Status
Not open for further replies.

litepink

CAGiversary!
Feedback
37 (100%)
**DO NOT POST TRADES HERE** Please use the amiibo Master Trade Thread
amiibo.gif

GOOGLE DOC WITH PRODUCT INFO (SKUs, Target DCPIs, etc)
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1uOZKhVW1S25GDETsqinf0Qzl1trbKcw2wT2swfcTAfE/edit#gid=0
(via redddit)

Retailers

Amazon
amazon.com

Toys R Us
Toysrus.com

Best Buy - 20% off with Gamers Club Unlocked Membership
[background=#202229]bestbuy.com[/background]

Target | 5% off and Free Shipping with REDcard
Target.com       In-store inventory tracker: http://brickseek.com/

Gamestop - Use promo code SAVER at checkout for free shipping over $25
http://www.gamestop.com/browse?nav=16k-3-amiibo,28zu0

Walmart
walmart.com

Other retailers:
goHastings | goHastings.com
FYE | fye.com | Store Locator
Meijer | In-store only. Stores in MI, IL, IN, and OH | Store Locatorhttp://www.meijer.com/custserv/store_locator.jsp
Fred Meyer | In-store | Store Locator
Nintendo World Store (New York City) | In-store only

Currently Available:
Wave 1 [Released Nov 2014]
Mario
Link
Pikachu
Samus
Donkey Kong
Peach
Yoshi
Villager
Kirby
Fox McCloud
Marth
Wii Fit Instructor

Wave 2 [Released Dec 2014]
Diddy Kong
Zelda
Little Mac
Pit
Luigi
Captain Falcon

Wave 3 [Released Jan/Feb 2015]
Sheik
Toon Link
Bowser
Mega Man
Sonic
King Dedede
Ike
Lucario (TRU Exclusive at launch now available elsewhere)
Rosalina (Target Exclsuive for now)
Shulk (Gamestop Exclusive at launch, now available elsewhere)

Super Mario Series [Released March 2015]
Mario
Peach
Luigi
Bowser
Yoshi
Toad
Silver Mario
*Gold Mario | exclusive to Walmart LINK

Wave 4 Super Smash Bros. Series [May 29th, 2015]
PacMan
Charizard
Wario
Robin
Lucina
Ness (Gamestop exclusive fo now)
Greninja (Toys R Us exclusive at launch, now available elsewhere)
Jigglypuff (Target exclusive for now)

Splatoon Series [May 29th 2015]
Splatoon 3-Pack (Boy, Girl, Squid)
Splatoon Boy
Splatoon Girl

Wave 5 Super Smash Bros. Series [July/September 2015]
Dark Pit - Best Buy Exclusive for now
Palutena - Amazon Exclusive for now
Bowser Jr.
Gannondorf
Zero Suit Samus

Olimar
Dr. Mario

30th Anniversary Mario [September 2015]
Classic Color
Modern Color (in North America, only available in Walmart console bundle at launch).

Animal Crossing Happy Home Designer Cards [September 2015]
http://animal-crossing.com/amiibo-cards/

Chibo-Robo [October 2015]
(Figure exclusive to Chibi-Robo Zip-Lash bundle for 3DS)

Upcoming
Yoshi's Wooly World [Oct 16th, 2015]
Yoshi (Green, Pink, Blue, Giant Green)

Falco, Mewtwo [2015]
Shovel Night [2016]
---
amiibo Feature: amiibo Tap
[sharedmedia=gallery:images:25367]
[sharedmedia=gallery:images:25372]
Unlock 3-minute segments of classic Nintendo games with your amiibo and the amiibo Tap free download released April 30th, 2015.

Confirmed Games:
Nintendo Entertainment System
  • Super Mario Bros.
  • Super Mario Bros. 2
  • Super Mario Bros. 3
  • Super Mario Bros.: The Lost Levels
  • Kirby’s Adventure
  • The Legend of Zelda
  • Zelda II: The Adventure of Link
  • Metroid
  • Yoshi
  • Dr. Mario
  • Punchout!!
  • Mach Rider
  • Excitebike
  • Ice Climbers
  • Kid Icarus
  • Donkey Kong
  • Donkey Kong Jr.
  • Balloon Fight
  • Wrecking Crew
  • Pinball
  • Clu Clu Land
  • Wario’s Woods
Super Nintendo
  • Super Mario World
  • Super Mario Kart
  • F-Zero
  • Kirby’s Dreamland 3
  • Kirby’s Super Star
  • Kirby’s Dream Course
  • Super Metroid
  • The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past

Last edited by a moderator:
Sorry guys. Went out hunting again tonight at a target and best buy with the misses and then we ended up grabbing some grub... It payed off though.
https://lh5.googleusercontent.com/7NhBu9GiJqmXHwPknhRYGEEdJzH8O_YBqN_Y6qJvWmXFbBlslG0Q61Hl3s9pYHVR0TScNDpbd9E=w1332-h513

She was just hanging out behind a Mario... Someone tried hiding her I guess.
Man you were really determined to have a photo of the Rosalina you found (I think it is).... Epic fail on that,but still nice lucky find

Yeah sorry, this website is unique to every forum I've been on. I don't understand it. You can put an image in your post box, but it keeps popping up "Extension not allowed on the community" or some shit. Why it's not normal HTML code like everywhere else is beyond my comprehension. Anyhoo, yeah, it's a Rosalina, very psyched. I'm also meeting a guy tomorrow for Pit, 2 Falcons, Lucario, Ike, Sheik and 2 foxs for $125 so I'm pumped.

Yeah sorry, this website is unique to every forum I've been on. I don't understand it. You can put an image in your post box, but it keeps popping up "Extension not allowed on the community" or some shit. Why it's not normal HTML code like everywhere else is beyond my comprehension. Anyhoo, yeah, it's a Rosalina, very psyched. I'm also meeting a guy tomorrow for Pit, 2 Falcons, Lucario, Ike, Sheik and 2 foxs for $125 so I'm pumped.
You're probably trying to pump a link in that pulls up the image instead of a direct link to the image.

Sounds like you really only getting a pit, Captain Falcon and Lucario.... You still have a huge chance of getting the rest but hey if it feels right to you why not right

Well, hate to say it but I got the fever....and have to stop. I never sell the crap I collect ....of course don't try very hard either.

With that said, I do have a Captain Falcon, a Sheik, 3 Toon Links, ( had some friends that saw them and bought for me), and preordered Toad. I wouldn't mind getting a Villager, although probably won't see one.

Definitely want Pacman! (need to preorder somewhere?)

Tried to get a Rosalina, but the scalpers get them....early bird tramples the hesitate worm.....

Thinking about posting the trades I have, maybe get something I will actually want....
ha ha me too. Just bought my first 3. I might buy a few this weekend

Have there been any reports of GS stores being short shipped on in-store Shulk pre-orders? I wasn't able to get to my store today and am wondering if I need to be concerned about probably being the last person to come in to claim my pre-order at this store.
My gamestop got 16 Shulk figures in for 18 preorders. It didn't look good for people that didn't get there early, considering the first dude to buy the figure had 4 preordered.

Was able to grab Yoshi, Peach, Donkey Kong, Mario Party Luigi & Toad all for $48 shipped from Best Buy which is nice. Now to track down DeDeDe and Mega Man...

Really? Then no, no you don't get it at all. LOL.

Fact of the matter is that no, Amiibo do not have street dates. As proven to you by the countless examples I listed previously. Just because Best Buy doesn't sell Sheik or Toon Link until 2/1 does not mean they have street dates of 2/1. Correlation is not causation. Your register blinks a warning to you, the same way they did in 1999 when they were installed, that does not mean it's the heavenly truth. That's just the way it exists in your blue and yellow world. Your almighty store can throw around improper jargon as much as they'd like. Employees have been doing it since inception. It's nothing new.

People like you that propagate all the misinformation around here is what I have a real problem with. A guy comes here excited to post that he got a manager override to sell him Meta Knight early and your responses are "Incredibly unlikely" and "because the registers won't allow it". Yeah pal, we know that. But you think that because you have a job there, that gives you the authority to basically call him a liar. Two days ago you wouldn't have even been able to tell anyone that Best Buy would be selling Meta Knight on 2/20 so what do you even know anyways.

Yes. Yes, you do.
Not a single thing you've said changes the fact that Best Buy has a street date for Amiibos and it is to be adhered to by every employee just as any other normally street dated product. That is not misinformation, it is fact. As I've said before, whether or not Best Buy itself is the one placing the street date lock on them doesn't change anything. As far as being purchased and whether or not an employee is likely to override, it is indeed incredibly unlikely as that is what the purpose of the whole street date status is to begin with. Someone didn't want it sold before said date. Pretty simple.

If you'd like a picture of the literal street date I'm more than happy to oblige. Just stop leading people to believe that they have a good chance to walk in and claim a Metaknight. That is misinformation. We turned away a lot of people yesterday once the internet got wind that we received them in.

I'm going to try to secure a MK at my local best buy.
I doubt I'll have any luck but it can't hurt to try. I'm just going to explain how I'll be unavailable at launch and have no other chance.
maybe the associate will be sympathetic to my cause.

Friday though, Christ that's going to be a big day.

I don't even have to hunt but just driving around store to store in rush hour traffic picking up all my stuff I ordered at gamestop and TRU is gonna be an adventure.

TRU held my lucario so I'd expect they'll hold my 3b preorders as well,
Then performing a in store system transfer on N3DS is gonna be wild.

At least my gamestop has cool employees, as I hate 99.9 gamestops I've been to.

Every single gs will tell everyone shulk is only for pre orders and have no extra for sale. Turn around all the extra Shulk's go to whoever in charge of that gs or his/her sidekick. They buy all the extra for easy extra pay check.

Did anyone get an email from Best Buy to pick up Sonic tomorrow? Didn't get mine yet. Usually I get it by 6am but nothing yet.

Every single gs will tell everyone shulk is only for pre orders and have no extra for sale. Turn around all the extra Shulk's go to whoever in charge of that gs or his/her sidekick. They buy all the extra for easy extra pay check.
They can get fired if they are caught reselling.

I have a preorder at best buy and will go try to get my MK since I am relocating soon that will be my sob story. Hopefully I get someone cool who knows me I frequent the store alot. Wish me luck!!

When I was picking up my Shulk one of the employees was bragging about how she had "all of them" and the other employee confirmed how she got to cherry pick their stock before they were sold to customers. I just assume that happened everywhere and just one of the few "perks" you get for working retail. To be honest, it doesn't bother me because I know retail jobs suck and the pay sucks so they should take advantage of the one the very few "perks" they get.

When I was picking up my Shulk one of the employees was bragging about how she had "all of them" and the other employee confirmed how she got to cherry pick their stock before they were sold to customers. I just assume that happened everywhere and just one of the few "perks" you get for working retail. To be honest, it doesn't bother me because I know retail jobs suck and the pay sucks so they should take advantage of the one the very few "perks" they get.
Agreed. At my Gamestop, the employee had not preordered a Shulk and didn't think they would get one, but one of the preorders now lives hours away. They'll hold it for them in case the buyer finds a way to pick it up, but the employee's excitement of possibly getting the Shulk was obvious. They're also gamers.

I just noticed BB put up a 2nd Mario Party 10 listing so I got excited buuuuut it's just the digital download, not the Mario Amiibo bundle :( BB is slow.

Yep .. most of us got emails yesterday to let us know it happened. If you pre'd that is.
Yeah, but the street date on the website is what's preventing store sales, and I know it was still showing 12/31/15 at 6am EST today

Woah, and now I refreshed again and it's back to 12/31/15.
... and again 10 minutes later and it's 2/20/15.
They really don't know what to do with this guy

Gamestop called me last night wondering if I'd be in soon to pick up my Shulk order. How fucking annoying. Now I get to waste my time calling them to tell them to not sell or take my order and I'll be in to pick it up tomorrow. Is this a normal thing with in store pick up orders or are they trying to keep it for themselves like I think?

Gamestop called me last night wondering if I'd be in soon to pick up my Shulk order. How fucking annoying. Now I get to waste my time calling them to tell them to not sell or take my order and I'll be in to pick it up tomorrow. Is this a normal thing with in store pick up orders or are they trying to keep it for themselves like I think?
Id go with, theyre tired of getting call after call asking for it b/c it shows in stock...im guessing at the least, they want them all picked up so itll show out of stock lol.

They're only obligated to hold it for a few days. Just pick it up asap, especially since they're attempting to make contact. A phone call and a drive to the store are a small price to pay over trying to find a reasonably priced Shulk later on.

Yeah it was posted earlier that Yoshi, DK, and Peach have a new MSRP of 9.99. Which is as you said most likely to clear cluttered stock to make way for the super Mario Bros series ones.
i don't think it's MSRP because not all stores have it, just a limited sale. Please everyone report the yoshi price of bestbuy to amazon so they will match

I'd put money down that they do an unofficial Xenoblade/Shulk bundle. They've done it with rare systems and accessories in the past as we all know.
that's guaranteed.

Jeez, dude, we get it, you're anal about it. Take a chill pill. There is practically no difference between release date and street date.
just block nothing371 he's such a troll and just likes to start arguments over nothing.

Glad I stopped by GS and picked up my Shulk preorders right after work yesterday. The clerk said store only got 7 of them and all were for preorders. He also mentioned that they received and extra Sheik and Toon Link but that he was keeping them for himself. That's just filthy. And why would you say that to a customer who is obviously interested in and knowledgeable about  Amiibo's. 

He was basically rubbing it in my face. Dick.

But who's watching?
I'd assume it's a don't ask don't tell kind of scenario.
I also bet it happens w every rare item.
even if they cared it would be very hard to prove an employee is reselling.

why haven't you picked it up yet? I'm sure they are calling you because they don't want a pissed off customer when you go tomorrow and it's already sold. Just pick it up today, why risk losing it.

Glad I stopped by GS and picked up my Shulk preorders right after work yesterday. The clerk said store only got 7 of them and all were for preorders. He also mentioned that they received and extra Sheik and Toon Link but that he was keeping them for himself. That's just filthy. And why would you say that to a customer who is obviously interested in and knowledgeable about Amiibo's.

toon link and sheik are basically common now so it's not a huge deal.

Glad I stopped by GS and picked up my Shulk preorders right after work yesterday. The clerk said store only got 7 of them and all were for preorders. He also mentioned that they received and extra Sheik and Toon Link but that he was keeping them for himself. That's just filthy. And why would you say that to a customer who is obviously interested in and knowledgeable about Amiibo's.

A quick call to corporate, preferably right in the store in front of him, would get you the Amiibos he's holding for himself.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back