American Express Users- Spend $250 at Best Buy and get $25 statement credit

Ferrari Racer

CAGiversary!
Feedback
4 (100%)
https://sync.americanexpress.com/twitter/offerterms/F0DB7D8D52735457CA169EFE0E1A88E61?AspxAutoDetectCookieSupport=1

Not a bad offer if you are getting a Xbox One or PS4

TWITTER REQUIRED

Offer valid in-store & online at www.bestbuy.com. Offer excludes Best Buy Express, Gift Cards, e-gift cards & standalone Pacific Sales stores. If item ordered during promotion is not shipped until after 9/8/13, it may not count towards qualifying purchase.

Receive a one-time $25 statement credit when you make a single purchase of $250 or more at Best Buy in store/online by 09/08/13.  Tweet using #AmexBestBuy to add this offer to your synced American Express Card. This offer does not require a coupon at the point of sale - so once you’ve received a confirmation response message from our Twitter handle @AmexSync that the offer has been added, just shop with your synced Card to redeem!

Offer Terms:
To be eligible to receive the statement credit:

(i) you must have an American Express Card that is synced with Twitter (see sync.americanexpress.com/twitter for more details on how to sync your Card);
(ii) you must tweet using #AmexBestBuy;
(iii) you must receive a response message from @AmexSync stating that this offer has been added to your synced Card; AND
(iv) you must use your synced Card to make a single purchase of $250 or more at Best Buy in store/online by 09/08/13.

You must receive a confirmation response from @AmexSync stating that the offer has been added to your Card before you can redeem the offer.  This confirmation response will begin with your @username and will appear in your Mentions tab on the @Connect page. These terms will be available to you via a link in the confirmation message.  If you do not receive a response message about this offer from @AmexSync, please Contact Us or direct message us at @AskAmex. Enrollment for the offer is limited. Limit 1 statement credit per American Express Card across all American Express offer channels. Statement credit will appear on your billing statement within 8 weeks after American Express receives information from the merchant about your qualifying purchase. Note that American Express may not receive information about your qualifying purchase from the merchant until all of the items from your qualifying purchase have been provided or shipped by the merchant. Statement credit may be reversed if qualifying purchase is returned/cancelled. If American Express does not receive information that identifies your transaction as qualifying for the offer, you will not receive the statement credit.  For example, your transaction will not qualify if it is not made directly with the merchant.  In addition, in most cases, you will not receive the statement credit if your transaction is made with an electronic wallet or through a third party or if the merchant uses a mobile or wireless card reader to process it. Program Terms and Conditions apply; click here for details.  POID: AOXH:0001

Last edited by a moderator:
Based on the past, as long as a $250 purchase shows up on the card, you'll get the credit. Not sure if it'll work for Bb gift cards, but it'll work for Amazon and various other cards.

Thanks for the heads up

I really like these bonuses but I may have to ponder this one.  In my case any product other than gift cards will cost me $15 in tax so the savings comes back at $10.  I mostly buy from amazon, no tax, or Target where the red card almost gets rid of tax.  The kicker is that my Amex doubles the warranty and that's a big deal on big ticket items and using the gift cards won't do that.  I guess if I was going to do it it would be for the amazon gift cards and use it to buy games or something but I don't know if I want to have that much amazon credit just hanging out 'til I find games I want.  I'll be getting one or two launch titles but I can't stand paying full price for games so I usually wait for some good promos.  I'll have to ponder this one...  Thanks for the heads up.   :)

Was just reading the "not so fine print" and the first thing it says is not for gift cards.  Did the last $100 promo say this? Because it did work with the amazon giftcards last time.

I don't see how this works for next gen, OP? The charges won't post until Nov when they ship the online preorders.

in the past I've had success buying BB giftcards so that's one way to use it towards the next gen consoles if you preorder it at BB. But maybe this time around they fixed that.

I don't see how this works for next gen, OP? The charges won't post until Nov when they ship the online preorders.

in the past I've had success buying BB giftcards so that's one way to use it towards the next gen consoles if you preorder it at BB. But maybe this time around they fixed that.
Oh didn't realize that. I guess you'd have to try finding one in store after they come out, which will be a nightmare.

There is a "black friday" sale going on tomorrow. Good opportunity perhaps to take advantage of this Amex offer.

There is a "black friday" sale going on tomorrow. Good opportunity perhaps to take advantage of this Amex offer.
They do this every year, and it's never anywhere close to black Friday prices. I'd feel lucky if they had 1 or 2 really great deals to get me to spend $50...(I.e. Bioshock Infinite for $19.99 or $24.99).

The AMEX offer really shouldn't change anyone's purchasing behavior, it's really just 10% off.

bread's done
Back