Status
Not open for further replies.

litepink

CAGiversary!
Feedback
37 (100%)
**DO NOT POST TRADES HERE** Please use the amiibo Master Trade Thread
amiibo.gif

GOOGLE DOC WITH PRODUCT INFO (SKUs, Target DCPIs, etc)
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1uOZKhVW1S25GDETsqinf0Qzl1trbKcw2wT2swfcTAfE/edit#gid=0
(via redddit)

Retailers

Amazon
amazon.com

Toys R Us
Toysrus.com

Best Buy - 20% off with Gamers Club Unlocked Membership
[background=#202229]bestbuy.com[/background]

Target | 5% off and Free Shipping with REDcard
Target.com       In-store inventory tracker: http://brickseek.com/

Gamestop - Use promo code SAVER at checkout for free shipping over $25
http://www.gamestop.com/browse?nav=16k-3-amiibo,28zu0

Walmart
walmart.com

Other retailers:
goHastings | goHastings.com
FYE | fye.com | Store Locator
Meijer | In-store only. Stores in MI, IL, IN, and OH | Store Locatorhttp://www.meijer.com/custserv/store_locator.jsp
Fred Meyer | In-store | Store Locator
Nintendo World Store (New York City) | In-store only

Currently Available:
Wave 1 [Released Nov 2014]
Mario
Link
Pikachu
Samus
Donkey Kong
Peach
Yoshi
Villager
Kirby
Fox McCloud
Marth
Wii Fit Instructor

Wave 2 [Released Dec 2014]
Diddy Kong
Zelda
Little Mac
Pit
Luigi
Captain Falcon

Wave 3 [Released Jan/Feb 2015]
Sheik
Toon Link
Bowser
Mega Man
Sonic
King Dedede
Ike
Lucario (TRU Exclusive at launch now available elsewhere)
Rosalina (Target Exclsuive for now)
Shulk (Gamestop Exclusive at launch, now available elsewhere)

Super Mario Series [Released March 2015]
Mario
Peach
Luigi
Bowser
Yoshi
Toad
Silver Mario
*Gold Mario | exclusive to Walmart LINK

Wave 4 Super Smash Bros. Series [May 29th, 2015]
PacMan
Charizard
Wario
Robin
Lucina
Ness (Gamestop exclusive fo now)
Greninja (Toys R Us exclusive at launch, now available elsewhere)
Jigglypuff (Target exclusive for now)

Splatoon Series [May 29th 2015]
Splatoon 3-Pack (Boy, Girl, Squid)
Splatoon Boy
Splatoon Girl

Wave 5 Super Smash Bros. Series [July/September 2015]
Dark Pit - Best Buy Exclusive for now
Palutena - Amazon Exclusive for now
Bowser Jr.
Gannondorf
Zero Suit Samus

Olimar
Dr. Mario

30th Anniversary Mario [September 2015]
Classic Color
Modern Color (in North America, only available in Walmart console bundle at launch).

Animal Crossing Happy Home Designer Cards [September 2015]
http://animal-crossing.com/amiibo-cards/

Chibo-Robo [October 2015]
(Figure exclusive to Chibi-Robo Zip-Lash bundle for 3DS)

Upcoming
Yoshi's Wooly World [Oct 16th, 2015]
Yoshi (Green, Pink, Blue, Giant Green)

Falco, Mewtwo [2015]
Shovel Night [2016]
---
amiibo Feature: amiibo Tap
[sharedmedia=gallery:images:25367]
[sharedmedia=gallery:images:25372]
Unlock 3-minute segments of classic Nintendo games with your amiibo and the amiibo Tap free download released April 30th, 2015.

Confirmed Games:
Nintendo Entertainment System
  • Super Mario Bros.
  • Super Mario Bros. 2
  • Super Mario Bros. 3
  • Super Mario Bros.: The Lost Levels
  • Kirby’s Adventure
  • The Legend of Zelda
  • Zelda II: The Adventure of Link
  • Metroid
  • Yoshi
  • Dr. Mario
  • Punchout!!
  • Mach Rider
  • Excitebike
  • Ice Climbers
  • Kid Icarus
  • Donkey Kong
  • Donkey Kong Jr.
  • Balloon Fight
  • Wrecking Crew
  • Pinball
  • Clu Clu Land
  • Wario’s Woods
Super Nintendo
  • Super Mario World
  • Super Mario Kart
  • F-Zero
  • Kirby’s Dreamland 3
  • Kirby’s Super Star
  • Kirby’s Dream Course
  • Super Metroid
  • The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past

Last edited by a moderator:
So I haven't been following this for a while. I WIS a shulk amiibo when I picked up my N3DS on release day. I already know the projected release day to ship them is May 1st, but has there been any updates if that is actually the ship date, coming sooner, later, etc?
I can't comment on WIS orders, but my online order for Shulk (May 1st edition) changed from "pending" to a "completed" charge in the last day or two.

For as obsessed as I am with pre-ordering Wave 4, I just don't care about that gold mario. Well, the reseller in me who funds my video game habit from such things does, but the Amiibo collector in me just sees it as an unnecessary gimmick. I'm still focused on getting a Ness.

Also, has anyone seen/gotten the gigantic World of Nintendo Bowser? I snagged one about a week before his Amiibo started showing up at TRU, and it's amazing and surprisingly affordable ($15 maybe?). And the box is shit ugly, so no difficult decisions about what to do with it - that baby was torn open.

Has anyone tried preordering from their local Walmart yet? I'd like to know because I won't go to the Wally World if I don't have to.
You can't. They don't take in store preorders for amiibos, unless they change their minds for this one.

Also, I'm totally ok with them limiting it to one per customer, but don't go cancel people who ordered 2 when you initially had a limit of 2. That's a dick move, if you're going to do that, keep 1 of their orders open. Glad I decided to only get one.

Also, has anyone seen/gotten the gigantic World of Nintendo Bowser? I snagged one about a week before his Amiibo started showing up at TRU, and it's amazing and surprisingly affordable ($15 maybe?). And the box is shit ugly, so no difficult decisions about what to do with it - that baby was torn open.
I'm unable to get past Jakks Pacific's terrible, cheap paint jobs. They're easily my least-favorite toy company, and I was devastated that they got the Nintendo license. But sure, at least their stuff is affordable.

My understanding is Walmart will leave you at one order if you have multiples.
Well that's good; I'm ok with that, I just saw a lot of people say their orders were cancelled, but didnt realize they had 1.

Also, I gotta at least give walmart credit, they came through with my Ike, Dedede and Mega man, although still a little irk they cancelled Sonic.

Yoshi is available at bestbuy.com for anyone still needing him. I know he is still listed as a common, but I have not been able to find him in store or online as of late.

Yoshi is available at bestbuy.com for anyone still needing him. I know he is still listed as a common, but he has been sold out everywhere for me as of late.
Yea just ordered him along with a few others. I was going to just get the Super Mario version but it looks like a dog begging for a treat.

Yoshi is available at bestbuy.com for anyone still needing him. I know he is still listed as a common, but I have not been able to find him in store or online as of late.
Seriously?! I was checking that for the past few days and suddenly he returns. Can't get a discount on him now since I snagged him at GS yesterday. Guy came out with it saying, "LAST one. I put it back there for a reason." And the guy ringing me up did an appreciative, 'Yoshi' voice. Ah well, small quips.

Seriously?! I was checking that for the past few days and suddenly he returns. Can't get a discount on him now since I snagged him at GS yesterday. Guy came out with it saying, "LAST one. I put it back there for a reason." And the guy ringing me up did an appreciative, 'Yoshi' voice. Ah well, small quips.
Return him. I bought him at toysrus the other day. That is what I will be doing with the one in lesser condition.

http://www.walmart.com/ip/43814229?www=true&productRedirect=true

http://www.walmart.com/ip/43814229

The limit is now one. God help us all IF Walmart hits the reset button (similar to what ToysRus did back in mid December), this thread will explode!
Well it's not gone, it's gone down to just 1 it looks like. At least they're trying to spread the love even more. Why can't other retailers catch on to this? I know it gets hard to catch people using multiple card, addresses, and orders but clearly it's possible. Eliminate these hoarders.

Yea just ordered him along with a few others. I was going to just get the Super Mario version but it looks like a dog begging for a treat.
Same here. I snagged a peach (just to display on the shelf in the box), 1 yoshi and 2 DK (1 for me 1 for my GF) to get the free shipping as well.

Return him. I bought him at toysrus the other day. That is what I will be doing with the one in lesser condition.
Yeah I could...it means another trip to save a measly two dollars and give an employee more work, but if it means it might brighten up another collectors day might be worth it. Was going to mass order the ones I'm missing anyways =P Except Diddy and DK are strangely absent on their site still.

EDIT: Guess DK is back now, these bipolar jerks.

Yeah I could...it means another trip to save a measly two dollars and give an employee more work, but if it means it might brighten up another collectors day might be worth it. Was going to mass order the ones I'm missing anyways =P Except Diddy and DK are strangely absent on their site still.

EDIT: Guess DK is back now, these bipolar jerks.
I was just about to say that before you edited! I picked up 2 peachs, a yoshi and a donkey kong. One peach for my daughter to open.

I apologize in advance if this was covered 50 pages ago.

Has anyone else had delays in Ike and Dedede shipments to their local GameStop? I got an automated call last week stating they would be ready for pick up on 2/25. The store claims they still don't have them. Meanwhile, Mega Man & Sonic show up unannounced.
Yes, this is happening to me too. I'm not sure if they gave someone else my King Dedede pre-order or genuinely didn't get it. The guy working, when I went in to pickup Sonic, said I was the only person to order King at their store. I ordered on the website with ship to store, a couple weeks before the "you will not get this until May" cutoff.

I'm going to stop in or call this evening and see if I can speak to a manager. I can't imagine there is anything they can do at this point other than tell me to wait until the May shipment.

Panama CIty, FL has a Sonic left along with 3 Toon Links, and 4 Sheiks after I grabbed 2 Sonics, 1 Toon Link, and the last Mega Man. 

If anyone is near there, its worth a look.

I was just about to say that before you edited! I picked up 2 peachs, a yoshi and a donkey kong. One peach for my daughter to open.
Wow I guess I took too long and he was rudely removed from my cart lol. Geez, maybe the store will have one otherwise I'll have to wait until he's in again.

Amiibos bring out the crazy, there's gotta be at least 150+ people in line for amiibos, in the cold because they're only letting 5 people in the store at a time.

King Dedede is finally home. Thank goodness they were properly packaged. Thanks Target! :D/
I don't get it, these seem pretty self explanatory to package. You flip them 180 and they match up pretty well. Anyone who has even SEEN Tetris once can see that. No big feat but congrats on your DDDDDDDDD hoard?

Side note: your gif is getting really old lol, should change that. What the heck is splash bros anyways?

King Dedede is finally home. Thank goodness they were properly packaged. Thanks Target! :D/
I am still waiting on my Ike from Target, the tracking # does not work still. I feel like they just assigned me a tracking number so they can bill me and never sent it out because they did not have any in stock.

Wow I guess I took too long and he was rudely removed from my cart lol. Geez, maybe the store will have one otherwise I'll have to wait until he's in again.
There was one donkey kong at my toysrus and multiples at target. Between him and yoshi, the latter is much more difficult to find now.

I am still waiting on my Ike from Target, the tracking # does not work still. I feel like they just assigned me a tracking number so they can bill me and never sent it out because they did not have any in stock.
Yeah, they will just arrive one day. Tracking number will be different, but it will show as delivered once it is.

Amiibos bring out the crazy, there's gotta be at least 150+ people in line for amiibos, in the cold because they're only letting 5 people in the store at a time.
I was there. I waited till like 9:25. I couldnt wait any longer. Im already late to work. Its gonna take another half hour to get the toys.

Perhaps the reason why your shipment is delayed is due to bad weather from northeast to midwest?

Crossing my fingers that TRU got an Ike in today. With my new work schedule I get out a half hour after TRU opens and it's in the same plaza, so I've been able to stop in to check more frequently.

Perhaps the reason why your shipment is delayed is due to bad weather from northeast to midwest?
Shouldn't be as I live in Ohio and there has not been snow here since maybe Saturday the 21st and even then it was not much at all. I mean I received other packages from USPS already this week and they were all on time. Their website stated that it shipped out on the 13th and it should have arrived on the 18th-23rd. It is now the 27th and still the tracking number they gave me shows nothing but an error. Their customer service keeps saying just wait a few more days. It is almost on the level of Digital River at the moment.

Edit: Contacted Customer Service and they finally issued a refund.

I'm never going to stop wondering what the economic situation is of those people that buy on ebay. Are they extremely rich people with weird video game habits or just desperate and/or foolish with money a-la-a the stereotyped neckbeard. Paying $100 for the certainty of getting an item seems downright insane considering the high chance of cancellation right now and the decent potential for restocks considering every other amiibo has had one

I'm never going to stop wondering what the economic situation is of those people that buy on ebay. Are they extremely rich people with weird video game habits or just desperate and/or foolish with money a-la-a the stereotyped neckbeard. Paying $100 for the certainty of getting an item seems downright insane considering the high chance of cancellation right now and the decent potential for restocks considering every other amiibo has had one
PayPal credit gives you 6 months to pay anything over $100-150. That helps some poeple out I'm sure.

PayPal credit gives you 6 months to pay anything over $100-150. That helps some poeple out I'm sure.
I get that, it's just more why buy it now when things are in so much flux you'd have to have a pretty steep view on the market if you think its going to go significantly upwards from 100

I get that, it's just more why buy it now when things are in so much flux you'd have to have a pretty steep view on the market if you think its going to go significantly upwards from 100
There are many stupid people are out there.

I'm sure people would disagree with me, but I think on release it will stabilize to $40 or maybe $50. Rosalina pre-orders were upward of $100 as well. I'm sure wave 4 pre-orders will be, too. But eventually, I think $40 to $50 is were most will settle with a few exceptions.

Damn. GoHastings sent me a $10 off $25 coupon good for anything. I'd buy some amiibos from there, but they only have commons. I might just pick up Link and Samus since I don't have them yet.

I'm sure people would disagree with me, but I think on release it will stabilize to $40 or maybe $50. Rosalina pre-orders were upward of $100 as well. I'm sure wave 4 pre-orders will be, too. But eventually, I think $40 to $50 is were most will settle with a few exceptions.
I think you're right, but I am clueless as to why people panic and pay twice as much at this point in time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back