America's Best Dance Crew -- Quest vs. Beat Freaks

JEKKI

CAGiversary!
Feedback
14 (100%)
I havent seen an episode yet, but I heard about it a week ago coz one of the teams is from a popular campus group exclusive to my old university.

so I been checking the videos doods is bringing the HOTNESS!!

mad skillz everywhere!! omg!!

Layla Keyleigh is there too! but she's not really feeding anybody...

here is the website, where u can view team bios, vote for your favorite crew (after the episode airs), and get other info:

http://www.mtv.com/ontv/dyn/dance_crew/series.jhtml

the show airs thrusday nights at 10pm... I cant wait to see it!!!!

anyway, the gist of it is... MTV had auditions and chose 12 crews.

3 weeks of shows have gone by, and now we're down to 6 crews left; the current results can be found on wikipedia:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/America's_Best_Dance_Crew

of the remaining crews, my favorite 3 are:

Kaba Modern - the crew from my school... they're awesome!!

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HnndfySZX84[/media]

JabaWockeeZ - prolly the best group on the show, altho Kaba still gets my vote due to personal bias >_< sorry!

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jqcUAerkCks[/media]

Fysh N Chicks - all girl group; these ladies are CRAZY!!

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sPnEyoaZU0Q[/media]

note these are all AUDITION videos... some actual competition vids (incomplete btw) can be found here:

http://www.youtube.com/view_play_list?p=B80A370C69CD74DA

all analyses and discussions of dance routines are welcome!! I got a few of my own (including ones pertaining to the 3 above) but I can save that for later.

^_^v

Last edited by a moderator:
I try to watch the show every week. I'm also biased towards Kaba Modern (being an alum from Kaba and that university myself). Jabawockeez is pretty good too though most of the other crews are just too sloppy (guess I was spoiled by watching Kaba Modern perform so much).

that damn show is rigged.the roller skate crew is horrible and yet they have stayed on over betetr groups. same thing for that fish and chiks group. kabo modern and jaberwockiez( yeah i know i butchered it) are awesome consistently putting out the best performances if theres any justice they will be competing against each other but with most shows where people call in to vote the vote rarely represent the true talent. man those kabo modern chicks are smokin hott. i just hope theyre not putting out their best stuff on tv because you know it will get stolen and they wont get credit for it.

i like to know how last night fysh n chicks beat the other crew... live n color was on top for two weeks.. then messed up one show and all of a sudden they are beat by a crew that been on the bottom for the entire show? i don't agree they should still even be there especially over the two last crews that were dropped (live n color and ionic) thought they were ALOT better then fysh and chicks..

I'm looking for Jabbawockeez to win; but its up in the air with them and Kaba Modern. I know Jabbawockeez was in the movie step up 2 (there in the trailer i believe) and the tall guy from status quo was in the auditions for the show You think you can dance but him and his friend didn't make the cut.

Live in color should have stayed this week but Live in color pretty much does the same thing every week so they would have been eliminated sooner or later. In my opinion it will be between Kaba Modern and Jabbawockeez.

Sadly I will admit to watching this as a guilty pleasure, these are some talented individuals for the most part and I think great controlled teams like Kaba Modern and JabbaWookeez will make the final. That being said, what is up with the horrible judges and Mario Lopez (although he bothers me less than the other three). There take on everything is horrible. Final verdict JabbaWookeez FTW Kaba Modern a close 2nd.

Fysh n Chicks beat LIC becoz their routine had more variety and overall presentation.

LIC are great dancers.. incredible dancers at that, but they spent the last half of their routine doing the same shyt as always...

dont get me wrong, I hate to see them go since I seriously thought their energy was gonna take them to the top 3, but FnC's routine imo was clearly better...

Status Quo is stepping up HARD!! it seems as if they got scared after making bottom 2 and are puttin so much into it now!!

Jabba is dope as always but their latest routine wasnt too impressing... at the beginning all they did was walk around...

Kaba KILLED it! that pelvic thrust was CRAZY!! they played their task off jus so well.

finally there's breaksk8 which brings me to this image:

bdc_results_0228.png

why... WHY havent these kids hit bottom 2 yet?!?!?! wtf is wrong with you america?!?!?!

I'm getting really scared... VERY scared... PLEASE let Fysh stay longer than breaksk8.

everybody do your part and vote... but PLZ do not vote for breaksk8!!!

vote here: http://www.mtv.com/ontv/dyn/dance_crew/voting.jhtml?episodeId=4321

ALL routines can be viewed here: http://www.youtube.com/user/TheRunItMan

Look at status quo; they didnt do good 2 weeks ago and they still made it to the next week. But LIC did bad one week and lost to a crew that was in the bottom 2 twice. I really think fish and chicks should have lost to Iconic; they deserved to stay. Who knows, look at that other girl group they were horrible and stayed the first 3 week

[quote name='Apokolypz84']I try to watch the show every week. I'm also biased towards Kaba Modern (being an alum from Kaba and that university myself). Jabawockeez is pretty good too though most of the other crews are just too sloppy (guess I was spoiled by watching Kaba Modern perform so much).[/QUOTE]were you in kaba Modern or Kaba Bayan???

in my freshman year I entered irvine I tried out for CADC and did really bad... then I began to take hip hop dance at the Arc.

2 weeks later I stopped going coz I never had a ride (I walked both those times) and I didnt wanna pay the class fee

thus ended my dancing career almost 6 years ago :cry:

Taeko from FnC is mad cute tho, I wanna find out which studio she hangs out at and sign up for classes there ^_^v

seriously tho it seems from everywhere I'm reading that I'm the only dood who likes Fysh n Chicks, lol

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pJiEzLZAWj8[/media]

JabbaWockeeZ was on the Ellen show, for those of u who wanna watch their routine from a different angle

Kababayan alum. Not nearly coordinated enough to be in Modern (though I had some friends that were).

Ahhh the ARC... fun times, fun times...

omg sum motherfucker stole my avatar!!!

the new episode is up online and sum dood named Ben in the comments section of Kaba's segment thought it'd be a good idea to steal my baby!!

he's like the government after I smoke crack, what the hell?!?!?!

link to the new episode: http://www.mtv.com/overdrive/?id=1582476&vid=214559

and to vote: http://www.mtv.com/ontv/dyn/dance_crew/voting.jhtml?episodeId=5234

so my thoughts..

Fysh is gone... it sux but they knew they were gonna go, u can totally tell in the attitude they had all nite... it seemed like they had already accepted it and jus came to have fun.

but what sux even more, they lost to sloppy ass breaksk8... yeay they can do tricks but so what?!?! half the time they jus stand there, but they're on skates so it's OK becoz they're still moving even when standing still -_- their routines have all been so emotionless too, why are they still in?!?!?!

Status was dope, but also sloppy. I havent watched it since I saw it on TV tho... I'll needa check it soon.

Kaba, I can go into hella analysis but instead I'll jus say that is was incredible. I hear a lot of negative things being said, but nah... it was beyond dope. however...

Jaba was even more beyond dope!! like beyonder dope!! that routine was so simple, yet they did it in such a big way!! I've seriously watched it so many times and OMG it's jus too good!! the first time I saw it on TV I was speechless, they came on the floor and performed magic... seriously...

I actually really like this show because I also am a street dancer....not so much now though.

But I really really really really cant stand the judges for some reason. As soon as one crew ends I must turn the channel because I cant even stand the site of the judges.

BUMP!!

anybody watching tonite???

spoilers have been out for a while now, and the internet is on fire!!!

:bomb:

in a nutshell... MTV can't even rig a competition without it being hella obvious.

yeah that shit was fixed. it should have been kabbo modern and jaba in the finals. status quo was garbage and have been garbage since the beginning with little to no originality. hell fish and chicks were better than them not to mention how long that lame roller skate roup stayed on. to me it seems like theyre pulling for staus quo to win. as soon as i heard that they were the top team i couldnt watch the show because how the hell could they even be higher rated than jabba?

Status Quo was terrible last night. I was hoping for a kaba/jaba final but oh well. Luckily jaba's final routine was a whole lot better than status quos.

JC's hella dumb, he's like "wow Kabba vs Jabba... I am so glad I can see this happen, I am so glad you were in the bottom two for this"

motherfucker!! that's what the next episode was for!!

Cindy's face when they announced SQ as top votes was great!!

anyways,

here is Kaba's encore performance that they woulda done had they not been booted off:

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=08ulX7zuRvs[/media]

I'm usually not a fan of any dancing show but I got hooked after I saw the Thriller episode but I think breaksk8 got kicked off so i'm done with that show

[quote name='JEKKI']JC's hella dumb, he's like "wow Kabba vs Jabba... I am so glad I can see this happen, I am so glad you were in the bottom two for this"

motherfucker!! that's what the next episode was for!!

Cindy's face when they announced SQ as top votes was great!!

anyways,

here is Kaba's encore performance that they woulda done had they not been booted off:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=08ulX7zuRvs[/quote]

this is pretty much ot but that chick in the pic in your dohicky ive seen her in female ninja warrior but do you know what she does professionally?

she's an athletic entertainer and acrobat.

she recently on this performance thing called Muscle Musical or something... I think the show was performed in Vegas.

anyways,

interesting article about the actual nite of the performance, saying shyt like all the boos were edited out:

http://pedrowatcher.freedomblogging.com/2008/03/20/kaba-modern-on-americas-best-dance-crew/

also an interesting blurb posted on boogiezone, which was copied/pasted from the comments on MTV's stream:

http://www.boogiezone.com/topic.asp...o+you+think?&ReplyIDsNotFound=1&AllReplyIDs=1

Statushoe (03.21.08 | 1:15 PM)
PLEASE READ THIS SINCE IT HAS TO DO WITH THE SHOW "America’s Best Dance Crew" . There are a few things everyone should know about this dance group STATUS QUO before voting them as so called "America’s Best Dance Crew" The following Information is not made up and can be backed up with solid evidence. But before I tell you about Status Quo, I must break down some very brief history that is related to the information you are about to find out on the following dance group. In the Hiphop dance scene there is a term for street performance called "Hitting" as in ’Hitting the Streets to make money’. (This term is more commonly used in the BBoy/Break-Dance scene) Well known hitters in the bboy world as well as the Dance Industry are people such as Klown and KMel (’Step Up 2’ for those who are not familiar with the BBoy scene). Street performing has been around for thousands of years so in terms of the structure of the actual performance, the tradition of ’Hitting’ started in NYC. This includes the talking lines used to get an audience as well as the traditional hitting routines used when performing. The whole tradition of hitting has been passed down from the original hitting crews such as the FLOAT COMMITTEE and LOCKATRON, just to name a few. I have been told by Universal of the Original Float Committee, that Hitting started in the very early 70s. If you are interested in learning more about the history of Hitting, I suggest you talk to the Klown, Breeze Team, Zone-TDK, KMel, etc... If you are from New York City you are probably very familiar with Hitting. There are street performers all over NYC. Performing outside in the streets, in the train stations, and even in the actual trains itself! Now here’s where that group STATUS QUO comes into play. During the summer time, several well respected NYC Hitting crews go to Boston to perform, since NYC has becoming harder and harder to perform in. (Police cracking down on street performers) The hitting crews that come to Boston consist of: The BREEZE TEAM, TRANSFORMERZ, and Y.A.K The areas in Boston that these crews would perform at and still do perform at are: Downtown Boston, Fanueil Hall, Boston Commons, and even Havard Sq! About 2 years ago, there were these young group of kids called Status Quo and they started watching these 3 Hitting crews every summer. After every performance they would praise each hitting crew about their amazing routines and their acrobatic skills in general. Little did the Hitting Crews know was that Status Quo were secretly stealing the Hitting routines to make a name for themselves in the Boston dance scene (Not in the BBoy/Break-Dance scene). What the group Status Quo does not understand is that for these Hitting Crews, street performing is a way of life. This is how the BREEZE TEAM, TRANSFORMERZ, and Y.A.K make a living. They ’Hit’ 7 days a week, all year long, even during the winter! They made up these hitting routines as a way to make enough income to eat, pay rent, phone bills, child support, etc. You can truly say that dancing is their life. Now MTV comes up with this show "America’s Best Dance Crew", and Status Quo has used Hitting routines to make it through every week, all the way to the finals! For most viewers watching this show, they do not know where the routines used by Status Quo originated from. So right away the majority of the viewers believe that Status Quo’s routines are made up entirely on their own and that the the routines are authentic, in other words original. This may seem ok to everyone watching this show, but in the long run it will affect the dance crews who originated those routines to make a living. More and more people will start thinking that the Hitters took those routines from Status Quo, and less income will be generated for these Hitting crews to make a living off of what they created. In my opinion... Plagiarizing in any form is a crime and should not be tolerated! ! BEFORE YOU DECIDE TO VOTE FOR "America’s Best Dance Crew" JUST THINK ABOUT THIS. If you were to create something up entirely on your own, whether it be a poem or a painting. Wouldn’t you be angry if someone took what you originated and claimed it to be theirs, as well as make a profit off of your hard work? I hope everyone reads this with an open mind and understands that I do not hate Status Quo as people but I do believe that they are way too talented to have to steal routines. -JET LIEM Problemz Kru | NBW Allstars | Y.A.K Repping the entire state of Massachusetts

finally plz dont forget to vote for Jabbawozkeez!!

http://www.mtv.com/ontv/dyn/dance_crew/voting.jhtml?episodeId=7456

they've already birthed the next generation of dancers:

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-VNy5P27qzA[/media]

i dont think the votes mater. someone running the show wants them to win so they will win. simple as that. and if what youre saying is true about them stealing moves hats even worse because everything they do looks horrible. btw jekki thanks for the artlice and the info on the nw chick. sucks that amdc is rigged but coming from rndy jackson its not hard to believe. hell this is the same guy tryign to make everyone believe paula abduls latest song and video are a hit.

What the? Drama in the dance crews? I hope Jabba is still winning.

Someone hit me with a plot outline no time to go back and read all of this.

bump for tonite's episode~!! it's supposed to be "100% live"...

and rigged or not, at least MTV has successfully brought racism back!!

this show has brought to light the racism that asians have inside of them. everybody thought OH ONLY WHITES ARE RACISTS! haha but now yall see that they are some hateful little yellow, small eye, small dick, buck teeth, anti-social lil fuckers! gosh ive seen sooo many comments calling status quo out of their names! monkey this, ****** that, coon this like seriously these lil fobby bastards act like status was in control of the show.

then one asian had the nerve to say “all the $$$$ers got together to vote for status” first off i know alot of black people who dont even watch the show or gives a damn about the show. b/c their too busy out here dancing and making more moves for your fellow asian to steal and copy.

second off calm the fuck down. its just a fucking show! you lil asian fob bitches are getting your panties in a bunch. you can tell those lil nerds are just all over the internet. facebook, youtube and other forums are full with asian fobs. no wonder yall are considered the most anti-social race! LMFAO b/c you dont get out the fuckin house and when you do its to go help mommy and daddy at the nail shop or the liquor store you own. You like a nail? me do good nail for you!

ABDC has done a good job bringing out the true color of you lil asian fobs. all of you have been pulling the race card but if that was the case randy and mtv wouldnt have had any of you pale yellow crybabies on the fucking show! so get your 15 minutes of shine b/c when this show is over your all going to go back to being known as the lil nerds, anti-social, rice eating, white wannabes (and we dont want you to be like us), no ass having joy luck club bastards!

you asians make me sick go hop back on the popsicle stick that you floated on to get over here! and take your fobby racists ass parents with you! you dont see us whites crying about breaksk8 or femme5 being kicked off now do you? you dont see latinos being mad that engima got sent home! you dont see blacks crying about status quo and live in color. all you see is these lil crybaby nerdy asian fobs bitchin about a sorry ass crew like kaba. kaba modern is wack, but hey if you like that robotic shit then hey thats your cup of tea. their not athletic and you can tell that someone had to teach them how to dance to hip hop. its not natural to them. so if they were to freestyle they would get smashed. their the type of crew that has to get BLACK and Latinos to teach them how to dance. and the jabbawockeez are ass too! thats why they always gotta have that lil flip rainen or whateva do that bboy shit. b/c their performances are wack! they always have that one moment that is a WOW moment. but other then that their performances are ass!

blacks, latinos and whites lets get together to shut these fuckin yellow turds up!

better luck 2morrow! sucky sucky for 5 dolla! you touch you buy!

blacks = best dancers in general
whites = great pop dancers
latinos = ill breakers
asians = crybabies who steal from blacks & when they dont win they cry and pull the race card. but seriously tho this is the most attention they ever gotten besides that one crazy ass $$$$ who shot up v-tech but yeah their the smallest miniority in the states. and that should stay that way go back to china..korea whateva yall come from you all look alike anyways
lastly,

more BABYWOCKEEZ!!!

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-tnxkXpjFkc[/media]

I wonder if there's gonna be a second LA Riot tonite?? jajajaja

wow, I know I shouldn't laugh but the quote is fucking hilarious. Dude even pulled the "I KNOW BLACK PEOPLE!!" card.

I really liked Kaba, good dancers and those girls are fucking smoking hot

congratulations JABBAWOCKEEZ~!!!!!

JABBAWOCKEEZ!!

[size=+5]JABBAWOCKEEZ![/size]

their victory performance was fuckin beautiful!!

the West Coast performance was hot too, Tony Tran 1 second solo and the final pose straight owned it!

Iconic side by side with SQ showed a gigantic difference of abilities, why couldnt Iconic be top 3??

anyway,

congratulations JABBAWOCKEEZ!!

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lVPz0GGlcgA[/media]

mother freakin low q...

[quote name='JEKKI']congratulations JABBAWOCKEEZ~!!!!!

JABBAWOCKEEZ!!

[SIZE=+5]JABBAWOCKEEZ![/SIZE]

their victory performance was fuckin beautiful!!

the West Coast performance was hot too, Tony Tran 1 second solo and the final pose straight owned it!

Iconic side by side with SQ showed a gigantic difference of abilities, why couldnt Iconic be top 3??

anyway,

congratulations JABBAWOCKEEZ!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lVPz0GGlcgA

mother freakin low q...[/quote]

because the whole thing was rigged thats why. i didnt notice it until breakskate kept making it further into the finals when they should have been cut. iconic should have made it further as can be seen by how much better they were than status quo.

after getting robbed of a jaba kaba final performance the final show was horrible.the whole stepoff was pretty whack they should have done a freestyle battle sinc thats what they been doing in the beginning but status quo would have been crushed and even further exposed as not being fit for the top spot.
hell they even messed up on that coreographed step numberand aside from a flip here and there didnt add anything of heir own to it.

the whole thing came off like it was trying to persuade people even more status quo should be in the top spot. btw can anyone confirm that word out there that kabbo modern is ranked #1 in the states and #2 in he world dancewise?

im from the south and i have to say the west coast demolished that thing.iconic did ok as did those girls that got landed with breakskate but man nobody coud touch jabba or kabo i just wish they didnt have to dance with that lame girl group.

Yeeeuh, s'right mofckas, Jabbawokeez won.

Tho Status Quo has always sucked... kinda lame it wasn't between Jabba and Kaba.

[quote name='JEKKI']bump for tonite's episode~!! it's supposed to be "100% live"...

and rigged or not, at least MTV has successfully brought racism back!!

lastly,

more BABYWOCKEEZ!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-tnxkXpjFkc

I wonder if there's gonna be a second LA Riot tonite?? jajajaja[/QUOTE]

I think that giant quote was kinda funny, because that's exactly what my thought process was behind the voting, despite that I'm not Asian. SQ only gets the black vote (and there's probably a lotta black people watching MTV) and the Mexican people's vote, and Kaba Modern and Jabbawokeez got the Asian, White, and pretty much any other vote. Well, some white people prolly voted for Breaksk8, which was stupid.

I just think it's funny, because the guy's basically like, aight, Status Quo is amazing - they just flip around an' shit, an' they don't even need to follow dat beat. But is off tha chain!

[quote name='lokizz']the whole thing came off like it was trying to persuade people even more status quo should be in the top spot. btw can anyone confirm that word out there that kabbo modern is ranked #1 in the states and #2 in he world dancewise?[/QUOTE]Kaba Modern placed in the hop-hop internationals competition last year.

They placed #1 in the US and #2 in the international competition, you can watch their performance on youtube.

I think that giant quote was kinda funny, because that's exactly what my thought process was behind the voting, despite that I'm not Asian. SQ only gets the black vote (and there's probably a lotta black people watching MTV) and the Mexican people's vote, and Kaba Modern and Jabbawokeez got the Asian, White, and pretty much any other vote. Well, some white people prolly voted for Breaksk8, which was stupid.
it's already been discussed, but going back to the race card it's been said black people don't vote for anything, lol.

also there's a video of sum black dood on youtube all like "wtf?!?! how did SQ make top 2?? those guys suck!"

the consensus everyone agreed on was SQ got votes from white chicks and white chicks alone.

anyway, I dropped $30 today for a Jabbawockeez shirt! haha

EDIT:

Kaba Modern @ Hip Hop Internationals 2007 World Finals:

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=os-pPRaacK4[/media]

The past seasons I was going for were Kapa Modern and Fanny Pack. This season im a huge fan of Quest Crew The were hot. The hip hop decathlon dance was off the chains. I hope they win and can't wait for a new season and So You Think You Can Dance!! Makes me wanna get back to teaching dance again.

Hey and doesnt Quest Crew look like they would be fellow CAGs?!!

Last edited by a moderator:
I guess CAGs don't watch MTV or dance?

Quest "smashed" the last episode. They hit all the styles perfectly. Beat Freaks were whacked (in the bad sense).

Quest's weakness, which the judges have picked on, is that half the episodes they don't dance through their transitions - they just run to their spots.

I hope the next season brings something new or at least tone down the bboying theatrics. I miss the smooth, intricate, perfectly timed choreography of Kabba.

i think quest is gonna win they were the best this season.
I miss Kappa Modern too. They were sweet. My other fav was Fanny Pack. I love their Valley dance style. So sweet.

I agree with you jngx80 I think they focus to much on the bboying type dance. While its cool know and then I prefer the choregraphing dance instead. It seems you gotta be a bboy to go far. Thats why I love So You Think You Can Dance. I love watching dancing.

Did you see the sweet flip quest did, where the dude flipped and guy pushed him. That was crazy as hell.

Since the performances only last a minute to a minute and half or so, to really wow the audience week to week, groups really need those acrobatics, wide gymnastics moves to really capture the audience on a week to week basis, which is why breaking will have an advantage over the more technical groups.

Quest Crew and Beat Freaks are very good, and based on the last performances, Quest Crew has a good chance of winning it all, but it would be unsurprising if Beat Freaks takes it.

I liked Kaba Modern and Fanny Pack as well

dood, Beat Freaks got a shyt ton of supporters, seriously.

they've been top 3 easily, along with Strikers who jus had to mess up.

regardless, I'm glad they got rid of the whole regional barriers and shyt, with that gone now they cant truly rig the show anymore to put an undeserving crew in top 2.

anyway Quest gots it. I already voted them like twice lol, which isnt much compared to the ppl using auto-clicker, but I voted on cell phone so it's cool!

also Boxcuttuhz

bread's done
Back