Status
Not open for further replies.

litepink

CAGiversary!
Feedback
37 (100%)
**DO NOT POST TRADES HERE** Please use the amiibo Master Trade Thread
amiibo.gif

GOOGLE DOC WITH PRODUCT INFO (SKUs, Target DCPIs, etc)
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1uOZKhVW1S25GDETsqinf0Qzl1trbKcw2wT2swfcTAfE/edit#gid=0
(via redddit)

Retailers

Amazon
amazon.com

Toys R Us
Toysrus.com

Best Buy - 20% off with Gamers Club Unlocked Membership
[background=#202229]bestbuy.com[/background]

Target | 5% off and Free Shipping with REDcard
Target.com       In-store inventory tracker: http://brickseek.com/

Gamestop - Use promo code SAVER at checkout for free shipping over $25
http://www.gamestop.com/browse?nav=16k-3-amiibo,28zu0

Walmart
walmart.com

Other retailers:
goHastings | goHastings.com
FYE | fye.com | Store Locator
Meijer | In-store only. Stores in MI, IL, IN, and OH | Store Locatorhttp://www.meijer.com/custserv/store_locator.jsp
Fred Meyer | In-store | Store Locator
Nintendo World Store (New York City) | In-store only

Currently Available:
Wave 1 [Released Nov 2014]
Mario
Link
Pikachu
Samus
Donkey Kong
Peach
Yoshi
Villager
Kirby
Fox McCloud
Marth
Wii Fit Instructor

Wave 2 [Released Dec 2014]
Diddy Kong
Zelda
Little Mac
Pit
Luigi
Captain Falcon

Wave 3 [Released Jan/Feb 2015]
Sheik
Toon Link
Bowser
Mega Man
Sonic
King Dedede
Ike
Lucario (TRU Exclusive at launch now available elsewhere)
Rosalina (Target Exclsuive for now)
Shulk (Gamestop Exclusive at launch, now available elsewhere)

Super Mario Series [Released March 2015]
Mario
Peach
Luigi
Bowser
Yoshi
Toad
Silver Mario
*Gold Mario | exclusive to Walmart LINK

Wave 4 Super Smash Bros. Series [May 29th, 2015]
PacMan
Charizard
Wario
Robin
Lucina
Ness (Gamestop exclusive fo now)
Greninja (Toys R Us exclusive at launch, now available elsewhere)
Jigglypuff (Target exclusive for now)

Splatoon Series [May 29th 2015]
Splatoon 3-Pack (Boy, Girl, Squid)
Splatoon Boy
Splatoon Girl

Wave 5 Super Smash Bros. Series [July/September 2015]
Dark Pit - Best Buy Exclusive for now
Palutena - Amazon Exclusive for now
Bowser Jr.
Gannondorf
Zero Suit Samus

Olimar
Dr. Mario

30th Anniversary Mario [September 2015]
Classic Color
Modern Color (in North America, only available in Walmart console bundle at launch).

Animal Crossing Happy Home Designer Cards [September 2015]
http://animal-crossing.com/amiibo-cards/

Chibo-Robo [October 2015]
(Figure exclusive to Chibi-Robo Zip-Lash bundle for 3DS)

Upcoming
Yoshi's Wooly World [Oct 16th, 2015]
Yoshi (Green, Pink, Blue, Giant Green)

Falco, Mewtwo [2015]
Shovel Night [2016]
---
amiibo Feature: amiibo Tap
[sharedmedia=gallery:images:25367]
[sharedmedia=gallery:images:25372]
Unlock 3-minute segments of classic Nintendo games with your amiibo and the amiibo Tap free download released April 30th, 2015.

Confirmed Games:
Nintendo Entertainment System
  • Super Mario Bros.
  • Super Mario Bros. 2
  • Super Mario Bros. 3
  • Super Mario Bros.: The Lost Levels
  • Kirby’s Adventure
  • The Legend of Zelda
  • Zelda II: The Adventure of Link
  • Metroid
  • Yoshi
  • Dr. Mario
  • Punchout!!
  • Mach Rider
  • Excitebike
  • Ice Climbers
  • Kid Icarus
  • Donkey Kong
  • Donkey Kong Jr.
  • Balloon Fight
  • Wrecking Crew
  • Pinball
  • Clu Clu Land
  • Wario’s Woods
Super Nintendo
  • Super Mario World
  • Super Mario Kart
  • F-Zero
  • Kirby’s Dreamland 3
  • Kirby’s Super Star
  • Kirby’s Dream Course
  • Super Metroid
  • The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm so lost these days in street dates. who's getting what today? I went to Walmart after work this morning and they said they didnt get any new ones and the lady checked all the sku's for me

I'm so lost these days in street dates. who's getting what today? I went to Walmart after work this morning and they said they didnt get any new ones and the lady checked all the sku's for me
According to the Reddit Amiibo page:

2/13

Ike [Toys 'R' Us]
King Dedede [Toys 'R' Us]
Mega Man [Toys 'R'Us]
Sheik[GameStop]
Shulk [GameStop]
Sonic [BestBuy, Toys 'R' Us, Walmart]
Toon Link [GameStop]

2/20

Ike [BestBuy, GameStop, Walmart]
King Dedede [BestBuy, GameStop, Walmart]
Mega Man [BestBuy, GameStop, Walmart]
Meta Knight [BestBuy]
Sonic [GameStop]

Indeed. If it's just the copyright date etc, which I don't see why it would be more then that, no one could tell the difference.

On a related note which I know has probably been talked about already, but without the packaging the North American Amiibo look the exact same as the imports. Right? Or do they have different languages stamped under the bases?
Nope, they're all completely identical outside the packaging including the labeling on the bottom.

Nope, they're all completely identical outside the packaging including the labeling on the bottom.
Dang....I wonder how many people (read scalpers) on eBay have sold imported trinity figures, or Pits and Macs as NA ones.

I imagine a lot of collectors have imports, if they bought then 2nd hand loosely, and don't know it.

Good thing I only worry with virgin ones heh.

Gonna take my chances at Target, I've got a good shot of getting another MM 3DS XL and if I'm lucky they may have some new amiibos too.

He states on there "No low ballers". I was thinking around $100. I just can't bring myself to spend much more than that on these tiny 3" figures that, let's face it, do essentially nothing but look cool on a shelf.
Enjoy a nice quality 8" figure from japan that will do nothing but look cool on a shelf with that $100 :)

Dang....I wonder how many people (read scalpers) on eBay have sold imported trinity figures, or Pits and Macs as NA ones.

I imagine a lot of collectors have imports, if they bought then 2nd hand loosely, and don't know it.

Good thing I only worry with virgin ones heh.
If someone is buying loosely, they shouldn't care what packaging the amiibo originally came in, because it's completely identical regardless. The only thing that gives the amiibo a regional identity at all is the packaging. Scalpers usually sell new in box because that's where the profit is. It's up to in-box collectors to look for the 6+ on the package if they want US versions, but you're right. No doubt lots of people have tried to pull one over or just hoped that buyers would not notice. But anyone who plans on opening an amiibo or buying loose should get the cheapest one they can find and shouldn't worry about region.

Last edited by a moderator:
Ahhh, I didn't even think about that. You make a valid point.
I can see hear the arguments now, "well my 2014 Marth is better then your 15 Marth!" Blah blah.
Or they can use a different base than the SSB one. Maybe Coe Name STEAM or the new FE game.

Or they can use a different base than the SSB one. Maybe Coe Name STEAM or the new FE game.
That is terrifying. When the announcement of "Super Mario" amiibos came, I got so scared. If Nintendo is smart, they'll make a Pokemon line of amiibos, a LOZ, Donkey Kong, Metroid, Kirby, etc., just one line after another. And that's great. But considering that they have already produced this many characters and it is only February, I can see them making 500 amiibos in a span of 5 years easily. Great for the company. But if that happens, I don't know if I'll stay on board. Because yes, these are cool. And yes, there are those who just want their favorites, but then there is the collector, those who want to display them as great conversation pieces... And at $12.99, just imagine all the Pokemon figures alone....

Jim-From-Office-Shiver.gif

500 amiibos, at the rate they're doing it, would take 8-10 years. No way this fad keeps going this strongly that longly.

put it this way when has NOA ever been known for mass producing anything to saturate a market? for this very reason their games never lose value and go OOP quickly (Ocarina of Time 3ds latest example)
Glory of Heracles, Legendary Starfy, Sin and Punishment Star Successor, Golden Sun Dark Dawn, and Metroid Other M are all examples of games Nintendo made way too many of.

There's always a possibility of more Amiibos at the rate the demand for these is rising. As long as stores have deals on them, I'll most likely keep buying them. So far, I've yet to technically pay MSRP on any of these figures and I hope to keep it that way (this was in response to the poster above).

Although, I do have to say that the SMB Amiibos don't interest me in the slightest and look pretty boring to me for some reason. Maybe it's because they're just duplicates of the SSB Amiibos that are currently out (barring Toad).

500 amiibos, at the rate they're doing it, would take 8-10 years. No way this fad keeps going this strongly that longly.
At this rate? We're 4 months in and there is already 40 confirmed. It's not that hard to believe that in the next 8 months we'll get 60 more...

Mario
Link
Pikachu
Samus
Donkey Kong
Peach
Yoshi
Villager
Kirby
Fox McCloud
Marth
Wii Fit Instructor
Diddy Kong
Zelda
Little Mac
Pit
Luigi
Captain Falcon
Sheik
Toon Link
Bowser

Lucario (TRU Exclusive)
Rosalina (Target Exclsuive)
Shulk (Gamestop Exclusive)
Mega Man
Sonic
King Dedede
Ike
Robin
Lucina
Ness
PacMan
Charizard
Wario
Mario (SM)
Peach (SM)
Luigi (SM)
Bowser (SM)
Yoshi (SM)
Toad (SM)

If those are new SMB Amiibos, then I'm just going to repeat what I said in an earlier post; those Amiibos look boring as ****. Duplicates, Nintendo, duplicates...

If those are new SMB Amiibos, then I'm just going to repeat what I said in an earlier post; those Amiibos look boring as ****. Duplicates, Nintendo, duplicates...
I like the Wario, but all of the others in the line look just like every other Mario/Peach/Yoshi/Toad/Luigi/Bowser/DK figure I've ever seen. Very disappointing, and inferior to their Smash counterparts in every way.

ign is dumb, those aren't new amiibos they are just what you see in the game when you use the smash bros amiibos. they aren't going to be putting the smash bros amiibos as game pieces in the game but super mario series variants. they even showed this in nintendo direct.

ign is dumb, those aren't new amiibos they are just what you see in the game when you use the smash bros amiibos. they aren't going to be putting the smash bros amiibos as game pieces in the game but super mario series variants. they even showed this in nintendo direct.
Yeah but more than likely if they have those models in game, they will be made in a wave for that line. It would make no sense for them to have those models in game and not actually make the amiibos for them. Theyve already remade Mario, Luigi, Peach, Bowser, and Yoshi. Pretty safe to say these characters will be remade down the line exactly like they are in game.

*yawn* ... Good morning fellow Amiibros/Amiibras ...

Some quick coffee and breakfast, then Im off to camp TRU .... Good luck to everyone today. Hope we all report back with good news later this afternoon :)

anyone get a call from gamestop for instore pickup of wave 3b yet? My order has been "closed" for a few days now and I've heard nothing from gamestop about any of the figures supposed to come out today.

I called GameStop to see about Amiibos and if they have gotten anything for wave 3B for today's release and they stated, "We are really not focusing on that right now just the New 3DS systems and TLoZ MM." I could care a less what your are focusing on honestly. He then stated that they have not even received any stock yet. My Girlfriend does have a close friend that is a Manager at another store and she said that her store has not received anything as of yet. We check in with her daily as she is the one getting me a Shulk because they had a cancel preorder already.

Good luck all you captain Ahab's.
I hope everyone gets to eat on this fine day.
-10 wind chill here in Philly. I'd expect the lines to be thin, too bad I'm stuck at work.

If you all like the daily summary, I'll attempt it again every 12 hrs as I always read every post while in a sweaty amiibo withdrawal at work.

As of now, no news. Just pics of more (possible) MP10 figures: wario, dk, rosalina.

Shulk went back up around 6am, but is gone again

A user shared "speculative" info that store exclusive figures will go wide release in May, and Shulks rerelease is gamestop taking advantage to get more sales before he's available everywhere.

Stay thirsty my friends.

Good luck all you captain Ahab's.
I hope everyone gets to eat on this fine day.
-10 wind chill here in Philly. I'd expect the lines to be thin, too bad I'm stuck at work.

If you all like the daily summary, I'll attempt it again every 12 hrs as I always read every post while in a sweaty amiibo withdrawal at work.

As of now, no news. Just pics of more (possible) MP10 figures: wario, dk, rosalina.

Shulk went back up around 6am, but is gone again

A user shared "speculative" info that store exclusive figures will go wide release in May, and Shulks rerelease is gamestop taking advantage to get more sales before he's available everywhere.

Stay thirsty my friends.
Your summaries are excellent, I'll post in a bit what it looks like here in central NJ when I go to toysrus and wait in line, there's a BB next door too

Heading to TRU for Ike, King Dedede and Mega Man for their 3/$33. If they get Sonic I'll snag him as well. Then it's on to GS for Toon Link BB for Donkey Kong. Wish me luck!

I'm hearing May is the month ALL of the exclusives will be available across all retailers. Seems exclusives will a lot less rare than say a Pit of Captain Falcon.

At this rate? We're 4 months in and there is already 40 confirmed. It's not that hard to believe that in the next 8 months we'll get 60 more..
Ok, so 5 years. Point is, no way this is still this hot even a year from now. We're already seeing people in this thread burning out, or close to it. Tell people they need to spend $6000+ RETAIL for a full set and there won't be many left standing.

Well its a bust. Only got a mega man. They got hardly anything
More will come within the next 2-3 weeks. Initially at the TRU I work there was very little beyond preordered figures for purchase, but in the last two weeks three shipments of Toon Link, Bowser, and even Sheik have come in with decent quantities (20-30+ each time). Ike and Dedede are much less in quantity though, so I wouldn't anticipate as many of those.

They got like 2 dedede 3 sonic and 5 mega man. Thinking about trying another toys r us that's way out there. On the plus side my best buy sonic is preparing to ship

More will come within the next 2-3 weeks. Initially at the TRU I work there was very little beyond preordered figures for purchase, but in the last two weeks three shipments of Toon Link, Bowser, and even Sheik have come in with decent quantities (20-30+ each time). Ike and Dedede are much less in quantity though, so I wouldn't anticipate as many of those.
Yeah they have 20+ toon link and sheik but no one wanted them. Sucks I can't get the 3 for 33 deal

Yeah they have 20+ toon link and sheik but no one wanted them. Sucks I can't get the 3 for 33 deal
On the plus side, if Deptford barely got anything than Burlington for sure has nothing. I'll get to eat lunch! I was considering hitting TRU after going to Gamestop on my lunchbreak but with them being in complete opposite directions, I wouldn't have time to eat too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back