgia trip right now.

[quote name='Yamato']So Code Geass is missing vol. 5 and 6 to be complete, right? What about Gurren Lagann? How many volumes in there?[/QUOTE]

3, but im not entirely sure if the box comes with part 2 or not, anime releases are confusing, also r2 part 1 is missing on code geass.

[quote name='Yamato']So Code Geass is missing vol. 5 and 6 to be complete, right? What about Gurren Lagann? How many volumes in there?[/QUOTE]

Gurren Lagann is missing 2 volumes if you order the box set 1 and want it to be SUB ONLY. They are both 2-disc sets and they don't match the others in the boxset.

If you want it to be dubbed and match the set, from my understanding, you must buy the part 2 and part 3 sets which come with Vol.3 & 4 and Vol.5 & 6. They are pretty expensive though. :cry:

Only other option would be picking up the anime legends version and putting it in your cool box instead of getting all the separate volumes.

Currently in my Amazon cart I have:
Code Geass S1 Vol.1-4
Code Geass S2 Vol.2-4 LE
Gurren Lagann 2 (found part 3 subbed only cheap locally)
Lucky Star 1-5 LE (-#4)

Total comes out to be $70.02, anything you guys think I should take out or should I go for it?!?

[quote name='sleepydumbdude']That shirt that comes with My Hime or whatever it is called is worth the 2 for it anyways. Plus the box is cool and after I take the shirt out I'm going to hide stuff in the box.
I bought it for a friend as a gift and was surprised the shirt was xtra large for the friend I bought it for. Went ahead and bought myself a copy.[/QUOTE]
Can you be more specific? I can't find it.

[quote name='Refluxx']Gurren Lagann is missing 2 volumes if you order the box set 1 and want it to be SUB ONLY. They are both 2-disc sets and they don't match the others in the boxset.

If you want it to be dubbed and match the set, from my understanding, you must buy the part 2 and part 3 sets which come with Vol.3 & 4 and Vol.5 & 6. They are pretty expensive though.

Only other option would be picking up the anime legends version and putting it in your cool box instead of getting all the separate volumes.

Currently in my Amazon cart I have:

Code Geass S1 Vol.1-4

Code Geass S2 Vol.2-4 LE

Gurren Lagann 2 (found part 3 subbed only cheap locally)

Lucky Star 1-5 LE (-#4)

Total comes out to be $70.02, anything you guys think I should take out or should I go for it?!?[/QUOTE]

I picked up ghost slayers ayashi, $2 for the special box, why not? Even if its crap it's still good to keep sealed.

I specifically looked for LEs and boxed sets for $6 or less and ordered anything I could find. Eureka Seven Vol. 3 LE is $2.18 as well and includes a shirt and manga. I think there were other E7 LEs, but I have most of them already.

[quote name='Olengie']Some people would want uniformity, that's why. :lol:[/QUOTE]

But look at the pictures of it, on the inside of that box they have literally the same covers as the more expensive release. Unless different UPC codes bother you, you could just chuck out the outer box and no one would know the difference!

I Figure by now it's probably impossible to find Code Geass R2 vol. 1 Limited Edition for anything under $20. At least I got rest of the series in limited edition form I guess.

[quote name='KtMack23']But look at the pictures of it, on the inside of that box they have literally the same covers as the more expensive release. Unless different UPC codes bother you, you could just chuck out the outer box and no one would know the difference![/QUOTE]

I wouldn't care, but others do. That's all I'm saying. But hopefully, the CAGs who see the post will go through the cheaper way.

I myself am probably going to buy Vol 1-4 and Part 3 after Christmas.

http://www.amazon.com/s/qid=1356326...94451011,p_4:Bandai&bbn=1294451011&sort=price This link leads to all of the Bandai releases. I peeked around the company list and saw no Funimation titles or any other anime titles.

Saw a few Hayate DVDs are there and loved the first few episodes I saw a few years back. How long and rare is that series? Something tells me that it has a stupid rare volume like most of these Bandai animes do.
Edit: Just saw what seems to be the final volume was released somewhat recently, but the amazon listing could be wrong and it's stupid rare. Ugh.

And if anybody got any of the Gundam shirts, what size where the shirts and what did they look like (I know someone said they got an XL from one the sets =S)? Not a fan of Gundam Seed but I wouldn't mind a random shirt with a gundam on it or whatever if it was in Large.

[quote name='SanjiX']http://www.amazon.com/s/qid=1356326...94451011,p_4:Bandai&bbn=1294451011&sort=price This link leads to all of the Bandai releases. I peeked around the company list and saw no Funimation titles or any other anime titles.

Saw a few Hayate DVDs are there and loved the first few episodes I saw a few years back. How long and rare is that series? Something tells me that it has a stupid rare volume like most of these Bandai animes do.

And if anybody got any of the Gundam shirts, what size where the shirts and what did they look like (I know someone said they got an XL from one the sets =S)? Not a fan of Gundam Seed but I wouldn't mind a random shirt with a gundam on it or whatever if it was in Large.[/QUOTE]

The Shirts are usually L or Xl.

You can get Hayate the Combat Butler Vol. 1-7 pretty cheap, last time I checked. But they have a "stupid rare volume" :lol:. Volume 8 can set you back 80+. Your best bet is to search locally unless you have to have it.

I ended up ordering most of the Gundam 00 from warehouse deals. I was able to pick up the whole series with the exception of season 2 part 4, for $34.

Finally decided to grab the 2 Kurokami DVDs that are $2.18 & My Otome Zwei SE after scrapping enough money to get them.

[quote name='Olengie']You can get Hayate the Combat Butler Vol. 1-7 pretty cheap, last time I checked. But they have a "stupid rare volume" :lol:. Volume 8 can set you back 80+. Your best bet is to search locally unless you have to have it.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, Amazon Warehouse Deals still has them for around $6-$7 each new. Although when I ordered the volumes I needed a couple weeks ago, some had under 20 copies left(so they are running out of them).

For anyone looking on Amazon, don't get confused with Vol. 8's listing. "Part 8" is the R1 release, the one that says "08" and has an art box as the pic is actually the R2 release. Just wanted to point that out, as the R2 might look like a decent price until you notice it's the wrong region(and has earlier episodes on the disc instead).

Most of the Gundam shirts either just have the logo or the logo on the front and the DVD cover on the back.

As for Hayate, it is doubtful that Volume 8 will go down anytime soon. Mainly because I doubt it will be relicensed. Viz won't touch it because it isn't SJ, Sentai and FUNimation have been burned big time by long series not named Dragonball or One Piece. Eyeshield 21 and GinTama are not selling well and Kodocha, Detective Conan, and Sgt. Frog bombed.

[quote name='DNukem170']Most of the Gundam shirts either just have the logo or the logo on the front and the DVD cover on the back.

As for Hayate, it is doubtful that Volume 8 will go down anytime soon. Mainly because I doubt it will be relicensed. Viz won't touch it because it isn't SJ, Sentai and FUNimation have been burned big time by long series not named Dragonball or One Piece. Eyeshield 21 and GinTama are not selling well and Kodocha, Detective Conan, and Sgt. Frog bombed.[/QUOTE]

Gundam shirts were a deal breaker since they have the DVD cover on the back... lol. As I said, I wasn't a fan of Seed so bleh. Just wanted a cool gundam shirt without crap on the back. Oh well.

It seems Funimation took a while licensing more One Piece. Something tells me that it isn't probably selling so hot either. Just replace it with Fullmetal Alchemist. lol

[quote name='SanjiX']It seems Funimation took a while licensing more One Piece. Something tells me that it isn't probably selling so hot either. Just replace it with Fullmetal Alchemist. lol[/QUOTE]

They already licensed all of season 5 (264-336) and the movie Strong World before season 4 was available to buy so I wouldn't say that.

IMO I think the reason they waited so long was to get all of the collection sets released.

[quote name='SanjiX']Gundam shirts were a deal breaker since they have the DVD cover on the back... lol. As I said, I wasn't a fan of Seed so bleh. Just wanted a cool gundam shirt without crap on the back. Oh well.[/QUOTE]
The Vol. 6 shirt (Athrun cover I believe) has just the logo. Forget which volume it was by the Rey cover one had the cover art. Didn't pick up the other one.

I couldn't resist myself. Picked up whatever LEs of Eureka, Gurren and Haruhi that were left. I'm bummed out I didn't get in on this action sooner to have more LEs, especially of haruhi.

[quote name='KtMack23']I also got the Lucky Star Volume 4 limited edition even though I ordered the regular ![/QUOTE]

You are really making me want to test my luck! xD

Could we make a list of the ones that come with bonus items and what the items are?

Ghost Slayers: Vol 1 and 2 DVDs, manga, sc reference book

A lot of this stuff is still around or were just restocked. Haruhi volumes 1-4 LEs are up but I'm having a hard time pulling the trigger, $26 for LE Haruhis...

[quote name='KonohaShinobi']Haruhi volumes 1-4 LEs are up but I'm having a hard time pulling the trigger, $26 for LE Haruhis...[/QUOTE]
The extras are well worth it if you're a Haruhi fan. Vol 2 LE comes with a Haruhi armband (nice quality btw). Vol 3 and 4 LE each come with a pillowcase with the three main girls on them (one sided, for normal sized pillows, not the big hugging pillows). Each LE also includes a cd.

Note that Amazon doesn't have Vol 1 LE, it's simply the regular edition bundled with some cd's. So you don't get the Vol 1 LE art box or Haruhi yellow hair ribbon.

[quote name='KonohaShinobi']A lot of this stuff is still around or were just restocked. Haruhi volumes 1-4 LEs are up but I'm having a hard time pulling the trigger, $26 for LE Haruhis...[/QUOTE]

1. Bandai NA is done, no more reprints or anything new, shut down. Did Haruhi get picked up by someone else?

2. These are freaking LE's!

3. I've been wanting Haruhi for awhile, and I've never seen Season 1 dip below $30 (normal non-LE version, even), haven't watched Season 2 as closely, but this is just S1. Combine LE (well V1 is just CD bonuses) + out of print, $26 for S1 sounds like a steal to me! \\:D/

[quote name='Kazaganthi']Did Haruhi get picked up by someone else?[/QUOTE]Bandai license rescues probably won't happen until well into next year.

Heads up, Eureka Seven Vol 9 SE (www.amazon.com/Eureka-Seven-Volume-Special-Edition/dp/B000SK5YXA/) does not include OST2 like Amazon description says. I received it today and the SE box does not mention the soundtrack, so it must be an Amazon error. I contacted CS and they gave me a refund (without having to send it back, probably not worth the hassle to them for such a cheap item).

I also ordered an additional Vol 3 SE since in my first one, a sticker between the outer and inner boxes had dislodged and the glue residue made it impossible to remove the contents without damaging the boxes. I was going to return it, but for $2 I just bought another one to keep sealed and will enjoy the shirt from the first.

bread's done
Back