Status
Not open for further replies.

litepink

CAGiversary!
Feedback
37 (100%)
**DO NOT POST TRADES HERE** Please use the amiibo Master Trade Thread
amiibo.gif

GOOGLE DOC WITH PRODUCT INFO (SKUs, Target DCPIs, etc)
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1uOZKhVW1S25GDETsqinf0Qzl1trbKcw2wT2swfcTAfE/edit#gid=0
(via redddit)

Retailers

Amazon
amazon.com

Toys R Us
Toysrus.com

Best Buy - 20% off with Gamers Club Unlocked Membership
[background=#202229]bestbuy.com[/background]

Target | 5% off and Free Shipping with REDcard
Target.com       In-store inventory tracker: http://brickseek.com/

Gamestop - Use promo code SAVER at checkout for free shipping over $25
http://www.gamestop.com/browse?nav=16k-3-amiibo,28zu0

Walmart
walmart.com

Other retailers:
goHastings | goHastings.com
FYE | fye.com | Store Locator
Meijer | In-store only. Stores in MI, IL, IN, and OH | Store Locatorhttp://www.meijer.com/custserv/store_locator.jsp
Fred Meyer | In-store | Store Locator
Nintendo World Store (New York City) | In-store only

Currently Available:
Wave 1 [Released Nov 2014]
Mario
Link
Pikachu
Samus
Donkey Kong
Peach
Yoshi
Villager
Kirby
Fox McCloud
Marth
Wii Fit Instructor

Wave 2 [Released Dec 2014]
Diddy Kong
Zelda
Little Mac
Pit
Luigi
Captain Falcon

Wave 3 [Released Jan/Feb 2015]
Sheik
Toon Link
Bowser
Mega Man
Sonic
King Dedede
Ike
Lucario (TRU Exclusive at launch now available elsewhere)
Rosalina (Target Exclsuive for now)
Shulk (Gamestop Exclusive at launch, now available elsewhere)

Super Mario Series [Released March 2015]
Mario
Peach
Luigi
Bowser
Yoshi
Toad
Silver Mario
*Gold Mario | exclusive to Walmart LINK

Wave 4 Super Smash Bros. Series [May 29th, 2015]
PacMan
Charizard
Wario
Robin
Lucina
Ness (Gamestop exclusive fo now)
Greninja (Toys R Us exclusive at launch, now available elsewhere)
Jigglypuff (Target exclusive for now)

Splatoon Series [May 29th 2015]
Splatoon 3-Pack (Boy, Girl, Squid)
Splatoon Boy
Splatoon Girl

Wave 5 Super Smash Bros. Series [July/September 2015]
Dark Pit - Best Buy Exclusive for now
Palutena - Amazon Exclusive for now
Bowser Jr.
Gannondorf
Zero Suit Samus

Olimar
Dr. Mario

30th Anniversary Mario [September 2015]
Classic Color
Modern Color (in North America, only available in Walmart console bundle at launch).

Animal Crossing Happy Home Designer Cards [September 2015]
http://animal-crossing.com/amiibo-cards/

Chibo-Robo [October 2015]
(Figure exclusive to Chibi-Robo Zip-Lash bundle for 3DS)

Upcoming
Yoshi's Wooly World [Oct 16th, 2015]
Yoshi (Green, Pink, Blue, Giant Green)

Falco, Mewtwo [2015]
Shovel Night [2016]
---
amiibo Feature: amiibo Tap
[sharedmedia=gallery:images:25367]
[sharedmedia=gallery:images:25372]
Unlock 3-minute segments of classic Nintendo games with your amiibo and the amiibo Tap free download released April 30th, 2015.

Confirmed Games:
Nintendo Entertainment System
  • Super Mario Bros.
  • Super Mario Bros. 2
  • Super Mario Bros. 3
  • Super Mario Bros.: The Lost Levels
  • Kirby’s Adventure
  • The Legend of Zelda
  • Zelda II: The Adventure of Link
  • Metroid
  • Yoshi
  • Dr. Mario
  • Punchout!!
  • Mach Rider
  • Excitebike
  • Ice Climbers
  • Kid Icarus
  • Donkey Kong
  • Donkey Kong Jr.
  • Balloon Fight
  • Wrecking Crew
  • Pinball
  • Clu Clu Land
  • Wario’s Woods
Super Nintendo
  • Super Mario World
  • Super Mario Kart
  • F-Zero
  • Kirby’s Dreamland 3
  • Kirby’s Super Star
  • Kirby’s Dream Course
  • Super Metroid
  • The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past

Last edited by a moderator:
So that means no shortage hopefully lol
I'll cross post what I posted on Reddit:

Just to be clear, we discussed this with them as well and it was more of a "they're developed in a different factory than amiibo. Another factory that specializes in NFC/toys to life figures. Maybe Disney Infinity or something else"

They never really told us specifics. I got the impression that wasn't information they really knew.

It's an amiibo, and he's pretty popular, i think unless they mass produce him, he'll be hard to find.
When we spoke with them they made it VERY clear that they understand the amiibo "crisis" and are going to do everything in their power to make it easy to get. They also said the factory is equipped and ready to produce more at a very fast pace if it does sell out.

Easy to get = clearance bin :p
Yeah, and it also serves has a warning that prevents others from trying it. I know it is hard to think of it this way, but the way they are selling makes more developers want to get into this and we get more variety. A small developer like them would get crushed if they had to eat the inventory on retailer returns.

Yeah, Yacht Club is going to have a hell of a time dealing with all those bent and dinged cards returned by picky customers. I wouldn't want to be in that position. They probably could have handled distribution of this on their own via the web.

Yeah, Yacht Club is going to have a hell of a time dealing with all those bent and dinged cards returned by picky customers. I wouldn't want to be in that position. They probably could have handled distribution of this on their own via the web.
Especially if they are packed like this...

Damaged-Amiibo_Dark_Pit_2-01.jpg

I wouldn't consider myself picky for returning it. :p

Better make sure you are up bright and early on Sept 11th.
Is Amazon not going to take pre-orders on Wave 5b?

I think it was mentioned each amiibo will go up one at a time in 1 hour windows like wave 4.
Do you have a link for this?
I am on the Amazon alert list for them and haven't received anything about this.
They contacted me about the Palutena figure and Wave 4, but as far as Wave 5b goes... nothing.

But unfortunately I'm guessing this won't be near Palutena numbers since Wave 5b aren't Amazon exclusives... I'd love to have some idea of their stock, because I think these will sell out *very* fast.

Actually this was just posted today from Amazon Josh regarding Wave 5b preorders

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CN1QYBSUAAA_bn7.jpg:large
What was he referencing when he said it wasn't accurate?

Also, Gamer SDP said:
"I think it was mentioned each amiibo will go up one at a time in 1 hour windows like wave 4."

Has anyone seen any posts from Amazon showing this or what times of the day each would be made available as they had with Wave 4?

I'm not sure I'd call their previous Wave 4 "successful". At least not from the buyer's perspective.
Both Robin and Lucinia had sold out even before they were shown as being in stock for most people hammering the F5 key. :p

Guess we aren't getting a Mario Maker bundle outside of the console bundle after all.
I just cancelled my order for Super Mario Maker.

Not even joking. I'll be damned if I'm going to play without the giant mushroom. It's bad enough that it's locked off behind the amiibo paywall at all, but I am sick of said amiibos being unobtainable.

This is the same reason I refused to buy Steam yesterday.

Looking at the reddit, it seems I'm not the only one thinking this way either. Looks like these shitty practices may be finally catching up to Nintendo.

Last edited:
I haven't kept up with amiibos but I saw the first one I wanted in a yoshi's wooly world promo.

What's the likelihood of obtaining the bundle from anywhere but Costo now? Is it sold out everywhere?

Not even joking. I'll be damned if I'm going to play without the giant mushroom. It's bad enough that it's locked off behind the amiibo paywall at all, but I am sick of said amiibos being unobtainable.

Looking at the reddit, it seems I'm not the only one thinking this way either. Looks like these shitty practices may be finally catching up to Nintendo.
LOL.

The Amiibo ISN'T EVEN OUT YET. Hahah.

I'm sure sales of Mario Maker will suffer because of a dozen sad fanboys :-({|=

BTW, "CLASSIC MARIO" will be available at Target. Please see the ad.

Are you going to buy it now? ARE YOU?

BTW, "CLASSIC MARIO" will be available at Target. Please see the ad.

Are you going to buy it now? ARE YOU?
The game won't be hard to come by in the least. If I get the amiibo at a reasonable price (that means no scalpers, console bundles, or importing) then yes I will buy it then. Not sooner.

But just because it's in the ad doesn't mean it will be easy, or even possible, to obtain.

Last edited:
The game won't be hard to come by in the least. If I get the amiibo at a reasonable price (that means no scalpers, console bundles, or importing) then yes I will buy it then. Not sooner.

But just because it's in the ad doesn't mean it will be easy, or even possible, to obtain.
LOL.

So you are just making silly statements when you don't even know row rarity. Good call.

LOL.

So you are just making silly statements when you don't even know row rarity. Good call.
Ignoring the fact that pre-ordering something like this is all but pointless to begin with, why should I buy a game when I don't know if I'll have access to all the features? Seriously, explain to me why I should take that gamble?

By cancelling my pre-order I, at worst, will either have to drive to the store to get the game, or wait an extra day or two to play it. IMO It's worth giving up having it delivered on Day 1 to ensure I get to actually experience the full fucking thing.

And FYI stock numbers have been leaked for a store or two online, assuming they aren't total BS we do have an idea of rarity. The only question is how many people locally are going to try to buy this one?

Last edited:
why they have to include the amiibo with the game? The amiibo is an extra, you don't need the giant mushroom to enjoy the game, like you don't need 20maps to enjoy a FPS. If you think you need that EXTRA, you pay for that EXTRA (DLC, amiibo, whatever). I would prefer to have it bundled since usually you can save a bit  more, but that is not a deal breaker. 

This really remind me of  this:

y8W5bwW.png

[quote name="Davivascaino" post="12899231" timestamp="1441208068"]
why they have to include the amiibo with the game? The amiibo is an extra, you don't need the giant mushroom to enjoy the game, like you don't need 20maps to enjoy a FPS. If you think you need that EXTRA, you pay for that EXTRA (DLC, amiibo, whatever). I would prefer to have it bundled since usually you can save a bit more, but that is not a deal breaker.

This is what is wrong with gamers today. I remember when you bought the full game up front. Micro transactions....in whatever form, are just a cash grab. Gaming has turned from, let's go buy Super Mario World for 50(might have been 60 I forget honestly so long back) and we can unlock everything! To....lets go buy game X for 60. Now next months let's pay $10 to unlock some things on the disc, and next month as well. Ohhhhh.... In 2 months I get to spend $14.99 on some levels the purposely with held to charge me later for. I purposely avid games that do this. Sure I may loose out on some "great things". But damn.... I refuse to eventually pay $100 for each game to have full content.

why they have to include the amiibo with the game? The amiibo is an extra, you don't need the giant mushroom to enjoy the game, like you don't need 20maps to enjoy a FPS. If you think you need that EXTRA, you pay for that EXTRA (DLC, amiibo, whatever). I would prefer to have it bundled since usually you can save a bit more, but that is not a deal breaker.
People don't seem to understand the concept of games. Every mode, powerup, character, skin, feature, ect. is an extra. It's all extras. No part of any game (or any entertainment for that matter) is mandatory.

Based on your logic you can argue the fire flower and mushroom in SMB should've been DLC because the game is technically playable without it. It's the same damn thing here. Yes, I can make a level without the giant mushroom, but why would I ever want to go without one of my favorite power-ups "because it's not needed"? Nothing in this game is "needed". CoD only needs 1 map to be playable, so why not charge for the other 19 right?

I wouldn't mind paying for the mega mushroom if the game itself were free and you just bought the power-ups you wanted to use in your creations. But that's not the case is it? No, for $60 I am owed everything on the disc. I still can't believe people argue against this.

I miss the days when people actually gave a damn about their rights as consumers. Guess it's just a sad by-product of today's beta bucks society :whistle2:(

Last edited:
[quote name="Davivascaino" post="12899231" timestamp="1441208068"]

This is what is wrong with gamers today. I remember when you bought the full game up front. Micro transactions....in whatever form, are just a cash grab. Gaming has turned from, let's go buy Super Mario World for 50(might have been 60 I forget honestly so long back) and we can unlock everything! To....lets go buy game X for 60. Now next months let's pay $10 to unlock some things on the disc, and next month as well. Ohhhhh.... In 2 months I get to spend $14.99 on some levels the purposely with held to charge me later for. I purposely avid games that do this. Sure I may loose out on some "great things". But damn.... I refuse to eventually pay $100 for each game to have full content.
LOL

I don't need that giant mushroom to enjoy the game. In my opinion, mario maker has enough content to justify its MSRP of 60 bucks. YOUR OPINION is different from mine, you are not right.

Again, I don't need that giant mushroom, I don't need 20 maps to enjoy halo or gears of war, or whatever game. You pay whatever you want based on whatever you think it is worth it.

I will get the amiibo not because I need the giant mushroom, but because I collect amiibos.

So calm down, and do not go doing generalization about gamers. What is wrong today is that everybody complains about everything, they try to find something to nip tuck the game and forget to enjoy it. I like what Iwata san said: GAmes are for fun. If I play the game and have fun, it is already paid off. MY OPINION

I think you guys just have to realize rcerboss only says the things he does to get a rise out of people. He doesn't actually believe any of the stuff he's saying. He just does it to see who will take the bait.

I think you guys just have to realize rcerboss only says the things he does to get a rise out of people. He doesn't actually believe any of the stuff he's saying. He just does it to see who will take the bait.
Not today I haven't, I meant everything I've said. Nintendo is going too far with the disc locked content, and that goes double for content requiring amiibo that aren't as readily available as Mario/Pikachu/ect. I refuse to pay $50-$60 for a game where I can't make use of all the tools that I want when the only reason I can't is because of an arbitrary amiibo paywall. Why you people think that makes me such a terrible monster or someone who can't be taken seriously is beyond me.

Not to mention the fact that the version a lot of fans wanted seems to be limited to a console bundle feels like a huge middle finger, even by NoA standards.

Last edited:
The wii u amiibo will be out on its own later.

Good job on really sticking to the act.
Care to share that source? Because a page or two back ago that didn't seem to be the case. You people say you follow amiibo more than I do and are saying that it seems extremely unlikely to get a standalone release now.

And you are right, being annoyed with Nintendo for any reason is impossible. It is an act.... it just has to be. When Capcom disc-locks content they are monsters but when Nintendo does it they are heroes.

you should just end it all, dude.
You get the rope and I'll get the stool.

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/americas/michelle-carter-teenager-pressured-boyfriend-to-kill-himself-by-sending-him-hundreds-of-text-messages-10481266.html

Stay classy CAG :wall:

Last edited:
I mean..it's pretty minor. Doesn't exactly qualify for a term like 'content-locking'. This isn't Sims 3, dam that crud was pure extortion but we expected just as much out of EA in it's current form.

I mean..it's pretty minor. Doesn't exactly qualify for a term like 'content-locking'. This isn't Sims 3, dam that crud was pure extortion but we expected just as much out of EA in it's current form.
What's minor to you is major to me. The filter stings but this was the power-up I was most interested in playing with. It was far and away my favorite part of NSMB. Locking it sucks.... and yes, any content that is locked behind a paywall, no matter how "minor", is content locking.

You have to ask: If this is so minor and so not a big deal, why lock it at all?

If nothing else, think of it like this: You may not have planned on using it in any of the levels you designed, but this will potentially hinder the development of any level you download from someone who doesn't have this amiibo.

Last edited:
mods on reddit came up with stock estimates for 5b

https://www.reddit.com/r/amiibo/comments/3jepg1/instore_inventory_numbers_for_911_release/

a bit off topic, but if anyone still looking for some amiibo from other waves check out my lowball! link is in signature
Dude, I'm not saying this simply to be contentious. But leave the self-promotion to your signature please.

You've advertised enough as it is--anyone who wants to participate already has participated or chosen to sit out by this point. The lowball reminders are getting more tiresome than the worn-out DLC discussion.

By all means, feel free to participate in on-topic discussion and post related amiibo deals and rumors. But no more self-promotion posts please. Thanks, man. :)

Dude, I'm not saying this simply to be contentious. But leave the self-promotion to your signature please.

You've advertised enough as it is--anyone who wants to participate already has participated or chosen to sit out by this point. The lowball reminders are getting more tiresome than the worn-out DLC discussion.

By all means, feel free to participate in on-topic discussion and post related amiibo deals and rumors. But no more self-promotion posts please. Thanks, man. :)
Im confused, isnt the self promotion in his sig?

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back