Status
Not open for further replies.

litepink

CAGiversary!
Feedback
37 (100%)
**DO NOT POST TRADES HERE** Please use the amiibo Master Trade Thread
amiibo.gif

GOOGLE DOC WITH PRODUCT INFO (SKUs, Target DCPIs, etc)
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1uOZKhVW1S25GDETsqinf0Qzl1trbKcw2wT2swfcTAfE/edit#gid=0
(via redddit)

Retailers

Amazon
amazon.com

Toys R Us
Toysrus.com

Best Buy - 20% off with Gamers Club Unlocked Membership
[background=#202229]bestbuy.com[/background]

Target | 5% off and Free Shipping with REDcard
Target.com       In-store inventory tracker: http://brickseek.com/

Gamestop - Use promo code SAVER at checkout for free shipping over $25
http://www.gamestop.com/browse?nav=16k-3-amiibo,28zu0

Walmart
walmart.com

Other retailers:
goHastings | goHastings.com
FYE | fye.com | Store Locator
Meijer | In-store only. Stores in MI, IL, IN, and OH | Store Locatorhttp://www.meijer.com/custserv/store_locator.jsp
Fred Meyer | In-store | Store Locator
Nintendo World Store (New York City) | In-store only

Currently Available:
Wave 1 [Released Nov 2014]
Mario
Link
Pikachu
Samus
Donkey Kong
Peach
Yoshi
Villager
Kirby
Fox McCloud
Marth
Wii Fit Instructor

Wave 2 [Released Dec 2014]
Diddy Kong
Zelda
Little Mac
Pit
Luigi
Captain Falcon

Wave 3 [Released Jan/Feb 2015]
Sheik
Toon Link
Bowser
Mega Man
Sonic
King Dedede
Ike
Lucario (TRU Exclusive at launch now available elsewhere)
Rosalina (Target Exclsuive for now)
Shulk (Gamestop Exclusive at launch, now available elsewhere)

Super Mario Series [Released March 2015]
Mario
Peach
Luigi
Bowser
Yoshi
Toad
Silver Mario
*Gold Mario | exclusive to Walmart LINK

Wave 4 Super Smash Bros. Series [May 29th, 2015]
PacMan
Charizard
Wario
Robin
Lucina
Ness (Gamestop exclusive fo now)
Greninja (Toys R Us exclusive at launch, now available elsewhere)
Jigglypuff (Target exclusive for now)

Splatoon Series [May 29th 2015]
Splatoon 3-Pack (Boy, Girl, Squid)
Splatoon Boy
Splatoon Girl

Wave 5 Super Smash Bros. Series [July/September 2015]
Dark Pit - Best Buy Exclusive for now
Palutena - Amazon Exclusive for now
Bowser Jr.
Gannondorf
Zero Suit Samus

Olimar
Dr. Mario

30th Anniversary Mario [September 2015]
Classic Color
Modern Color (in North America, only available in Walmart console bundle at launch).

Animal Crossing Happy Home Designer Cards [September 2015]
http://animal-crossing.com/amiibo-cards/

Chibo-Robo [October 2015]
(Figure exclusive to Chibi-Robo Zip-Lash bundle for 3DS)

Upcoming
Yoshi's Wooly World [Oct 16th, 2015]
Yoshi (Green, Pink, Blue, Giant Green)

Falco, Mewtwo [2015]
Shovel Night [2016]
---
amiibo Feature: amiibo Tap
[sharedmedia=gallery:images:25367]
[sharedmedia=gallery:images:25372]
Unlock 3-minute segments of classic Nintendo games with your amiibo and the amiibo Tap free download released April 30th, 2015.

Confirmed Games:
Nintendo Entertainment System
  • Super Mario Bros.
  • Super Mario Bros. 2
  • Super Mario Bros. 3
  • Super Mario Bros.: The Lost Levels
  • Kirby’s Adventure
  • The Legend of Zelda
  • Zelda II: The Adventure of Link
  • Metroid
  • Yoshi
  • Dr. Mario
  • Punchout!!
  • Mach Rider
  • Excitebike
  • Ice Climbers
  • Kid Icarus
  • Donkey Kong
  • Donkey Kong Jr.
  • Balloon Fight
  • Wrecking Crew
  • Pinball
  • Clu Clu Land
  • Wario’s Woods
Super Nintendo
  • Super Mario World
  • Super Mario Kart
  • F-Zero
  • Kirby’s Dreamland 3
  • Kirby’s Super Star
  • Kirby’s Dream Course
  • Super Metroid
  • The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past

Last edited by a moderator:
Keeping items new in box is a common practice in collecting many things and the condition of that box is important. I don't see why that is so hard for some people to understand and the constant trolling about it in this thread is really annoying.
it's not that it's hard to understand. But do we really need to see everyone's pictures and everyone's boxes and everyone's story?
Seems like there's more people bitching than actually putting some progressive info here .
Why weren't you first in line at retail for perfect condition boxes. Oh wait. It's because it doesn't matter you might get a paint defect too. One guy at target wanted to buy multiple rosalina and was asking to check the paint jobs. Inunderstad you want to collect and keep in pristene condition and never open it and use it for what there made for but what about people who are trying to aquire and use. Chances are most people didn't even know what a fire emblem was let alone who the damn character is . Best for the collectors to wait till when there's an abundance for their cardboard boxes.

Best Buy for me.

No cancels so far for me. *knocks on wood*

GCU discount.

Only been getting boxes since I became Elite Plus..

Almost 8% back in reward points because of Gamer's Club, BB Credit Card, ElitePlus ... but now that I'm looking at it more closely, I think I would get more with ShopDiscover, Gamer's Club, and ElitePlus..

In fairness, the story hasn't been getting much coverage until the last few weeks. The union was even denying any work slowdowns were happening until very recently. Considering the real impact was a delay of between a couple of weeks and a month for most cargo going through the ports, the impact in the long term will probably be minimal as those goods will still be delivered (with the possible exception of some perishable goods), especially now that the dispute has been resolved.
it will take a while though even though the dispute resolved the build up of congestion at the ports gotten so bad that officials already said it will take a minimum of 1 month to even 2 months to undo that congestion and unload everything that been piling up so you won't see anything change retail wise at least for a couple months

My mega man from best buy was shipped out of fresno California......up to Oakland, ca and now over to Louisville Kentucky. I live in Washington state:)

Best Buy for me.

No cancels so far for me. *knocks on wood*

GCU discount.

Only been getting boxes since I became Elite Plus..

Almost 8% back in reward points because of Gamer's Club, BB Credit Card, ElitePlus ... but now that I'm looking at it more closely, I think I would get more with ShopDiscover, Gamer's Club, and ElitePlus..
I'm with you man. Also elite status and best buy has hooked me up. Ordered wave 2 and 3 using the buy 2 get 1 with all orders fulfilled. Usually packaged well........for sure going through best buy on wave 4. I just purchased a tv through best buy because of how well they handled my amiibos.

it will take a while though even though the dispute resolved the build up of congestion at the ports gotten so bad that officials already said it will take a minimum of 1 month to even 2 months to undo that congestion and unload everything that been piling up so you won't see anything change retail wise at least for a couple months
One of our shipments at work(2 containers worth) had an estimated arrival date of January and has been pushed back to May 15th. Hopefully that's wrong but it is really bad right now.

I haven't had any problems with any shipments or cancellations from any retailer.  I've had deliveries from best buy, target and gamestop.  The boxes always come in pristine and perfect.  No defects in paint jobs or anything.  And then I open them and throw the boxes away. 

One of our shipments at work(2 containers worth) had an estimated arrival date of January and has been pushed back to May 15th. Hopefully that's wrong but it is really bad right now.
yea may probably the delivery date for a lot different items at different retailers hell even at GameStop the next amiibos shipment has May 1st and even the wii u GameCube adapters not even amiibo related has May 1st as the date also so may probably is the earlier for any kind item at any retailer and then just small random deliveries through the summer. Things probably won't be completely back to normal until fall I would say

Gamestop backordered ike til april if you ordered after DEC. 25th

I ordered Dec 26th.  rofl

but still getting King DDD because the cut off date was Dec. 30th for him

to anyone thats been to beast buy, do they really have the $5 off any 3ds/wii jew game coupon? i want to get kirby 

Got the rest of my Wave 3 from Bestbuy. I now have all released amiibo's and just waiting on Wave 4 to go to pre-order. 

I've already spent more than I was hoping to ever spend on these. I too far deep though now, I am going to get the rest. Here's to hoping no more store exclusives for a couple waves. Getting Rosalina and and Lucario were the only ones I had any worries about getting. 

The real question is..if you were able to choose any retailer from which to preorder, which one do you choose?

Basically, all things considered, which store is the best place to preorder and why?
Best Buy because of GCU. They are also the only store that has sent me an amiibo in a bubble mailer. I'm elite plus, so status has no impact. I've received about eight shipments from BB and only Sheik came in a mailer. It was ok because she was also missing trim paint on her legs and I returned her to the store

Got the rest of my Wave 3 from Bestbuy. I now have all released amiibo's and just waiting on Wave 4 to go to pre-order.

I've already spent more than I was hoping to ever spend on these. I too far deep though now, I am going to get the rest. Here's to hoping no more store exclusives for a couple waves. Getting Rosalina and and Lucario were the only ones I had any worries about getting.
now imagine if they released a full pokemon amiibo line lol talk about a wallet killer

about 720 pokemons give or take x $12.99 a piece = $9,352.80 lol wonder how many would dare to attempt a complete set

I had a dream just now. I kid you not, about Amiibos. A dream about Amiibos. I was in Walmart, and found every single Amiibo for Wave 4. I was the only person in the store too. Screw the real world, guys.

Bestbuy is my preference with store pickup. However a true CAG holds no allegiance to one store. Probably jinxing myself. But im really lucky to have the BB and GS stores that i frequent. Both are really reliable.

now imagine if they released a full pokemon amiibo line lol talk about a wallet killer

about 720 pokemons give or take x $12.99 a piece = $9,352.80 lol wonder how many would dare to attempt a complete set
Forget about all of them... I can see Nintendo doing Legendaries, mega's and starter's that come with unique moves exclusive to amiibo's. That alone is at least 50+ must have amiibo right there if you play pokemon.

I just preordered and paid for the Wii U Gamecube adapter at GS and went ahead and paid off the rest of my Mario Party bundle too.

Unrelated: Anyone try those character-themed pad controllers? They have Mario themed ones right now, and Samus, Donkey Kong, LOZ and more are coming out later. Look like a Gamecube controller but with a better right side analog stick.

where do you see this news? I haven't seen anything along those lines, although it makes sense.
i read a post on reddit that says metaknight is already in gamestops system, so if true it will probably be available there in april/may

You know, we keep wondering when pre-orders for the real Wave 4 will go live, but I find it curious that there's no CPSIA data yet. When did the data go up in relation to stores accepting pre-orders for Wave 2, Wave 3 and the Super Mario line? And who thinks Nintendo might increase production runs at this point? The data don't show how many were made, so we'll never know if they go large during those single month production runs for some of these rares. That would be really smart on Nintendo's part.
Toad was produced in Dec but it didn't go on the CPSIA page until Feb 3rd and it will be released March 20th

that is about 1 month after it is produced and 1-2 months before it is released

Wave 3 was produced in Nov/Dec and it went on the CPSIA page on January 26th and it was released middle of feb.

1-2 months after it is produced, 3 weeks before the release

so wave 4 will probably go up on the CPSIA page during the middle of march if it is being released at the end of april.

it's not that it's hard to understand. But do we really need to see everyone's pictures and everyone's boxes and everyone's story?
Seems like there's more people bitching than actually putting some progressive info here .
Why weren't you first in line at retail for perfect condition boxes. Oh wait. It's because it doesn't matter you might get a paint defect too. One guy at target wanted to buy multiple rosalina and was asking to check the paint jobs. Inunderstad you want to collect and keep in pristene condition and never open it and use it for what there made for but what about people who are trying to aquire and use. Chances are most people didn't even know what a fire emblem was let alone who the damn character is . Best for the collectors to wait till when there's an abundance for their cardboard boxes.
Do we really need your posts criticizing people for collecting a different way than you? You're not going to get a clean thread with only info you care about and that's okay because you don't have to read every post. If some truly useful info comes along, it will be obvious.

I can't say I disagree about all the useless posts in here, but there is use to the packaging posts. It might give you an idea of which retailer you want to go with based on how well they pack Amiibo. Most of the content in this thread is "my X shipped" or "my X hasn't shipped yet" posts, bitching about resellers, and arguing about speculation. Not a lot of truly useful info. I think this thread would have benefitted from not being in the deals section because the only Amiibo deals I'm aware of was a Best Buy glitch on preorders and I think Tru had a B2G1. Being in the deals section brings the thread more traffic, but that includes lots of lurkers and useless posts.

Opening your Amiibo and using them does not make you more entitled to buy them than someone who collects them in the package. Amiibo have pretty laughable functionality imo and I would bet most people don't buy them to use with a console and a lot probably don't even understand their functionality in games.

I'm sure Fire Emblem isn't some obscure game to many people on this forum and people who care enough to collect these figures new in box, but no doubt there are a lot of people collecting these who only got into it because they saw what happened with Marth, Villager, and WFT. You can go back to the early days of this thread and compare how many posts per day there were then compared to now and it's obvious. If every figure was as common as Mario, this thread would be pretty dead.

I just preordered and paid for the Wii U Gamecube adapter at GS and went ahead and paid off the rest of my Mario Party bundle too.

Unrelated: Anyone try those character-themed pad controllers? They have Mario themed ones right now, and Samus, Donkey Kong, LOZ and more are coming out later. Look like a Gamecube controller but with a better right side analog stick.
aren't those the ones you have to have a wii mote and plug into the remote?

Are they taking in store preorders?
It's on the app as available new and used but store pickup only and no stores show any stock near me.

i read a post on reddit that says metaknight is already in gamestops system, so if true it will probably be available there in april/may

Toad was produced in Dec but it didn't go on the CPSIA page until Feb 3rd and it will be released March 20th
that is about 1 month after it is produced and 1-2 months before it is released

Wave 3 was produced in Nov/Dec and it went on the CPSIA page on January 26th and it was released middle of feb.
1-2 months after it is produced, 3 weeks before the release

so wave 4 will probably go up on the CPSIA page during the middle of march if it is being released at the end of april.
What distinguishes meta Knight from Lucario and rosalina? Shulk I get because it's probably good to have some around when xenoblade may come out but meta Knights game is already out

The Hori ones feel much better than the other ones imo, though they only have Mario, Luigi, and soon Pikachu (waiting for that one!)

Idk i just ordered the gamecube adapter because i want that Link controller but one it is made by PDP not Nintendo, two I heard it is a attachment controller meant to plug into a wiimote

I got into the amiibo party pretty late but I just found the last Mega Man at Walmart today and Toon Link at Target. The only other ones I would love to find are King Dedede and Captain Falcon but I'ts probably impossible to find Falcon by now.

What distinguishes meta Knight from Lucario and rosalina? Shulk I get because it's probably good to have some around when xenoblade may come out but meta Knights game is already out
Because store exclusives like Meta, Lucario and Shulk etc.... were only exclusive at launch. All of these "exclusives" are being released at all retailers later this year.

And this is confirmed through reddit?
I don't think so. People are using the fact that there may be an entry in Gamestop's computers for these exclusives as proof which is ridiculous considering it could just as easily be a trade-in entry which they often do for other store exclusives. Similarly, people are using New Egg entries as proof which are similarly suspect. While I think anything is possible, I don't think the Gamestop or New Egg entries are proof of anything yet.

The post I read said the manager asked him if he wanted to order metaknight and showed it to him in the system but it wasn't available to order yet. Maybe he just didn't show him the other exclusives.

now that I think of it maybe gamestop is putting all of the exclusives in their system to sell them as used if they get trade ins.

Its confirmed on Nintendo's website on the amiibo Page. I said this earlier. Under each of them it says "exclusive at x store AT LAUNCH"
lol people use "confirmed" waayyy too loosely. It's possible they will rerelease them, but those words don't confirm anything.

The post I read said the manager asked him if he wanted to order metaknight and showed it to him in the system but it wasn't available to order yet. Maybe he just didn't show him the other exclusives.

now that I think of it maybe gamestop is putting all of the exclusives in their system to sell them as used if they get trade ins.

lol people use "confirmed" waayyy too loosely. It's possible they will rerelease them, but that doesn't confirm anything.
I just confirmed that post. I have confirmed I am replying to this confirmation. I can confirm that I hope to be swimming in bent box meta knights in the foreseeable future.

Nintendo would be crazy not to re-release the figures.  They totally were unprepared for the demand.  Put them in a new box (collectors will buy two!) and children will be happy. 

We have the HORI Pikachu and Mario gamepads. Like it a lot because it can be used for any game that accepts the classic pro controller (most all games) the only con is theres no rumble so it's a little lighter and it hooks directly to a wii mote so it's pseudo wireless, but for the pro of playing it with most all games as opposed to just smash like the real GC controllers I love em.

Been lurking for quite a while but here's my odd amiibo story of the day.

I was never aiming to collect a full set, but was trying to get certain figures.  Recent experiences left me feeling a little burnt out - the nebulous Gamestop Ike delay (I preordered one in store on 12/28) and waiting in line behind people that camped out at Best Buy overnight for MK to see they only have 4 once the store opens (I never managed to get a preorder in and an hour is about as long as I can dedicate to standing in line for a shot at a figure).

So I decided to list my villager (the first amiibo I bought on a whim, when villagers and WFT were plentiful at every store I visited) on CL.  I asked for $120.  I soon got an offer from somebody that desperately wanted it for his brother's birthday.  He offered 7 Lucarios, 3 Rosalinas, a Bowser, and a bottle of Johnnie Walker platinum (that last bit threw me off).  I was skeptical but took him up on his offer, and he came through.  I figured the trade would allow me to setup smaller trades for other figures I'm missing, and to get drunk off my ass while waiting for the next preorders to come up (and I can even return my store bought Bowser for a refund now).

I did ask him if he had Meta Knight that he could sub into the deal, and unfortunately he had already sold all 14 of them that morning.  He admitted that he spent $200 on bribes to BB employees.  I'm torn because this is wrecking the market and making chasing figures down in the wild next to impossible, but he was a very nice fellow.

Been lurking for quite a while but here's my odd amiibo story of the day.

I was never aiming to collect a full set, but was trying to get certain figures. Recent experiences left me feeling a little burnt out - the nebulous Gamestop Ike delay (I preordered one in store on 12/28) and waiting in line behind people that camped out at Best Buy overnight for MK to see they only have 4 once the store opens (I never managed to get a preorder in and an hour is about as long as I can dedicate to standing in line for a shot at a figure).

So I decided to list my villager (the first amiibo I bought on a whim, when villagers and WFT were plentiful at every store I visited) on CL. I asked for $120. I soon got an offer from somebody that desperately wanted it for his brother's birthday. He offered 7 Lucarios, 3 Rosalinas, a Bowser, and a bottle of Johnnie Walker platinum (that last bit threw me off). I was skeptical but took him up on his offer, and he came through. I figured the trade would allow me to setup smaller trades for other figures I'm missing, and to get drunk off my ass while waiting for the next preorders to come up (and I can even return my store bought Bowser for a refund now).

I did ask him if he had Meta Knight that he could sub into the deal, and unfortunately he had already sold all 14 of them that morning. He admitted that he spent $200 on bribes to BB employees. I'm torn because this is wrecking the market and making chasing figures down in the wild next to impossible, but he was a very nice fellow.
Well, the next time you cant find a rare amiibo because some scalper bought them all, at least you got his number!

I was never aiming to collect a full set, but was trying to get certain figures. Recent experiences left me feeling a little burnt out - the nebulous Gamestop Ike delay (I preordered one in store on 12/28) and waiting in line behind people that camped out at Best Buy overnight for MK to see they only have 4 once the store opens (I never managed to get a preorder in and an hour is about as long as I can dedicate to standing in line for a shot at a figure).

So I decided to list my villager (the first amiibo I bought on a whim, when villagers and WFT were plentiful at every store I visited) on CL. I asked for $120. I soon got an offer from somebody that desperately wanted it for his brother's birthday. He offered 7 Lucarios, 3 Rosalinas, a Bowser, and a bottle of Johnnie Walker platinum (that last bit threw me off). I was skeptical but took him up on his offer, and he came through. I figured the trade would allow me to setup smaller trades for other figures I'm missing, and to get drunk off my ass while waiting for the next preorders to come up (and I can even return my store bought Bowser for a refund now).

I did ask him if he had Meta Knight that he could sub into the deal, and unfortunately he had already sold all 14 of them that morning. He admitted that he spent $200 on bribes to BB employees. I'm torn because this is wrecking the market and making chasing figures down in the wild next to impossible, but he was a very nice fellow.
w...t...f...

Why wouldn't he just pay the $120? 11 Amiibo retail for more than $120 and the Lucarios and rosalinas sell for more than retail.

Does anyone happen to know what the amiibo scene is like now in Europe? I know I've been pictures weeks ago about how there are shelves of the rare amiibos over there. My older brother is deployed over seas right now and should be back next month. If he's gonna have a stop over in Europe somewhere for a couple of days, I was just gonna ask him to see if he can bring some over for me.

Corrupted BBY employees? :whistle2:k  It makes you wonder when someone has this much MK!   :whistle2:$

2uyrtrk.jpg

I did ask him if he had Meta Knight that he could sub into the deal, and unfortunately he had already sold all 14 of them that morning. He admitted that he spent $200 on bribes to employees. I'm torn because this is wrecking the market and making chasing figures down in the wild next to impossible, but he was a very nice fellow.
That's a pretty strange one. I wonder how much Johnny walker HE'S had.

I really freaking want a New 3DS XL. Bastards are selling them for $350 though... I bought my Wii U for $180 and it came with a bunch of games and controllers, my PS4 was $190 and came with 7 games and 4 controllers and my Xbone was $150 and came with 2 games and 2 controllers. I'm not about to spend over $225 for a handheld unless it can make sweet, sweet love to me and make me a smoked ham. Any word on restocks?

Why wouldn't he just pay the $120? 11 Amiibo retail for more than $120 and the Lucarios and rosalinas sell for more than retail.
Yeah. He could have sold like 4 of those figures and made enough to buy his Villager for $120 cash. If he had really sold 14 Meta Knight that morning, he would have had more than enough cash. Doesn't make any sense.

I really freaking want a New 3DS XL. Bastards are selling them for $350 though... I bought my Wii U for $180 and it came with a bunch of games and controllers, my PS4 was $190 and came with 7 games and 4 controllers and my Xbone was $150 and came with 2 games and 2 controllers. I'm not about to spend over $225 for a handheld unless it can make sweet, sweet love to me and make me a smoked ham. Any word on restocks?
sounds legit

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back