Status
Not open for further replies.

litepink

CAGiversary!
Feedback
37 (100%)
**DO NOT POST TRADES HERE** Please use the amiibo Master Trade Thread
amiibo.gif

GOOGLE DOC WITH PRODUCT INFO (SKUs, Target DCPIs, etc)
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1uOZKhVW1S25GDETsqinf0Qzl1trbKcw2wT2swfcTAfE/edit#gid=0
(via redddit)

Retailers

Amazon
amazon.com

Toys R Us
Toysrus.com

Best Buy - 20% off with Gamers Club Unlocked Membership
[background=#202229]bestbuy.com[/background]

Target | 5% off and Free Shipping with REDcard
Target.com       In-store inventory tracker: http://brickseek.com/

Gamestop - Use promo code SAVER at checkout for free shipping over $25
http://www.gamestop.com/browse?nav=16k-3-amiibo,28zu0

Walmart
walmart.com

Other retailers:
goHastings | goHastings.com
FYE | fye.com | Store Locator
Meijer | In-store only. Stores in MI, IL, IN, and OH | Store Locatorhttp://www.meijer.com/custserv/store_locator.jsp
Fred Meyer | In-store | Store Locator
Nintendo World Store (New York City) | In-store only

Currently Available:
Wave 1 [Released Nov 2014]
Mario
Link
Pikachu
Samus
Donkey Kong
Peach
Yoshi
Villager
Kirby
Fox McCloud
Marth
Wii Fit Instructor

Wave 2 [Released Dec 2014]
Diddy Kong
Zelda
Little Mac
Pit
Luigi
Captain Falcon

Wave 3 [Released Jan/Feb 2015]
Sheik
Toon Link
Bowser
Mega Man
Sonic
King Dedede
Ike
Lucario (TRU Exclusive at launch now available elsewhere)
Rosalina (Target Exclsuive for now)
Shulk (Gamestop Exclusive at launch, now available elsewhere)

Super Mario Series [Released March 2015]
Mario
Peach
Luigi
Bowser
Yoshi
Toad
Silver Mario
*Gold Mario | exclusive to Walmart LINK

Wave 4 Super Smash Bros. Series [May 29th, 2015]
PacMan
Charizard
Wario
Robin
Lucina
Ness (Gamestop exclusive fo now)
Greninja (Toys R Us exclusive at launch, now available elsewhere)
Jigglypuff (Target exclusive for now)

Splatoon Series [May 29th 2015]
Splatoon 3-Pack (Boy, Girl, Squid)
Splatoon Boy
Splatoon Girl

Wave 5 Super Smash Bros. Series [July/September 2015]
Dark Pit - Best Buy Exclusive for now
Palutena - Amazon Exclusive for now
Bowser Jr.
Gannondorf
Zero Suit Samus

Olimar
Dr. Mario

30th Anniversary Mario [September 2015]
Classic Color
Modern Color (in North America, only available in Walmart console bundle at launch).

Animal Crossing Happy Home Designer Cards [September 2015]
http://animal-crossing.com/amiibo-cards/

Chibo-Robo [October 2015]
(Figure exclusive to Chibi-Robo Zip-Lash bundle for 3DS)

Upcoming
Yoshi's Wooly World [Oct 16th, 2015]
Yoshi (Green, Pink, Blue, Giant Green)

Falco, Mewtwo [2015]
Shovel Night [2016]
---
amiibo Feature: amiibo Tap
[sharedmedia=gallery:images:25367]
[sharedmedia=gallery:images:25372]
Unlock 3-minute segments of classic Nintendo games with your amiibo and the amiibo Tap free download released April 30th, 2015.

Confirmed Games:
Nintendo Entertainment System
  • Super Mario Bros.
  • Super Mario Bros. 2
  • Super Mario Bros. 3
  • Super Mario Bros.: The Lost Levels
  • Kirby’s Adventure
  • The Legend of Zelda
  • Zelda II: The Adventure of Link
  • Metroid
  • Yoshi
  • Dr. Mario
  • Punchout!!
  • Mach Rider
  • Excitebike
  • Ice Climbers
  • Kid Icarus
  • Donkey Kong
  • Donkey Kong Jr.
  • Balloon Fight
  • Wrecking Crew
  • Pinball
  • Clu Clu Land
  • Wario’s Woods
Super Nintendo
  • Super Mario World
  • Super Mario Kart
  • F-Zero
  • Kirby’s Dreamland 3
  • Kirby’s Super Star
  • Kirby’s Dream Course
  • Super Metroid
  • The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past

Last edited by a moderator:
Care of Cheesemeister on Twitter:

US Rankings

Sell-through Sales
1. Marth 1. Link
2. Villager 2. Mario
3. WFT 3. Pikachu
4. Pit 4. Kirby
5. Captain Falcon 5. Samus
6. Link 6. Yoshi
7. Fox 7. Zelda
8. Rosetta & Chiko 8. Donkey Kong
9. Samus 9. Peach
10. Yoshi 10. Luigi

Kinda curious where Little Mac is on the left.

Even if it wasnt sold out the likelihood of them actually putting it aside are slim to none. The online store pickups orders automatically get pulled by people. If you show up on toad amiboo release day with ur preorder receipt they will probably go to the shelf and grab it then check you out. Thats if they have any left
That is if you have idiots at your store that don't know how to check a simple receipt. The online ones yes get alerted to the inventory team to pick them and tag with those stickers. But the in store ones you can check the report to see what and how many were pre orders.

Call ahead a couple days before release if you pre ordered in store make sure they check the report.

http://nintendoeverything.com/iwata-amiibo-that-have-become-scarcerequired-for-play-will-be-restocked-if-theres-demand-from-customers-and-retailers

While everyone kind of presumed this would be how it is, it's nice to read that that is indeed their line of thought.

In my opinion though, if they were smart they could easily set up a pre-order system on their online store. Pre-order date is unspecified, as they will reinstate the mold/order through their manufacturer once they reach x pre-orders. Where x is whatever number they deem to be profitable enough in terms of margins. Knowing the toy market, you then have a good 2 1/2 - 3 months to receive the items in an ideal world (though more like 3-5)

http://nintendoeverything.com/iwata-amiibo-that-have-become-scarcerequired-for-play-will-be-restocked-if-theres-demand-from-customers-and-retailers

While everyone kind of presumed this would be how it is, it's nice to read that that is indeed their line of thought.

In my opinion though, if they were smart they could easily set up a pre-order system on their online store. Pre-order date is unspecified, as they will reinstate the mold/order through their manufacturer once they reach x pre-orders. Where x is whatever number they deem to be profitable enough in terms of margins. Knowing the toy market, you then have a good 2 1/2 - 3 months to receive the items in an ideal world (though more like 3-5)
Nintendo is not a retail company, if you think amazon or best buy do things poorly, just imagine what a company that's never shipped things to consumers on a large scale is going to fare.

That's interesting that they plan on using amiibo to unlock NES and SNES games in the future.  I hope that doesn't mean that they intend on raising prices on said amiibo.  I'm struggling to see it from a different angle.  I'm sure it's a business decision for Nintendo, not a reward for us being such loyal customers that buy everything out.

Just curious what the con dealers were selling the Shulks (and/or Rosalinas) for?
The dealer that was selling Shulk had him for $50 (understandable, as the only figures out in the market is the American release that is sold at Gamestop), while Rosalina was being sold at one place for $40.

Nintendo is not a retail company, if you think amazon or best buy do things poorly, just imagine what a company that's never shipped things to consumers on a large scale is going to fare.
You can buy a few stuff direct from Nintendo right now. Sure it is not as fast as the other but it works.

Anyone here work at Best Buy and can check local stores for Meta Knight stock? I know some guy was doing this for MM XL in that thread.

My Best Buy is being a dick about it. Said they have it but didn't wouldn't tell me if there will be extras outside preorders. Guy was like "you'll have to come and see on Friday morning".

That's interesting that they plan on using amiibo to unlock NES and SNES games in the future. I hope that doesn't mean that they intend on raising prices on said amiibo. I'm struggling to see it from a different angle. I'm sure it's a business decision for Nintendo, not a reward for us being such loyal customers that buy everything out.
Where did you get this from? The twitter poster followed up the initial post with this "Apparently you tap the Amiibo to unlock a scene from a famous classic game... interesting."you don't unlock an NES or SNES game. You just unlock a classic scene from a game.

Nintendo's Investor Briefing and Q & A is underway after its postponement of a couple of weeks, and Satoru Iwata's Presentation has been uploaded to the company's Japanese website. It's heavily focused on sales patterns rather than outlining new products or core strategies, but one new announcement to catch the eye relates to an upcoming usage of amiibo with the Wii U Virtual Console.

In the first half of this year free software will become available in which you tap an amiibo on the GamePad to choose from a selection of NES and SNES titles. Your access is for a limited time in a particular game scene, but subsequent taps of the amiibo will change up the section of the title that's playable, allowing you to cycle through trying different parts of the experience. It sounds, to us, like a snappy NES Remix-style approach - albeit without wacky tweaks to gameplay - that'll aim to combine amiibo and retro samples to encourage you to buy Virtual Console games. We're sure details of how the amiibo types effect choices, and how it'll work fully in practice, will emerge in the coming weeks.

In terms of broader amiibo statements, Iwata-san has acknowledged that demand has often outstripped demand, reiterating that where possible more stock will be manufactured. Words of caution around manufacturing capabilities, however, suggest that we shouldn't expect all rare or popular figures to be heavily replenished.

The graph below is interesting, however, as it shows which areas have been dominant in terms of amiibo shipping. Though stock issues are perhaps at their worst in the US, it's actually North America that's had 63% of shipments, with EU at 23%, 11% to Japan and 3% to Australia.

http://www.nintendolife.com/news/2015/02/nintendo_to_introduce_free_software_with_nes_and_snes_experiences_activated_through_amiibo

The logistics of something like this would be difficult... especially if they were to keep the price reasonable.

Anyone here work at Best Buy and can check local stores for Meta Knight stock? I know some guy was doing this for MM XL in that thread.

My Best Buy is being a dick about it. Said they have it but didn't wouldn't tell me if there will be extras outside preorders. Guy was like "you'll have to come and see on Friday morning".
Yeah Best Buy workers can be pricks. Just have satisfaction in knowing that he doesn't actually know any details. The truth is they have no idea what they're doing or whether they'll have enough to cover pre-orders or not. Your best bet is to just try to find another store that will tell you they have a ton of them. Or go in there on Thursday when they finally know what they have, and talk to someone else.

The dealer that was selling Shulk had him for $50 (understandable, as the only figures out in the market is the American release that is sold at Gamestop), while Rosalina was being sold at one place for $40.
Thanks. That's actually a little lower than I thought they would be (I figured $60 for Shulk and $50 for Rosa), considering the cost to rent boorth space and the captive market (at least for 2-3 days).

Nintendo's Investor Briefing and Q & A is underway after its postponement of a couple of weeks, and Satoru Iwata's Presentation has been uploaded to the company's Japanese website. It's heavily focused on sales patterns rather than outlining new products or core strategies, but one new announcement to catch the eye relates to an upcoming usage of amiibo with the Wii U Virtual Console.

In the first half of this year free software will become available in which you tap an amiibo on the GamePad to choose from a selection of NES and SNES titles. Your access is for a limited time in a particular game scene, but subsequent taps of the amiibo will change up the section of the title that's playable, allowing you to cycle through trying different parts of the experience. It sounds, to us, like a snappy NES Remix-style approach - albeit without wacky tweaks to gameplay - that'll aim to combine amiibo and retro samples to encourage you to buy Virtual Console games. We're sure details of how the amiibo types effect choices, and how it'll work fully in practice, will emerge in the coming weeks.

In terms of broader amiibo statements, Iwata-san has acknowledged that demand has often outstripped demand, reiterating that where possible more stock will be manufactured. Words of caution around manufacturing capabilities, however, suggest that we shouldn't expect all rare or popular figures to be heavily replenished.

The graph below is interesting, however, as it shows which areas have been dominant in terms of amiibo shipping. Though stock issues are perhaps at their worst in the US, it's actually North America that's had 63% of shipments, with EU at 23%, 11% to Japan and 3% to Australia.

http://www.nintendolife.com/news/2015/02/nintendo_to_introduce_free_software_with_nes_and_snes_experiences_activated_through_amiibo
Thanks for posting this and clarifying.

Club Nintendo counts too, right?
Yeah but that's relatively low scale. We're talking about shipping out tens of thousands of amiibos potentially to individuals and setting up a robust customer service system to deal with all the issues which some of them get lost/crushed etc. All that while pissing the shit out of every retailer in the US.

Where did you get this from? The twitter poster followed up the initial post with this "Apparently you tap the Amiibo to unlock a scene from a famous classic game... interesting."you don't unlock an NES or SNES game. You just unlock a classic scene from a game.
Deader posted amiibo news that amiibo were going to unlock Famicom and Super Famicom games.

Amiibo News ‏@AmiiboNews 27s28 seconds ago

From the Nintendo Investment Call: Wii U software that will use Amiibo to unlock Famicom and Super Famicom games coming later this year.

0 replies 0 retweets 0 favorites

Ugh, that /r/amiibo sub is awful. Bunch of crappy jokes, collection pics consisting of a single common amiibo, "grain of salt" posts and "look what I got" with no useful info.
Never been there, but sounds a lot like this thread without all the "My X amiibo has or hasn't shipped yet" posts and constant arguing about rarity and other speculation.

You know, with those regional distribution rates, a complete set of JP amiibo will probably become worth the most in the long term. lol. Here we are, all scurrying to overpay for the NA figures when the packaging on the EU and the JP figures are more interesting. It's kind of a funny deal. For the sake of completion though!

Yes and the post I put up is the one that follows that tweet. You don't get the full game unlocked. Just iconic scenes from that game. Zeb06 posted a good explanation a couple of posts back.
Yes I see that :)

That is if you have idiots at your store that don't know how to check a simple receipt. The online ones yes get alerted to the inventory team to pick them and tag with those stickers. But the in store ones you can check the report to see what and how many were pre orders.

Call ahead a couple days before release if you pre ordered in store make sure they check the report.
But does an instore preorder from the machine guarantee the store will order an extra copy? I preordered the smash bros bundle instore through the machine.
I still went 30 mins before opening incase they f'd up my order. Line was like ten people. Went in line once i got in to pick it up everyone else dashed to the wii u section.
Gave my receipt and Guy went to the wii u section and grabbed it and rung me out.
I always do online for store pickup and it nevers fails except for marth.
They also waited an extra day for pit to arrive instead of canceling it. So i was able to get it with my luigi and capt falcon.

Nintendo confirms single-run, limited edition amiibo

Perhaps most terrifying of all, Nintendo says that they are preparing one run limited edition Amiibo.

http://gonintendo.com/?mode=viewstory&id=247442
proving that nintendo considers these items collectibles and not toys.

Got a wquick question. Best Buy has that preorder machine printer near their game section, and looking through it it is still possible to preorder Toad. I had though preorders were done with already, plus I also saw preorders for other characters that had already been released. Is the machine up to date or what? Dont want to preorder it and they don't bother to hold one for me.
the machine at my bestbuy has been out of ink for over year. I complain to the manager each time I see him but he really doesn't care.

Ugh, that /r/amiibo sub is awful. Bunch of crappy jokes, collection pics consisting of a single common amiibo, "grain of salt" posts and "look what I got" with no useful info.

Sifting through all of that for Wave 4 pre-order info will test your sanity.
yup, the average age of the users on that subbreddit are probably 13 or 14. Also many people who haven't learned that the electronics employee at target does not have any inside information and is probably just making up lies.

Deader posted amiibo news that amiibo were going to unlock Famicom and Super Famicom games.
It's not a scene or full game - I think those are kind of bad translations. It's a timed demo, queued up to a specific "scene" - in other words, it's the demos included in Smash Bros (though probably not necessarily *only* those games - it could be other games featuring the characters or the same games queued up to different points).

Edit: Also regarding more Best Buy trucks tomorrow, I'll be curious to see if they finally get Ike and Dedede in. Based on the store tracking (which shows all the Meta Knights currently) it doesn't look like any Best Buys near me got either in. But I'm guessing they are coming on a later truck. Hopefully :p

I'm still surprised how many people don't know the difference between sell and sale.
he might have been referring to the description in that listing:

"I have for Sell, an Original US Version Box Only, that I am selling that I took my personal Shulk out of for use."

With Marth bring re released is there any information that villager, little Mac, wii fit trainer etc will be re released as well? I heard they wanna do a vault type thing and release them every so often but I haven't heard anything since. Apologies if this has been asked numerous times.

With Marth bring re released is there any information that villager, little Mac, wii fit trainer etc will be re released as well? I heard they wanna do a vault type thing and release them every so often but I haven't heard anything since. Apologies if this has been asked numerous times.
they said they will rerelease any amiibos that have games for them which mean probably no wft unless a new wii fit game release which is doubtful and also doubtful on little Mac and probably villager will rerelease when a new animal crossing game releases

...Why haven't we implemented this already? Partner up with someone on the opposite sleep schedule as you, and never miss another pre-order window. Any earlybirds want to join this night owl's amiibo watch?
Lol you mean.. You haven't implemented this... I'll be lost without the advice and tips from my amiibros

Lol you mean.. You haven't implemented this... I'll be lost without the advice and tips from my amiibros
I mean swapping phone numbers for text alerts, specifically. I check the amiibo subreddit and here constantly, but neither place can ring my phone when I'm asleep to alert me of a fleeting pre-order window.

He might not of been being a dick....as I explained oh, probably 30 pages back

"On hand=total number of the item that is currently in the store. Avaliable On hand=Total available TO SELL in store. So if there is a display, an item that is damaged, an item on hold for a dot com pickup, etc, etc, it will show up as "On hand" but not "Avaliable". Online orders for MetaKnight will NOT take away from the total On Hand until Thursday, when you all will get your "waiting for pick-up" emails. In-store preorders NEVER get taken out of the total on hand, that's why so many bad stores have issues holding them. You are relying on an employee to check a report that is BURIED in the system (and that for the longest time you needed a supervisor to log into) and manually hold them. Right now there should be no difference between On Hand and Avaliable in any stores, unless you have really smart employees marking them as displays to be sure they are held for preorders.

I can tell you my store so far only has enough of all the new figures to cover preorders. Yes, that includes MetaKnight. I pray we get more, last Friday was horrible enough with resellers yelling at me not having any new amiibos to sell. Sure, they couldn't tell me which they were looking for and just showed me pictures of ebay listings, but they WANTED them NOW. Oh, and if you call a Best Buy and they give you stock numbers, don't believe that's how many they will have available, very few employees know how to navigate the preorder report, and 98% of them that do will not be the ones answering the phones, and the inventory system does not take online preorders out of avaliable stock until the day before release, and it never takes in store preorders out of available stock, it's up to a smart employee to check the preorder report and hold them. Holy hell that's a run on sentence, but I'm not going to fix it. "

That being said I seem to remember you are in Phoenix (correct me if I'm wrong). That means you are in my district. Tempe Marketplace got the most of all stores, with about a dozen. I DO NOT know how many preorders they have, as I can only check my own store. However, with them being know as the college town store, I doubt they have extras. I'll be back in tomorrow morning and I'm hoping that rumor of more stock on the way is true.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back