Status
Not open for further replies.

litepink

CAGiversary!
Feedback
37 (100%)
**DO NOT POST TRADES HERE** Please use the amiibo Master Trade Thread
amiibo.gif

GOOGLE DOC WITH PRODUCT INFO (SKUs, Target DCPIs, etc)
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1uOZKhVW1S25GDETsqinf0Qzl1trbKcw2wT2swfcTAfE/edit#gid=0
(via redddit)

Retailers

Amazon
amazon.com

Toys R Us
Toysrus.com

Best Buy - 20% off with Gamers Club Unlocked Membership
[background=#202229]bestbuy.com[/background]

Target | 5% off and Free Shipping with REDcard
Target.com       In-store inventory tracker: http://brickseek.com/

Gamestop - Use promo code SAVER at checkout for free shipping over $25
http://www.gamestop.com/browse?nav=16k-3-amiibo,28zu0

Walmart
walmart.com

Other retailers:
goHastings | goHastings.com
FYE | fye.com | Store Locator
Meijer | In-store only. Stores in MI, IL, IN, and OH | Store Locatorhttp://www.meijer.com/custserv/store_locator.jsp
Fred Meyer | In-store | Store Locator
Nintendo World Store (New York City) | In-store only

Currently Available:
Wave 1 [Released Nov 2014]
Mario
Link
Pikachu
Samus
Donkey Kong
Peach
Yoshi
Villager
Kirby
Fox McCloud
Marth
Wii Fit Instructor

Wave 2 [Released Dec 2014]
Diddy Kong
Zelda
Little Mac
Pit
Luigi
Captain Falcon

Wave 3 [Released Jan/Feb 2015]
Sheik
Toon Link
Bowser
Mega Man
Sonic
King Dedede
Ike
Lucario (TRU Exclusive at launch now available elsewhere)
Rosalina (Target Exclsuive for now)
Shulk (Gamestop Exclusive at launch, now available elsewhere)

Super Mario Series [Released March 2015]
Mario
Peach
Luigi
Bowser
Yoshi
Toad
Silver Mario
*Gold Mario | exclusive to Walmart LINK

Wave 4 Super Smash Bros. Series [May 29th, 2015]
PacMan
Charizard
Wario
Robin
Lucina
Ness (Gamestop exclusive fo now)
Greninja (Toys R Us exclusive at launch, now available elsewhere)
Jigglypuff (Target exclusive for now)

Splatoon Series [May 29th 2015]
Splatoon 3-Pack (Boy, Girl, Squid)
Splatoon Boy
Splatoon Girl

Wave 5 Super Smash Bros. Series [July/September 2015]
Dark Pit - Best Buy Exclusive for now
Palutena - Amazon Exclusive for now
Bowser Jr.
Gannondorf
Zero Suit Samus

Olimar
Dr. Mario

30th Anniversary Mario [September 2015]
Classic Color
Modern Color (in North America, only available in Walmart console bundle at launch).

Animal Crossing Happy Home Designer Cards [September 2015]
http://animal-crossing.com/amiibo-cards/

Chibo-Robo [October 2015]
(Figure exclusive to Chibi-Robo Zip-Lash bundle for 3DS)

Upcoming
Yoshi's Wooly World [Oct 16th, 2015]
Yoshi (Green, Pink, Blue, Giant Green)

Falco, Mewtwo [2015]
Shovel Night [2016]
---
amiibo Feature: amiibo Tap
[sharedmedia=gallery:images:25367]
[sharedmedia=gallery:images:25372]
Unlock 3-minute segments of classic Nintendo games with your amiibo and the amiibo Tap free download released April 30th, 2015.

Confirmed Games:
Nintendo Entertainment System
  • Super Mario Bros.
  • Super Mario Bros. 2
  • Super Mario Bros. 3
  • Super Mario Bros.: The Lost Levels
  • Kirby’s Adventure
  • The Legend of Zelda
  • Zelda II: The Adventure of Link
  • Metroid
  • Yoshi
  • Dr. Mario
  • Punchout!!
  • Mach Rider
  • Excitebike
  • Ice Climbers
  • Kid Icarus
  • Donkey Kong
  • Donkey Kong Jr.
  • Balloon Fight
  • Wrecking Crew
  • Pinball
  • Clu Clu Land
  • Wario’s Woods
Super Nintendo
  • Super Mario World
  • Super Mario Kart
  • F-Zero
  • Kirby’s Dreamland 3
  • Kirby’s Super Star
  • Kirby’s Dream Course
  • Super Metroid
  • The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past

Last edited by a moderator:
When did the Mario series Amiibos go up at Best Buy? I just checked last night and nothing. They seriously sold out that fast? That has to be a new Amiibo record. Guess it's a good thing I preordered at Amazon this time..
yep from my understanding sold out around midnight in 45 minutes

well regardless people went to stores to pre-order and thats the type of foot traffic they wanted, perhaps most people preordered all of Wave 3 while they were at it, etc

the point is the exclusive already served its purpose for GS
Actually I got some interesting test results, I tried checkout with an in-stock item over $25 to get free shipping with the code saver and throwing 1886 collector's in the order too. 1886 on it's own is $5 value shipping, but ordered with an item in-stock over $25, that item has free shipping + $1.50 shipping for 1886. It seems that the code saver applies a discount on shipping if you can find a way to apply the code.

So I'm getting mixed signals here, do we have confirmation that gamestop is getting in king Dedede and Ike today as well as the others?
I got told they won't be getting them till the 20th, but I'll still stroll in Friday since apparently they should have my Code Name Steam pin and possibly opening up Wave 4 preorders.

I don't feel a tinge of sadness for any CAGs that didn't snag Shulk. Preorders were available for probably a solid month before they went down. On the other hand, if you're just some joe-shmo that doesn't follow this stuff, then yeah, that blows.

Dude, calling every gamestop in the entirety of a state isn't going to do anything right now. Those people also probably weren't lying. Literally every account from everybody is that GS only has enough for preorders. If you really want to track one down, call after the pre-order hold period ends.

Supply and demand doesn't apply. Demand wouldn't be there if the supply wasnt short. For every one of us who is buying these because of their fandom for Smash Bros or a specific character or another compatible game, there are 500 more buying them because they are #rare. Look how many people have no interest in the commons, simply because they are common. I promise you, if Mario was a K-Mart exclusive or some shit, everybody and his brother would be chasing him down.

Supply and demand does apply. Look, you have 10 cups of lemonade for a $1. That is your supply. Now people find out you have lemonade that no one else has. So you find yourself with a line of 50 customers. So you sell the 10 cups but uh oh, you still have 40 thirsty customers, assuming some jackass didn't buy the 10 cups just for him. Those remaining customers are your demand. So now do you just close up shop and say, "That's all folks! Bye." or do you say, "Hey, give me 5 minutes" and walk to the grocery store to get water, lemons and sugar so you can have returning customers and most importantly, more money.

Moral: If you sell out of something, request for another order, so you can get the customer's satisfaction. Especially in a day and age where everyone tries to scalp it on Ebay.

When did the Mario series Amiibos go up at Best Buy? I just checked last night and nothing. They seriously sold out that fast? That has to be a new Amiibo record. Guess it's a good thing I preordered at Amazon this time..
yep from my understanding sold out around midnight in 45 minutes

Theyre getting the pins in this friday?
It was in the shipment manifest stuff that they were supposed to get 20 pins sometime this week. They thought they had them yesterday, but couldn't find the box they were supposed to come in. So figure they'd get them today or tomorrow. YMMV if your store is getting them already.

I don't feel a tinge of sadness for any CAGs that didn't snag Shulk. Preorders were available for probably a solid month before they went down. On the other hand, if you're just some joe-shmo that doesn't follow this stuff, then yeah, that blows.
I have to agree with you. Of all the store exclusive Amiibo Shulk was available the longest for pre orders. People should have realized when the Rosalinas and Lucarios sold out that they need to pre order Meta Knight and Shulk asap. I actually pre ordered a 2nd Shulk and MK when the Rosalina and Lucarios were gone in case I need to do some trading.

It was in the shipment manifest stuff that they were supposed to get 20 pins sometime this week. They thought they had them yesterday, but couldn't find the box they were supposed to come in. So figure they'd get them today or tomorrow. YMMV if your store is getting them already.
Crap, is it too late to pre order Codename STEAM?

I was gonna pre order it friday when I got paid.

Had an amazon order but want the Zelda pin.

I got told they won't be getting them till the 20th, but I'll still stroll in Friday since apparently they should have my Code Name Steam pin and possibly opening up Wave 4 preorders.
Speaking of which, are the Zelda pins sold out? Anyone know If I preorder codename steam today will I still get one?

Crap, is it too late to pre order Codename STEAM?

I was gonna pre order it friday when I got paid.

Had an amazon order but want the Zelda pin.

The other GameStop I called today got their Shulks in for pre-orders only.

I asked how long they would hold the pre-order for, and he said he's instituting a policy for Amiibos; if they're pre-ordered, they're not going to be put out for the public (at least for longer than usual 48 hours because of the Wave 1-2 fiasco.  I assume I just talked to a manager because he sounded like he was the one who put that policy in place for his store.

I'd say YMMV per GameStop, but it makes both their and our lives easier to not do the 48 hour thing until the craze for Shulk blows over.

I told him I'd pick up my in store reservation later.

Supply and demand does apply. Look, you have 10 cups of lemonade for a $1. That is your supply. Now people find out you have lemonade that no one else has. So you find yourself with a line of 50 customers. So you sell the 10 cups but uh oh, you still have 40 thirsty customers, assuming some jackass didn't buy the 10 cups just for him. Those remaining customers are your demand. So now do you just close up shop and say, "That's all folks! Bye." or do you say, "Hey, give me 5 minutes" and walk to the grocery store to get water, lemons and sugar so you can have returning customers and most importantly, more money.

Moral: If you sell out of something, request for another order, so you can get the customer's satisfaction. Especially in a day and age where everyone tries to scalp it on Ebay.
Except if your lemonade is readily available and everybody knows that they can get it whenever, there isn't a line of 50 people. Some of those people might want it still, but many of them will plan on getting it another time rather than rushing to you right then. Some of them will only even want to taste it because it's this special, limited, hyped type of lemonade.

Right now, because of rarity, Nintendo has ensured they will recieve the money of scalpers, as well as people who want them for their personal collections because they are rare. Imagine that tomorrow, every Best Buy gets as many Villagers as they have Luigis. Then, Amazon gets as many Wii Fit Trainers as they have Marios. You know what happens? Every scalper returns the 60 figures they bought, and everybody who was collecting just because of rarity says never mind. Now, Nintendo and the retailers have a bunch of Wii Fit Trainers and Villagers sitting around, as casual fans come in and buy Mario and Pikachu instead.

It's extremely possible that Nintendo will actually sell MORE of the rare characters, knowing scalpers and collectors are sure buyers, than they would if they actually produced more. The number of scalpers and rare-only-collectors who will buy is larger than the number of casual fans like myself who just want a complete set regardless because they love Smash Brothers or something.

Around 9:45 Arizona time. Don't know how long it lasted.

With the BBY sale, I bought my first Amiibo. I'm planning on only buying any Yoshi figures released but I'm not sure if I'll be able to stop mysel at just that. I said I would only buy 1 Skylander of each element and up to around 55 figures but the difference with Skylanders is they only cost me a few dollars each.

Here's hoping that GS fills these Shulk orders from the website. I got in so late to amiibos and live in an area where very few get stocked. If they fill my order I'll have made my wifes day

omg I got a Shulk order in somehow!  Halfway through the checkout it said the product was no longer available, but the order completed and I got confirmation email. 

EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Except you're completely wrong in this case. The unknown variable, a big one at that, is how much of the figurines can be ordered/reordered from the manufacturer. It's not like GS can just call Nintendo up and tell them to call their manufacturer and say, "give us 10,000 more Shulk Amiibos."

...I just got a call from Gamestop that my Shulk was in. The crazy thing is I don't even remember preordering Shulk. I must have done this back in December or something. I'm kind of in shock.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back