Status
Not open for further replies.

litepink

CAGiversary!
Feedback
37 (100%)
**DO NOT POST TRADES HERE** Please use the amiibo Master Trade Thread
amiibo.gif

GOOGLE DOC WITH PRODUCT INFO (SKUs, Target DCPIs, etc)
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1uOZKhVW1S25GDETsqinf0Qzl1trbKcw2wT2swfcTAfE/edit#gid=0
(via redddit)

Retailers

Amazon
amazon.com

Toys R Us
Toysrus.com

Best Buy - 20% off with Gamers Club Unlocked Membership
[background=#202229]bestbuy.com[/background]

Target | 5% off and Free Shipping with REDcard
Target.com       In-store inventory tracker: http://brickseek.com/

Gamestop - Use promo code SAVER at checkout for free shipping over $25
http://www.gamestop.com/browse?nav=16k-3-amiibo,28zu0

Walmart
walmart.com

Other retailers:
goHastings | goHastings.com
FYE | fye.com | Store Locator
Meijer | In-store only. Stores in MI, IL, IN, and OH | Store Locatorhttp://www.meijer.com/custserv/store_locator.jsp
Fred Meyer | In-store | Store Locator
Nintendo World Store (New York City) | In-store only

Currently Available:
Wave 1 [Released Nov 2014]
Mario
Link
Pikachu
Samus
Donkey Kong
Peach
Yoshi
Villager
Kirby
Fox McCloud
Marth
Wii Fit Instructor

Wave 2 [Released Dec 2014]
Diddy Kong
Zelda
Little Mac
Pit
Luigi
Captain Falcon

Wave 3 [Released Jan/Feb 2015]
Sheik
Toon Link
Bowser
Mega Man
Sonic
King Dedede
Ike
Lucario (TRU Exclusive at launch now available elsewhere)
Rosalina (Target Exclsuive for now)
Shulk (Gamestop Exclusive at launch, now available elsewhere)

Super Mario Series [Released March 2015]
Mario
Peach
Luigi
Bowser
Yoshi
Toad
Silver Mario
*Gold Mario | exclusive to Walmart LINK

Wave 4 Super Smash Bros. Series [May 29th, 2015]
PacMan
Charizard
Wario
Robin
Lucina
Ness (Gamestop exclusive fo now)
Greninja (Toys R Us exclusive at launch, now available elsewhere)
Jigglypuff (Target exclusive for now)

Splatoon Series [May 29th 2015]
Splatoon 3-Pack (Boy, Girl, Squid)
Splatoon Boy
Splatoon Girl

Wave 5 Super Smash Bros. Series [July/September 2015]
Dark Pit - Best Buy Exclusive for now
Palutena - Amazon Exclusive for now
Bowser Jr.
Gannondorf
Zero Suit Samus

Olimar
Dr. Mario

30th Anniversary Mario [September 2015]
Classic Color
Modern Color (in North America, only available in Walmart console bundle at launch).

Animal Crossing Happy Home Designer Cards [September 2015]
http://animal-crossing.com/amiibo-cards/

Chibo-Robo [October 2015]
(Figure exclusive to Chibi-Robo Zip-Lash bundle for 3DS)

Upcoming
Yoshi's Wooly World [Oct 16th, 2015]
Yoshi (Green, Pink, Blue, Giant Green)

Falco, Mewtwo [2015]
Shovel Night [2016]
---
amiibo Feature: amiibo Tap
[sharedmedia=gallery:images:25367]
[sharedmedia=gallery:images:25372]
Unlock 3-minute segments of classic Nintendo games with your amiibo and the amiibo Tap free download released April 30th, 2015.

Confirmed Games:
Nintendo Entertainment System
  • Super Mario Bros.
  • Super Mario Bros. 2
  • Super Mario Bros. 3
  • Super Mario Bros.: The Lost Levels
  • Kirby’s Adventure
  • The Legend of Zelda
  • Zelda II: The Adventure of Link
  • Metroid
  • Yoshi
  • Dr. Mario
  • Punchout!!
  • Mach Rider
  • Excitebike
  • Ice Climbers
  • Kid Icarus
  • Donkey Kong
  • Donkey Kong Jr.
  • Balloon Fight
  • Wrecking Crew
  • Pinball
  • Clu Clu Land
  • Wario’s Woods
Super Nintendo
  • Super Mario World
  • Super Mario Kart
  • F-Zero
  • Kirby’s Dreamland 3
  • Kirby’s Super Star
  • Kirby’s Dream Course
  • Super Metroid
  • The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past

Last edited by a moderator:
I just got my Sonics from Wal Mart and they came in the original box that Nintendo sent them in. Nice touch. Size said 10x8x6 for those two figures. No packing material inside but that were in mint shape. Also ordered tow Dedede's but the box size for that says 6x6x6.

On a Meta KNight note I wasnt even able to get out this morning. At around 8:00PM I started feeling nauseous, then for the next 4 hours I was puking and crapping every 30 minutes (yes, at the same time! that sucked). Finally was able to lay down at around 3am, puked/crapped at 4:30 then fell asleep til 7:30am. Awful awful night. I didnt even wanna TRY going out like I planned.
HzFmP3G.gif

I don't want to sound insulting to the people that wait in line for these to open, but what do you all do for a living? Do you just take super early lunches? Come in to work late? Take a half day? Take the day off?
Well, it's a moot point this morning because I didn't stick around long enough because the stores I went to were understock, but basically my workday starts at 9, which is the same time Best Buy opens. It's a 10-minute drive from BB to my workplace so assuming it takes me five minutes to check out, I should be able to get to work at 9:15.

So I just tell my boss I have to run a quick errand before getting into work.

According to my FedEx tracking order, it states 8x6x5 inches.
and 1 amiibo fit perfectly? 1 amiibo box from bestbuy seems a bit big and could possible fit 2 if bent. I think the same box size was used for a 2 and 3 amiibo package of mine. I'll measure the boxes from bestbuy later.

So far I'm way on top with Amiibos. I originally planned on one to keep in the box and one to open of the ones I liked and got in on the Best Buy buy 2 get 1 free for all of wave 1, 2, and 3. I eventually decided to open up all of them and sold off my 2 extra villagers and Marth, making back everything that I had even spent on Amiibos. Now I'll probably have to pay retail going on, but oh well...as it stands I've got all my Amiibos for free.
did the same for wave 2 and 3. I don't recall the rare 3 of wave1 being up then though as I definately would have ordered all of wave 1 then. Somewhat good I held off on 1 as some amiibo dropped in price, but I did end up getting Fox for retail... BB GCU retail though :)

I just got my Sonics from Wal Mart and they came in the original box that Nintendo sent them in. Nice touch. Size said 10x8x6 for those two figures. No packing material inside but that were in mint shape. Also ordered tow Dedede's but the box size for that says 6x6x6.
So the original manufacture box had the shipping label on it or was in another box?

I don't want to sound insulting to the people that wait in line for these to open, but what do you all do for a living? Do you just take super early lunches? Come in to work late? Take a half day? Take the day off?
I work a professional job where I do good work, have proven myself, and am trusted enough to be able to step out of the office for as long as I want or need. If I need to get something finished ill just come in later in the day or in the weekend to finish my work up. My partner and my boss trust me enough to let me do my thing.

I couldn't work at a place where people are constantly worried about what time you come in and what time you leave. If you get your work done, I don't give a damn if you're late everyday or leave early. You're an adult.

Most stores open around 8-9. The average workday starts after 9 if you're on an hourly job and if salaried and you're a good worker, most people will not care if you leave for 15 minutes as long as nothing urgent happens. I do wonder how many college kids are in this thread though. The NW line was basically college kids and old people

Coincedentally thats EXACTLY was I was thinking as I was puking into the bathroom garbage can. Hadnt been than sick since I got horrible food poisening back in '08. Was worried If I went out I be vomiting on the sidewalk. Guess that could have worked in my favor though........

Best buy came through on Somic, Mega Man, King Dedede and Ike. This at least makes up for GameStop selling my Shulk and not holding my preorder.

Here was my haul today:
amiibostickers.png

:p 

So since I have a Meta Knight coming thanks to being crazy lucky on Monday, I camped out Toys R Us hoping they would get Ike in.  They got.... nothing.  No amiibos at all.  :(   Well that was a waste of time....

Then for the hell of it I decided to drive over to Nebraska Furniture Mart (which was actually showing Mega Man and Sonic in stock on their website this morning).  No luck there either, but I did see a guy holding a Captain Falcon which would have SUPER bummed me out if I didn't already have him.  I talked with the guy there and he suggested I check back later today since they were supposed to get some kind of shipment in but he doesn't know what's in it.  So I'm gonna do that I guess.

Then also for the hell of it, I drove over to Best Buy since it was pretty close.  Of course, they had nothing (this was like 10:30 at this point so yeah), but there was actually a Nintendo rep there so I talked with her a little bit (and she gave me those stickers :p).  So apparently, for sure, Ike will be reprinted in the Spring along with Marth.  Which is why all the GameStop orders that got delayed said Spring.  She also strongly suspected they would reprint Villager, but she wasn't positive on that.   

So yeah, still need to find an Ike.  Have a feeling it's gonna be a pain in the ass.

On a Meta KNight note I wasnt even able to get out this morning. At around 8:00PM I started feeling nauseous, then for the next 4 hours I was puking and crapping every 30 minutes (yes, at the same time! that sucked). Finally was able to lay down at around 3am, puked/crapped at 4:30 then fell asleep til 7:30am. Awful awful night. I didnt even wanna TRY going out like I planned.
if you was puking that much should of used that to your advantage and went. And if the line was super long you could of puked there and used the smell and mess to clear the people in front out and moved on up in the line at a fast pace

My store had 7 initally with 9 people in line. After we all get in, the genius Best Buy employee realizes that they never separated the pre-orders (2). So 7 turned into 5. I was one of the 5. I was first actually. Other 4 got theirs. Last 5 were salty as hell. Person 6 who showed up 5 mins before the store opened was pissed he didn't get one. Dude should have probably been there an hour and a half early like I was to guarantee his Meta Knight. fucking rookie.
rookies wait in line to begin with. Preorder master race. Fall back noob.

I've received no shipping or cancellation notices for Mega Man or Dedede from Walmart.com. Should I be worried?

Was about to post the Amazon.co.uk Wii Fit Trainer. It didn't say it was backordered when I bit a few minutes ago, so we'll see.

Why do people still do in store pickup? The only benefit is that it might not be damaged and only have a huge ass sticker on it.
I only do it when I have to. I had to with my walmart sonics, but they were brought up in their sealed shipping box and were in perfect shape.

Why do people still do in store pickup? The only benefit is that it might not be damaged and only have a huge ass sticker on it.
That and the ability to just casually walk in and pick up your order without having to fight the crowds. Also no waiting for (or in some cases paying for) shipping. Also the comfort of knowing when your order is available for pickup that it's ready. Also no worrying about 'will it ship' because it's there.

Seems like there are plenty of benefits to doing in-store pickup. I don't know why people hate on it so much. Do people not get their stuff sometimes? Sure, mistakes happen. I'm not worried about my 3b order. Best Buy said it was ready yesterday and I don't doubt that it was. I'll just walk in and pick up my order tonight after work. No fuss, no muss.

That and the ability to just casually walk in and pick up your order without having to fight the crowds. Also no waiting for (or in some cases paying for) shipping. Also the comfort of knowing when your order is available for pickup that it's ready. Also no worrying about 'will it ship' because it's there.

Seems like there are plenty of benefits to doing in-store pickup. I don't know why people hate on it so much. Do people not get their stuff sometimes? Sure, mistakes happen. I'm not worried about my 3b order. Best Buy said it was ready yesterday and I don't doubt that it was. I'll just walk in and pick up my order tonight after work. No fuss, no muss.
But you have those benefits with shipping as well and in the case with BB, along with no added risk of having your pre-order sold by an employee or "lost" and not having your order pulled by a sudden change in policy like with GS. Not hating, just seems like the risk of losing an order in store pickup is very real

I guess you must have missed the twenty or so posts with examples of people getting screwed on their in-store pickups since we discussed this the other day.

Sounds like the store I was at. Are you in NC?
Then best was last week at BB when this one guy heard me asking the employee if any new Amiibos were in the back. The guy then asks if these are "new", employee says Bowser is the only newish one they have, then the guy (who seems to have never seen an Amiibo before), starts grabbing with his arms full of the likes of Peach, Pikachu, DK etc. like they're pure gold.

My in store Best Buy orders have all been great.  There was a scare with Diddy Kong, but they had him in back.  So far I've picked them all up just fine.  Beats paying shipping.

Well, I ended up deciding to wait around in my car for 20 minutes or so and then got out when I saw an employee go to the door so I could ask her something.  As soon as I did a few other guys jumped out too.  It was pretty cold, but we waited around as the manager had told them they'd be handing out tickets -- an hour and a half later we got these:

MetaKnight-BB.jpg

Met a couple nice people and now just need GS to come through with my Ike and Sonic this week/next week and I'll be 28/29 (darn you Villager!!)

Also, a HUGE thanks to my fellow CAG who reached out to me and was willing to help with MK since my wife and I may have been having our daughter this week -- You're a gem and thanks for proving that not all CAGs are heartless penny-pinching misers haha.  :D

It's only an issue if your Best Buy does not know how to handle pre-orders.
It's only an issue if you live in an apartment buliding. In-store pickup has no benefit over ship to home. Yeah, you get your stuff a day or two early but if they had it in-stock you could have also walked in and bought it off the shelf.

It's not even a discussion.

I would do in store pick up, but best buy lost my villager that way. Thankfully, they ordered one for me online and shipped it out to me. Since then, I've ordered all my amiibos for ship to home.

Best buy can be slow with their shipping and updates, but they've been the most reliable for me so far with their packaging and actually coming through

Or TRU with lucarios. So that's 2/2 on the places that allow for store pickup on amiibos?
I still call everyday to remind them they sold my lucario and I still want it. I know i'm kicking a dead horse, but I think of it as the horse told me to do this before it died, because it did. they told me to call everyday because they would not call me and it was up to me to see if they get more

Anyone else not able to use GCU on MK? Two different mployees straight up said NOPE doesn't work on "accessories"
Am I mistaken or did something just change?

Anyone else not able to use GCU on MK? Two different mployees straight up said NOPE doesn't work on "accessories"
Am I mistaken or did something just change?
They're mistaken. They're probably confused because Amiibos are the only accessories that work with GCU, even though skylanders and Disney Infinity actually have more to do with the game

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back