Status
Not open for further replies.

litepink

CAGiversary!
Feedback
37 (100%)
**DO NOT POST TRADES HERE** Please use the amiibo Master Trade Thread
amiibo.gif

GOOGLE DOC WITH PRODUCT INFO (SKUs, Target DCPIs, etc)
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1uOZKhVW1S25GDETsqinf0Qzl1trbKcw2wT2swfcTAfE/edit#gid=0
(via redddit)

Retailers

Amazon
amazon.com

Toys R Us
Toysrus.com

Best Buy - 20% off with Gamers Club Unlocked Membership
[background=#202229]bestbuy.com[/background]

Target | 5% off and Free Shipping with REDcard
Target.com       In-store inventory tracker: http://brickseek.com/

Gamestop - Use promo code SAVER at checkout for free shipping over $25
http://www.gamestop.com/browse?nav=16k-3-amiibo,28zu0

Walmart
walmart.com

Other retailers:
goHastings | goHastings.com
FYE | fye.com | Store Locator
Meijer | In-store only. Stores in MI, IL, IN, and OH | Store Locatorhttp://www.meijer.com/custserv/store_locator.jsp
Fred Meyer | In-store | Store Locator
Nintendo World Store (New York City) | In-store only

Currently Available:
Wave 1 [Released Nov 2014]
Mario
Link
Pikachu
Samus
Donkey Kong
Peach
Yoshi
Villager
Kirby
Fox McCloud
Marth
Wii Fit Instructor

Wave 2 [Released Dec 2014]
Diddy Kong
Zelda
Little Mac
Pit
Luigi
Captain Falcon

Wave 3 [Released Jan/Feb 2015]
Sheik
Toon Link
Bowser
Mega Man
Sonic
King Dedede
Ike
Lucario (TRU Exclusive at launch now available elsewhere)
Rosalina (Target Exclsuive for now)
Shulk (Gamestop Exclusive at launch, now available elsewhere)

Super Mario Series [Released March 2015]
Mario
Peach
Luigi
Bowser
Yoshi
Toad
Silver Mario
*Gold Mario | exclusive to Walmart LINK

Wave 4 Super Smash Bros. Series [May 29th, 2015]
PacMan
Charizard
Wario
Robin
Lucina
Ness (Gamestop exclusive fo now)
Greninja (Toys R Us exclusive at launch, now available elsewhere)
Jigglypuff (Target exclusive for now)

Splatoon Series [May 29th 2015]
Splatoon 3-Pack (Boy, Girl, Squid)
Splatoon Boy
Splatoon Girl

Wave 5 Super Smash Bros. Series [July/September 2015]
Dark Pit - Best Buy Exclusive for now
Palutena - Amazon Exclusive for now
Bowser Jr.
Gannondorf
Zero Suit Samus

Olimar
Dr. Mario

30th Anniversary Mario [September 2015]
Classic Color
Modern Color (in North America, only available in Walmart console bundle at launch).

Animal Crossing Happy Home Designer Cards [September 2015]
http://animal-crossing.com/amiibo-cards/

Chibo-Robo [October 2015]
(Figure exclusive to Chibi-Robo Zip-Lash bundle for 3DS)

Upcoming
Yoshi's Wooly World [Oct 16th, 2015]
Yoshi (Green, Pink, Blue, Giant Green)

Falco, Mewtwo [2015]
Shovel Night [2016]
---
amiibo Feature: amiibo Tap
[sharedmedia=gallery:images:25367]
[sharedmedia=gallery:images:25372]
Unlock 3-minute segments of classic Nintendo games with your amiibo and the amiibo Tap free download released April 30th, 2015.

Confirmed Games:
Nintendo Entertainment System
  • Super Mario Bros.
  • Super Mario Bros. 2
  • Super Mario Bros. 3
  • Super Mario Bros.: The Lost Levels
  • Kirby’s Adventure
  • The Legend of Zelda
  • Zelda II: The Adventure of Link
  • Metroid
  • Yoshi
  • Dr. Mario
  • Punchout!!
  • Mach Rider
  • Excitebike
  • Ice Climbers
  • Kid Icarus
  • Donkey Kong
  • Donkey Kong Jr.
  • Balloon Fight
  • Wrecking Crew
  • Pinball
  • Clu Clu Land
  • Wario’s Woods
Super Nintendo
  • Super Mario World
  • Super Mario Kart
  • F-Zero
  • Kirby’s Dreamland 3
  • Kirby’s Super Star
  • Kirby’s Dream Course
  • Super Metroid
  • The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past

Last edited by a moderator:
Don't know. As soon as I saw the link I clicked it and I have that 1 click buy thing set up. After I purchased it I got my total. Said figure was euro 8. When I look at it now it says euro 10. O_O
The UK doesn't use Euros. It's GBP. The 8.33 is from the value added tax (VAT) being removed. We don't live there so we don't have to pay it. You'll be seeing a charge of $21.19 then :)

Thanks Querjek for the heads up on Ike. Wasn't looking for Ike specifically but grabbed a Mega Man from Amazon UK just now. Beats trying to find one in the wild on Friday.

the progress bar from my metaknight is still gone... did anyone have no progress bar and have their order shipped? i've really never seen it like this before

the progress bar from my metaknight is still gone... did anyone have no progress bar and have their order shipped? i've really never seen it like this before
I placed a single order and an order of 3. My single order had a progress bar and has shipped. My order of 3 never had one. Also, the pending charge on my cc for it was immediately subtracted. That wasn't the case for my first order. Did you place an order for 3?

I placed a single order and an order of 3. My single order had a progress bar and has shipped. My order of 3 never had one. Also, the pending charge on my cc for it was immediately subtracted. That wasn't the case for my first order. Did you place an order for 3?
yea i ordered 3.. bad sign?

Wow! My MK "camp out" may be done.

In my city we have 2 BB. Today I noticed Kirby wii u game on shelves (releases Friday along with mk and King ddd, TRU excluded).
I figured it would be worth a shot to purchase it. It said item not available to be purchased.

They said people kept asking about "those toys" and that they done have any and aren't getting any. He said the other location got in 3 last week and some "dick" purchased all of them. He said it was a big deal and they weren't supposed to. He said try next week with the truck.

This is pretty crappy if out of 2 bb they would only get in 3 for a launch only for them to be sold early?!

If you can't sell games early idk how a manager could just allow an amiibo to be sold early.

I was at GameStop at lunch. Phone rings. "No we did not get King Dedede amiibos in yet." Employee to me: "I wouldn't tell him even if we did. I'll only tell people in the store."
^Exhibit A why Gamestop employees are trash.

I spent a small amount of time schmoozing four different stores in my city around the time Shulk came out. All the employees and managers are super nice and friendly to your face. They all had a handful of unclaimed pre-orders that were never picked up. I left name and phone number at a couple of the stores, know the manager really well at one of them. Then Friday and Saturday morning rolls around and every store in the entire region claims to not have a single unclaimed pre-order. Bullshit.

Gamestop employees don't care about the customers at all. They only care about themselves and the ghetto family that comes in to buy a used Xbox 360 at nearly full price and how many accessories and serivce plans they can attach to the sale. All they do is push the company agenda and they sit there wondering why they have zero customer loyalty.

My Meta Knight just shipped from Best Buy but my megaman is in limbo.

And I think my gamestop screwed me on my sheik preorder. *sigh* they claim they 'haven't gotten her in yet' when...everyone else in the area has.

Gamestop employees don't care about the customers at all. They only care about that ghetto family that comes in to buy a used Xbox 360 at nearly full price and how many accessories and serivce plans they can attach to the sale and that small care is only momentary. All they do is push the company agenda and they sit there wondering why they have zero customer loyalty.
Remember a time long ago their job almost depended on selling you that cleaning kit at the end?

I spent a small amount of time schmoozing four different stores in my city around the time Shulk came out. All the employees and managers are super nice and friendly to your face. They all had a handful of unclaimed pre-orders that were never picked up. I left name and phone number at a couple of the stores, know the manager really well at one of them. Then Friday and Saturday morning rolls around and every store in the entire region claims to not have a single unclaimed pre-order. Bullshit.

Gamestop employees don't care about the customers at all. They only care about that ghetto family that comes in to buy a used Xbox 360 at nearly full price and how many accessories and serivce plans they can attach to the sale and that small care is only momentary. All they do is push the company agenda and they sit there wondering why they have zero customer loyalty.
I don't think it's fair to say an entire franchise is trash due to one experience. Imagine how many people come in or call about the amiibos. Maybe they already had a massive list of people that wanted to get on the unofficial waiting list if someone didn't pick up their Shulk.

I have been to well over 10 different gamestops and I have only had 1 bad experience. And of course they push the corporate agenda, that is why Gamestop employs them. Gamestop has handled their exclusives x1000 better than any of the other stores.

Weekend-Wednesday afternoon roundup:

Preordered meta knight figures are now shipping alongside 3b figures from best buy, check your email

Dedede popped up last night for 20 min on target w a greyed out but working button.

Gold Mario is likely going to be a Wal-Mart exclusive between 3/20-easter

Ike, sonic and mega man popped up briefly on target site over weekend.

Since target is not planning in store sales of 3b I expect this to continue while most of us are sleeping.

Meta knight popped up for 5 min on Sunday (iirc)

3b will be in store this Friday at best buy and possibly TRU.

Lucario was lightly restocked at TRU earlier this week.

I'm sure I missed something but I'm getting old and can't remember stuff so well.

Stay thirsty my friends.
Thanks for these updates, makes this much easier for me since I don't have time to check the net all day.

Kinda glad to see Dedede didn't officially go live (red button) because that's how Ike was, I was able to get him later... albeit by sheer luck of checking as he went live.

Gamestop employees don't care about the customers at all. They only care about themselves and the ghetto family that comes in to buy a used Xbox 360 at nearly full price and how many accessories and serivce plans they can attach to the sale. All they do is push the company agenda and they sit there wondering why they have zero customer loyalty.
Didn't you say you placed orders for 42 meta knights the other day? Do you expect any kind of sympathy?

Remember a time long ago their job almost depended on selling you that cleaning kit at the end?
Your job did depend on that. I worked at gamestop over one christmas and watched a full-time guy get fired for never selling them. (I never bothered but seasonal help was pretty much exempt from the rules as long as we showed up and looked busy.)

So lets see you went around trying to basically collect all the pre-orders, get pissed off that they either got collected or sold to someone who came earlier and are now sprouting racist shit? Are you the new rcerboss?

I don't think it's fair to say an entire franchise is trash due to one experience. Imagine how many people come in or call about the amiibos. Maybe they already had a massive list of people that wanted to get on the unofficial waiting list if someone didn't pick up their Shulk.

I have been to well over 10 different gamestops and I have only had 1 bad experience. And of course they push the corporate agenda, that is why Gamestop employs them. Gamestop has handled their exclusives x1000 better than any of the other stores.
It's not one experience dude rofl. I have been collecting video games since NES days and back when Gamestops were Funcoland and there were two of them in the entire state. I want to punch the unshowered 22 yr old worker kid in the head when I walk into the store and ask a perfectly reasonable question and he lies to my face. Which happens maybe every other visit. Last friday I had this asshole tell me 'well you should have pre-ordered that Zelda MM LE console if you wanted it. people keep asking me about it today (release day) they should have pre-ordered". It was on the website for minutes, of course people are wondering if stores received any extra allocation.

So lets see you went around trying to basically collect all the pre-orders, get pissed off that they either got collected or sold to someone who came earlier and are now sprouting racist shit? Are you the new rcerboss?
No, I was trying to track down just one. and there is nothing racist there, thought you were better than this. Anyhow, back you go.

I wish this thread was full of people that were helpful and nice. I have ran into a few people on here that are rather amazing individuals and want to help people out and that is what keeps me coming back, but man some people here are just monsters.

I've been to crap gamestops but luckily where I am are two relatively near to each other and the employees there know my husband and I well and do their best to help us out. I'm sorry you've had such a craptacular experience with them but yeah, I've been buying from them since back in nes days too and not all of them are bad or unshowered or assholes. Just sayin.

Glad that I canceled my orders over at Newegg and resulted to picking everything up in person at stores.
Called again and found out that the shipments were delayed said that the first one is coming tomorrow and that they will have one figure from my order tomorrow and then the other three on Friday. She said my order should be fulfilled by the end of the week. So newegg may actually work out.

They don't charge your card till the order ships so worst case scenario I end up with a couple extra rare Amiibo.... "oh darn."

I am getting a meta knight. I just called my local best buy and the associate who put it on hold for me said it is still waiting with my name on it. when mk was showing as available to pick up in stores a few days back, I went over on my lunch break. she had it labeled with my name. as we all know the system would not allow a sale before 2/20. although when I went in, it was earlier and the memo about the 2.20 date had not come out yet. she tried everything to sell it to me.

anyhow I just wanted to say there are lots of good people still working in retail. if she was unable to hold it I would still be grateful she took the time out and made the effort. so this clears all of the exclusives.

now I am on the hunt for sonic and mega man.

I am getting a meta knight. I just called my local best buy and the associate who put it on hold for me said it is still waiting with my name on it. when mk was showing as available to pick up in stores a few days back, I went over on my lunch break. she had it labeled with my name. as we all know the system would not allow a sale before 2/20. although when I went in, it was earlier and the memo about the 2/20 date had not come out yet. she tried everything to sell it to me.
A very nice sales associate did the same thing for me last Friday when someone put out a few Meta Knights, mistakenly, right after they opened (I only grabbed one, by the way :p). He said they'd call when I could come pick it up. Assuming everything works out tomorrow, I will be highly impressed with the level of customer service!

I'm really sad at how terrible this thread has been at catching Wave 4 preorders. Gamestop.co.uk had them, but they're already sold out of Ness, Lucina, and Robin (of course they are).

I've been to crap gamestops but luckily where I am are two relatively near to each other and the employees there know my husband and I well and do their best to help us out. I'm sorry you've had such a craptacular experience with them but yeah, I've been buying from them since back in nes days too and not all of them are bad or unshowered or assholes. Just sayin.
Well, I guess it depends on where you live then. I have probably a dozen Gamestops within a 20min. drive of me and there's only one that I know has a solid crew. For these amiibos, TRU and Targets have been light years ahead of them with helpfulness and customer service. Glad that you have a store that treats you well.

I'm really sad at how terrible this thread has been at catching Wave 4 preorders. Gamestop.co.uk had them, but they're already sold out of Ness, Lucina, and Robin (of course they are).
So now international preorders are selling out quickly? God, I can only imagine how fast US preorders will sell out now.

Oh man, I only have one Amiibo, the Toon Link because he was available and at retail price. So I grabbed it because he's awesome and I started hearing on CAGcast from Ship that these things were getting rare and ridiculous. I wanted at least one lol!

Can anyone help me decide if I should get into these, or will it be more stress and time-consuming than it's worth? I can totally be happy with my one, but after tax refunds it would be cool to have several of these, especially if I can get ready to grab a rare one on release.

Oh man, I only have one Amiibo, the Toon Link because he was available and at retail price. So I grabbed it because he's awesome and I started hearing on CAGcast from Ship that these things were getting rare and ridiculous. I wanted at least one lol!

Can anyone help me decide if I should get into these, or will it be more stress and time-consuming than it's worth? I can totally be happy with my one, but after tax refunds it would be cool to have several of these, especially if I can get ready to grab a rare one on release.
If money is not an object to you then you will be fine, other than that it will be hard as shit to get anything rare starting this late in the game.

So now international preorders are selling out quickly? God, I can only imagine how fast US preorders will sell out now.
they sold out fast the first day cause it was posted on reddit and majority of the orders were from US customers importing not wanting to wait for a U.S. retailer to post them which is why these are hard to order cause people will order multiples of the same from each retailer

The updates might be old by this point then. I see there's some new ones being introduced soon, any tips or sites I should camp to try and snag any exclusives or hard-to-get ones? Hard to tell which will be popular so I'll try to know which I want.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back