Status
Not open for further replies.

litepink

CAGiversary!
Feedback
37 (100%)
**DO NOT POST TRADES HERE** Please use the amiibo Master Trade Thread
amiibo.gif

GOOGLE DOC WITH PRODUCT INFO (SKUs, Target DCPIs, etc)
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1uOZKhVW1S25GDETsqinf0Qzl1trbKcw2wT2swfcTAfE/edit#gid=0
(via redddit)

Retailers

Amazon
amazon.com

Toys R Us
Toysrus.com

Best Buy - 20% off with Gamers Club Unlocked Membership
[background=#202229]bestbuy.com[/background]

Target | 5% off and Free Shipping with REDcard
Target.com       In-store inventory tracker: http://brickseek.com/

Gamestop - Use promo code SAVER at checkout for free shipping over $25
http://www.gamestop.com/browse?nav=16k-3-amiibo,28zu0

Walmart
walmart.com

Other retailers:
goHastings | goHastings.com
FYE | fye.com | Store Locator
Meijer | In-store only. Stores in MI, IL, IN, and OH | Store Locatorhttp://www.meijer.com/custserv/store_locator.jsp
Fred Meyer | In-store | Store Locator
Nintendo World Store (New York City) | In-store only

Currently Available:
Wave 1 [Released Nov 2014]
Mario
Link
Pikachu
Samus
Donkey Kong
Peach
Yoshi
Villager
Kirby
Fox McCloud
Marth
Wii Fit Instructor

Wave 2 [Released Dec 2014]
Diddy Kong
Zelda
Little Mac
Pit
Luigi
Captain Falcon

Wave 3 [Released Jan/Feb 2015]
Sheik
Toon Link
Bowser
Mega Man
Sonic
King Dedede
Ike
Lucario (TRU Exclusive at launch now available elsewhere)
Rosalina (Target Exclsuive for now)
Shulk (Gamestop Exclusive at launch, now available elsewhere)

Super Mario Series [Released March 2015]
Mario
Peach
Luigi
Bowser
Yoshi
Toad
Silver Mario
*Gold Mario | exclusive to Walmart LINK

Wave 4 Super Smash Bros. Series [May 29th, 2015]
PacMan
Charizard
Wario
Robin
Lucina
Ness (Gamestop exclusive fo now)
Greninja (Toys R Us exclusive at launch, now available elsewhere)
Jigglypuff (Target exclusive for now)

Splatoon Series [May 29th 2015]
Splatoon 3-Pack (Boy, Girl, Squid)
Splatoon Boy
Splatoon Girl

Wave 5 Super Smash Bros. Series [July/September 2015]
Dark Pit - Best Buy Exclusive for now
Palutena - Amazon Exclusive for now
Bowser Jr.
Gannondorf
Zero Suit Samus

Olimar
Dr. Mario

30th Anniversary Mario [September 2015]
Classic Color
Modern Color (in North America, only available in Walmart console bundle at launch).

Animal Crossing Happy Home Designer Cards [September 2015]
http://animal-crossing.com/amiibo-cards/

Chibo-Robo [October 2015]
(Figure exclusive to Chibi-Robo Zip-Lash bundle for 3DS)

Upcoming
Yoshi's Wooly World [Oct 16th, 2015]
Yoshi (Green, Pink, Blue, Giant Green)

Falco, Mewtwo [2015]
Shovel Night [2016]
---
amiibo Feature: amiibo Tap
[sharedmedia=gallery:images:25367]
[sharedmedia=gallery:images:25372]
Unlock 3-minute segments of classic Nintendo games with your amiibo and the amiibo Tap free download released April 30th, 2015.

Confirmed Games:
Nintendo Entertainment System
  • Super Mario Bros.
  • Super Mario Bros. 2
  • Super Mario Bros. 3
  • Super Mario Bros.: The Lost Levels
  • Kirby’s Adventure
  • The Legend of Zelda
  • Zelda II: The Adventure of Link
  • Metroid
  • Yoshi
  • Dr. Mario
  • Punchout!!
  • Mach Rider
  • Excitebike
  • Ice Climbers
  • Kid Icarus
  • Donkey Kong
  • Donkey Kong Jr.
  • Balloon Fight
  • Wrecking Crew
  • Pinball
  • Clu Clu Land
  • Wario’s Woods
Super Nintendo
  • Super Mario World
  • Super Mario Kart
  • F-Zero
  • Kirby’s Dreamland 3
  • Kirby’s Super Star
  • Kirby’s Dream Course
  • Super Metroid
  • The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past

Last edited by a moderator:
I just got my King Dedede in the mail from BBY. Box came in great condition, but the figure has some weird shit on his eye. It looks like dried up glue or something. Hoping it can be removed easily.

My friend also helped me out by picking up Ike, Megaman, and Meta Knight from BBY this morning. The store almost didn't open at all because there apparently was a fire in the building. But after a small delay they opened and she got the figures for me no problem.

With all this talk about neck beards just remember,

“for it is they who point a finger, not realize, they have triple that amount of fingers pointing right back at ‘em"

I had issues with GCU applying to games once, the cashier had to find some kind of other SKU or code and apply it on the transaction.  I had a little slip of paper for a few months with that number on it but never needed it again.

Stupid UPS said they can't deliver my package because my apartment doesn't exist when I have already had two packages delivered this week. Contacted them and they said Best Buy had it set that if it can't be delivered then it would return to them. Am I screwed out of my Meta Knight and King Dedede? Does anyone know if Best Buy will try sending it out again after it is returned? These are the only two I wanted along with my current Kirby to just complete that franchise.

I've had issues with ship-to-home where packages would get lost, damaged products, or paying for shipping. The Best Buy I go to knows how to handle their preorders. So really, whether its ship-to-home or in-store pickup, your experience will vary.

And GCU will apply to Amiibos as I've used it on that and Disney Infinity figures in the past. Even if it didn't, since it's a video game accessory, double points should apply on it. The employees who told you doesn't know what they're talking about.

With all this talk about neck beards just remember,

“for it is they who point a finger, not realize, they have triple that amount of fingers pointing right back at ‘em"
Huh? A neck beard is like one rung up from a dudebro on the social ladder of acceptance if I'm not mistaken.

Stupid UPS said they can't deliver my package because my apartment doesn't exist when I have already had two packages delivered this week. Contacted them and they said Best Buy had it set that if it can't be delivered then it would return to them. Am I screwed out of my Meta Knight and King Dedede? Does anyone know if Best Buy will try sending it out again after it is returned? These are the only two I wanted along with my current Kirby to just complete that franchise.
Do you have a MyUPS account? If it is an error in the address, you may be able to get UPS modify the address. My coworker had to have a package updated the other day because Newegg left off the suite number for our office.

If UPS has it in their possession, you should be able to have them hold it at one of their centers for pickup. If the rep you are dealing with is not helpful, ask to have it escalated.

The line outside of best buy smelled of ham and cheese hot pockets and the thick stench of mayonnaise and Vaseline, and the neck beards flowed freely in the cool morning breeze. But lest we not forget the beards that did not receive the fabled amiibo for their stench was rivaled by their anger for hath not receiving what they awoke from mothers basement for. Eight, Eight amiibos out the door. Forever more.

Where did you go, corona? I'm in menifee, 9 out of 11.
Haha yeah I was at the Corona one. I got there around 8:20ish and was 6th in line. That one had 10 extra ones so pretty much all of us that were there for an hour plus got one. One of my co-workers was at the one in Orange by the Block and he said he was 5th in line, but they only had 4.

Much appreciated guys! Thanks for the confidence!
Sure enough, went back they adjusted it, AND had a Mega Man behind the counter that was "supposed to be out a couple weeks ago!!"
So today was super successful at best buy.

If UPS has it in their possession, you should be able to have them hold it at one of their centers for pickup. If the rep you are dealing with is not helpful, ask to have it escalated.
In my chat with UPS they quoted me the address and it was correct. I asked if I could pick it up and the rep said that Best Buy had a note on it of not allowing it to be picked up only sent back if undeliverable. You think that is a little BS of not wanting help? Should I go to the UPS center and try to pick it up?

Here was my haul today:
amiibostickers.png

:p

So since I have a Meta Knight coming thanks to being crazy lucky on Monday, I camped out Toys R Us hoping they would get Ike in. They got.... nothing. No amiibos at all. :( Well that was a waste of time....

Then for the hell of it I decided to drive over to Nebraska Furniture Mart (which was actually showing Mega Man and Sonic in stock on their website this morning). No luck there either, but I did see a guy holding a Captain Falcon which would have SUPER bummed me out if I didn't already have him. I talked with the guy there and he suggested I check back later today since they were supposed to get some kind of shipment in but he doesn't know what's in it. So I'm gonna do that I guess.

Then also for the hell of it, I drove over to Best Buy since it was pretty close. Of course, they had nothing (this was like 10:30 at this point so yeah), but there was actually a Nintendo rep there so I talked with her a little bit (and she gave me those stickers :p). So apparently, for sure, Ike will be reprinted in the Spring along with Marth. Which is why all the GameStop orders that got delayed said Spring. She also strongly suspected they would reprint Villager, but she wasn't positive on that.

So yeah, still need to find an Ike. Have a feeling it's gonna be a pain in the ass.
I got a set of those stickers and a couple smash bros stickers from a Nintendk rep at a TRU way back when I was looking for the in store pre order cards for Lucario.

Which NFM did you go to? The one in Omaha or KC? I wasn't aware you could check their inventory online...

In my chat with UPS they quoted me the address and it was correct. I asked if I could pick it up and the rep said that Best Buy had a note on it of not allowing it to be picked up only sent back if undeliverable. You think that is a little BS of not wanting help? Should I go to the UPS center and try to pick it up?
I'd check to make sure your apartment still exists first. You never know

I got a set of those stickers and a couple smash bros stickers from a Nintendk rep at a TRU way back when I was looking for the in store pre order cards for Lucario.

Which NFM did you go to? The one in Omaha or KC? I wasn't aware you could check their inventory online...
Omaha.

I don't know if the inventory is 100% the same as what's in store, but I was able to get Mega Man from their website a few weeks back for store pickup.

UPS will try 3 times to deliver. Since it has been declined once, just call and have it held at the depot. Then go and pick it up once the truck returns. Might take a day.

Yiikes, dude. Good luck.
that guy might be trolling. check his other posts about going to ebay. if not why post on CAG?

call up Best Buy so they can do something about that "note"

I'm paying for my comment. I am about half way through shaving and my sink clogged. The razor is yanking my hair out because it it too thick to be shaven. Five blades are not enough to free my neck of this wool scarf woven from disdain.

Just got an email from target.com that my King Dedede order shipped!

that guy might be trolling. check his other posts about going to ebay. if not why post on CAG?

So he's lying about his child being sick? What kind of community are we involved with here?

call up Best Buy so they can do something about that "note"

Warlock82, on 20 Feb 2015 - 1:11 PM, said:Warlock82, on 20 Feb 2015 - 1:11 PM, said:
Omaha.

I don't know if the inventory is 100% the same as what's in store, but I was able to get Mega Man from their website a few weeks back for store pickup.
For those in Omaha, I just checked and it seems you can order King Dedede from NFM in Omaha. Unfortunately, it seems that the KC one doesn't have any of Wave 3.

I'm debating if I should check out TRU on my lunch break in hopes of a midday restock. I figure by the time I get there around 5:30 product will probably be gone for the day.

Anyone who preorded at game stop for in store pickup. Call them today. Just picked up all my wave 3b preorders there just now. The circle is now complete! For now...

So when did Wave 4 go up on Amiami? I'm checking around import sites to try and get an extra meta for my co-worker and I just noticed that those preorders were closed already.

So when did Wave 4 go up on Amiami? I'm checking around import sites to try and get an extra meta for my co-worker and I just noticed that those preorders were closed already.
I think someone posted the link sometime around 2-4am. I could be wrong though

I guess you must have missed the twenty or so posts with examples of people getting screwed on their in-store pickups since we discussed this the other day.
No, I saw at least a few of them as I was skimming through the thread. Just chiming in for the otherwise silent majority that doesn't have issues. Most people don't comment when they have a successful pickup or delivery. This is true of virtually any service here in the states. People love to complain but rarely comment when a positive experience occurs.

I don't mean to grand stand or anything, just putting in my two cents. As I said previously, everyone's experience is different and no less valid than someone else's. Blanket hating on in-store pickup is silly when it works without incident most of the time. Yes it should be all of the time, but that happens when you deal with human beings and they make mistakes isn't it?

Anyone who preorded at game stop for in store pickup. Call them today. Just picked up all my wave 3b preorders there just now. The circle is now complete! For now...
Where are you located? I checked the store inventory tracker for Los Angeles and no stores in the area have any of the 3B figures showing up. Maybe they'll be in later today?

For those in Omaha, I just checked and it seems you can order King Dedede from NFM in Omaha. Unfortunately, it seems that the KC one doesn't have any of Wave 3.
Yeah, figures after I ordered him earlier this week from Target with dumb shipping charges.

Hoping the strike is the cause for me not being able to locate a ddd. No stores getting shipments. Last week TRU got two and no more since.

Gotta complete that Kirby series.

So did anybody p/u kirby along with meta knight?

This release reminded me a lot like the lucario release. When I picked up my Kirby game they had at least 20 mk's behind the counter for store pick up.

Hoping the strike is the cause for me not being able to locate a ddd. No stores getting shipments. Last week TRU got two and no more since.

Gotta complete that Kirby series.
The port strike makes zero sense. The west coast ports have been on strike since November and Amiibos are the only asian products affected?! Nintendo fucked up and the fans have paid for it as usual.

I'm debating if I should check out TRU on my lunch break in hopes of a midday restock. I figure by the time I get there around 5:30 product will probably be gone for the day.
You aren't going to get a mid day restock at Toys R Us, they only have stock workers overnight, new product isn't getting out out during the day.

The port strike makes zero sense. The west coast ports have been on strike since November and Amiibos are the only asian products affected?! Nintendo fucked up and the fans have paid for it as usual.
Everyone affected. Nintendo is probably just too cheap to redirect shipments. You have clothing companies that either paid to fly their goods in or to move them to a eastern port to get around it

Just got my Meta Knight from UPS. :) so glad that popped up on .com and big shout out to the guy that posted it here!
Though he does have what i noticed with a lot of them a dirty face idk if it is paint or what.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back