Status
Not open for further replies.

litepink

CAGiversary!
Feedback
37 (100%)
**DO NOT POST TRADES HERE** Please use the amiibo Master Trade Thread
amiibo.gif

GOOGLE DOC WITH PRODUCT INFO (SKUs, Target DCPIs, etc)
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1uOZKhVW1S25GDETsqinf0Qzl1trbKcw2wT2swfcTAfE/edit#gid=0
(via redddit)

Retailers

Amazon
amazon.com

Toys R Us
Toysrus.com

Best Buy - 20% off with Gamers Club Unlocked Membership
[background=#202229]bestbuy.com[/background]

Target | 5% off and Free Shipping with REDcard
Target.com       In-store inventory tracker: http://brickseek.com/

Gamestop - Use promo code SAVER at checkout for free shipping over $25
http://www.gamestop.com/browse?nav=16k-3-amiibo,28zu0

Walmart
walmart.com

Other retailers:
goHastings | goHastings.com
FYE | fye.com | Store Locator
Meijer | In-store only. Stores in MI, IL, IN, and OH | Store Locatorhttp://www.meijer.com/custserv/store_locator.jsp
Fred Meyer | In-store | Store Locator
Nintendo World Store (New York City) | In-store only

Currently Available:
Wave 1 [Released Nov 2014]
Mario
Link
Pikachu
Samus
Donkey Kong
Peach
Yoshi
Villager
Kirby
Fox McCloud
Marth
Wii Fit Instructor

Wave 2 [Released Dec 2014]
Diddy Kong
Zelda
Little Mac
Pit
Luigi
Captain Falcon

Wave 3 [Released Jan/Feb 2015]
Sheik
Toon Link
Bowser
Mega Man
Sonic
King Dedede
Ike
Lucario (TRU Exclusive at launch now available elsewhere)
Rosalina (Target Exclsuive for now)
Shulk (Gamestop Exclusive at launch, now available elsewhere)

Super Mario Series [Released March 2015]
Mario
Peach
Luigi
Bowser
Yoshi
Toad
Silver Mario
*Gold Mario | exclusive to Walmart LINK

Wave 4 Super Smash Bros. Series [May 29th, 2015]
PacMan
Charizard
Wario
Robin
Lucina
Ness (Gamestop exclusive fo now)
Greninja (Toys R Us exclusive at launch, now available elsewhere)
Jigglypuff (Target exclusive for now)

Splatoon Series [May 29th 2015]
Splatoon 3-Pack (Boy, Girl, Squid)
Splatoon Boy
Splatoon Girl

Wave 5 Super Smash Bros. Series [July/September 2015]
Dark Pit - Best Buy Exclusive for now
Palutena - Amazon Exclusive for now
Bowser Jr.
Gannondorf
Zero Suit Samus

Olimar
Dr. Mario

30th Anniversary Mario [September 2015]
Classic Color
Modern Color (in North America, only available in Walmart console bundle at launch).

Animal Crossing Happy Home Designer Cards [September 2015]
http://animal-crossing.com/amiibo-cards/

Chibo-Robo [October 2015]
(Figure exclusive to Chibi-Robo Zip-Lash bundle for 3DS)

Upcoming
Yoshi's Wooly World [Oct 16th, 2015]
Yoshi (Green, Pink, Blue, Giant Green)

Falco, Mewtwo [2015]
Shovel Night [2016]
---
amiibo Feature: amiibo Tap
[sharedmedia=gallery:images:25367]
[sharedmedia=gallery:images:25372]
Unlock 3-minute segments of classic Nintendo games with your amiibo and the amiibo Tap free download released April 30th, 2015.

Confirmed Games:
Nintendo Entertainment System
  • Super Mario Bros.
  • Super Mario Bros. 2
  • Super Mario Bros. 3
  • Super Mario Bros.: The Lost Levels
  • Kirby’s Adventure
  • The Legend of Zelda
  • Zelda II: The Adventure of Link
  • Metroid
  • Yoshi
  • Dr. Mario
  • Punchout!!
  • Mach Rider
  • Excitebike
  • Ice Climbers
  • Kid Icarus
  • Donkey Kong
  • Donkey Kong Jr.
  • Balloon Fight
  • Wrecking Crew
  • Pinball
  • Clu Clu Land
  • Wario’s Woods
Super Nintendo
  • Super Mario World
  • Super Mario Kart
  • F-Zero
  • Kirby’s Dreamland 3
  • Kirby’s Super Star
  • Kirby’s Dream Course
  • Super Metroid
  • The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past

Last edited by a moderator:
So I did something sorta sneaky

My hubby was giving me a hard time about my growing Amiibo collection. I ordered MegaMan and "gave" it to him, he has placed Mega man at the top of my collection and no more complaining lol

Things got better when I was heading out after picking up Sheik, the store manager asked if I wanted to buy a Shulk. Turns out some guy ordered 6 at that store and they only let him have 2. I gave up on getting Shulk a while ago, so that was awesome.
I would have been pissed if my gamestop did that to me. I ordered 10 ship to store because that was the limit when they were first up for preorder.. At that point, the store Should not have a say in it because they would have not recieved that alottment if the customer didnt order.. Then the employee chooses who he gives them too.. Employee should have ordered a bunch to his store

So I did something sorta sneaky

My hubby was giving me a hard time about my growing Amiibo collection. I ordered MegaMan and "gave" it to him, he has placed Mega man at the top of my collection and no more complaining lol
I need to get my lady a sonic. Same ulterior motive.

Europe has fewer locations to ship to, so the stock doesn't get stretched as thinly as in the U.S. Plus, it appears that Europe does not have the level of scalpers that we have here in the U.S.

I would have been pissed if my gamestop did that to me. I ordered 10 ship to store because that was the limit when they were first up for preorder.. At that point, the store Should not have a say in it because they would have not recieved that alottment if the customer didnt order.. Then the employee chooses who he gives them too.. Employee should have ordered a bunch to his store
I completely agree. Lets just say I ordered more than one and the store informed me I was only getting ONE! Lets just say at the end of the conversion I got every item I pre-ordered. The manager did not win that argument or else I'll have a bunch of kids calling the store asking for their Shulk.

At the end of the day, the manager took my pre-order in good faith when no limit was set. They received my pre-order so they need to honor the pre-order rather than try to keep it for themselves and/or give to someone who didn't pre-order. Sorry, what I do with the excess is my business and no one else.

In this particular case, since the announcement of the store exclusives, we've decided to split the resource and I was designated in acquiring Shulk, my other siblings took charge of Lucario, Meta Knight and Rosalina. Because, originally the current release were all slated for Feb. 1st. These aren't for scalping, we are serious collectors and no managers will stop us because of misinterpretation of a new limit store policy. :whistle2:

Best Buy just backordered my Sonic I preordered 2 months ago. Expected delivery 2/26-3/10.
Just got an e-mail from best buy that my Sonic is back ordered.
Elite plus here as well, my Sonic is "preparing order" status.

Not surprised my Best Buy Sonic is backordered after all the status weirdness. Hooray for GameStop backups.
Any updates on the Sonic Best Buy preorders? I've got no delay emails but it's just sitting in limbo.

Edit: Online orders

Sucks for whoever pre-ordered them, I don't really know went on behind the scenes to get to that decision. For all I know it was some corporate thing. I was lucky and got a Shulk, which is now open and chilling with my other amiibos.

Any updates on the Sonic Best Buy preorders? I've got no delay emails but it's just sitting in limbo.
I in store picked up my Sonic on Friday with no issues. Not sure if you guys are talking about in store or shipping. Figured I'd put my 2 cents in.

I wouldn't fully trust those email notifications. Because earlier last week, I got a few email stating my local TRU pre-orders were going to be delayed for Ike, King Dedede and Mega Man. Come Friday morning, they had Ike, Mega Man, King Dedede and Sonic ready for me.

So the accuracy of those email are not 100% reliable.

I in store picked up my Sonic on Friday with no issues. Not sure if you guys are talking about in store or shipping. Figured I'd put my 2 cents in.
Yeah I was talking about online orders, the Best Buys in Maryland kept on selling my instore preorders to other people before I could pick them up so I no longer trust them to be competent. Has happened with my last 2 amiibo instore pickups.

Yeah I was talking about online orders, the Best Buys in Maryland kept on selling my instore preorders to other people before I could pick them up so I no longer trust them to be competent. Has happened with my last 2 amiibo instore pickups.
Better call or email BBY and raise hell. That's bullshit.

So apparantly my Best Buy sold all 6 Meta Knights to some doofy looking kid that was with his mom.  He apparantley told the BB CS rep to put them for sale on the shelves and he did it.  Then since the system wouldn't let them sell it, they just scanned a yoshi instead and gave it to him at that price.

Inside job.  Best buy employees are scum too.

So apparantly my Best Buy sold all 6 Meta Knights to some doofy looking kid that was with his mom. He apparantley told the BB CS rep to put them for sale on the shelves and he did it. Then since the system wouldn't let them sell it, they just scanned a yoshi instead and gave it to him at that price.

Inside job. Best buy employees are scum too.
He just told them and they put them on the shelf and they did? Is this kid Lelouch Lamperouge or something?

He just told them and they put them on the shelf and they did? Is this kid Lelouch Lamperouge or something?
This was all informed to me by some guy who was in front of me yesterday waiting for the zelda 3DS. He could have said such things to throw me off, since the whole story sounded pretty unbelievable. The guy seemed pretty honest though, so I don't think he was lying.

So apparantly my Best Buy sold all 6 Meta Knights to some doofy looking kid that was with his mom. He apparantley told the BB CS rep to put them for sale on the shelves and he did it. Then since the system wouldn't let them sell it, they just scanned a yoshi instead and gave it to him at that price.

Wow if someone at our store did that our GM would hang him or her from the E on the big Best Buy sign outside. Assuming the inventory/operations manager didn't already set them on fire.

If this is true we have ourselves another Lucario situation, as I speculated many pages ago. Hunting down these amiibos is bad enough without giving incompetent / unknowledgeable stores exclusive access to certain ones. I hate to say it but the only way I see fixing this problem is making them web only, like target seems to be doing.

I'm not a fan of web only, but at least there you can limit it to 1 per customer (or more importantly, 1 per shipping address) and control your inventory.

I saw some bitching on a thread somewhere that the 3 Kirby amiibos "break" the Kirby game that comes out next week. I wonder where this speculation is coming from...were journalism reviewers provided Dedede's and Metaknight amiibos in addition to early copies of the game?

They announced the Kirby amiibos benefits on the nintendo direct last month. It basically puts the game into easy mode.

Is this kid the bicycle man of the mega knight amiibos? If only we had one for lucario
He forgot to mention in the story that him and his mom were on a double bike. They both also had neckbeards and ran over an old lady on the way out.

Better call or email BBY and raise hell. That's bullshit.
Well I did just that and the CS rep said my Sonic was being prepared to ship out... and I don't believe her at all. Trying to get more information from their email support. Now I'm worried about my Ike and Meta Knight preorders.

So what are my best options for Mega Man and DeDeDe at this point? I missed every Target opportunity because I was at work or sleeping (Reggie law)... Best Buy this Friday?

PS: I don't want to be that brag thread guy but... https://twitter.com/Onekumar/status/566696778867949568 I also got a Shulk and Little Mac this week so I should quit complaining.

Its smart. Target stores aren't getting extra traffic from these. People are buying them and walking out.

You don't know for sure if the foot traffic is benefiting target or not, we don't have the numbers.

Europe. Look at the packaging closely.
Or not so closely at the sign in German.

Do other countries put a limit on the amount you can buy? If I lived in Germany I would buy every rare from every store then import it to the USA. Even the European ones sell for a lot here. I could probably make $10k easy.

Went last night to BBY to pick up MM and MH4U and saw Ike, Dedede, Mega Man, and MK behind the counter with some paper taped down to the counter (probably a reminder to not sell until 2/20). So close, yet so far. Looks like my store received 2 each of Ike/DDD/Mega Man and 8 MK. Wouldn't be too shocked if those are all pre-order stock.

Picked up my pre-order of Ike/Sonic/Mega Man at TRU without hassle - lots of Toon Link and Sheik on the shelf, but no other Wave 3 figures.

If this is true we have ourselves another Lucario situation, as I speculated many pages ago. Hunting down these amiibos is bad enough without giving incompetent / unknowledgeable stores exclusive access to certain ones. I hate to say it but the only way I see fixing this problem is making them web only, like target seems to be doing.

I'm not a fan of web only, but at least there you can limit it to 1 per customer (or more importantly, 1 per shipping address) and control your inventory.
Or Nintendo can make enough amiibo to meet demand. That being said, I somewhat enjoy the hunt and it's fun to get some of the rare ones.

This was all informed to me by some guy who was in front of me yesterday waiting for the zelda 3DS. He could have said such things to throw me off, since the whole story sounded pretty unbelievable. The guy seemed pretty honest though, so I don't think he was lying.

Everytime I wait in line for a release I hear the stupidest conversations and I never believe any of it. When I was waiting for rosalina some guy said that GameStop was already selling shulk as used for $100 at some store in Ohio, and he said this was a fact. Then the same guy said meta knight was releasing the same day as rosalina so he was going to go wait at bestbuy, then someone else said he was best friends with the GameStop manager so the manager told him to preorder sheik since shulk was closed and then he would call corporate and say it was a mistake in the system that it was supposed to be a shulk and have them send more to his store.

The stories you hear waiting in line are usually just rumors or made up and given as fact. I don't trust any 2nd hand story like that.

Well I did just that and the CS rep said my Sonic was being prepared to ship out... and I don't believe her at all. Trying to get more information from their email support. Now I'm worried about my Ike and Meta Knight preorders.

So what are my best options for Mega Man and DeDeDe at this point? I missed every Target opportunity because I was at work or sleeping (Reggie law)... Best Buy this Friday?

PS: I don't want to be that brag thread guy but...

https://twitter.com/Onekumar/status/566696778867949568
I also got a Shulk and Little Mac this week so I should quit complaining.

Nice! Better hook her up w some D.

And glad to see an adoption of reggies law as a valid excuse :)

Or Nintendo can make enough amiibo to meet demand. That being said, I somewhat enjoy the hunt and it's fun to get some of the rare ones.
Its also in reality the "users" creating shortages with buy more than one for "trade" mentality.

I suppose its hard to resist to buy one of something you see people covet when its right in your face at a cheap price, it feels like hitting the lottery to some to see 3 Little Macs on a peg.

Its also in reality the "users" creating shortages with buy more than one for "trade" mentality.

I suppose its hard to resist to buy one of something you see people covet when its right in your face at a cheap price, it feels like hitting the lottery to some to see 3 Little Macs on a peg.
I bought 10 Shulks to trade. Looking for Little Mac, Pit, Villager, Wii Fit Trainer, and Marth, for each Shulk. Fair trade, right?

Id say its fair if they were online or pre-orders. I'm not really here to judge you, my comment was just an observation of the lack of in-store stock (non preorders).

Okay, I have Mega Man, Sonic, King Dedede, and Ike pre-purchased in my local Gamestop store.  Manager says they don't have too many preorders.  I preordered in early Jan.  Anyone had experience with instore pre-orders with gamestop?  Can I trust them?  Don't mind waiting but I don't wont to start hitting the scalpers after the prices jump.

Things you hear while waiting in line for amiibos before store opening:

#1 "You here for the Amiibos?" (obvious, but always asked when the first few strangers show up)

"P1 - How many are you looking to get?"
"P2 - I only came to get one for myself, but i'd buy two if they let me"

#3 "Who is that guy on the bike over there?"

That's adorablee. :,)
Thanks. She loves my amiibo. I have them all. She plays with the more common ones. Yesterday, we had a tea party with them. For some reason when she first saw Sonic she said, "he stinks." He doesn't smell any different than the rest. I told her Sonic was never good. :).

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back