Status
Not open for further replies.

litepink

CAGiversary!
Feedback
37 (100%)
**DO NOT POST TRADES HERE** Please use the amiibo Master Trade Thread
amiibo.gif

GOOGLE DOC WITH PRODUCT INFO (SKUs, Target DCPIs, etc)
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1uOZKhVW1S25GDETsqinf0Qzl1trbKcw2wT2swfcTAfE/edit#gid=0
(via redddit)

Retailers

Amazon
amazon.com

Toys R Us
Toysrus.com

Best Buy - 20% off with Gamers Club Unlocked Membership
[background=#202229]bestbuy.com[/background]

Target | 5% off and Free Shipping with REDcard
Target.com       In-store inventory tracker: http://brickseek.com/

Gamestop - Use promo code SAVER at checkout for free shipping over $25
http://www.gamestop.com/browse?nav=16k-3-amiibo,28zu0

Walmart
walmart.com

Other retailers:
goHastings | goHastings.com
FYE | fye.com | Store Locator
Meijer | In-store only. Stores in MI, IL, IN, and OH | Store Locatorhttp://www.meijer.com/custserv/store_locator.jsp
Fred Meyer | In-store | Store Locator
Nintendo World Store (New York City) | In-store only

Currently Available:
Wave 1 [Released Nov 2014]
Mario
Link
Pikachu
Samus
Donkey Kong
Peach
Yoshi
Villager
Kirby
Fox McCloud
Marth
Wii Fit Instructor

Wave 2 [Released Dec 2014]
Diddy Kong
Zelda
Little Mac
Pit
Luigi
Captain Falcon

Wave 3 [Released Jan/Feb 2015]
Sheik
Toon Link
Bowser
Mega Man
Sonic
King Dedede
Ike
Lucario (TRU Exclusive at launch now available elsewhere)
Rosalina (Target Exclsuive for now)
Shulk (Gamestop Exclusive at launch, now available elsewhere)

Super Mario Series [Released March 2015]
Mario
Peach
Luigi
Bowser
Yoshi
Toad
Silver Mario
*Gold Mario | exclusive to Walmart LINK

Wave 4 Super Smash Bros. Series [May 29th, 2015]
PacMan
Charizard
Wario
Robin
Lucina
Ness (Gamestop exclusive fo now)
Greninja (Toys R Us exclusive at launch, now available elsewhere)
Jigglypuff (Target exclusive for now)

Splatoon Series [May 29th 2015]
Splatoon 3-Pack (Boy, Girl, Squid)
Splatoon Boy
Splatoon Girl

Wave 5 Super Smash Bros. Series [July/September 2015]
Dark Pit - Best Buy Exclusive for now
Palutena - Amazon Exclusive for now
Bowser Jr.
Gannondorf
Zero Suit Samus

Olimar
Dr. Mario

30th Anniversary Mario [September 2015]
Classic Color
Modern Color (in North America, only available in Walmart console bundle at launch).

Animal Crossing Happy Home Designer Cards [September 2015]
http://animal-crossing.com/amiibo-cards/

Chibo-Robo [October 2015]
(Figure exclusive to Chibi-Robo Zip-Lash bundle for 3DS)

Upcoming
Yoshi's Wooly World [Oct 16th, 2015]
Yoshi (Green, Pink, Blue, Giant Green)

Falco, Mewtwo [2015]
Shovel Night [2016]
---
amiibo Feature: amiibo Tap
[sharedmedia=gallery:images:25367]
[sharedmedia=gallery:images:25372]
Unlock 3-minute segments of classic Nintendo games with your amiibo and the amiibo Tap free download released April 30th, 2015.

Confirmed Games:
Nintendo Entertainment System
  • Super Mario Bros.
  • Super Mario Bros. 2
  • Super Mario Bros. 3
  • Super Mario Bros.: The Lost Levels
  • Kirby’s Adventure
  • The Legend of Zelda
  • Zelda II: The Adventure of Link
  • Metroid
  • Yoshi
  • Dr. Mario
  • Punchout!!
  • Mach Rider
  • Excitebike
  • Ice Climbers
  • Kid Icarus
  • Donkey Kong
  • Donkey Kong Jr.
  • Balloon Fight
  • Wrecking Crew
  • Pinball
  • Clu Clu Land
  • Wario’s Woods
Super Nintendo
  • Super Mario World
  • Super Mario Kart
  • F-Zero
  • Kirby’s Dreamland 3
  • Kirby’s Super Star
  • Kirby’s Dream Course
  • Super Metroid
  • The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past

Last edited by a moderator:
With everyone worrying about having their orders shipped I'm glad I just do store pick up. No fuss, no muss. I'll casually walk in on Friday, grab my Meta Knights and walk out. I don't get why people prefer the alternative.
How is that any different than having it shipped to your house? Its just one additional place you have to go. The order can still be cancelled and NOT shipped to the store.

With everyone worrying about having their orders shipped I'm glad I just do store pick up. No fuss, no muss. I'll casually walk in on Friday, grab my Meta Knights and walk out. I don't get why people prefer the alternative.
Well some people don't have a local Best Buy and horror stories I've heard since the super smash brothers bundle preorders for in store pick up being sold on the sale floor plus I'm elite so I get free shipping no matter what.

Well some people don't have a local Best Buy and horror stories I've heard since the super smash brothers bundle preorders for in store pick up being sold on the sale floor plus I'm elite so I get free shipping no matter what.
My Super Smash Brs. bundle was sold at my store before I got off work to pick it up. We even paid in full in the store for the preorder. I had to drive to the next Best Buy to get one which was 30-45 minuets away.

Shipping is free and goes straight to my doorstep with no hassle whatsoever.

As for in-store pickup: 1)the left hand doesn't know what the right hand is doing. you're counting on employees for service. we all know how that goes when you're there IN-PERSON. 2)the giant sticker on your box. 3)any sort of limited stuff is not going to be on-hand unless you got the order in before release date 4)items that are in-stock, you could just walk in and pick it off the shelf yourself, regardless.

These points are a bit exaggerated. But I certainly don't see a single benefit that in-store pickup has over ship-to-home.

All of you are waiting for your MK to ship and i'm just sitting here; waiting for an email from target to confirm my DDD.  WTF

I generally don't do store pickup because (a) not sure the employees will actually grab the product before hand and (b) I don't want them sticking some giant sticker on my amiibo that will likely leave residue or mess up the cardboard. But then again now I'm waiting for a shipping confirmation for my Monday Meta Knight...
Best Buy store pick up stickers are easy to peel off and leave no residue. I wish every store used the adhesive that BB uses. I get in-store stuff all the time and never had any issues removing the stickers.

I'm loving these Walmart deliveries. They are sending the figures in the original Nintendo shipping cases. That is just super cool to me for some reason.

I guess my local Best Buy is just better organized than the ones you guys have been to. I've never had a problem with a store pick-up; including my Smash bundle. The stickers always peel right off so they don't bother me. Also my stuff has always been in pristine condition. How many posts have we seen about people who have received damaged boxes? As an OCD collector this is absolutely unacceptable. Not worth the ship to home risk of it being damaged and/or lost.

My point was I have nothing to worry about and I keep seeing post after post about people panicking that their orders haven't shipped yet. I'm not worried about mine because I know it'll be there.

Ike, Dedede, and Meta Knight have all switched to Preparing Order from Best Buy for me. Mega Man is still at Payment Validated. 

My Meta Knight from a couple days ago shipped already.

yeah mine too. I just emailed them about it. Very upset about this. Best Buy is really disappointing me with these things.
Was it in an order by itself? Did they send you a cancellation email?

My order of Ike, DeDeDe, and Sheik (who I already picked up) still shows as good for pickup this Friday.

Dedede, Mega Man, Ike, and Sonic all show as online only on Gamestop now. Just a few hours ago I was able to check in store availablity...hmmm.

I don't trust Best Buy at all with Amiibo's. Not after they screwed me out of Pit last month. I rather go with GameStop, Toys R Us or Wal-Mart.

The last thread was FILLED with in-store pickup horror stories from Best Buy.

The ripped off sticker is where there was a barcode and an item code for the specific Amiibo. This case held 4 Toon Link figures.
That's pretty cool. I work for a company that manufactures boxes, usually you can flip a box over and it will have what we call a Cert Stamp on it. It usually states who made the box and what the test of the box is, test being how much weight that it can withstand without being crushed. There is a lot to a box that people don't really see, nor did I before I started working where I work now.

I guess my local Best Buy is just better organized than the ones you guys have been to. I've never had a problem with a store pick-up; including my Smash bundle. The stickers always peel right off so they don't bother me. Also my stuff has always been in pristine condition. How many posts have we seen about people who have received damaged boxes? As an OCD collector this is absolutely unacceptable. Not worth the ship to home risk of it being damaged and/or lost.

My point was I have nothing to worry about and I keep seeing post after post about people panicking that their orders haven't shipped yet. I'm not worried about mine because I know it'll be there.
store pickup is 10x worse than delivery. Just because you've never had a problem doesn't mean many others haven't. There's a much higher chance for things to go wrong with store pickup than delivery.

has anyone had an order of metaknight ship of more than 1 quantity? I ordered 2 and it hasn't been shipped, maybe they are only sending the orders with 1?

store pickup is 10x worse than delivery. Just because you've never had a problem doesn't mean many others haven't. There's a much higher chance for things to go wrong with store pickup than delivery.
I get what you guys are saying. I know there's always that remote chance that something could go awry but I could also be hit by a bus on my way home from work today too. I try not to worry about things that have such a low probability. I've had far more problems with stuff that has been shipped than picked up. Everyone's experience is different and mine is no less valid than yours. Like I said before, people worrying about whether or not their stuff is being shipped is not something I have to worry about. If concern for your item being shipped is a worry then in-store pickup resolves that doesn't it?

I have no insight. But my guess would be no.

At least it was that way for bowser, and toon link. It wouldn't even let me do an in store pickup.
Sweet. It would be fantastic it stores would alert us as to when they expect product to be available so we have a chance to get it. It you don't camp out at your computer you have no chance of getting these.

amiibo%20case.jpg

The ripped off sticker is where there was a barcode and an item code for the specific Amiibo. This case held 4 Toon Link figures.
amiibo%20case.jpg

I got one for Pit and Cap Falcon (stickers intact and everything)... I wonder if they're worth anything? :whistle2:k

The last thread was FILLED with in-store pickup horror stories from Best Buy.
Oh fuck... really? I might be SoL on MK and Dedede then.:whistle2:x

I'm going tomorrow after work to my bby to see what is going on for Friday. I predict a mess and they literally selling my preorder in front of me as I'm getting there Friday when the store opens.

All the chatter on the web about GS not honoring some POs until Spring/Summer is making me nervous.  Also making me realize that its SO easy to troll us amiibo fans -- feeling overly vulnerable to whimsical posts with these things is making me angry.

I don't trust Best Buy at all with Amiibo's. Not after they screwed me out of Pit last month. I rather go with GameStop, Toys R Us or Wal-Mart.
I think I the one get 1 pit from all the district. Right now all bestbuy employees (independence and lees summit of missouri) go insane and wild with amiibo figures and nintendo exclusive. They have no clue about amiibo or games but they wondering how much the flipping price on ebay and which one is rare. That's very sad!

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back