Status
Not open for further replies.

litepink

CAGiversary!
Feedback
37 (100%)
**DO NOT POST TRADES HERE** Please use the amiibo Master Trade Thread
amiibo.gif

GOOGLE DOC WITH PRODUCT INFO (SKUs, Target DCPIs, etc)
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1uOZKhVW1S25GDETsqinf0Qzl1trbKcw2wT2swfcTAfE/edit#gid=0
(via redddit)

Retailers

Amazon
amazon.com

Toys R Us
Toysrus.com

Best Buy - 20% off with Gamers Club Unlocked Membership
[background=#202229]bestbuy.com[/background]

Target | 5% off and Free Shipping with REDcard
Target.com       In-store inventory tracker: http://brickseek.com/

Gamestop - Use promo code SAVER at checkout for free shipping over $25
http://www.gamestop.com/browse?nav=16k-3-amiibo,28zu0

Walmart
walmart.com

Other retailers:
goHastings | goHastings.com
FYE | fye.com | Store Locator
Meijer | In-store only. Stores in MI, IL, IN, and OH | Store Locatorhttp://www.meijer.com/custserv/store_locator.jsp
Fred Meyer | In-store | Store Locator
Nintendo World Store (New York City) | In-store only

Currently Available:
Wave 1 [Released Nov 2014]
Mario
Link
Pikachu
Samus
Donkey Kong
Peach
Yoshi
Villager
Kirby
Fox McCloud
Marth
Wii Fit Instructor

Wave 2 [Released Dec 2014]
Diddy Kong
Zelda
Little Mac
Pit
Luigi
Captain Falcon

Wave 3 [Released Jan/Feb 2015]
Sheik
Toon Link
Bowser
Mega Man
Sonic
King Dedede
Ike
Lucario (TRU Exclusive at launch now available elsewhere)
Rosalina (Target Exclsuive for now)
Shulk (Gamestop Exclusive at launch, now available elsewhere)

Super Mario Series [Released March 2015]
Mario
Peach
Luigi
Bowser
Yoshi
Toad
Silver Mario
*Gold Mario | exclusive to Walmart LINK

Wave 4 Super Smash Bros. Series [May 29th, 2015]
PacMan
Charizard
Wario
Robin
Lucina
Ness (Gamestop exclusive fo now)
Greninja (Toys R Us exclusive at launch, now available elsewhere)
Jigglypuff (Target exclusive for now)

Splatoon Series [May 29th 2015]
Splatoon 3-Pack (Boy, Girl, Squid)
Splatoon Boy
Splatoon Girl

Wave 5 Super Smash Bros. Series [July/September 2015]
Dark Pit - Best Buy Exclusive for now
Palutena - Amazon Exclusive for now
Bowser Jr.
Gannondorf
Zero Suit Samus

Olimar
Dr. Mario

30th Anniversary Mario [September 2015]
Classic Color
Modern Color (in North America, only available in Walmart console bundle at launch).

Animal Crossing Happy Home Designer Cards [September 2015]
http://animal-crossing.com/amiibo-cards/

Chibo-Robo [October 2015]
(Figure exclusive to Chibi-Robo Zip-Lash bundle for 3DS)

Upcoming
Yoshi's Wooly World [Oct 16th, 2015]
Yoshi (Green, Pink, Blue, Giant Green)

Falco, Mewtwo [2015]
Shovel Night [2016]
---
amiibo Feature: amiibo Tap
[sharedmedia=gallery:images:25367]
[sharedmedia=gallery:images:25372]
Unlock 3-minute segments of classic Nintendo games with your amiibo and the amiibo Tap free download released April 30th, 2015.

Confirmed Games:
Nintendo Entertainment System
  • Super Mario Bros.
  • Super Mario Bros. 2
  • Super Mario Bros. 3
  • Super Mario Bros.: The Lost Levels
  • Kirby’s Adventure
  • The Legend of Zelda
  • Zelda II: The Adventure of Link
  • Metroid
  • Yoshi
  • Dr. Mario
  • Punchout!!
  • Mach Rider
  • Excitebike
  • Ice Climbers
  • Kid Icarus
  • Donkey Kong
  • Donkey Kong Jr.
  • Balloon Fight
  • Wrecking Crew
  • Pinball
  • Clu Clu Land
  • Wario’s Woods
Super Nintendo
  • Super Mario World
  • Super Mario Kart
  • F-Zero
  • Kirby’s Dreamland 3
  • Kirby’s Super Star
  • Kirby’s Dream Course
  • Super Metroid
  • The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past

Last edited by a moderator:
OK, just checking. Too many on here thinking that they are entitled to such a character such as ness when the only game they've played featuring him is smash bros lol
A bit salty for my liking, but i do agree with your perspective. My example would be Fire Emblem, a lot of people seem to love that series but most only know them from the Smash series or FE: Awakening (newest FE installment). I haven't heard a reference from the prior games: Fire Emblem GBA, Path of Radiance etc.

That's what I'm talking about! I remember I was like "why is this box so big" only to see that the game came with its own players guide!
I was in a GoodWill yesterday and saw a giant box for The Sims. My girlfriend loves The Sims and she wanted us to check out why it was so big. Open it up and there is a guide, manual, inserts, and protective packaging.

http://www.amazon.com/Sims-People-Simulator-Creator-SimCity-Pc/dp/B000040OEI/ref=sr_1_2?s=videogames&ie=UTF8&qid=1424035147&sr=1-2&keywords=the+sims

Can't find a picture of it but it was the size of a small textbook.

I was in a GoodWill yesterday and saw a giant box for The Sims. My girlfriend loves The Sims and she wanted us to check out why it was so big. Open it up and there is a guide, manual, inserts, and protective packaging.

http://www.amazon.com/Sims-People-Simulator-Creator-SimCity-Pc/dp/B000040OEI/ref=sr_1_2?s=videogames&ie=UTF8&qid=1424035147&sr=1-2&keywords=the+sims

Can't find a picture of it but it was the size of a small textbook.
You can find some unique items in goodwill stores! I bought my wife sims 4 during the Black Friday sale at a steal.

That's what I'm talking about! I remember I was like "why is this box so big" only to see that the game came with its own players guide.
Lamentably, I do not have the book. Maybe i'll buy and flip amiibos so I can spend the few hundred to get the book on ebay :(

A bit salty for my liking, but i do agree with your perspective. My example would be Fire Emblem, a lot of people seem to love that series but most only know them from the Smash series or FE: Awakening (newest FE installment). I haven't heard a reference from the prior games: Fire Emblem GBA, Path of Radiance etc.
I hear you. People drooling over Marth's rarity when they never even played Fire Emblem on the super fanticom. If you know anyone that's played it on the 1977 family computer system, that would be an individual to admire!

That is why I can't buy Ike or his friends. I haven't played a FE game and I'd be posing. Except I might buy that Robin since he has a book in his hand and I"m a sucker for scholarly characters. Anyone can fight. Not everyone can learn!

Robin and Ness are going to be hot.

Lucina and Pacman too.

Charizard and Wario will be the toon link of the bunch, but will still be hard to attain.

I think I'm worthy enough to get pacman as I've played an original upright cabinet version, but I have not played pacland on the turbo graphix 16 lol

Wait doesn't that make you a scalper if you bought two to sell?
I didn't buy two to sell. I was collecting Amiibos for myself but gave up due to the clusterfuck it has become. I sold off my entire collection which was only missing Marth.

The only reason I got two Lucario's was because they were a 2 for 20 deal and I hoped I could trade the extra for Marth, or at least cover part of the trade.

A scalper is someone with no stake in the hobby, who goes out of their way to buy as many units as they can with intention of driving up the price and exploiting people who are invested in it.

I finally picked up my Sonic from BBY today. Surprised they kept it for 2 days.
My local gamestops have drawers full of wave 3's that haven't been picked up after 48 hours. They still won't sell them though. That 48 hour policy is a joke if the regional manager tells them they need to keep them until the person who pre-ordered it shows up.

My local gamestops have drawers full of wave 3's that haven't been picked up after 48 hours. They still won't sell them though. That 48 hour policy is a joke if the regional manager tells them they need to keep them until the person who pre-ordered it shows up.
because the manager/employees want them

Why is it a good sign for the status of my Best Buy order to be unavailable? My order is the same as his and now I'm nervous.
i have had dozen and dozen of orders that had that as a status and it perfectly nOrmal and means they will be shipping soon and is just between status's right now and is nothing to worry about

because the manager/employees want them
Naw, with online purchase ship to home being plentiful these days, managers know that if they want to keep their jobs in retail store fronts, they need to maintain a reason for shopping at store fronts. hording amiibos as a manager/employee is NOT the way to keep these B&M stores alive.

Whats a good price on Captain Falcon now a days?
Depends on how horrible the weather conditions where when you went to pick it up and how much you valued your time when you picked it up at your local Xenia walmart or gamestop. 71 through Xenia was a complete white out yesterday.

Did anyone exactly get their sonic shipped from best buy? I feel like he just got pushed back to release with the others
While not shipping, my pick up order of a Sonic was not there last Friday even though I got a pickup email. Guy said they just didn't get any of them yet. I have until Saturday for the order to be cancelled, so when I go this coming Friday to get the rest of wave 3 I will see how it goes.

OK, so this is what pisses me off about Amiibos. People that want to collect them, finding rares should be difficult. It is like opening a pack of Poke'mon cards hoping you see a shiny holographic in the middle. But the fact that it catches wind to all of these full time resellers is bogous.

It has gotten to the point where when the first wave came out not many people really caught wind...until everyone realized that there are 3 of these amiibos that are super rare and sell at a second hand level for a premium. Then they just buy all of wave 2 and 3 because that causes a dillution of the market where these real collectors can only buy the new commons from them at a premium.

TLDR;/Old news; Basically, this rant is caused by me noticing that Toad was announced to be limited run and rare, so what happens? His pre-order sells out FIRST! Now we all know Toad isn't that popular to be bought up pre-ordered before ANYONE else! Maybe the fact that Toad doesn't have a Smash amiibo had something to do with that, but I think it was because everyone thinks if they bought Toad's they could make a buck on them. *sigh* I'm never going to get a Pit or Falcon for less than $30 :((

What's the best way of seeing if I can buy a Shulk that hasn't been claimed yet? Have three stores around me, all showing in stock, and they are the only three in a 50 mile radius having him in stock so I know others have sold and/or had the preorders claimed. Show them the in stock page and call them out when just last night the guy shook his head profusely they didn't have any left from preorders?

What's the best way of seeing if I can buy a Shulk that hasn't been claimed yet? Have three stores around me, all showing in stock, and they are the only three in a 50 mile radius having him in stock so I know others have sold and/or had the preorders claimed. Show them the in stock page and call them out when just last night the guy shook his head profusely they didn't have any left from preorders?
call store

OK, so this is what pisses me off about Amiibos. People that want to collect them, finding rares should be difficult. It is like opening a pack of Poke'mon cards hoping you see a shiny holographic in the middle. But the fact that it catches wind to all of these full time resellers is bogous.

It has gotten to the point where when the first wave came out not many people really caught wind...until everyone realized that there are 3 of these amiibos that are super rare and sell at a second hand level for a premium. Then they just buy all of wave 2 and 3 because that causes a dillution of the market where these real collectors can only buy the new commons from them at a premium.

TLDR;/Old news; Basically, this rant is caused by me noticing that Toad was announced to be limited run and rare, so what happens? His pre-order sells out FIRST! Now we all know Toad isn't that popular to be bought up pre-ordered before ANYONE else! Maybe the fact that Toad doesn't have a Smash amiibo had something to do with that, but I think it was because everyone thinks if they bought Toad's they could make a buck on them. *sigh* I'm never going to get a Pit or Falcon for less than $30 :((
Ionno, toad's got a weird following among mario fans. Even if they didn't announce he was limited I wouldn't be surprised if he was still the most pre-ordered character.

you can still get a shulk through the web in store thing

Actually, I have a NIB Captain Falcon I'm willing to part with. PM me if you're interested, amiibro.

How can you even tell if a store has Shulk in stock? Gamestop.com doesn't even give you the option to search anymore.

Ionno, toad's got a weird following among mario fans. Even if they didn't announce he was limited I wouldn't be surprised if he was still the most pre-ordered character.
I'm not surprised that he's the first one sold out because people know that he is the least popular character so A) Nintendo probably isn't going to make as many, and B) people know that so they rushed to preorder him first.

Yeah, I'll never spend that much on these. Not worth it for something like this. I couldn't agree with you more though. King Dedede? Do you really think that 42 year old seller on Ebay knows who Dedede is? No, he just gained word of mouth that he'd be a rare. Same with Falcon, Marth, ESPECIALLY WFT, etc. And Toad? Oh my God, please. I've never known someone who likes Toad. *Playing Mario Kart* " fucking Toad!" And in New Super Mario Bros. Wii? Ha! You'd Think he'd be as common as Mario/Pikachu but that fake inflation caused by assholes, man... Ruins the fun. As a toy collector, I LOVE the hunt. I love driving 50 miles for something stupid like this. But that's the catch, It's only fun when there's a chance that the figure you're wanting might be in one of these stores, but instead, the only way you can get them is from scalpers. I love competition, trying to snag something from a fellow collector is exciting, but I refuse to put up with these fuckers pawning them online.

I'm not surprised that he's the first one sold out because people know that he is the least popular character so A) Nintendo probably isn't going to make as many, and B) people know that so they rushed to preorder him first.
I was about it like he has a weird but devoted fanbase. You know those kids that like toad over mario and luigi despite the fact that before treasure tracker he basically had less personality than mario? I can imagine people like that buying him straight up because he needs him, not so much because he's rare but I could be wrong. As of now its definitely cause nintendo throw gasoline into the fire

Got to Gamestop and do an instore order. Mine was like $14.07 and it's being shipped to my house free.

I was about it like he has a weird but devoted fanbase. You know those kids that like toad over mario and luigi despite the fact that before treasure tracker he basically had less personality than mario? I can imagine people like that buying him straight up because he needs him, not so much because he's rare but I could be wrong. As of now its definitely cause nintendo throw gasoline into the fire
I actually do prefer Toad over the rest. Wish he got more attention but Captain Toad is a nice start.

tumblr_nd8xpt3ekK1s8ouhxo2_400.gif

I was excited for Toad because I heard there would be synergy with Treasure Tracker. I dunno about anyone else, but I made sure I got my pre-order in for that.

Yeah, I'll never spend that much on these. Not worth it for something like this. I couldn't agree with you more though. King Dedede? Do you really think that 42 year old seller on Ebay knows who Dedede is? No, he just gained word of mouth that he'd be a rare. Same with Falcon, Marth, ESPECIALLY WFT, etc. And Toad? Oh my God, please. I've never known someone who likes Toad. *Playing Mario Kart* " fucking Toad!" And in New Super Mario Bros. Wii? Ha! You'd Think he'd be as common as Mario/Pikachu but that fake inflation caused by assholes, man... Ruins the fun. As a toy collector, I LOVE the hunt. I love driving 50 miles for something stupid like this. But that's the catch, It's only fun when there's a chance that the figure you're wanting might be in one of these stores, but instead, the only way you can get them is from scalpers. I love competition, trying to snag something from a fellow collector is exciting, but I refuse to put up with these fuckers pawning them online.
I'll never spend that much on these either but I hate driving around let alone driving a lot of miles to look for these things. I haven't done it yet and I won't start to either. If I can't get them online or at the Nintendo World store i won't bother.

Except these things shouldn't be that rare to begin with. Stores receiving a single shipment of 5 of a certain amiibo and then no more are ridiculous. No store around me has shortage of Iron Fist from Disney Infinity. If Disney can keep Iron Fist of all characters in stock, there's no way Nintendo shouldn't be able to keep Falcon, Pit, etc. in stock since they are in a recently released game compared to someone like the Iron Fist. It's Nintendo's fault for keeping supplies low and being vague on questions of restocks. Scalpers only scalp when things are in low supply. What happened to Marth's price after Nintendo announced he would be re-released? They plummeted.

TLDR version was as long as the Did Read Version.

One 7 lines the other 6. Good rant though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back