Status
Not open for further replies.

litepink

CAGiversary!
Feedback
37 (100%)
**DO NOT POST TRADES HERE** Please use the amiibo Master Trade Thread
amiibo.gif

GOOGLE DOC WITH PRODUCT INFO (SKUs, Target DCPIs, etc)
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1uOZKhVW1S25GDETsqinf0Qzl1trbKcw2wT2swfcTAfE/edit#gid=0
(via redddit)

Retailers

Amazon
amazon.com

Toys R Us
Toysrus.com

Best Buy - 20% off with Gamers Club Unlocked Membership
[background=#202229]bestbuy.com[/background]

Target | 5% off and Free Shipping with REDcard
Target.com       In-store inventory tracker: http://brickseek.com/

Gamestop - Use promo code SAVER at checkout for free shipping over $25
http://www.gamestop.com/browse?nav=16k-3-amiibo,28zu0

Walmart
walmart.com

Other retailers:
goHastings | goHastings.com
FYE | fye.com | Store Locator
Meijer | In-store only. Stores in MI, IL, IN, and OH | Store Locatorhttp://www.meijer.com/custserv/store_locator.jsp
Fred Meyer | In-store | Store Locator
Nintendo World Store (New York City) | In-store only

Currently Available:
Wave 1 [Released Nov 2014]
Mario
Link
Pikachu
Samus
Donkey Kong
Peach
Yoshi
Villager
Kirby
Fox McCloud
Marth
Wii Fit Instructor

Wave 2 [Released Dec 2014]
Diddy Kong
Zelda
Little Mac
Pit
Luigi
Captain Falcon

Wave 3 [Released Jan/Feb 2015]
Sheik
Toon Link
Bowser
Mega Man
Sonic
King Dedede
Ike
Lucario (TRU Exclusive at launch now available elsewhere)
Rosalina (Target Exclsuive for now)
Shulk (Gamestop Exclusive at launch, now available elsewhere)

Super Mario Series [Released March 2015]
Mario
Peach
Luigi
Bowser
Yoshi
Toad
Silver Mario
*Gold Mario | exclusive to Walmart LINK

Wave 4 Super Smash Bros. Series [May 29th, 2015]
PacMan
Charizard
Wario
Robin
Lucina
Ness (Gamestop exclusive fo now)
Greninja (Toys R Us exclusive at launch, now available elsewhere)
Jigglypuff (Target exclusive for now)

Splatoon Series [May 29th 2015]
Splatoon 3-Pack (Boy, Girl, Squid)
Splatoon Boy
Splatoon Girl

Wave 5 Super Smash Bros. Series [July/September 2015]
Dark Pit - Best Buy Exclusive for now
Palutena - Amazon Exclusive for now
Bowser Jr.
Gannondorf
Zero Suit Samus

Olimar
Dr. Mario

30th Anniversary Mario [September 2015]
Classic Color
Modern Color (in North America, only available in Walmart console bundle at launch).

Animal Crossing Happy Home Designer Cards [September 2015]
http://animal-crossing.com/amiibo-cards/

Chibo-Robo [October 2015]
(Figure exclusive to Chibi-Robo Zip-Lash bundle for 3DS)

Upcoming
Yoshi's Wooly World [Oct 16th, 2015]
Yoshi (Green, Pink, Blue, Giant Green)

Falco, Mewtwo [2015]
Shovel Night [2016]
---
amiibo Feature: amiibo Tap
[sharedmedia=gallery:images:25367]
[sharedmedia=gallery:images:25372]
Unlock 3-minute segments of classic Nintendo games with your amiibo and the amiibo Tap free download released April 30th, 2015.

Confirmed Games:
Nintendo Entertainment System
  • Super Mario Bros.
  • Super Mario Bros. 2
  • Super Mario Bros. 3
  • Super Mario Bros.: The Lost Levels
  • Kirby’s Adventure
  • The Legend of Zelda
  • Zelda II: The Adventure of Link
  • Metroid
  • Yoshi
  • Dr. Mario
  • Punchout!!
  • Mach Rider
  • Excitebike
  • Ice Climbers
  • Kid Icarus
  • Donkey Kong
  • Donkey Kong Jr.
  • Balloon Fight
  • Wrecking Crew
  • Pinball
  • Clu Clu Land
  • Wario’s Woods
Super Nintendo
  • Super Mario World
  • Super Mario Kart
  • F-Zero
  • Kirby’s Dreamland 3
  • Kirby’s Super Star
  • Kirby’s Dream Course
  • Super Metroid
  • The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past

Last edited by a moderator:
I called yesterday and asked first the woman checked inventory and said 9. Lets just say Midwest I dont want to be too specific as I don't want anybody to get in trouble. Manager scanned another amiibo to check out
Yeah there will be quite a few pissed off people that aren't getting their pre orders now.

I called yesterday and asked first the woman checked inventory and said 9. Lets just say Midwest I dont want to be too specific as I don't want anybody to get in trouble. Manager scanned another amiibo to check out
That's screwed up on the managers part. Probably screwing people out of their preorders.

picked up my shulk last night.  Gamestop never called me to let me know that it was in.  After seeing all of the comments in here about them being available all over the country, I decided to call the store last yesterday and was told that they were in.

I was the last person to pick it up too.  When I was there I overheard another employee explaining to some customer that they do not have any extra and will only have them if someone doesn't pick up their pre-order.

What if you paid it in full?

After 48hrs, do they have the right to refund you and sell it to someone else?
Idk bro, but I was at gamestop yesterday and was talking to an employee and he just told me people have 48hrs to pick their order up or its up for grabs, which does seem very shitty. I'm guessing but not sure, they would cancel your order and just give refund tho.

picked up my shulk last night. Gamestop never called me to let me know that it was in. After seeing all of the comments in here about them being available all over the country, I decided to call the store last yesterday and was told that they were in.

I was the last person to pick it up too. When I was there I overheard another employee explaining to some customer that they do not have any extra and will only have them if someone doesn't pick up their pre-order.
GS called me before they closed last night and told me that I had til tomorrow to pick it up or they would sell it. I was like "WTF?!" because when I tried to pick up the Smash Bundle a week after release they wouldn't sell it to me because it was a "special case" same with GS that had ONE Marth amiibo preorder that wasn't picked up

My Fox amiibo order from Amazon arrived late last night using 'one day' free shipping (no prime). How? I called in after placing the order and asked nicely to get the shipping upgraded to one day for free. Ordered Monday morning arrived Wednesday night, since they needed an extra day to process the order. They all arrived safely with no blemishes or damage. Thanks Amazon!

nFDtsN7.jpg

One more day to hope people don't pick up their Shulks! Then I might have a chance to fight people at the doors when GameStop opens tomorrow for a Shulk!

Was Shulk officially released yesterday? My GameStop never gave me a call about my order so I will probably call them today and go after work to pick up. The tracking on the website says it is in stock so I'm wondering why they didn't call. 

I'm guessing they are hoping people don't "pick up" so they can keep for themselves. So if it released yesterday I would have until the end of today to pick up correct?

What if you paid it in full?

After 48hrs, do they have the right to refund you and sell it to someone else?
That's what I did with mine... when I placed the pre-order the girl there told me, "no, we won't hold it for more than 48 hours". But when I got the call yesterday, I asked it to be held until Saturday night (1 more day) and he said, "yeah, no problem."

Given how many people work there, I'm thinking I'm SoL since I know some random employee is gonna just sell it to whoever asks.

Meta Knight is showing available for store pickup but I can't add it to my cart :( argh
Been that way since they went up. I went to one of the store that showed stock and the guy there said store pick-ups are being disabled on all the limited models. There's Ikes and Dededes showing in stock at some stores near me and they're the same way.

Just in case ppl missed on the news the past 48 hours...you will not be able to get a MK amiibo until the 20th. You would have to have some sort of a major screw up to get this to happen (scan different amiibo and check out). I don't know that an override can even happen at this point.

Just bc they are in stock unfortunately doesn't mean they have to sell them. As a company, BEST BUY, is choosing to sell MK on 2/20

Got my Shulk in the mail yesterday.  Nicely boxed and in good condition.  Now I just need Gamestop to come through on my Ike, Sonic and Dedede order that is "delayed".  

Been that way since they went up. I went to one of the store that showed stock and the guy there said store pick-ups are being disabled on all the limited models. There's Ikes and Dededes showing in stock at some stores near me and they're the same way.
Bummer, I didn't realize it showed up for pickup since the beginning. Maybe it just wasn't available near me at first, idk something looked different and caught my eye. Oh well. Guess my only hope for a U.S. MK now is that he comes to another retailer

Not a single thing you've said changes the fact that Best Buy has a street date for Amiibos and it is to be adhered to by every employee just as any other normally street dated product. That is not misinformation, it is fact. As I've said before, whether or not Best Buy itself is the one placing the street date lock on them doesn't change anything. As far as being purchased and whether or not an employee is likely to override, it is indeed incredibly unlikely as that is what the purpose of the whole street date status is to begin with. Someone didn't want it sold before said date. Pretty simple.

If you'd like a picture of the literal street date I'm more than happy to oblige. Just stop leading people to believe that they have a good chance to walk in and claim a Metaknight. That is misinformation. We turned away a lot of people yesterday once the internet got wind that we received them in.
Tell me about it. Being wrong isn't the end of the world , but you'd sure think it was the way he handles it.
I ain't wrong. and I'm not leading people to believe they can go score one. That would be foolish. So take the strawman part of your response and shove it.

Amiibo don't have street dates. You are wrong. Go and educate yourself on the definition. Try to think outside your corporate box for a second. Street dates are the particular days that a movie, video game, or music is released that all retailers adhere to and don't break because of possible fines. All copies hit the STREET on the same day. Amiibo don't follow that rule. Shulk didn't have a street date for the 13th that was broken by being sold yesterday. Canada has been selling Meta Knight for days. You know, the same region where you claim there is a street date. Best Buy could make a decision tomorrow to sell their Meta Knights on Sunday. Just like the decision they made recently to sell on 2/20. Do you know why?? BECAUSE THERE IS NO STREET DATE. You're no different than any other blue shirt that walks around thinking that confidence is the proper solution to anything. You're about as useless as the five guys and gals that approach me every time I'm in the store asking me if I need any help.

Most retail employees have been great in regards to amiibo. But I hope to god there are no more store exclusives because dealing with a few you retail people and your egos has been insufferable.

You need to tell us where. If anyone here got screwed, they have a week to raise hell and get the store restocked.

Also, if you need to spoiler text a post for one person, then just pm it. What a loser.

Went back to bestbuy and they told me they sold out yesterday. That all customers that went bought multiple meta knights. I only bought 2 as I didn't want to push my luck. They only got 9 in stock if thats true they most likely sold all the preorders and people will be lining up on the 20th for nothing
LOL that's great. Can we get CAiNiAC in here to tell us that this didn't happen? I bet his head is exploding somewhere right now. Some manager somewhere is going to get fired over this right dude? hahaha yeah right.

Congratulations on getting the sale in true CAG fashion.

For CAiNiAC. rest of you can read at your own discretion
This might be the single dumbest argument I have ever read on CAG. There is no "legal" definition of a street date. It's an industry term that distributors created back in the home video days and as such, stores such as Best Buy or anyone else can use that term if they want to describe limitations they are placing on when something can be sold. Street dates get lifted by distributors all the time and it has happened for various games. You can call it a street date or a sell on date or whatever else you want to call it, it's the same thing, it's just being imposed by the retailer rather than the distributor or publisher and it means that until 02/20/15, you can't buy Meta Knight at Best Buy without some error or manipulation by an employee or manager.

LOL that's great. Can we get CAiNiAC in here to tell us that this didn't happen? I bet his head is exploding somewhere right now. Some manager somewhere is going to get fired over this right dude? hahaha yeah right.

Congratulations on getting the sale in true CAG fashion.
Screwing people who preordered out of their Amiibos is not true CAG fashion.

I ain't wrong. and I'm not leading people to believe they can go score one. That would be foolish. So take the strawman part of your response and shove it.

Amiibo don't have street dates. You are wrong. Go and educate yourself on the definition. Try to think outside your corporate box for a second. Street dates are the particular days that a movie, video game, or music is released that all retailers adhere to and don't break because of possible fines. All copies hit the STREET on the same day. Amiibo don't follow that rule. Shulk didn't have a street date for the 13th that was broken by being sold yesterday. Canada has been selling Meta Knight for days. You know, the same region where you claim there is a street date. Best Buy could make a decision tomorrow to sell their Meta Knights on Sunday. Just like the decision they made recently to sell on 2/20. Do you know why?? BECAUSE THERE IS NO STREET DATE. You're no different than any other blue shirt that walks around thinking that confidence is the proper solution to anything. You're about as useless as the five guys and gals that approach me every time I'm in the store asking me if I need any help.

Most retail employees have been great in regards to amiibo. But I hope to god there are no more store exclusives because dealing with a few you retail people and your egos has been insufferable.
Take your own advice. Maybe you two can take your makeout session to PMs, no one else gives a shit.

Also, if you need to spoiler text a post for one person, then just pm it. What a loser.
This.

That's what I did with mine... when I placed the pre-order the girl there told me, "no, we won't hold it for more than 48 hours". But when I got the call yesterday, I asked it to be held until Saturday night (1 more day) and he said, "yeah, no problem."

Given how many people work there, I'm thinking I'm SoL since I know some random employee is gonna just sell it to whoever asks.
I'd understand the 48hr hold for a partially-paid preorder,

But if they are cancelling/refunding fully-paid ones then I feel like that's a little unnecessary

& what I'm getting from Nothing### is he is arguing semantics, like I think someone (deader?), had already pointed out.

Shhhhh. carry on

Take your own advice. Maybe you two can take your makeout session to PMs, no one else gives a shit.

This.
sure thing. FIFY. I didn't realize the spoiler tags were so unpopular. I thought people might have appreciated not having to wade through a wall of text they don't care about.

sure thing. FIFY. I didn't realize the spoiler tags were so unpopular. I thought people might have appreciated not having to wade through a wall of text they don't care about.
Lol when you have to preface it with "For CAiNiAC. rest of you can read at your own discretion"...that kinda sounds like a hint to use the PM feature.

Its a self imposed street date, but a street date nonetheless. I'll post a pic of the street date confimation when I'm home later. Just keep calm and move on. Clearly people were right about you overreacting and should be ignore.

You need to tell us where. If anyone here got screwed, they have a week to raise hell and get the store restocked.

Pretty spot on.

This might be the single dumbest argument I have ever read on CAG. There is no "legal" definition of a street date. It's an industry term that distributors created back in the home video days and as such, stores such as Best Buy or anyone else can use that term if they want to describe limitations they are placing on when something can be sold. Street dates get lifted by distributors all the time and it has happened for various games. You can call it a street date or a sell on date or whatever else you want to call it, it's the same thing, it's just being imposed by the retailer rather than the distributor or publisher and it means that until 02/20/15, you can't buy Meta Knight at Best Buy without some error or manipulation by an employee or manager.
This, this, this.

Bummer, I didn't realize it showed up for pickup since the beginning. Maybe it just wasn't available near me at first, idk something looked different and caught my eye. Oh well. Guess my only hope for a U.S. MK now is that he comes to another retailer
By "begging" I meant when they started showing up in store inventory. The stores are getting more than just their preorders, but not many. If you're in good with an employee there they can actually look up the number of preorders they have and they'll know how many extra they should have for sale on the 20th... but many will tell you they aren't able to do that.

Glad I stopped by GS and picked up my Shulk preorders right after work yesterday. The clerk said store only got 7 of them and all were for preorders. He also mentioned that they received and extra Sheik and Toon Link but that he was keeping them for himself. That's just filthy. And why would you say that to a customer who is obviously interested in and knowledgeable about Amiibo's.

He was basically rubbing it in my face. Dick.
A quick call to corporate, preferably right in the store in front of him, would get you the Amiibos he's holding for himself.
Whoever said "the customer is always right" is the reason for this mentality. I can't tell you how many times I've been in a store and seen customers pissed because an employee didn't drop to his/her knees and open wide at the mere sight of the customer's holy entity entering their establishment.

Midwest...wtf this guy needs to tell us the store. I want to know if my preorder is at his house.

I'm seeing these posts about people finding Meta Knight on shelves and trying to buy it, come on! You know they aren't going to sell it. You are going about it all wrong. If you had any kind of patience and foresight you could have and should have:

Taken a Meta Knight from the hook, then hidden it somewhere else in the store where there isn't much foot traffic, say, behind a Nickleback CD. Then, next Friday you stroll in and while a Melee or brawl ensues for the rare Amiibo (pun completely intended) you stroll over to your stash and walk out with your Meta Knight.

But you didn't do that because you wanted to be the first to post a picture of your Meta Knight on Reddit.

Amatures man!

I'm seeing these posts about people finding Meta Knight on shelves and trying to buy it, come on! You know they aren't going to sell it. You are going about it all wrong. If you had any kind of patience and foresight you could have and should have:

Taken a Meta Knight from the hook, then hidden it somewhere else in the store where there isn't much foot traffic, say, behind a Nickleback CD. Then, next Friday you stroll in and while a Melee or brawl ensues for the rare Amiibo (pun completely intended) you stroll over to your stash and walk out with your Meta Knight.

But you didn't do that because you wanted to be the first to post a picture of your Meta Knight on Reddit.

Amatures man!
Well I'll be heading to BB Shortly. Freaking brilliant.

Well I'll be heading to BB Shortly. Freaking brilliant.
They won't be on the hook. They're kept in the warehouse. Possibly yesterday, but not today.

Also, by doing this, you'd simply be screwing someone out of their preorder that everyone is so readily cries foul about when it happens to them. Stores are primarily getting enough for preorders, small chance there may be one extra.

Been sick with the flu all week, so I haven't kept up much with this week's news. A friend texted me telling me Gamestops were getting their Shulks in. Had my fiance call our Gamestop and was told that they came in yesterday (why no call or text?!). He then told the guy I have the flu, and -probably- don't want me in their store, so he asked if he could pick him up for me. Guy on the phone had no problem with that. XD I loves my fiance. Runs my Amiibo errands even when he thinks the things are ridiculous.

I wondered how nintendo decided the pose that Luigi is in for the Mario Party version.  Then reading an article about Sonic the Hedgehog I spotted a similarity.

Was Shulk officially released yesterday? My GameStop never gave me a call about my order so I will probably call them today and go after work to pick up. The tracking on the website says it is in stock so I'm wondering why they didn't call.

I'm guessing they are hoping people don't "pick up" so they can keep for themselves. So if it released yesterday I would have until the end of today to pick up correct?
I would say you have until the end of tomorrow to pick it up, because they are supposed to hold it for 48 hours. I would pick it up as soon as possible though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back