Amazon Zone of the Enders HD Collection Standard $24.99

[quote name='meatwad3000']will wait for this to hit $19.99 too much of a backlog as it is and I heard this game had a bit of performance issues.[/QUOTE]
on PS3 not 360

[quote name='Kstyle']you sure?
I thought I was equal for both platforms[/QUOTE]

The PS3 release is far worse, but yes the 360 version is still inferior to the PS2 releases.

[quote name='Kstyle']you sure?
I thought I was equal for both platforms[/QUOTE]

Xbox runs about 10FPS higher from 25 to 35. Probably not very significant enough of a difference to most gamers though.

Performance is pretty bad on both platforms with both bottoming out in the low 20s. The read that the xbox one is slightly better (~6 or so FPS better on average) so get that version if you have a choice. However, it is the low 20s that both hit that would be painful.

So with such a piss poor port this game is going to have to get much cheaper for me to pick up. Or maybe I should just find the PS2 versions and play those.

[quote name='wilflare']i keep reading this as Collector's Edition for $30 ><

hmm is there a Vita version or am I dreaming?[/QUOTE]

Vita version will come out Q1 of 2013,
though knowing how shitty job they done for PS3 and 360
I wouldn't think Vita version will be any better.

[quote name='Saablic']Performance is pretty bad on both platforms with both bottoming out in the low 20s. The read that the xbox one is slightly better (~6 or so FPS better on average) so get that version if you have a choice. However, it is the low 20s that both hit that would be painful.

So with such a piss poor port this game is going to have to get much cheaper for me to pick up. Or maybe I should just find the PS2 versions and play those.[/QUOTE]

It's really sad that they wasted this opportunity to make the battles in ZOE2 silky smooth. I was really looking forward to playing that Jehuty vs hundreds of orbital frames mission without any lag.

I would have bought the LE day one if they did.

[quote name='The Holy Pretzle']Xbox runs about 10FPS higher from 25 to 35. Probably not very significant enough of a difference to most gamers though.[/QUOTE]

A 40% increase is WAY significant. It's just too bad Konami doesn't take these HD rereleases as seriously as Sony does.

[quote name='mkelehan']A 40% increase is WAY significant. It's just too bad Konami doesn't take these HD rereleases as seriously as Sony does.[/QUOTE]

It's weird because, that MGS HD collection is 99.9% perfect. But then there's the Silent Hill Collection....

.....But yes. I bought ZOE HD on Day one and I ...I think I regret it. I'd rather just put the games through an emulator and play them that way. Would probably run better.

[quote name='plutoknight']It's weird because, that MGS HD collection is 99.9% perfect. But then there's the Silent Hill Collection....

.....But yes. I bought ZOE HD on Day one and I ...I think I regret it. I'd rather just put the games through an emulator and play them that way. Would probably run better.[/QUOTE]

Not weird because a quality company was put in charge of the MGS port.

[quote name='Kstyle']Vita version will come out Q1 of 2013,
though knowing how shitty job they done for PS3 and 360
I wouldn't think Vita version will be any better.[/QUOTE]

Haha, you still think a Vita version is coming?
It was mentioned once in never heard from again. Konami avoids all questions on it.

[quote name='plutoknight']It's weird because, that MGS HD collection is 99.9% perfect. But then there's the Silent Hill Collection....

.....But yes. I bought ZOE HD on Day one and I ...I think I regret it. I'd rather just put the games through an emulator and play them that way. Would probably run better.[/QUOTE]

If they could only do one right, I guess I am glad it was MGS. It really is too bad though that they couldn't match the quality with those other two.

I find it kind of hard to believe that the PS3 version is the worse of the two. This is Konami, A Japanese company who i'd imagine put more focus on the PS3 version since the PS3 is more popular in their home country as is the series.

Let me also remind you of their Silent Hill HD release. The 360 version is a disaster while the PS3 version got a patch and the 360 version did not.

Not saying I'm right but that's just how I look at it.

Yeah, shame the MGS HD Collection was so amazing. I got the Collector's Edition Day 1 and JUST opened it over the weekend. Tested out ZOE1 and it ran fine, but some of the terrain textures weren't updated, can't invert the camera controls (wtf?!), and of course the V/O work is still mind-numbingly terrible.

Still haven't tried out ZOE2, which I remember being far and above the better of the two games, so I can't comment there.

The MGRising demo, however, is jaw-droppingly astounding IMO.

$25 is a good price for the collection, if you don't have the PC to emulate the games. I'm just kind of bummed I payed $60 for the CE at launch.

[quote name='Komentra']I find it kind of hard to believe that the PS3 version is the worse of the two. This is Konami, A Japanese company who i'd imagine put more focus on the PS3 version since the PS3 is more popular in their home country as is the series.

Let me also remind you of their Silent Hill HD release. The 360 version is a disaster while the PS3 version got a patch and the 360 version did not.

Not saying I'm right but that's just how I look at it.[/QUOTE]

The ps3 SH got a patch because it got more problems than the 360 version, and the patch didnt fix everything

[quote name='62t']The ps3 SH got a patch because it got more problems than the 360 version, and the patch didnt fix everything[/QUOTE]

I would tend to disagree having owned SH Collection on PS3. There were a lot of audio sync issues that were resolved.

[quote name='Komentra']I would tend to disagree having owned SH Collection on PS3. There were a lot of audio sync issues that were resolved.[/QUOTE]

And there were other issues that were not fixed for the PS3.

be great if publishers realized that if they made their games good they wouldn't end up getting discounted so quickly

[quote name='NeoStrider']be great if publishers realized that if they made their games good they wouldn't end up getting discounted so quickly[/QUOTE]

Many good games get discounted quickly unless it is CoD.

[quote name='dallow']Not weird because a quality company was put in charge of the MGS port.

Haha, you still think a Vita version is coming?
It was mentioned once in never heard from again. Konami avoids all questions on it.[/QUOTE]

I would rather own the vita version of this game personally. I hope it comes out

[quote name='Jackovasaurus']So, 360 version is the one to get? Or are the problems across both platforms?[/QUOTE]

Same problems on both systems. I have both for the ps3 and 360

Either one you pick would be fine. No noticeable difference

[quote name='doc_j88']Same problems on both systems. I have both for the ps3 and 360

Either one you pick would be fine. No noticeable difference[/QUOTE]

Cool. I'll pick up the PS3 version, then. Thanks, duder.

[quote name='62t']Many good games get discounted quickly unless it is CoD.[/QUOTE]

Or Nintendo. Now that companies are able to put out patches for games it seems like beta testing for bugs and glitches has completely gone out of the window.

bread's done
Back