Amazon: Yakuza 2 (ps2) $20

[quote name='DealHunter']IThe majority of people who have played the first Yakuza will tell you it is one of the best games on the PS2 without question.

There is no reason to expect anything less of Yakuza 2.[/QUOTE]

I don't know anyone who has thought of it in THAT positive a light. For my money, Yakuza was a game which had enough charm, style, and atmosphere to rise above its flaws. For a beat 'em up, the combat system wasn't particularly good. But I hear Yakuza 2 pretty much fixes that.

Yakuza is awesome. I purchased 4 copies of the original recently and handed them out friends. All 4 of them ended up buying Yakuza 2.

I just got my cousin a PS2 and Yakuza, he loves it. Yakuza 2 is next on his list.

The game series is just awesome, the story is great, the combat is good (especially in Yakuza 2), I love the atmosphere, and the whole world seems alive.

Instant buy for me, I bought 2 copies myself on release and convinced 10 people to buy it themselves. Not one complaint.

[quote name='Richard Longfellow']Just spend more time washing your hands and checking your Venetian blinds for straightness. The game cases won't bother you so much. :lol:[/quote]

I've actually been mistaken for a hobo due to my favorite clothes being ripped to shreds, so video games seem to be my only venue of OCD/overaesthetic emphasis. Though I guess I could just take a sharpie and paint the red black in the future for other GH games! :)

It is totally worth the 30 bucks I picked it up for. Anyone remotely interested in this game, pick it up! Its brand new and 20 dollars and is such a phenomenal experience!

[quote name='Doomstink']I'd say that's pretty good unless you only play games with 90+ ratings on there (in which case you're robbing yourself of some great gameplay experiences). You can't always trust the reviews when it comes to games, you have to play them for yourself. The two Yakuza games are great, I strongly reccommend them and it seems a lot of people in this thread would agree.[/quote]

Once you start digging into games with lower composite scores for reviews it becomes whether the particular niche will fit your need. Seems like most are having a high need for the Yakuza setting (which no other game fulfills). I have no desire for the setting and so I am pretty sure the story won't overcome what I am fairly certain will be substandard gameplay.

[quote name='ChernobylCow']Once you start digging into games with lower composite scores for reviews it becomes whether the particular niche will fit your need. Seems like most are having a high need for the Yakuza setting (which no other game fulfills). I have no desire for the setting and so I am pretty sure the story won't overcome what I am fairly certain will be substandard gameplay.[/quote]

This comes from a guy playing Crash Team Racing.

I loved the setting of Yakuza and the story was ok, but I got bored with running all across town on lame errands and the combat was fun at first, but also grew tired of it. Does Yakuza 2 fix any of that?

[quote name='NismoZZzz']This comes from a guy playing Crash Team Racing.[/quote]

Arcade style racer (comparable to a Mario Kart)+ reliable/fun gameplay + a game niche I don't have filled for $4= FTW.

Sorry that I ain't buying your favorite $20 game just because it has gangstas with tattoo-scrawled bodies under their suits. I'd rather watch Eastern Promises.

Played it, beat it, LOVED it! Thanks a lot for the heads up. I was waiting for it to drop a bit before getting it, and this is a great price.

[quote name='ChernobylCow']Arcade style racer (comparable to a Mario Kart)+ reliable/fun gameplay + a game niche I don't have filled for $4= FTW.

Sorry that I ain't buying your favorite $20 game just because it has gangstas [/QUOTE]

1. ctr is pretty highly regarded, that guy probably just doesn't know what's up
2. To be fair, they are gangsters. Gangstas are in GTA. Well, I suppose you fight some gangstas, but they aren't the focus in Yakuza.

Still have the first one in my backlog...so I'll pass for now. Hopefully it will get cheaper (or at least not more expensive) by the time I beat the first one. I'm planning to play it soon.

got bored of it cause there was quite a bit of running around and the "now loading" screen...anyways, still have to give it more time to see if it gets any better i guess. at least i hope the game gets better.

[quote name='mentos888']got bored of it cause there was quite a bit of running around and the "now loading" screen...anyways, still have to give it more time to see if it gets any better i guess. at least i hope the game gets better.[/quote]

No bikes or motorcycles?

this is one of the greatest games i have ever played i already have it but thanks for the update!
transparent_pixel.gif

bread's done
Back