Status
Not open for further replies.

litepink

CAGiversary!
Feedback
37 (100%)
**DO NOT POST TRADES HERE** Please use the amiibo Master Trade Thread
amiibo.gif

GOOGLE DOC WITH PRODUCT INFO (SKUs, Target DCPIs, etc)
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1uOZKhVW1S25GDETsqinf0Qzl1trbKcw2wT2swfcTAfE/edit#gid=0
(via redddit)

Retailers

Amazon
amazon.com

Toys R Us
Toysrus.com

Best Buy - 20% off with Gamers Club Unlocked Membership
[background=#202229]bestbuy.com[/background]

Target | 5% off and Free Shipping with REDcard
Target.com       In-store inventory tracker: http://brickseek.com/

Gamestop - Use promo code SAVER at checkout for free shipping over $25
http://www.gamestop.com/browse?nav=16k-3-amiibo,28zu0

Walmart
walmart.com

Other retailers:
goHastings | goHastings.com
FYE | fye.com | Store Locator
Meijer | In-store only. Stores in MI, IL, IN, and OH | Store Locatorhttp://www.meijer.com/custserv/store_locator.jsp
Fred Meyer | In-store | Store Locator
Nintendo World Store (New York City) | In-store only

Currently Available:
Wave 1 [Released Nov 2014]
Mario
Link
Pikachu
Samus
Donkey Kong
Peach
Yoshi
Villager
Kirby
Fox McCloud
Marth
Wii Fit Instructor

Wave 2 [Released Dec 2014]
Diddy Kong
Zelda
Little Mac
Pit
Luigi
Captain Falcon

Wave 3 [Released Jan/Feb 2015]
Sheik
Toon Link
Bowser
Mega Man
Sonic
King Dedede
Ike
Lucario (TRU Exclusive at launch now available elsewhere)
Rosalina (Target Exclsuive for now)
Shulk (Gamestop Exclusive at launch, now available elsewhere)

Super Mario Series [Released March 2015]
Mario
Peach
Luigi
Bowser
Yoshi
Toad
Silver Mario
*Gold Mario | exclusive to Walmart LINK

Wave 4 Super Smash Bros. Series [May 29th, 2015]
PacMan
Charizard
Wario
Robin
Lucina
Ness (Gamestop exclusive fo now)
Greninja (Toys R Us exclusive at launch, now available elsewhere)
Jigglypuff (Target exclusive for now)

Splatoon Series [May 29th 2015]
Splatoon 3-Pack (Boy, Girl, Squid)
Splatoon Boy
Splatoon Girl

Wave 5 Super Smash Bros. Series [July/September 2015]
Dark Pit - Best Buy Exclusive for now
Palutena - Amazon Exclusive for now
Bowser Jr.
Gannondorf
Zero Suit Samus

Olimar
Dr. Mario

30th Anniversary Mario [September 2015]
Classic Color
Modern Color (in North America, only available in Walmart console bundle at launch).

Animal Crossing Happy Home Designer Cards [September 2015]
http://animal-crossing.com/amiibo-cards/

Chibo-Robo [October 2015]
(Figure exclusive to Chibi-Robo Zip-Lash bundle for 3DS)

Upcoming
Yoshi's Wooly World [Oct 16th, 2015]
Yoshi (Green, Pink, Blue, Giant Green)

Falco, Mewtwo [2015]
Shovel Night [2016]
---
amiibo Feature: amiibo Tap
[sharedmedia=gallery:images:25367]
[sharedmedia=gallery:images:25372]
Unlock 3-minute segments of classic Nintendo games with your amiibo and the amiibo Tap free download released April 30th, 2015.

Confirmed Games:
Nintendo Entertainment System
  • Super Mario Bros.
  • Super Mario Bros. 2
  • Super Mario Bros. 3
  • Super Mario Bros.: The Lost Levels
  • Kirby’s Adventure
  • The Legend of Zelda
  • Zelda II: The Adventure of Link
  • Metroid
  • Yoshi
  • Dr. Mario
  • Punchout!!
  • Mach Rider
  • Excitebike
  • Ice Climbers
  • Kid Icarus
  • Donkey Kong
  • Donkey Kong Jr.
  • Balloon Fight
  • Wrecking Crew
  • Pinball
  • Clu Clu Land
  • Wario’s Woods
Super Nintendo
  • Super Mario World
  • Super Mario Kart
  • F-Zero
  • Kirby’s Dreamland 3
  • Kirby’s Super Star
  • Kirby’s Dream Course
  • Super Metroid
  • The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past

Last edited by a moderator:
Damn that is heavy. I was hoping to wear it with my gold chains, my gold rings, and my gold watch...
"What's that around your neck, got new swag?"

"Yup Nintendo Gold Walmart Exclusive at launch amiibo"

"Shit man, that's tight."

All I can imagine is Michael Rapaport wearing a gold mario amiibo around his neck. Someone make it happen.

Just figured id give everyone a PSA - my wife was admitted early and we'll likely be having our beautiful little daughter sometime in the next 48hrs so be on the lookout for wave 4 POs! ;)

Also, will I obviously be a bit busy (once she gets here) so my apologies if I don't return your PMs right away!

Happy amiibo hunting!
only acceptable if you name her after an amiibo

Congrats, I will be buying you some amiibos for your new daughter, gotta start them young.
Thanks for the sentiment, that's really swell of you, and I'm humbled you'd even make such a kind offer, but we've already got them all except Villager and they do say "6+", so I think the mrs. may have something to say about that! ;)

If you were sincere about that extremely generous offer though, perhaps instead you'd be willing to simply donate the $12 or so to the American Diabetes Association or any of the other 401c3 organizations that help infants (March of Dimes etc.), children, or teenagers (Teen Challenge etc) in our place?

Either way, thanks again, and may your kindness not go unrewarded! ;)

We are all animals, some of us just hide it better than others.

I agree with you though, I am sure the response you will see on deal sites is: "It's capitalism bro." or "He works for minimum wage, he deserves the perks."
I agree that we all have it in us. We are all human. Just takes self control

I believe employees do deserve perks and should get first dibs on merchandise. Buying to whole stock is foul in my eyes. A piece of plastic that's meant to be played with it used for selfish purposes with no care for others. But then again why care when everyone else is like that lol. It is what it is.....

I live in Vacaviile too. You know for sure that a worker at the Vacaville Best Buy bought 10 Little Macs? I have been there every day for the last week and they never got any.
Yeah I don't think they got any in either (I'm in Davis). I went in today and two of the employees were joking around today about getting theirs first if any Little Macs showed up.

Yeah I don't think they got any in either (I'm in Davis). I went in today and two of the employees were joking around today about getting theirs first if any Little Macs showed up.
Exactly. I know a few of the people who work there and collect amiibos. I think they would of said something.

We hate Reddit too now? What's next, GAF? I thought we were only racist against Slickdeals.

Personally I love everyone. =P

In other news, does anyone know what the prices at PAX are going for for a villager amiibo? I've got a few friends who went but didn't stop to see the prices.
They were outrageously overpriced. They were euro and Asian versions and that booth was charging more than the going rate for a US version on eBay.

I paid 73 for a US mint condition Wii fit Trainer on eBay. Wasn't too bad compared to Villager. Anyone know why Villager is going for 120 on eBay? Was it more rare compared to WFT? I would of thought they would of been the same

I paid 73 for a US mint condition Wii fit Trainer on eBay. Wasn't too bad compared to Villager. Anyone know why Villager is going for 120 on eBay? Was it more rare compared to WFT? I would of thought they would of been the same
similar production, different level of demand

We hate Reddit too now? What's next, GAF? I thought we were only racist against Slickdeals.
It's been established for a while that this thread is a safe haven from the dregs of r/amiibo and that sub is not particularly well liked. The reason for this is primarily the shift in the general age of user between here and reddit.

Just figured id give everyone a PSA - my wife was admitted early and we'll likely be having our beautiful little daughter sometime in the next 48hrs so be on the lookout for wave 4 POs! ;)

Also, will I obviously be a bit busy (once she gets here) so my apologies if I don't return your PMs right away!

Happy amiibo hunting!
Congratulations :)

I think part is because of the character, Villager and Animal Crossing is way more popular than Wii Fit, IMO. Also, and I'm not sure if this had anything to do with it, but WFT had a couple individual restocks at Nintendo World, including the restock of Marth, Villager and WFT. Villager was only restocked at the store once when they restocked all three. Then again, that's only one store and not a good estimate on stock. Bit I think the main factor is popularity.

Villager was hard to find the day amiibo came out. My local TRU only got 4 of him and Marth, but got 12 Wii Fit Trainer. I imagine the proportions shipped to other stores were similar.

Alright, guys. I'm out. I'm done. Was trying to complete the Smash Bros. set but it's getting worse by the second and things aren't going to slow down because Nintendo are really bad business men and that's why they are in 3rd place. My collection is up for grabs on the OklahomaAmiibo subreddit and OKC Craigslist if interested. Good luck to all of you on collecting.

Alright, guys. I'm out. I'm done. Was trying to complete the Smash Bros. set but it's getting worse by the second and things aren't going to slow down because Nintendo are really bad business men and that's why they are in 3rd place. My collection is up for grabs on the OklahomaAmiibo subreddit and OKC Craigslist if interested. Good luck to all of you on collecting.
Another one bites the dust.

Edit: In all honesty I have thought about trying to get that 1k out of my 29/29 US set, but I fight with myself against it all the time.

I gave up a little while ago. Feels much better. I can happily say that I got quite a few good ones, and I'm pretty happy with that. I was fortunate enough to snag a few rares at launch, and I can honestly say that I've opened each of my Amiibo and have used them in Smash. I'll still keep glancing at the amiibo wall every now and then in my local stores, but I'm no longer hard pressed about it. I have better things to do with my time :).

How is it getting worse by the second? Literally nothing new is happening right now.

How is it getting worse by the second? Literally nothing new is happening right now.
And that might be the issue... I'm thinking more and more people are wanting this to be over so they can at least make peace with whether or not they're gonna get the figures they want.

Out of all the ones i want. I have, link, kid link, zelda, shiek, samus, sonic & megaman. All i need is ike, ness, ganon & zero samus. Hopefully i can barter a gold mario for one of those. I feel for the complete collectors. good luck.

Man you just love bringing Reddit stuff into this thread... Not gonna lie that's cool thou but I'll go with red
I try to bring in just the cool stuff, leaving the salt behind. I'm still impressed (no batteries required), NFC powered LED thru induction coil.

I still collect, but I'm just not stressed/obsessed about it. If I get them, I get them. If I don't, it wouldn't be the first thing I miss, and probably won't be the last.

I'm happy I set out from the start to try to get only the ones I really like though, but I do understand the woes for those who are trying to get the complete line-up.

I try to bring in just the cool stuff, leaving the salt behind. I'm still impressed (no batteries required), NFC powered LED thru induction coil.
Was there a guide in there somewhere? I just saw a pic of the finished thing. LEDs take verrry little power so I'm not surprised, neat little things. This would be a fun project but I'd be nervous of ruining my pricey, non-existent MK (gotta get one of those!).

Was there a guide in there somewhere? I just saw a pic of the finished thing. LEDs take verrry little power so I'm not surprised, neat little things. This would be a fun project but I'd be nervous of ruining my pricey, non-existent MK (gotta get one of those!).
Try the second link from the original user where he did a custom LED mod of Mario and Mega Man.

It's only about the hype, and scoring, for most people that are buying. People have been irrationally spending a lot of money on things they've come to realize they just don't care about.

For the people getting cancellataions recently what kind of notices are they getting?  I remember a while back just after the first few waves of preorders the e-mails were saying orders "exceeded our quantity limits" or something along those lines.  Is it backordered or insufficient inventory now?

/\ Yeah, seems like wave 3 or 4 preorders were affected. Thankfully, I preordered my 2 during the first wave. *fingers crossed*

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back