Status
Not open for further replies.

litepink

CAGiversary!
Feedback
37 (100%)
**DO NOT POST TRADES HERE** Please use the amiibo Master Trade Thread
amiibo.gif

GOOGLE DOC WITH PRODUCT INFO (SKUs, Target DCPIs, etc)
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1uOZKhVW1S25GDETsqinf0Qzl1trbKcw2wT2swfcTAfE/edit#gid=0
(via redddit)

Retailers

Amazon
amazon.com

Toys R Us
Toysrus.com

Best Buy - 20% off with Gamers Club Unlocked Membership
[background=#202229]bestbuy.com[/background]

Target | 5% off and Free Shipping with REDcard
Target.com       In-store inventory tracker: http://brickseek.com/

Gamestop - Use promo code SAVER at checkout for free shipping over $25
http://www.gamestop.com/browse?nav=16k-3-amiibo,28zu0

Walmart
walmart.com

Other retailers:
goHastings | goHastings.com
FYE | fye.com | Store Locator
Meijer | In-store only. Stores in MI, IL, IN, and OH | Store Locatorhttp://www.meijer.com/custserv/store_locator.jsp
Fred Meyer | In-store | Store Locator
Nintendo World Store (New York City) | In-store only

Currently Available:
Wave 1 [Released Nov 2014]
Mario
Link
Pikachu
Samus
Donkey Kong
Peach
Yoshi
Villager
Kirby
Fox McCloud
Marth
Wii Fit Instructor

Wave 2 [Released Dec 2014]
Diddy Kong
Zelda
Little Mac
Pit
Luigi
Captain Falcon

Wave 3 [Released Jan/Feb 2015]
Sheik
Toon Link
Bowser
Mega Man
Sonic
King Dedede
Ike
Lucario (TRU Exclusive at launch now available elsewhere)
Rosalina (Target Exclsuive for now)
Shulk (Gamestop Exclusive at launch, now available elsewhere)

Super Mario Series [Released March 2015]
Mario
Peach
Luigi
Bowser
Yoshi
Toad
Silver Mario
*Gold Mario | exclusive to Walmart LINK

Wave 4 Super Smash Bros. Series [May 29th, 2015]
PacMan
Charizard
Wario
Robin
Lucina
Ness (Gamestop exclusive fo now)
Greninja (Toys R Us exclusive at launch, now available elsewhere)
Jigglypuff (Target exclusive for now)

Splatoon Series [May 29th 2015]
Splatoon 3-Pack (Boy, Girl, Squid)
Splatoon Boy
Splatoon Girl

Wave 5 Super Smash Bros. Series [July/September 2015]
Dark Pit - Best Buy Exclusive for now
Palutena - Amazon Exclusive for now
Bowser Jr.
Gannondorf
Zero Suit Samus

Olimar
Dr. Mario

30th Anniversary Mario [September 2015]
Classic Color
Modern Color (in North America, only available in Walmart console bundle at launch).

Animal Crossing Happy Home Designer Cards [September 2015]
http://animal-crossing.com/amiibo-cards/

Chibo-Robo [October 2015]
(Figure exclusive to Chibi-Robo Zip-Lash bundle for 3DS)

Upcoming
Yoshi's Wooly World [Oct 16th, 2015]
Yoshi (Green, Pink, Blue, Giant Green)

Falco, Mewtwo [2015]
Shovel Night [2016]
---
amiibo Feature: amiibo Tap
[sharedmedia=gallery:images:25367]
[sharedmedia=gallery:images:25372]
Unlock 3-minute segments of classic Nintendo games with your amiibo and the amiibo Tap free download released April 30th, 2015.

Confirmed Games:
Nintendo Entertainment System
  • Super Mario Bros.
  • Super Mario Bros. 2
  • Super Mario Bros. 3
  • Super Mario Bros.: The Lost Levels
  • Kirby’s Adventure
  • The Legend of Zelda
  • Zelda II: The Adventure of Link
  • Metroid
  • Yoshi
  • Dr. Mario
  • Punchout!!
  • Mach Rider
  • Excitebike
  • Ice Climbers
  • Kid Icarus
  • Donkey Kong
  • Donkey Kong Jr.
  • Balloon Fight
  • Wrecking Crew
  • Pinball
  • Clu Clu Land
  • Wario’s Woods
Super Nintendo
  • Super Mario World
  • Super Mario Kart
  • F-Zero
  • Kirby’s Dreamland 3
  • Kirby’s Super Star
  • Kirby’s Dream Course
  • Super Metroid
  • The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past

Last edited by a moderator:
Wow....didn't check the thread for about 6-7 hours and theres been 11 pages worth of posts. What's going on? Toad go back up for preorder?

Got shulk today from gamestop. The right side of his hair has like a brownish hue, it's that suppose to be on purpose to mimick a shadow on that side? Or they screwed up with the paint job there?

Also people need to STFU! about amiibos being rare. While i was waiting in line to pick up shulk, a guy was picking up his preorders (TL,sheik) and here is the conversation they had...

GS(employee): Whats the deal with these amiibos?
Guy: everybody is going crazy over them, they already selling for more than triple the amount on ebay and wii fit trainer and villager are the rarest going for like 60-70 dollars.
GS(employee#2): nods head in agreement while guy talks.
GS(employee): wow!

I just shook my head in disappointment. I also heard a similar conversation weeks before at a bestbuy, but this time the a**hole tells his plan of buying 2-4 of each depending on how rare they are and then reselling them.

No wonder retail employees are hoarding, stealing, scalping amiibo without them ever making it to the floor in some cases.

Damn I forgot Meta Knight doesn't come out until the 20th. Was hoping Tru would be empty tomorrow. I just need a sonic.

Called my local toysrus and they said they had several mega man, sonic, and dedede but no ike. Asked if they were going to ticket like Lucario and she said probably not. It starts again tomorrow.

i got my Shulk today from GS.com , the box it arrived in looked undamaged but the plastic box housing was dented some

not complaining, just happy to have one, the figure is ok

Some of us don't have time to read 11 pages. Or want to, especially since it's mostly "just picked up XXX and YYY" posts.
This. Sorry for my "lazy" conduct, but i'm in the middle of cooking dinner and was hoping someone would summarize the last few pages as opposed to my reading about how 20 different people are pissed about Metaknight.

This. Sorry for my "lazy" conduct, but i'm in the middle of cooking dinner and was hoping someone would summarize the last few pages as opposed to my reading about how 20 different people are pissed about Metaknight.
Shulk popped up online around 530 for 5/1/15 preorders. Sold out in 30 min.
In store orders were still available as of 7pm

Sonic shipped from best buy.

Ike, dedede, sonic, megaman release tomorrow at TRU.

Some users were able to buy meta knight early. I asked in 2 bb stores and they won't hold any. They release on 2/20

Super Mario series are (or were) available for pre-order on bestbuy.com

people argued a lot about street dates ;)

I mean, if the sale of these items were barred from ebay and amazon BY Nintendo themselves (Can they do that similar to their Let's play fiasco on YouTube?) I think the value would plummet in the sense that more would be available in store for actual collectors or players then people trying to hoard and resell. I mean, a reseller in his right mind isn't going to touch items he won't be able to unload for a profit quickly....theoretically.

Called my local TRU and they said that they have plenty of Megaman, a few Dedede and Sonics, and one Ike that is being held for a preorder. 

After literally years of searching I finally found a cool gamestop where the employees are cool, knowledgeable, and helpful.
I got a Shulk by selling an employee there a rosalina at cost, I gave the manager my sheik because she didn't order one and it was gonna be an extra, I rolled the deposit onto code name steam for the MM pin, we shot the shit about that, New 3ds, amiibo, etc.
I walked in at 7pm and asked if she could WIS me a shulk, she hooked the order right up.
I still hate gamestop, but this store is the first one I've ever enjoyed going to.
Coincidentally, 2 dudes came in looking for Shulk and weren't interested in placing an order, they wanted it then and there. They left to "try another gamestop"
SMH.
Gamestops not a bad store, it's just some of their store practices and somewhat uniformed employees that kill it.... Oh wait.... Do you need any other preorders... yeah...

Some users were able to buy meta knight early. I asked in 2 bb stores and they won't hold any. They release on 2/20

Thank you!

I gotta give you credit that was a bomb ass summary

I managed to get a WIS order at GS for shulk. I overlooked the fact he forgot to put "south" in my address. So do I have to go in store to update it or can I call their toll free number? 

Did anyone not get their Sonic shipped from Best Buy? Mine still says "status unavailable". It's the only one that doesn't show a release date from my order of wave 3.
My Amazon order said the same thing for the longest time, I think it's as they get stock in. I don't think they are shipping any 3b until next week though.

Looks like I'm going to take a 2 hour early lunch to get to TRU when they open tomorrow and hopefully snag 1 of each.

Best of luck to all the CAGs out amiibo hunting tomorrow, may the nintendo power be with us.

Did anyone get an Ike shipped from Amazon yet? I believe I saw someone post about it a few days ago, but I've heard nothing from anyone since (and Amazon's still not giving me any kind of delivery estimate for one that I preordered on Nov. 25 - not sure how early/late that was in the grand scheme of things). Not too worried yet, but it's good to be prepared in case I need to waste my life desperately trying to find one in a store somewhere.

I managed to get a WIS order at GS for shulk. I overlooked the fact he forgot to put "south" in my address. So do I have to go in store to update it or can I call their toll free number?
The guy forget to add a letter in our address and my wife called and got it fixed. Took her almost twenty minutes though.

Looks like I'm going to take a 2 hour early lunch to get to TRU when they open tomorrow and hopefully snag 1 of each.

Best of luck to all the CAGs out amiibo hunting tomorrow, may the nintendo power be with us.
[attachment=12122:9ca.gif]

Just got off the phone with my local TRU. They just have enough for the pre-orders which they receive shipments for Mega Man, Ike, King Dedede and Sonic. I didn't bother asking if they have any extras since I just wanted to make sure my pre-order of (one of each) will be ready tomorrow. Good luck to all that didn't have the opportunity to pre-order.

Guess I will be hitting Toy R Us tomorrow for ike and the gang.

Mega Man should be here this weekend along with the LoZ MM and MH4U CE.

Thanks guys, was able to order a shulk in store at gamestop.  They employees didn't know about the new 5/1 release.

Will the single shulk be mailed in a bubble mailer or a box?

So a guy I met on craigslist today tried to pull a fast one on me.  I traded my Shulk for $40 of his cash and his Lucario.  Problem was while I was walking back with Lucario in hand, I noticed it was the European version.  I told him this was the wrong version and I think he was surprised that I knew the difference.  Anyhow, made him trade with me for a US Toon Link instead.  

Moral of the story: if you're going to trade amiibos, make sure you know the difference between a US and non-US version.  Jokes on him though that he didn't notice the WIS Shulk option today.

I hope tomorrow people are two distracted by the 3ds XL and Majora LE and thins the heard for Amiibo lol.
I'll be stuck at work :(

Donut2922 said:
So a guy I met on craigslist today tried to pull a fast one on me. I traded my Shulk for $40 of his cash and his Lucario. Jokes on him though that he didn't notice the WIS Shulk option today.
Way to rip that guy off!

I gotta say, it has been an awesome last couple of days.  I'm so excited to have a couple of Shulks on the way.  Not even really worried about upcoming Amiibo releases anymore.   Like usual, Best Buy never has their shit together but you know they'll probably have secondary shipments at some point.  As we've seen with this wave 3 everything has been available multiple times.  A bit of perseverance pays off. The new super mario series has been up pretty much non-stop at one website or another.  I'm 22/29 with a couple of EU that aren't being counted for now and tomorrow morning should cross a couple more off the list. 

The way things have been flowing this last week, it really seems like Amiibo  won't be very hard to find in the future at all.  But I have really enjoyed the hunt.  It's been a blast following the updates every day.  It will actually be a sad day when we're 29 of 29 and the hunt is over.  It will absolutely be a sad day when these things have Skylanders over-saturation. 

Enjoy the fun while it lasts.  The market is already correcting itself.  Don't let the flippers get to you because it seriously doesn't affect you.  Don't pay more than retail and keep helping each other out!

I gotta say, it has been an awesome last couple of days. I'm so excited to have a couple of Shulks on the way. Not even really worried about upcoming Amiibo releases anymore. Like usual, Best Buy never has their shit together but you know they'll probably have secondary shipments at some point. As we've seen with this wave 3 everything has been available multiple times. A bit of perseverance pays off. The new super mario series has been up pretty much non-stop at one website or another. I'm 22/29 with a couple of EU that aren't being counted for now and tomorrow morning should cross a couple more off the list.

The way things have been flowing this last week, it really seems like Amiibo won't be very hard to find in the future at all. But I have really enjoyed the hunt. It's been a blast following the updates every day. It will actually be a sad day when we're 29 of 29 and the hunt is over. It will absolutely be a sad day when these things have Skylanders over-saturation.

Enjoy the fun while it lasts. The market is already correcting itself. Don't let the flippers get to you because it seriously doesn't affect you. Don't pay more than retail and keep helping each other out!
the amiibo market better not become saturated. I used to collect everything simpsons........it was a challenge to find anything simpsons in stores and whenever I did run across an item I would buy it up. It was super fun and I even had family/friends looking out for me. Then the saturation started to occur and I lost all interest. Funny how that works:)

I agree that this will likely go the way of Skylanders someday, but there is a chance perhaps not.  These are (mostly) iconic characters that (most) of us have cherished for decades.  Skylanders, not so much...  I honestly don't know, but was anyone really keeping Skylanders in display cases and/or keeping them sealed on their walls? 

the amiibo market better not become saturated. I used to collect everything simpsons........it was a challenge to find anything simpsons in stores and whenever I did run across an item I would buy it up. It was super fun and I even had family/friends looking out for me. Then the saturation started to occur and I lost all interest. Funny how that works:)
I just want the full cast roster. I dont care about rarity (Though that makes the hunt a bit more fun).

I also have all the Disney Infinity figures, despite only a couple being sorta rare (And by that I mean in the 30-40$ range, and still easily orderable via Amazon)

Okay, at this point in time I think I'm going to try to get to Toys "R" Us about 10 minutes before they open up tomorrow morning. If there is a line of more than five people outside the door, I'm not going to even bother. I don't feel like fighting crowds.

I agree that this will likely go the way of Skylanders someday, but there is a chance perhaps not. These are (mostly) iconic characters that (most) of us have cherished for decades. Skylanders, not so much... I honestly don't know, but was anyone really keeping Skylanders in display cases and/or keeping them sealed on their walls?
as long as you pay retail for the amiibos if the market becomes saturated afterwards whats the big deal? you paid retail and you are collecting because you enjoy the figures

i highly doubt these will go the way of Skylanders, NOA is ridiculous with how limited they make these things a long with every other special edition console or game they release here

put it this way when has NOA ever been known for mass producing anything to saturate a market? for this very reason their games never lose value and go OOP quickly (Ocarina of Time 3ds latest example)

So I got into the Amiibo collecting game after Wave 2 was released so I obviously missed out on the holy trinity. That being said, gamestop has not delisted these Amiibo while others have been (Little Mac). Does that mean there's a good chance that Marth, Villager, and Wii Fit Trainer will get manufactured again. 

as long as you pay retail for the amiibos if the market becomes saturated afterwards whats the big deal? you paid retail and you are collecting because you enjoy the figures

i highly doubt these will go the way of Skylanders, NOA is ridiculous with how limited they make these things a long with every other special edition console or game they release here
I agree with you on the limited factor and how it shouldn't be a big deal, but I'll be pissed if I spend over $600 for my "collection" and find them on bargain bins for less than $5 next year. VERY UNLIKELY I get this, I'm literally laughing as I write it, but heck what are we just 3 months in and look how ape shit crazy this has made us!

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back