Amazon's Final Fantasy VII $40 trade-in

madcatz1999

CAGiversary!
Feedback
3 (100%)
So I notice Amazon's Trade-in of the Day is FFVII for $40. As I have it laying around, and am not really all that into collecting for the sake of collecting, I'm wondering if it's a good deal.

Mine is the Greatest Hits version, which seems to be going from $35-$45 or so on ebay the last week. Right now it's just sitting around collecting dust -- Should I trade it in and get me the $40?

From what I remember it got released on PSN. You also have the Greatest Hits version. I'd say do it if you plan on making any Amazon purchases and you get $40 net.

If it's not in at least good condition, chances are it'll get rejected. Also, I'd imagine they're looking for a black label version. Still, it's worth a shot if you don't plan on keeping it, though.

I was planning on trading it in (since I bought it off PSN as well), but realized I cannot sell it due to lack of instruction manual. Looks like I'll need to put it up on my tradelist (whenever I actually get around to making one).

[quote name='ZerotypeX']doesn't sound to bad. I would trade mine in but my stupid friend that I lent it to lost my disc 1 :bomb:[/QUOTE]
You can always go on eBay and find single FFVII discs. They shouls not be that expensive, maybe $6-$14 with shipping

[quote name='Feeding the Abscess']If it's not in at least good condition, chances are it'll get rejected. Also, I'd imagine they're looking for a black label version. Still, it's worth a shot if you don't plan on keeping it, though.[/QUOTE]

I'm fairly certain it's in pretty good condition (including case, manual, etc.). My main problem right now is that I can't, well...find it. I am wondering about the black label vs. GH version as far as Amazon is concerned, though. I'm not sure if they treat it as two different versions, as I don't see a separate listing in Amazon for the GH version. I assume the ASINs would be different, though, right?

[quote name='ZerotypeX']doesn't sound to bad. I would trade mine in but my stupid friend that I lent it to lost my disc 1 :bomb:[/QUOTE]

Same thing happened to me. My friend lost disc 1 of my black label ffvii and he also lost disc 2 of my black label ffviii. I stopped letting him borrow my games after that.

Knowing the company that is buying these games (NorAm or whatever they call themselves these days), they are going to reseal these games and sell them as new on amazon...

[quote name='madcatz1999'] I am wondering about the black label vs. GH version as far as Amazon is concerned, though. I'm not sure if they treat it as two different versions, as I don't see a separate listing in Amazon for the GH version. I assume the ASINs would be different, though, right?[/QUOTE]

Bah, I suppose I should have found and read the FAQ in the deals forum here first. Seems like that most likely won't be a problem.

bread's done
Back