Status
Not open for further replies.

litepink

CAGiversary!
Feedback
37 (100%)
**DO NOT POST TRADES HERE** Please use the amiibo Master Trade Thread
amiibo.gif

GOOGLE DOC WITH PRODUCT INFO (SKUs, Target DCPIs, etc)
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1uOZKhVW1S25GDETsqinf0Qzl1trbKcw2wT2swfcTAfE/edit#gid=0
(via redddit)

Retailers

Amazon
amazon.com

Toys R Us
Toysrus.com

Best Buy - 20% off with Gamers Club Unlocked Membership
[background=#202229]bestbuy.com[/background]

Target | 5% off and Free Shipping with REDcard
Target.com       In-store inventory tracker: http://brickseek.com/

Gamestop - Use promo code SAVER at checkout for free shipping over $25
http://www.gamestop.com/browse?nav=16k-3-amiibo,28zu0

Walmart
walmart.com

Other retailers:
goHastings | goHastings.com
FYE | fye.com | Store Locator
Meijer | In-store only. Stores in MI, IL, IN, and OH | Store Locatorhttp://www.meijer.com/custserv/store_locator.jsp
Fred Meyer | In-store | Store Locator
Nintendo World Store (New York City) | In-store only

Currently Available:
Wave 1 [Released Nov 2014]
Mario
Link
Pikachu
Samus
Donkey Kong
Peach
Yoshi
Villager
Kirby
Fox McCloud
Marth
Wii Fit Instructor

Wave 2 [Released Dec 2014]
Diddy Kong
Zelda
Little Mac
Pit
Luigi
Captain Falcon

Wave 3 [Released Jan/Feb 2015]
Sheik
Toon Link
Bowser
Mega Man
Sonic
King Dedede
Ike
Lucario (TRU Exclusive at launch now available elsewhere)
Rosalina (Target Exclsuive for now)
Shulk (Gamestop Exclusive at launch, now available elsewhere)

Super Mario Series [Released March 2015]
Mario
Peach
Luigi
Bowser
Yoshi
Toad
Silver Mario
*Gold Mario | exclusive to Walmart LINK

Wave 4 Super Smash Bros. Series [May 29th, 2015]
PacMan
Charizard
Wario
Robin
Lucina
Ness (Gamestop exclusive fo now)
Greninja (Toys R Us exclusive at launch, now available elsewhere)
Jigglypuff (Target exclusive for now)

Splatoon Series [May 29th 2015]
Splatoon 3-Pack (Boy, Girl, Squid)
Splatoon Boy
Splatoon Girl

Wave 5 Super Smash Bros. Series [July/September 2015]
Dark Pit - Best Buy Exclusive for now
Palutena - Amazon Exclusive for now
Bowser Jr.
Gannondorf
Zero Suit Samus

Olimar
Dr. Mario

30th Anniversary Mario [September 2015]
Classic Color
Modern Color (in North America, only available in Walmart console bundle at launch).

Animal Crossing Happy Home Designer Cards [September 2015]
http://animal-crossing.com/amiibo-cards/

Chibo-Robo [October 2015]
(Figure exclusive to Chibi-Robo Zip-Lash bundle for 3DS)

Upcoming
Yoshi's Wooly World [Oct 16th, 2015]
Yoshi (Green, Pink, Blue, Giant Green)

Falco, Mewtwo [2015]
Shovel Night [2016]
---
amiibo Feature: amiibo Tap
[sharedmedia=gallery:images:25367]
[sharedmedia=gallery:images:25372]
Unlock 3-minute segments of classic Nintendo games with your amiibo and the amiibo Tap free download released April 30th, 2015.

Confirmed Games:
Nintendo Entertainment System
  • Super Mario Bros.
  • Super Mario Bros. 2
  • Super Mario Bros. 3
  • Super Mario Bros.: The Lost Levels
  • Kirby’s Adventure
  • The Legend of Zelda
  • Zelda II: The Adventure of Link
  • Metroid
  • Yoshi
  • Dr. Mario
  • Punchout!!
  • Mach Rider
  • Excitebike
  • Ice Climbers
  • Kid Icarus
  • Donkey Kong
  • Donkey Kong Jr.
  • Balloon Fight
  • Wrecking Crew
  • Pinball
  • Clu Clu Land
  • Wario’s Woods
Super Nintendo
  • Super Mario World
  • Super Mario Kart
  • F-Zero
  • Kirby’s Dreamland 3
  • Kirby’s Super Star
  • Kirby’s Dream Course
  • Super Metroid
  • The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past

Last edited by a moderator:
Success! I already had a Meta Knight preordered for in-store pickup at Best Buy, which I knew they had waiting for me since I saw it last Friday when I went to pick up Sonic. I figured, since there's no real rush in going to claim it right at opening, and all the Amiibo hunters are probably lined up in front of Best Buy already hoping for MK and other 3B's, my chances of actually getting anything extra at Best Buy would be pretty slim without lining up with everyone else at least an hour in advance. So, I decide to go where everyone ISN'T, and hit up the nearby TRU a few minutes after opening. My hunch was right, as nobody else was there, and luckily there was one each of Ike, Mega Man, and Dedede just sitting there on the shelves! Not sure if they were unclaimed preorders or a small restock or what, but it was exactly what I was hoping to find. Picked those up, and then got MK at Best Buy right after. 29/29!

Talking with the Best Buy employee at the pickup counter, he said that there were a few extra Meta Knights (and maybe some others, wasn't specific), but that they were all gone within five minutes as there indeed had been a line. 

The port strike makes zero sense. The west coast ports have been on strike since November and Amiibos are the only asian products affected?! Nintendo fucked up and the fans have paid for it as usual.
The port slow down can only be blamed for delays and even then, I believe cargo is only delayed 10-12 days from the normal schedule right now. The Amiibo shortage is definitely not caused by the port slow down, even though individual store delays in receiving stock could be.

Our warehouse shipment where I work has been delayed for a month now because of the port strike. Our last shipment was delayed for a month and a half. The container pretty much sits along the shore with hundreds of others. It has been killing us lol.

I certainly hope this guy has a day job, because I can't imagine the profit from that being worth the time and effort.

These figures are only selling about double MSRP, right?

Edit: Also this explains why online retailers go out of stock so quickly. All you need is a dozen or so folks ordering 30+ figures each and supply only sticks around 15 minutes or so.

I certainly hope this guy has a day job, because I can't imagine the profit from that being worth the time and effort.

These figures are only selling about double MSRP, right?
Double MSRP? Meta Knights have been ending in the $70 range today. They cost $11 each when purchased with GCU.

Double MSRP? Meta Knights have been ending in the $70 range today.
Well, I made that post looking at the Ike and Dedede figures, I wasn't even thinking of Meta Knight.

Regardless, I can't imagine a whole lot of folks willing to pay $70 for a figure that's been heavily rumored to be getting restocks shortly.

Well, I made that post looking at the Ike and Dedede figures, I wasn't even thinking of Meta Knight.

Regardless, I can't imagine a whole lot of folks willing to pay $70 for a figure that's been heavily rumored to be getting restocks shortly.
Well that pic has all Meta Knights I think Even Ike Dedede are going for $35 to $40. Will probably continue to rise if they continue to be this hard to find.

Success! I already had a Meta Knight preordered for in-store pickup at Best Buy, which I knew they had waiting for me since I saw it last Friday when I went to pick up Sonic. I figured, since there's no real rush in going to claim it right at opening, and all the Amiibo hunters are probably lined up in front of Best Buy already hoping for MK and other 3B's, my chances of actually getting anything extra at Best Buy would be pretty slim without lining up with everyone else at least an hour in advance. So, I decide to go where everyone ISN'T, and hit up the nearby TRU a few minutes after opening. My hunch was right, as nobody else was there, and luckily there was one each of Ike, Mega Man, and Dedede just sitting there on the shelves! Not sure if they were unclaimed preorders or a small restock or what, but it was exactly what I was hoping to find. Picked those up, and then got MK at Best Buy right after. 29/29!

Talking with the Best Buy employee at the pickup counter, he said that there were a few extra Meta Knights (and maybe some others, wasn't specific), but that they were all gone within five minutes as there indeed had been a line.
They may have been unclaimed preorders, I think somebody mentioned that they would go up this Friday.

Stupid UPS said they can't deliver my package because my apartment doesn't exist when I have already had two packages delivered this week. Contacted them and they said Best Buy had it set that if it can't be delivered then it would return to them. Am I screwed out of my Meta Knight and King Dedede? Does anyone know if Best Buy will try sending it out again after it is returned? These are the only two I wanted along with my current Kirby to just complete that franchise.
Nope once it's sent back, that's it. I think they actually toss the items in a boiler room.

I still call everyday to remind them they sold my lucario and I still want it. I know i'm kicking a dead horse, but I think of it as the horse told me to do this before it died, because it did. they told me to call everyday because they would not call me and it was up to me to see if they get more
keep calling them

Stupid UPS said they can't deliver my package because my apartment doesn't exist when I have already had two packages delivered this week. Contacted them and they said Best Buy had it set that if it can't be delivered then it would return to them. Am I screwed out of my Meta Knight and King Dedede? Does anyone know if Best Buy will try sending it out again after it is returned? These are the only two I wanted along with my current Kirby to just complete that franchise.
sorry for your loss

I've seen some pictures posted on the net of people getting mega man and sonics in store at Walmart. Is this just because they used in store pickup or are they actually on shelves there?

My local GS manager is an awesome dude. Gives me a call before he puts Amiibo figures out to see if I need it. MM and Sonic will be waiting for me when they get in

So, Mega Man is probably going to be common, right? Because I can wait and get it with GCU if it will, but if it's going to continue being rare, I might start looking for it at TRU or Target and pay the extra $2.50

best buy shipped my mega man earlier. it didnt have a date for the longest time, so if you ordered mega man from best buy, hopefully yours ships out soon

So, Mega Man is probably going to be common, right? Because I can wait and get it with GCU if it will, but if it's going to continue being rare, I might start looking for it at TRU or Target and pay the extra $2.50
With Amiibos nothing can be assumed.... I buy first and return later. I hesitated long ago with Little Mac and have regretted it since.

[quote name="Author X" post="12519490" timestamp="1424463556"]So, Mega Man is probably going to be common, right? Because I can wait and get it with GCU if it will, but if it's going to continue being rare, I might start looking for it at TRU or Target and pay the extra $2.50[/quote]

To be honest the only ones from wave 3 I'm willing to a call a common right now are Bowser and Toon Link

I would not assume anything else

So I checked out two BB's today. One said they had 12 and it was gone at opening, and another had 2 cases @ the desk, but they said it was pre-orders only, so that's that.

If I had to guess based off eBay pricing Sonic and Mega man will be more common, they are selling in the high $20's range. Triple D in the high $30's. Ike in the $40s and Meta in the $50s.

So if I had to put in order of common to rare or in terms of eBay demand its (lowest demand to highest)

Sonic

Mega Man

Dededededededededededede

Ike

Meta Knight

Anyone been to BB? Heard theyre giving $5 off any nintendo game coupon. Would get kirby if troo
I was at my Best Buy this afternoon to return my Majoras Mask CE guide. The lady at customer service knew nothing of this coupon. They only had the tickets for people this morning.

Dang I'd love a coupon. Bought kirby with gcu, but a coupon and then gcu would be sweet.

Let me know if find a scan of one that doesn't have a thumb in the middle. Bar code is probably generic and not unique.

Anyone else not able to use GCU on MK? Two different mployees straight up said NOPE doesn't work on "accessories"
Am I mistaken or did something just change?
Double MSRP? Meta Knights have been ending in the $70 range today. They cost $11 each when purchased with GCU.
Didn't read ALL the posts, so in case it wasn't mentioned, GCU definitely works on amiibo (and of course Meta Knight). I only paid $0.41 for mine today after GCU and using 2x $5 certs that were set to expire tomorrow!

GameStop from midwest got their shipment in for Ike, King Dedede, Mega Man and Sonic. Call your local GS to touch base.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back