Status
Not open for further replies.

litepink

CAGiversary!
Feedback
37 (100%)
**DO NOT POST TRADES HERE** Please use the amiibo Master Trade Thread
amiibo.gif

GOOGLE DOC WITH PRODUCT INFO (SKUs, Target DCPIs, etc)
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1uOZKhVW1S25GDETsqinf0Qzl1trbKcw2wT2swfcTAfE/edit#gid=0
(via redddit)

Retailers

Amazon
amazon.com

Toys R Us
Toysrus.com

Best Buy - 20% off with Gamers Club Unlocked Membership
[background=#202229]bestbuy.com[/background]

Target | 5% off and Free Shipping with REDcard
Target.com       In-store inventory tracker: http://brickseek.com/

Gamestop - Use promo code SAVER at checkout for free shipping over $25
http://www.gamestop.com/browse?nav=16k-3-amiibo,28zu0

Walmart
walmart.com

Other retailers:
goHastings | goHastings.com
FYE | fye.com | Store Locator
Meijer | In-store only. Stores in MI, IL, IN, and OH | Store Locatorhttp://www.meijer.com/custserv/store_locator.jsp
Fred Meyer | In-store | Store Locator
Nintendo World Store (New York City) | In-store only

Currently Available:
Wave 1 [Released Nov 2014]
Mario
Link
Pikachu
Samus
Donkey Kong
Peach
Yoshi
Villager
Kirby
Fox McCloud
Marth
Wii Fit Instructor

Wave 2 [Released Dec 2014]
Diddy Kong
Zelda
Little Mac
Pit
Luigi
Captain Falcon

Wave 3 [Released Jan/Feb 2015]
Sheik
Toon Link
Bowser
Mega Man
Sonic
King Dedede
Ike
Lucario (TRU Exclusive at launch now available elsewhere)
Rosalina (Target Exclsuive for now)
Shulk (Gamestop Exclusive at launch, now available elsewhere)

Super Mario Series [Released March 2015]
Mario
Peach
Luigi
Bowser
Yoshi
Toad
Silver Mario
*Gold Mario | exclusive to Walmart LINK

Wave 4 Super Smash Bros. Series [May 29th, 2015]
PacMan
Charizard
Wario
Robin
Lucina
Ness (Gamestop exclusive fo now)
Greninja (Toys R Us exclusive at launch, now available elsewhere)
Jigglypuff (Target exclusive for now)

Splatoon Series [May 29th 2015]
Splatoon 3-Pack (Boy, Girl, Squid)
Splatoon Boy
Splatoon Girl

Wave 5 Super Smash Bros. Series [July/September 2015]
Dark Pit - Best Buy Exclusive for now
Palutena - Amazon Exclusive for now
Bowser Jr.
Gannondorf
Zero Suit Samus

Olimar
Dr. Mario

30th Anniversary Mario [September 2015]
Classic Color
Modern Color (in North America, only available in Walmart console bundle at launch).

Animal Crossing Happy Home Designer Cards [September 2015]
http://animal-crossing.com/amiibo-cards/

Chibo-Robo [October 2015]
(Figure exclusive to Chibi-Robo Zip-Lash bundle for 3DS)

Upcoming
Yoshi's Wooly World [Oct 16th, 2015]
Yoshi (Green, Pink, Blue, Giant Green)

Falco, Mewtwo [2015]
Shovel Night [2016]
---
amiibo Feature: amiibo Tap
[sharedmedia=gallery:images:25367]
[sharedmedia=gallery:images:25372]
Unlock 3-minute segments of classic Nintendo games with your amiibo and the amiibo Tap free download released April 30th, 2015.

Confirmed Games:
Nintendo Entertainment System
  • Super Mario Bros.
  • Super Mario Bros. 2
  • Super Mario Bros. 3
  • Super Mario Bros.: The Lost Levels
  • Kirby’s Adventure
  • The Legend of Zelda
  • Zelda II: The Adventure of Link
  • Metroid
  • Yoshi
  • Dr. Mario
  • Punchout!!
  • Mach Rider
  • Excitebike
  • Ice Climbers
  • Kid Icarus
  • Donkey Kong
  • Donkey Kong Jr.
  • Balloon Fight
  • Wrecking Crew
  • Pinball
  • Clu Clu Land
  • Wario’s Woods
Super Nintendo
  • Super Mario World
  • Super Mario Kart
  • F-Zero
  • Kirby’s Dreamland 3
  • Kirby’s Super Star
  • Kirby’s Dream Course
  • Super Metroid
  • The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past

Last edited by a moderator:
Like brick seeker is there anyway to find out local stock on best buys in your area or is it litreally just calling and hoping they tell yoU?

Alright guys, dilemma here. Holy Trinity + Little Mac + Shulk for Majora's Mask New 3DS. Good or bad deal? It would break up my complete set however :(

Alright guys, dilemma here. Holy Trinity + Littleac + Shulk for Majora's Mask New 3DS. Good or bad deal? It would break up my complete set however :(
If you hold no sentimental value then yes. holy trinity probably goes for around 180-200 at best in the long run considering marth's reprint, little mac goes for 90 and may increase while shulk will prob sit around 40ish. That total's to around 330-350 which isn't bad considering the N3ds may break 500 at this point

Wave 4 is disappointing.....

Still no WART

http://www.mariowiki.com/Wart

Know your history kids.... this character, much like Pit and Lil Mac was a part of Nintendo before you were born.

The Doki Doki Panic Original
Settle down, we know who Wart is, no need for a link or history lesson.

There's no Wart "yet" as he isn't in Super Smash Bros, which, you know, is the "Wave 4" series you are speaking of.

I don't need a hyperlink to learn about Wart, I'll read some tips in Nintendo Power #1 :)

Yesterday I traded my The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask 3D LE Game Bundle for brand new Shulk, Villager and Little Mac all in US package. Was that a good deal?

You are saying I had a bad deal? I shouldnt trade my MM LE game?
me personally I wouldn't trade the LE for that especially since prices could drop on some those if reprints or anything happen and shulk already has a confirmed 5/1 2nd shipment compared to the MM LE which will never have another shipment and is already close to $200 on it own and will only go up in value since it Zelda and Nintendo both

no, you could've got marth and wft also.

I dont really need to keep that MM LE bundle because I dont play 3ds at all, so I traded for something I have more use in it. I already have marth/wft .. I did ask for another Meta Knight but he didnt receive that preorder item yet.

agreed on the trade for the 3DS.  while i like amiibos very much and enjoy the hunt.  i would cash in on this bubble and trade them for pretty much anything considering these are bought for roughly $13.  I would be very surprised if these things "hold their value" (except for maybe a few)  while it seems that they are clearly in demand; pretty much everyone can find what they are looking for online and not for a ridiculous amount.  megaman, ike, shulk, sonic etc...keep popping up online for everyone to buy (just gotta be quick).

yes the "hunt" is fun and all; but seriously - how many people in this forum waited in line at TRU or BB for 2 hours only to not get an ike, megaman, sonic or dedede?  then over the course of the day; everyone gets one by clicking the grey button on target.com (except dedede so far).  everyone acts like they aren't going to ever be able to find one and at the end of the day; everyone finds one via the internet.  i found 2 falcons and 4 pits (on orders) in the last week.  I would personally much rather have amiibos vs a 3DS (never got into handhelds) but the "value" of a group of amiibos vs the "value" of a 3DS makes me sway towards trading for a 3DS.  just my $0.02.

Now let's get some dededes!

also, while it's obvious that these amiibos pertain to current gen games; i would LOVE a retro line (pertaining to the SMB2 amiibos above).  Who wouldn't want a metalman amiibo?  I would literally buy an entire megaman 2 line of robot bosses and wouldn't think twice.  and by MM2, i mean every single MM game.  Time to expand smash brothers to include about a billion characters so that there is a need for these amiibos!

Settle down, we know who Wart is, no need for a link or history lesson.

There's no Wart "yet" as he isn't in Super Smash Bros, which, you know, is the "Wave 4" series you are speaking of.

I don't need a hyperlink to learn about Wart, I'll read some tips in Nintendo Power #1 :)
You'd be surprised how many don't know who wart is. Much less any of the other characters I mentioned.....

Yesterday I traded my The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask 3D LE Game Bundle for brand new Shulk, Villager and Little Mac all in US package. Was that a good deal?
usa shulk: $42
usa villager: $125-150
usa little mac: $70

majora's mask collectors 3ds: $150

yes that's a good deal. unless you're talking about the 3ds xl, then no that's a bad deal.

unless you want to start speculating on future value.

I noticed my ship-to-home Meta Knight says "Status Not Available" but I can still cancel it, so if it is anything like the LoZ MM N3DSXL it'll ship some time in June.

yes that's a good deal. unless you're talking about the 3ds xl, then no that's a bad deal.

Trading Amiibos for a 3DS? This sounds a lot like a bubble to me.

so my filler order shipped but the mega man didn't from yesterday. i'm going to laugh if the mega man i ordered today ships but the one from yesterday stays on back order 

You do know those figures can lose their value if nintendo decides to reprint them again, which wouldn't surprise me. Also, the MM collectors edition, will only go up in time, considering if its Brand new sealed.

You do know those figures can lose their value if nintendo decides to reprint them again, which wouldn't surprise me. Also, the MM collectors edition, will only go up in time, considering if its Brand new sealed.
on a pure $ basis right now he made money. If he were to sell his amiibos right now he'd make near $200. If's going to take years if not decades to see the MM LE break the 150 barrier that its at right now.

Off to Michael's to buy them baseball bat display cases.  I need one for a signed bat that I have anyways.

is he trading for the 3DS console or just the collector's game?

if it's the collectors game not much difference since it's just the game with an amiibo itself
My impression is that he traded his Limited Edition Majora's Mask New 3DS for three Amiibo's. The hallmarks of bubbles are that they have a way of inflating further than anyone ever believed possible and that you can't tell with 100% certainty that you're in one until it's burst.

like I said, I wasn't speculating on future value as the trade stands today, that is a good deal.

Also if villager is reprinted I guarantee the packing will be different in some way and the old villager will retain it's value. USA Villager sells for a lot even though it's not as hard to get in other countries and the only difference is some writing on the packaging. Ofcourse who knows how long the amiibos craze will last.

He could sell everything he got right now, buy the collectors edition back and have money left over.

on a pure $ basis right now he made money. If he were to sell his amiibos right now he'd make near $200. If's going to take years if not decades to see the MM LE break the 150 barrier that its at right now.
He seems to be collector and not a reseller, so $ basis don't matter. In long term value, the MM LE is more rarer then these amiibos, in specially since they all can be re released in a few months.

My impression is that he traded his Limited Edition Majora's Mask New 3DS for three Amiibo's. The hallmarks of bubbles are that they have a way of inflating further than anyone ever believed possible and that you can't tell with 100% certainty that you're in one until it's burst.
wait, he traded his MM console for these amiibos? WOW lol.

hate to break it to everyone; but no one is going to get rich "investing" in this stuff.  if you're really trying to make money - intelligently play the stock market.  just be honest and say you're collecting amiibos for the fun of it and because they are awesome.  if you're buying multiple amiibos and flipping them to only make $20; i'd wager you're not in the best shape financially or you just enjoy the hobby of flipping.  hopefully it's the latter.

like I said, I wasn't speculating on future value as the trade stands today, that is a good deal.

Also if villager is reprinted I guarantee the packing will be different in some way and the old villager will retain it's value. USA Villager sells for a lot even though it's not as hard to get in other countries and the only difference is some writing on the packaging. Ofcourse who knows how long the amiibos craze will last.

He could sell everything he got right now, buy the collectors edition back and have money left over.
I highly doubt they will change their packaging if its re release lol. Even if they did, wouldn't change anything. Reprint, value always goes down doesn't matter if its the old or new. Not like people will notice which one is which unless they really do change the way villager looks. Like I said to the other guy, I was referring to being a collector and not some one who would resell.

He said "The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask 3D LE Game Bundle"

I dunno why one would think the console since he made it pretty clear
I had no idea there was an individual game bundled with a statue until you posted this. Well if that's what he's talking about then it seems like he did alright for himself but I still feel that Amiibos will not retain their value over the long term.

I highly doubt they will change their packaging if its re release lol. Even if they did, wouldn't change anything. Reprint, value always goes down doesn't matter if its the old or new. Not like people will notice which one is which unless they really do change the way villager looks. Like I said to the other guy, I was referring to being a collector and not some one who would resell.
Sure bro, I hear the original action comics #1 isn't even worth its weight in toilet paper after the numerous reprints

hate to break it to everyone; but no one is going to get rich "investing" in this stuff. if you're really trying to make money - intelligently play the stock market. just be honest and say you're collecting amiibos for the fun of it and because they are awesome. if you're buying multiple amiibos and flipping them to only make $20; i'd wager you're not in the best shape financially or you just enjoy the hobby of flipping. hopefully it's the latter.
Hopefully is not waiting in the freezing cold for an hour before a store opens only to make $20 lol

Seriously? Why not compare it to old Roman coins next?
I thought reprints destroy value?in decades time the only people you're going to be selling to are collectors. If the reprint is more plentiful and can be readily distinguished in any way it will have its own separate value but that's beside the case. We're arguing about what could happen when we have no idea if it will

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back