Amazon XBOX 360 Arcade Spring Bundle (2 Games Included) $149 + $50 Video Game Credit

yzass69

CAGiversary!
Just posted this over at SD and wanted to share. Amazon is offering the XBOX 360 Arcade Spring Bundle for $149 with a $50 video game credit.

http://www.amazon.com/Xbox-360-Arca..._1?ie=UTF8&s=videogames&qid=1276712527&sr=8-1

From Amazon:
What’s in the Box
Xbox 360 Console
Viva Piñata (Rated “E” for Everyone)
Banjo-Kazooie: Nuts & Bolts (Rated “E” for Everyone)
256MB of internal storage
Xbox 360 wireless controller
Xbox 360 Composite A/V cable
Xbox LIVE Membership

[quote name='hinotori']
While this is probably not an immediate issue, I'm a little concerned what will happen to our licenses once the 360 DRM servers die.
[/QUOTE]

I f*cking hate this DRM crap. I have a Sony MP3 player I can't deauthorize... and customer service has been no help.
Forget all the piracy, I'm sick of legitimate users getting cock-blocked!

I just did the $85 dollar gamespot trade in and as long as you don't mind having a $50 amazon and $85 gamestop gift card this is a phenomenal deal for upgrading. You are getting a brand new controller and xbox with 3 yr RROD warranty for

I was in Target today and saw they had a free $50 gift card with an Xbox 360 arcade purchase (price was $149.99), it didnt come with Viva pinata or Banjo Kazooie though.
This is even better. Gah! So tempting! I want it, but I dont at the same time. >.

Target, Wal-Mart and now Amazon. I hit Wal-Mart myself (only place with one in-stock), and I am a happy guy. For those of us who were on the fence awhile about 360, this shoves us over.

holy crap this is such a good deal, I'm beginning to regret joining CAG, I check this forum every other hour and as a result, bite on too many good deals for my own good...

Thanks, OP. Have no idea what I will do with it, but I couldn't pass it up. It was an impulse buy that the Island demanded, I guess. Or something.

Tagged for seeing how quickly it sells out.

@Juese

I've got that $20 credit burning a whole in my pocket too, along with another $35 on an Amazon giftcard. My wife will probably kill me but I think I'm going to bite on this. It will be my first HD console!

Now, anyone know of any deals to get a hard drive? Don't need more than 60 GB.

word just hit and confirm ed on SD, Target lowered to 130, including 50 GC. I cancelled my order. Anyone think Amazon will match?

[quote name='nixmahn']word just hit and confirm ed on SD, Target lowered to 130, including 50 GC. I cancelled my order. Anyone think Amazon will match?[/QUOTE]
From the sound of it, it's YMMV due to some issue with not including a headset. ...Whatever!!!

[quote name='sadboy']From the sound of it, it's YMMV due to some issue with not including a headset. ...Whatever!!![/QUOTE]

there were other confirmations

[quote name='nixmahn']there were other confirmations[/QUOTE]
I hit the closet Target, and the price was indeed $130. Earlier, I was contemplating buying one. After checking it at Target, it became a no-brainer.

Amazon arcade just shipped today, will be here tomorrow

Picked one up from Target (Chicago, Addison Ave) and it was the spring bundle w/ 2 games. Came out to $138 w/ tax plus free $50 GC

[quote name='mailman27']Does Target have the bundle, or is it just the standard Arcade SKU?[/QUOTE]

they have both. Apparently they are the same SKU at target so it's just first come first served.

[quote name='confoosious']they have both. Apparently they are the same SKU at target so it's just first come first served.[/QUOTE]
Sorry. First come, first served for which one?

edit: Nevermind. I was over-thinking again.

He means that if you get a Spring bundle, it will be the same price as a normal Arcade bundle, so it's first come first served for whoever grabs a Spring Bundle (before they run out and only have normal Arcades left...)

I don't need another 360, but this is still tempting. WHY is that?

Waiting on the new 360 with Kinect bundle. Not gonna be cheap, but it'll be the best way to get my wife playing games. She LOVES the Wii, but I won't buy one. She saw Kinect and was mildly interested...can probably get her into the fitness game, at the very least.

Much thanks to CAG and Target, I am now a proud owner of my very first xbox system!
snagged a copy of Tales of Vesperia for 29.99 at KMART too...

today was a good day :D

i bought the spring bundle yesterday and i don't know how to check where my $50 amazon Gift credit shows? I tried to put a game for example cod mw2 in the cart and it still said $47..., how do you know if you got the $50 GC?

[quote name='iamyourfather']i bought the spring bundle yesterday and i don't know how to check where my $50 amazon Gift credit shows? I tried to put a game for example cod mw2 in the cart and it still said $47..., how do you know if you got the $50 GC?[/QUOTE]
They'll e-mail you shortly after your item ships.

My Arcade shipped yesterday (should be delivered today) -- got the gaming credit email this morning

None of the Elite bundles are worth it right now -- wait for better deals if you really want them, but the Arcades will probably be gone by then

Headset $10-$15
Controller $30 (Amazon has it right now, black or white)
250GB HD $50-$70 eBay (if you really need all the space, if not then just get a 20/60/120GB for cheaper)

So I called 3 Target stores at my location (Seattle) and they have a bundle including the console, 1 wireless controller and headset for $199 with $30 store credit (no games included)....so now I'm going to pull the trigger on Amazon

[quote name='thehoweller']Gone, damn...

Deal's dead.[/QUOTE]
Still there -- you just have to pick Amazon.com as the seller from the right side of the page (not in stock, ships in 1-3 wks)

Once its in your cart with Amazon.com as the seller, you can click on it from the cart to see the deal

[quote name='mtxbass1']Will I have any issues throwing my existing 250GB HDD on this unit? I'm thinking about buying this to make it my primary xbox, then taking my existing box and putting it into the bedroom.[/QUOTE]

The only thing you're going to need to do is transfer licenses associated from the old console to the new one, and even if you don't... as long as you're logged onto xbox live, the xbla games will work.

[quote name='JaTaN']Still there -- you just have to pick Amazon.com as the seller from the right side of the page (not in stock, ships in 1-3 wks)

Once its in your cart with Amazon.com as the seller, you can click on it from the cart to see the deal[/QUOTE]

I love you, I'll try it again.

[quote name='thehoweller']I love you, I'll try it again.[/QUOTE]
keep it in your pants...

lol

[quote name='JaTaN']keep it in your pants...

lol[/QUOTE]

*zip*

I bought one. Used my Amazon credit...So really, an Arcade for $100. I'm unsure if I'll trade it in for the Slim at GS. Reading about the Slim's heat output makes me think it'll RROD just like the first 360s. So...I'll wait until the Slims start burning up and M$ starts pushing them to lower prices with better build quality (in two years, like the current "old model" 360s).

le sigh.

Amazing deal, thanks guys.

[quote name='JaTaN']Still there -- you just have to pick Amazon.com as the seller from the right side of the page (not in stock, ships in 1-3 wks)

Once its in your cart with Amazon.com as the seller, you can click on it from the cart to see the deal[/QUOTE]

It isnt working for me . When i try to place the order it doesnt show anything($50 credit). I already tried like 4 times and I can assume the deal is dead, no da mas XD.

[quote name='Jacf']It isnt working for me . When i try to place the order it doesnt show anything($50 credit). I already tried like 4 times and I can assume the deal is dead, no da mas XD.[/QUOTE]
It stopped working about 2 hrs ago I think

MS stopped making these older units and Amazon shows "ships in 1-3 wks" so it looks like Amazon will be getting a final shipment from MS in a week or so

Best bet is to try and get it from Target store for $130 w/ free $50 GC or Walmart for $150 w/ free $50 GC

bread's done
Back