Status
Not open for further replies.

litepink

CAGiversary!
Feedback
37 (100%)
**DO NOT POST TRADES HERE** Please use the amiibo Master Trade Thread
amiibo.gif

GOOGLE DOC WITH PRODUCT INFO (SKUs, Target DCPIs, etc)
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1uOZKhVW1S25GDETsqinf0Qzl1trbKcw2wT2swfcTAfE/edit#gid=0
(via redddit)

Retailers

Amazon
amazon.com

Toys R Us
Toysrus.com

Best Buy - 20% off with Gamers Club Unlocked Membership
[background=#202229]bestbuy.com[/background]

Target | 5% off and Free Shipping with REDcard
Target.com       In-store inventory tracker: http://brickseek.com/

Gamestop - Use promo code SAVER at checkout for free shipping over $25
http://www.gamestop.com/browse?nav=16k-3-amiibo,28zu0

Walmart
walmart.com

Other retailers:
goHastings | goHastings.com
FYE | fye.com | Store Locator
Meijer | In-store only. Stores in MI, IL, IN, and OH | Store Locatorhttp://www.meijer.com/custserv/store_locator.jsp
Fred Meyer | In-store | Store Locator
Nintendo World Store (New York City) | In-store only

Currently Available:
Wave 1 [Released Nov 2014]
Mario
Link
Pikachu
Samus
Donkey Kong
Peach
Yoshi
Villager
Kirby
Fox McCloud
Marth
Wii Fit Instructor

Wave 2 [Released Dec 2014]
Diddy Kong
Zelda
Little Mac
Pit
Luigi
Captain Falcon

Wave 3 [Released Jan/Feb 2015]
Sheik
Toon Link
Bowser
Mega Man
Sonic
King Dedede
Ike
Lucario (TRU Exclusive at launch now available elsewhere)
Rosalina (Target Exclsuive for now)
Shulk (Gamestop Exclusive at launch, now available elsewhere)

Super Mario Series [Released March 2015]
Mario
Peach
Luigi
Bowser
Yoshi
Toad
Silver Mario
*Gold Mario | exclusive to Walmart LINK

Wave 4 Super Smash Bros. Series [May 29th, 2015]
PacMan
Charizard
Wario
Robin
Lucina
Ness (Gamestop exclusive fo now)
Greninja (Toys R Us exclusive at launch, now available elsewhere)
Jigglypuff (Target exclusive for now)

Splatoon Series [May 29th 2015]
Splatoon 3-Pack (Boy, Girl, Squid)
Splatoon Boy
Splatoon Girl

Wave 5 Super Smash Bros. Series [July/September 2015]
Dark Pit - Best Buy Exclusive for now
Palutena - Amazon Exclusive for now
Bowser Jr.
Gannondorf
Zero Suit Samus

Olimar
Dr. Mario

30th Anniversary Mario [September 2015]
Classic Color
Modern Color (in North America, only available in Walmart console bundle at launch).

Animal Crossing Happy Home Designer Cards [September 2015]
http://animal-crossing.com/amiibo-cards/

Chibo-Robo [October 2015]
(Figure exclusive to Chibi-Robo Zip-Lash bundle for 3DS)

Upcoming
Yoshi's Wooly World [Oct 16th, 2015]
Yoshi (Green, Pink, Blue, Giant Green)

Falco, Mewtwo [2015]
Shovel Night [2016]
---
amiibo Feature: amiibo Tap
[sharedmedia=gallery:images:25367]
[sharedmedia=gallery:images:25372]
Unlock 3-minute segments of classic Nintendo games with your amiibo and the amiibo Tap free download released April 30th, 2015.

Confirmed Games:
Nintendo Entertainment System
  • Super Mario Bros.
  • Super Mario Bros. 2
  • Super Mario Bros. 3
  • Super Mario Bros.: The Lost Levels
  • Kirby’s Adventure
  • The Legend of Zelda
  • Zelda II: The Adventure of Link
  • Metroid
  • Yoshi
  • Dr. Mario
  • Punchout!!
  • Mach Rider
  • Excitebike
  • Ice Climbers
  • Kid Icarus
  • Donkey Kong
  • Donkey Kong Jr.
  • Balloon Fight
  • Wrecking Crew
  • Pinball
  • Clu Clu Land
  • Wario’s Woods
Super Nintendo
  • Super Mario World
  • Super Mario Kart
  • F-Zero
  • Kirby’s Dreamland 3
  • Kirby’s Super Star
  • Kirby’s Dream Course
  • Super Metroid
  • The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past

Last edited by a moderator:
I think Walmart was the most affected by the port strike. Most Walmarts never received wave 2 and this could be the reason. I'm going to lose my shit if I walk into my local stores and see Pit or the Captain show up along side Mega and Sonic.
I never saw Pit or Falcon at my Walmart, let alone tags for them. If they *do* show up ever... I'm going to have to decide if I turn to the dark side.

Pretty sure I'd go full on Darth Vader if I ran into them. :p
I have both loose on my shelf already, but it would be extremely tempting to pick up some sealed ones to trade for Wave 4, or if I end up missing Ike and Dedede... Really want those two right now ._.

Quick question, which amiibo is the rarest one that is still easiest to find in store? I know Diddy Kong used to be rare, is he still rare?

I never saw Pit or Falcon at my Walmart, let alone tags for them. If they *do* show up ever... I'm going to have to decide if I turn to the dark side.
My local store got *one* restock since amiibo started: Zelda and Bowser. Never even got restocks of Wave 1. I think they have a couple Pikachu and Peach, and nothing else!

I think Walmart was the most affected by the port strike. Most Walmarts never received wave 2 and this could be the reason. I'm going to lose my shit if I walk into my local stores and see Pit or the Captain show up along side Mega and Sonic.
That has more to do with Walmarts crappy out of date merchandising and inventory methods than anhthing else. Walk down Walmarts toy aisle and you'll notice it's both A. Completely disorganized and B. More than half empty. I collect other action figure lines, and Walmart is always the last to get in new product, and the slowest to restock inventory. They also prefer manufacturers produce Walmart exclusive lines full of junk and repaints that clog the shelves forever. Walmart probably sees Wave One Amiibos taking up space and either doesn't see a need to order more, or assumes the demand isn't there.

That has more to do with Walmarts crappy out of date merchandising and inventory methods than anhthing else. Walk down Walmarts toy aisle and you'll notice it's both A. Completely disorganized and B. More than half empty. I collect other action figure lines, and Walmart is always the last to get in new product, and the slowest to restock inventory. They also prefer manufacturers produce Walmart exclusive lines full of junk and repaints that clog the shelves forever. Walmart probably sees Wave One Amiibos taking up space and either doesn't see a need to order more, or assumes the demand isn't there.
I am going to 100% agree on this BUT, oddly enough, I found the entire Guardians of the Galaxy Marvel Legends series there before anywhere else, and they had the entire set. They also had the new Captain Marvel figure when everywhere else was sold out of her and Scarlet Witch, which surprised me. But yea, 90% of the time Walmart is a lot like Kmart, a toilet for hobos.

Quick question, which amiibo is the rarest one that is still easiest to find in store? I know Diddy Kong used to be rare, is he still rare?
diddy kong is not rare. I seen him everywhere I go. I didn't know sonic and mega man kind hard to find If I know that I buy them all and put them on ebay 2 for $60 with free shipping, lol if you live in independence, missouri. Check out your local Walmart blue ridge on 40 hwy. Store have 4 or 5 mega man and sonic each.

I never said the price of a 3ds is relavent to this thread. I said the complete opposite. It seems like you & madonna's reading comprehension is just as bad as your logic. :wall: Read my post again and try harder next time. That retort was just poorly thought out. Not as bad as madonna's oh so mature & ironic blah, blah, blah & middle finger retort though.
Just shut up about it. Move on.

Walmart has always been horrible here, we have two and they never had jack besides the common ones. I checked back recently and it's gotten worse there, they don't even have the commons. lol They have nothing.

So is Sheik rare? The Target I went to had 2 rows with like 5 or 6 in each row. I passed on it since it didn't really catch my attention and I was looking for a Sonic.

I wish they could release a Pokemon amiibo line with Pokemon that were famous from the amine/movies like Pikachu, Mewtwo, Charizard, Lucario, Celebi, etc!

Unfortunately none of the amiibos that are easy to find in stores are rare. They're all commons. I'd venture a guess that Samus is on the chopping block for discontinuation soon, but that's just speculation. I also had trouble finding a Kirby amiibo two weeks ago when I wanted to buy one for a friend. Kirby is rare in other regions, so maybe that will eventually be the case here?

You are lucky you can find anything at Walmart besides the most common amiibo. I ordered Mega Man from Frys, when it was up briefly recently, and it has shopped. I would like Sonic, Sheik and Rosalina, but, am not willing to pay two to three times on eBay.
You can find Shiek is stores easily. I've seen at least 5 in every Target I've been to this week.

I wish they could release a Pokemon amiibo line with Pokemon that were famous from the amine/movies like Pikachu, Mewtwo, Charizard, Lucario, Celebi, etc!
Think of the next Pokémon game where your Pokémons stats, moves, color scheme or pallete, everything about it was customized and stored in it's amiibo o_O

Posted in the reading thread but thought I would post here as well. Just received two shipments of Sonic and Mega Man at work today. If anyone is still looking let me know.

We also got restocked on Luigi, Toon Link, Zelda, and Bowser Will be in hopefully by this coming week.

[quote name="dyeknom" post="12524126" timestamp="1424659262"]Any DFW locals know if *ANY* of the N. Texas/DFW Metroplex Gamestops received their shipments of Sonic, Mega Man, Ike or D3? I know the last two are supposed to be "by" Wednesday per the memo... but it is odd for Sonic/MM to be over 2 weeks late.[/quote]
All the local BBs are set to receive some Sonics the guy didn't know when but my store was set to receive 7 sonics. Maybe it will happen this week. He stated DDD and Ike is not in the system to be received. But this was the same case for sonic earlier this month so there's still hope. I have no idea about GS tho.

Unfortunately none of the amiibos that are easy to find in stores are rare. They're all commons. I'd venture a guess that Samus is on the chopping block for discontinuation soon, but that's just speculation. I also had trouble finding a Kirby amiibo two weeks ago when I wanted to buy one for a friend. Kirby is rare in other regions, so maybe that will eventually be the case here?
I've been saying this about Kirby but everybody keeps doubting me, with the new game out I think it's only a matter of time now. Kirby was my last wave one that I picked up, the figures I constantly see are Mario, Link, Zelda, Luigi, Diddy, Donkey Kong, & Bowser. The ones I see less of are Yoshi, Samus, Kirby, & Pikachu... Well, I guess you can put Pikachu in between the more common and less common right now.

I just posted the question on the Amiibo subreddit and it got a HUGEEE reception so might as well ask it here then!

If they announced a Pokemon amiibo line, what Pokemon would you like to see get figures?

Posted in the reading thread but thought I would post here as well. Just received two shipments of Sonic and Mega Man at work today. If anyone is still looking let me know.

We also got restocked on Luigi, Toon Link, Zelda, and Bowser Will be in hopefully by this coming week.
I can't find those anywhere here in New Jersey

Btw I been lurking this thread for months now decided to join and chat with you guys

If there was a pokemon line, I'd want my Snorlax.

Oh and classic Pikachu but that would never happen, by classic I mean the one that looked more like a chubby mouse and not mickey mouse.

18fptc0060wf0jpg.jpg

Im trying to do an order through tenso.com but i cant for the life of me figure out how to sign up for an account on amazon.co.jp
Just did it. The trickiest part is the address part, but there is a guide here. Where are you stuck at signing up for an account? I just used my amazon email and said "I'm here for the first time" or something like that, then it just had me input a password.

People told me to try it out but how much do they charge to ship to the U.S??
They have a cost calculator, it's based on where it's going and weight. For 5 amiibo at 6 ounces each, it came to somewhere around 2800 JPY, which is around $23, I believe. This was for EMS shipping, btw. The order at Amazon.co.jp for 5 amiibo was ~ $54. So $77 total or ~ $16 per amiibo, shipped. Pretty comparable to buying it locally, or course the packaging will be Japanese, but I open them anyways.

There's a button on most of the item pages on amazon.co.jp that changes some of the generic text to English.  Find that, and it should make signing up for an account on amazon.co.jp much easier.

Edit:

Ordered Lucina and Robin.  Hope to be able to get a U.S. package, too, and will just open the Japanese ones. :)

Wait, are you guys ordering straight from amazon jp or are you guys using tenso too? Amazon jp doesn't like my US address.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back