Status
Not open for further replies.

litepink

CAGiversary!
Feedback
37 (100%)
**DO NOT POST TRADES HERE** Please use the amiibo Master Trade Thread
amiibo.gif

GOOGLE DOC WITH PRODUCT INFO (SKUs, Target DCPIs, etc)
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1uOZKhVW1S25GDETsqinf0Qzl1trbKcw2wT2swfcTAfE/edit#gid=0
(via redddit)

Retailers

Amazon
amazon.com

Toys R Us
Toysrus.com

Best Buy - 20% off with Gamers Club Unlocked Membership
[background=#202229]bestbuy.com[/background]

Target | 5% off and Free Shipping with REDcard
Target.com       In-store inventory tracker: http://brickseek.com/

Gamestop - Use promo code SAVER at checkout for free shipping over $25
http://www.gamestop.com/browse?nav=16k-3-amiibo,28zu0

Walmart
walmart.com

Other retailers:
goHastings | goHastings.com
FYE | fye.com | Store Locator
Meijer | In-store only. Stores in MI, IL, IN, and OH | Store Locatorhttp://www.meijer.com/custserv/store_locator.jsp
Fred Meyer | In-store | Store Locator
Nintendo World Store (New York City) | In-store only

Currently Available:
Wave 1 [Released Nov 2014]
Mario
Link
Pikachu
Samus
Donkey Kong
Peach
Yoshi
Villager
Kirby
Fox McCloud
Marth
Wii Fit Instructor

Wave 2 [Released Dec 2014]
Diddy Kong
Zelda
Little Mac
Pit
Luigi
Captain Falcon

Wave 3 [Released Jan/Feb 2015]
Sheik
Toon Link
Bowser
Mega Man
Sonic
King Dedede
Ike
Lucario (TRU Exclusive at launch now available elsewhere)
Rosalina (Target Exclsuive for now)
Shulk (Gamestop Exclusive at launch, now available elsewhere)

Super Mario Series [Released March 2015]
Mario
Peach
Luigi
Bowser
Yoshi
Toad
Silver Mario
*Gold Mario | exclusive to Walmart LINK

Wave 4 Super Smash Bros. Series [May 29th, 2015]
PacMan
Charizard
Wario
Robin
Lucina
Ness (Gamestop exclusive fo now)
Greninja (Toys R Us exclusive at launch, now available elsewhere)
Jigglypuff (Target exclusive for now)

Splatoon Series [May 29th 2015]
Splatoon 3-Pack (Boy, Girl, Squid)
Splatoon Boy
Splatoon Girl

Wave 5 Super Smash Bros. Series [July/September 2015]
Dark Pit - Best Buy Exclusive for now
Palutena - Amazon Exclusive for now
Bowser Jr.
Gannondorf
Zero Suit Samus

Olimar
Dr. Mario

30th Anniversary Mario [September 2015]
Classic Color
Modern Color (in North America, only available in Walmart console bundle at launch).

Animal Crossing Happy Home Designer Cards [September 2015]
http://animal-crossing.com/amiibo-cards/

Chibo-Robo [October 2015]
(Figure exclusive to Chibi-Robo Zip-Lash bundle for 3DS)

Upcoming
Yoshi's Wooly World [Oct 16th, 2015]
Yoshi (Green, Pink, Blue, Giant Green)

Falco, Mewtwo [2015]
Shovel Night [2016]
---
amiibo Feature: amiibo Tap
[sharedmedia=gallery:images:25367]
[sharedmedia=gallery:images:25372]
Unlock 3-minute segments of classic Nintendo games with your amiibo and the amiibo Tap free download released April 30th, 2015.

Confirmed Games:
Nintendo Entertainment System
  • Super Mario Bros.
  • Super Mario Bros. 2
  • Super Mario Bros. 3
  • Super Mario Bros.: The Lost Levels
  • Kirby’s Adventure
  • The Legend of Zelda
  • Zelda II: The Adventure of Link
  • Metroid
  • Yoshi
  • Dr. Mario
  • Punchout!!
  • Mach Rider
  • Excitebike
  • Ice Climbers
  • Kid Icarus
  • Donkey Kong
  • Donkey Kong Jr.
  • Balloon Fight
  • Wrecking Crew
  • Pinball
  • Clu Clu Land
  • Wario’s Woods
Super Nintendo
  • Super Mario World
  • Super Mario Kart
  • F-Zero
  • Kirby’s Dreamland 3
  • Kirby’s Super Star
  • Kirby’s Dream Course
  • Super Metroid
  • The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past

Last edited by a moderator:
I personally was upset that Roy wasn't announced initially, but Marth was. So I was very happy to see him return in the DLC. I understand the annoyance to others, but Roy & Marth introduced me to the series like so many others. They both should have been there from the beginning for the same reason ice climbers should have, and jigglypuff remains.

Also: I want Geno from Mario RPG in smash. :p
I know I know..we don't need any more mario characters but I really want to see him in the game so bad....

bowser-jr-exclusive-656x490.jpg
 ​
 ​
Yesterday some news emerged confirming that Target will be the only store in the U.S. to be selling the Dr. Mario amiibo. In similar news, we’re now hearing about another retailer exclusive.

If you’re in Canada and want to get your hands on the Bowser Jr. figure, you’ll need to make a purchase at Toys “R” Us. It’s also worth mentioning that the amiibo will likely be exclusive to the retailer in the United States as well given how Lucario and Greninja were handled.

SOURCE: http://nintendoeverything.com/bowser-jr-amiibo-exclusive-to-toys-r-us-in-canada-likely-u-s-as-well/

Also: I want Geno from Mario RPG in smash. :p
I know I know..we don't need any more mario characters but I really want to see him in the game so bad....
That's been my main want ever since I heard they were making Melee back in the day. I'd accept Mallow as well, but Geno would make me squeal like a girl.

I understand that the game was a joint venture between Ninty & Square, but it pains me that they almost act like the game doesn't even exist. As good as both the Paper Mario and M&L series have been(not so much anymore), they don't even come close to Legend of the Seven Stars.

I'm thinking with the success of these amiibo the NX will be based around them as well as card amiibo's in some manner. I just keep thinking back to the E-reader. If nintendo could make cards that caught on which would add gameplay features or levels as well as work as a card game on their own as well as seen as collectibles it would put them far on top. This is a tall order and would require a lot of thought & I'm not sure nintendo has the minds to achieve it. It's a shame if not because it's a golden opportunity for nintendo to make a bold move in between console cycles & would be fitting since nintendo started off as a trading card company. It would be like mixing modern gaming with cards like we've never seen before. I have basic ideas but it's going to take a lot of true visionary's working together to make a lasting addictive thing out of it but I would not be surprised if something similar is being considered.

I'm thinking with the success of these amiibo the NX will be based around them as well as card amiibo's in some manner. I just keep thinking back to the E-reader. If nintendo could make cards that caught on which would add gameplay features or levels as well as work as a card game on their own as well as seen as collectibles it would put them far on top. This is a tall order and would require a lot of thought & I'm not sure nintendo has the minds to achieve it. It's a shame if not because it's a golden opportunity for nintendo to make a bold move in between console cycles & would be fitting since nintendo started off as a trading card company. It would be like mixing modern gaming with cards like we've never seen before. I have basic ideas but it's going to take a lot of true visionary's working together to make a lasting addictive thing out of it but I would not be surprised if something similar is being considered.
Reading this just makes me want a NFC chip enabled Triple Triad, possibly with Nintendo characters rather than FF characters...

Who is ready for Pokken Amiibo? It just screams next big franchise for the Amiibo to switch to. Spring of 2016 would theoretically be done with the Smash DLC characters, so pony up for your Gengar, Blaziken and Gardevoir Amiibo.

Do you guys use something to alert you of new Amiibos being stocked on various sites?
If so is there something which will run on iOS or Android?

Wait a few more weeks, tons of butt hurt angry people.
I don't even know what's going with Amiibo anymore. It was one thing trying to find what you know is coming... now I don't even know what's coming or all the new ones.

$20 shipped via Amazon Prime right now to avoid Toys R US.

Instead, people will spend days and gas driving around to "save" $6.
Or they'll just walk into Toys R Us when they open and grab one. Amiibo shouldn't be hard to get anymore if the last three launches were any indication. If you show up at or shortly after opening, you're set. No need to spend the extra $6 unless you want it now or can't make it to TRU on the morning of the 11th.

A lot of people completely lost interest in amiibos when they stopped selling at premium prices.  I love it.  Collectors are able to acquire new releases quite easily. 

Supply has pretty much met demand.  I wonder if Nintendo won't start to scale back the numbers a bit on future production after what happened with the retro 3 pack, in order to keep driving the demand for these products.  The hype has kind of died.  So has the media and discussion. 

Or they'll just walk into Toys R Us when they open and grab one. Amiibo shouldn't be hard to get anymore if the last three launches were any indication. If you show up at or shortly after opening, you're set. No need to spend the extra $6 unless you want it now or can't make it to TRU on the morning of the 11th.
Or they'll sit at their desk and work because they have a job and then miss out when store sell out within the first few hours.

You're right, Amiibo shouldn't be hard to get at this point but they're far from easy to get for some of us. I've done plenty of bitching/moaning about it and I get that people are probably tired of it but it's equally frustrating at how some of you guys simplify this so much because "they're not that hard to get." If you've got a flexible schedule, that's great but a lot of people don't.

The only Amiibo I've been able to get were the ones that have popped up online for a decent portion of time and even then I only got them by sheer luck. I would have completely missed Jiggly had I not had a short break in work to check CAG and Dark Pit had I checked CAG after work (although in both cases, I received poorly packed items so I'm still on the hunt for those two). The only time it was easy was the Ness reprint, when GS was well stocked where they actually lasted until after I was done working (and even longer, since I read some CAGs got them the following day).

I took my chances with Dark Pit and still got him when I went to BB on my lunch break. There's alot of stuff coming out on September 11th though, so I'm probably just going to call in sick. There's no way I'm going to be able to go to work at 6AM, and then rest on my laurels hoping I can score a Dr. Mario on my lunch break from Target and then a Bowser Jr. from TRU after work because the nearest one is about 20 miles away. Then there's also the 30th anniversary Mario to get and a copy of Mario Maker. The nice thing is that at least if I miss one, the prices aren't as ridiculously inflated as they were for waves 2 and 3. 

In all fairness dude, you've been having trouble finding mint NiB NA amiibos. Imports, dingers, etc are all pretty easily available. So you're a collector. That's great, so am I. But we're the ones making it hard on ourselves a lot of the time. Building a collector's set is a labor of love.

I took my chances with Dark Pit and still got him when I went to BB on my lunch break. There's alot of stuff coming out on September 11th though, so I'm probably just going to call in sick. There's no way I'm going to be able to go to work at 6AM, and then rest on my laurels hoping I can score a Dr. Mario on my lunch break from Target and then a Bowser Jr. from TRU after work because the nearest one is about 20 miles away. Then there's also the 30th anniversary Mario to get and a copy of Mario Maker. The nice thing is that at least if I miss one, the prices aren't as ridiculously inflated as they were for waves 2 and 3.
Unless you're getting paid for taking a sick day this is the most retarded thing I've ever heard. why not just get them off eBay for $20 for a EU version.

Unless you're getting paid for taking a sick day this is the most retarded thing I've ever heard. why not just get them off eBay for $20 for a EU version.
Yes, I get paid. I've got about 280 hours of paid vacation/sick time right now.

And I don't get what is so "retarded" about taking a day off to get what you want. I collect the NA versions of the Smash series so the EU thing is meaningless to me with the exception of the 8-bit Mario because I'll be opening that one. Why is that so difficult to comprehend?

Taking September 11th off will also give you a three day weekend too, that's a win right there. I think I am going to miss most of the September 11th amiibo release because of class, so I am hoping some online preorders do pop up later.

In all fairness dude, you've been having trouble finding mint NiB NA amiibos. Imports, dingers, etc are all pretty easily available. So you're a collector. That's great, so am I. But we're the ones making it hard on ourselves a lot of the time. Building a collector's set is a labor of love.
My post had nothing to do with getting mint NiB NA Amiibo. My post was simply a response to people who keep generalizing on how "easy" it is to get Amiibo b/c they were able to get one a few hours after the store opened and didn't even have to line up and there were X number still on the shelf ergo, it must not have hard to get these. My post was simply saying some of us don't have the option to get to until long after said store's been open all day.

And I've also never made a fuss about an Amiibo not being gem mint, although you are correct I only collect NA NiB. The only mint Amiibo I have is Palutena, the rest of mine have at least some notable shelf wear/minor card creases. I don't think it's too much to ask that something be packed with a slight bit of care, is it? That Target use a box big enough to fit the item or that BBY doesn't... I mean, shit I don't know WTF they did to fuck up DP that much.

My TRU had a good 50-60+ people for Greninja about an hour before opening, and probably 80+ by opening.

I dont regret the 6$ upcharge. My original plan was to have a sealed set of all the NA exclusives, but I'm pretty sure I give up on that and will sell/trade em off. We keep getting shafted and given a rediculous amount of them compared to other regions.

Or they'll sit at their desk and work because they have a job and then miss out when store sell out within the first few hours.

You're right, Amiibo shouldn't be hard to get at this point but they're far from easy to get for some of us. I've done plenty of bitching/moaning about it and I get that people are probably tired of it but it's equally frustrating at how some of you guys simplify this so much because "they're not that hard to get." If you've got a flexible schedule, that's great but a lot of people don't.

The only Amiibo I've been able to get were the ones that have popped up online for a decent portion of time and even then I only got them by sheer luck. I would have completely missed Jiggly had I not had a short break in work to check CAG and Dark Pit had I checked CAG after work (although in both cases, I received poorly packed items so I'm still on the hunt for those two). The only time it was easy was the Ness reprint, when GS was well stocked where they actually lasted until after I was done working (and even longer, since I read some CAGs got them the following day).
Did you have trouble getting the retro 3-pack? Stock levels for Dr. Mario are over 100k and I imagine Bowser Jr. will be similar. The others look about the same but spread across all stores. I sincerely believe this wave will be stress free for nearly everyone except the one guy who has everything stacked against him (and still complains despite knowing he's an outlier Nintendo couldn't please with all their might).

My TRU had a good 50-60+ people for Greninja about an hour before opening, and probably 80+ by opening.

I dont regret the 6$ upcharge. My original plan was to have a sealed set of all the NA exclusives, but I'm pretty sure I give up on that and will sell/trade em off. We keep getting shafted and given a rediculous amount of them compared to other regions.
I'd wager 75% of the people lined up for Wave 4 were resellers and people buying them for the rarity. The resale value for all of Wave 4 ended up being pretty dismal and I guarantee most of them are not bothering with this or any subsequent waves. I would not be suprised if only 20 - 30 people were in front of your TRU for Bowser Jr and I bet most stores will get 100+ judging by Dr. Mario numbers.

I can't say I blame you for importing - I'd totally do it if I was collecting open box. I just don't think people need to panic and import this wave before launch based on how poorly previous waves went. This one is a totally different beast.

Did you have trouble getting the retro 3-pack? Stock levels for Dr. Mario are over 100k and I imagine Bowser Jr. will be similar. The others look about the same but spread across all stores. I sincerely believe this wave will be stress free for nearly everyone except the one guy who has everything stacked against him (and still complains despite knowing he's an outlier Nintendo couldn't please with all their might).
The retro 3-pack preorders were on a Saturday, so no I didn't have trouble getting it since I don't work on most Saturdays. Wave 4 was released on a weekday, I think? And Wave 5 is on a Friday... so I won't be able to just walk in unless I can get the day off.

As for the rest of wave 5, yes, some of them will be plentiful, I'm sure but you know there'll be at least 1 or 2 that end up like Robin/Lucina.

Yes, I get paid. I've got about 280 hours of paid vacation/sick time right now.

And I don't get what is so "retarded" about taking a day off to get what you want. I collect the NA versions of the Smash series so the EU thing is meaningless to me with the exception of the 8-bit Mario because I'll be opening that one. Why is that so difficult to comprehend?
He's probably 14. The concept of PTO is probably something that overwhelms him.

I'd wager 75% of the people lined up for Wave 4 were resellers and people buying them for the rarity. The resale value for all of Wave 4 ended up being pretty dismal and I guarantee most of them are not bothering with this or any subsequent waves. I would not be suprised if only 20 - 30 people were in front of your TRU for Bowser Jr and I bet most stores will get 100+ judging by Dr. Mario numbers.

I can't say I blame you for importing - I'd totally do it if I was collecting open box. I just don't think people need to panic and import this wave before launch based on how poorly previous waves went. This one is a totally different beast.
Good point. Its why I held off on the Yarns and Mii's, but like others have said I'm sure atleast a couple of the upcoming will end up rare still. And it bums me out that preorders seem to be a thing of the past. I like being locked in ahead of time, not plotting out 2+ stores I need to hit back to back.

As for the rest of wave 5, yes, some of them will be plentiful, I'm sure but you know there'll be at least 1 or 2 that end up like Robin/Lucina.
Going by the stock numbers reported for Gamestop and Target for the rest of wave 5 it actually seems like the amounts of all the non-exclusive figures will likely be pretty similar. Which is kind of amazing considering how low Robin and Lucina were printed in the last round. I kind of figured Olimar and maybe Zero Suit Samus would get lower printed amounts this time but the early reported numbers seem to show that them, along with Ganondorf and the 8 bit Mario will all have similar numbers in stock. FYI, I don't have the link handy but those numbers were reported on the Reddit amiibo site.

I was going to ask the same thing lol. People keep saying, "Well we've all seen how good the numbers are this time around."  >.<

So.., what are the stock numbers? I only use this site.
Well off the top of my head, Gamestop will have between 8 - 12 of each figure per store while Target will have between 8 - 10 of each figure per store. Both of them should have a similar number go up online too. Factor in several other retailers stocking these things and you're looking at a decent amount across all stores that day. If it's anything like the last release, TRU will likely be the place to go as they tend to have the most figures. The exclusives should be stocked pretty handily (for example, Dr. Mario's sock has been rumored at 100K to 120K across all Targets and online).

Interesting that the green is exclusive to the bundle. At least it looks like a fun game.
What the heck is that larger yarn yoshi in November? ..!?

Wow, 9/11 is really a big day for releases.

Looking further down the calendar to 10/16, it looks like New Mario and Luigi U again? Are they re-releasing it or something? Maybe I'm not seeing it right because I'm on mobile and the screen is really tiny, but that's what it looks like.

Wow, 9/11 is really a big day for releases.

Looking further down the calendar to 10/16, it looks like New Mario and Luigi U again? Are they re-releasing it or something? Maybe I'm not seeing it right because I'm on mobile and the screen is really tiny, but that's what it looks like.
I don't think the combo of NSMBU and Luigi has ever been available at retail, just with the console bundle. It's getting a release together in October.

Not sure if people picked up on it in that chart but Mewtwo has been announced for 11/13/15 and Falco releases on 11/20/15.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back