Amex offer $25 statement credit for 100+ staples.com

srac84

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
Expires 6/19/16

spend 100+ at staples.com after enrolling your amex card ..should find it under offers and get a $25 dollar statement credit

So they sell ebay gift card which are email delivered so technically buy a 100 ebay card for 75 and use it to buy gamestop or best buy or whatever you want...they sell other stuff too at staples but nothing anyone wants haha :)

I read this in the terms after you add this to your Amex:

"Not valid for e-gift card purchases." 

So you might be taking a chance on this one. 

Not sure how to put a "spoiler" but here's the full terms if anyone is interested. 

Terms

Valid online only. Valid only on US website. Not valid in-store. If you order an item during the offer period but it is not provided until after 6/19/2016, it may not count towards determining whether the purchase qualifies for the offer. See merchant website for shipping policy. Some merchants may not ship to all areas. Not valid on purchases shipped outside of the US. Not valid for e-gift card purchases. Not valid for gift cards in bulk purchases. Offer not valid on online orders that are placed in-store through sales associate. Excludes Quill, Smilemaker, Staples Business Advantage, Staples 4 Government, Staples Toner Services, Staples Technology Solutions, Staples Promotional Products, Staples Print Solutions (same as Staples Easy Print), Copy and Printing Services, Staples Contract and Commercial, Staples App Center, Staples Industrial, Staples Book Rental, Staples Simplexity, Staples Share fund, and Coastwide Labs. Enrollment limited. Offer is non-transferable. Must add offer to Card and use same Card to redeem. Limit 1 statement credit(s) per American Express® online account. Statement credit will appear on your billing statement within 90 days after 6/19/2016, provided that American Express receives information from the merchant about your qualifying purchase. Note that American Express may not receive information about your qualifying purchase from merchant until all items from your qualifying purchase have been provided/shipped by merchant. Statement credit may be reversed if qualifying purchase is returned/cancelled. If American Express does not receive information that identifies your transaction as qualifying for the offer, you will not receive the statement credit. For example, your transaction will not qualify if it is not made directly with the merchant. In addition, in most cases, you will not receive the statement credit if your transaction is made with an electronic wallet or through a third party or if the merchant uses a mobile or wireless card reader to process it. By adding an offer to a Card, you agree that American Express may send you communications about the offer.

Edit: Here's a physical gift card instead of a e-gift card. It should work. 
http://www.staples.com/eBay-Gift-Card-100/product_2140518

Last edited by a moderator:
well i just bought 4 100 ebay gift cards 1 for each card and received a "you've just used your amex offer" confirmation email so it definately works..but i guess everyone can do whatever they want :D

me neither and I usually get them, oh well.

Go Lakers!
I contacted AMEX, he said there is nothing he can do since it has nothing to do with american express :( oh well..I had rewards credit there so could have used the additional savings to get something..GO LAKERS..it will take years but eventually we will improve :)

My order confirmation shows 100 no tax
You bought the e-gift card and got a confirmation email? Like someone else posted it says no e-gift cards / bulk gift card orders.

Edit: Bought $100 ebay e-gift card and got the email saying I used my amex offer. From what I read it appears the restriction is for Staple egift cards from cashstar.

Thanks for the heads-up about this, OP!  I had the offer on my card, so I also just finished buying a $100 eBay e-gift card, and I already have the "Great news!  You just used your AmEx offer!" email.

It's been more than 24 hours and Staples still can't send an e-gift card.

How long did it take you guys to get it?

How does ebay bucks work?
for every $50 you spend on ebay, you get $1 in ebay bucks. you have to get a minimum of $5 in ebay bucks in a quarter to get a cert for whatever your ebay bucks total is for the qtr (min $5). i believe the cert is only good for about a month or so. then it starts all over from 0 the next quarter

login to your AMEX account and look in the offers section. you have to add it to your offers before you use it. not every AMEX card receives every offer
Cool Thank you. I had an AmEx when I was with Costco, but I cancelled my membership a year or two ago and I thought my AmEx ended with that, found out recently my AmEx was still active lol

BTW, I saw that if you buy $100 giftcard from Staples today you get a bonus $20 gift card.  I didn't try this because I already bought my Staples gift card, but for those of you with the Amex deal, this could net you $120 for just $75.  Not too shabby...

Promo apparently ends on April 30.  Bonus card apparently good from May 1-14 or something.

https://staples.cashstar.com/gift-card/buy/?ref=aprilConsumer&[email protected]&cid=EM:20160424_SUNDAY_CONSUMER_NOSD:::TAFree20PromoCard:Gift_Cards&[email protected]&dtm_em=a7566f6bc790c59d4eecf055ff1d984b

BTW, I saw that if you buy $100 giftcard from Staples today you get a bonus $20 gift card. I didn't try this because I already bought my Staples gift card, but for those of you with the Amex deal, this could net you $120 for just $75. Not too shabby...

Promo apparently ends on April 30. Bonus card apparently good from May 1-14 or something.

https://staples.cashstar.com/gift-card/buy/?ref=aprilConsumer&[email protected]&cid=EM:20160424_SUNDAY_CONSUMER_NOSD:::TAFree20PromoCard:Gift_Cards&[email protected]&dtm_em=a7566f6bc790c59d4eecf055ff1d984b
According to SlickDeals Staples giftcards from cashstar do no qualify.

yeah staples egift cards do NOT work so don't do that plus you can't use the staples gift cards to buy other gift cards..so no point really..but i read that you can use target gift cards to buy ebay gift cards ? thats new...either way i'd rather buy an ebay gift card and buy whatever i want off paypal digital gifts

yeah staples egift cards do NOT work so don't do that plus you can't use the staples gift cards to buy other gift cards..so no point really..but i read that you can use target gift cards to buy ebay gift cards ? thats new...either way i'd rather buy an ebay gift card and buy whatever i want off paypal digital gifts
Target gift cards can definitely be used to buy eBay gift cards. I did exactly that because I bought the Target egift card from Staples by accident. :wall:

Thanks for clearing up the above. Just thought I'd pass it along because it looked interesting.

I got the ebay email gift card. Got order confirmation and everythinget. It's been 4 days and nothing. Anyone one else's taking this long. Gonna call in morning if I don't get tonight.

no.. i thought mine took long but i got it after 24 hours maybe it's in your spam folder / junk folder someone said they found it in theres tere

Chatted with staples rep online and they said my order was still processing I needed to call to confirm my payment. Called and they said all looked fine that they are working with the manufacture (ebay) to get the code and expectEd email delivery was May 5th.

Just so if anyone else runs into this.

bread's done
Back